Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

As if things weren't akward enough at this stage I've now managed to go over on my ankle and slightly twist it :(

Went into town today, for one of my first trips out on my own since the snow, and was bending down trying to get something from a bottom shelf in one of the shops and my ankle just went from under me when I was trying to get up. Luckily a nice woman saw me and helped me up to a seat. Had to hobble back to the car then to get home with tears in my eyes but trying not to cry (of course that didnt last and I cried as soon as I got home - thats tears every day for the last 5 days, and I never normally cry!)

So now I'm up again at a stupid time because my ankle keeps catching in the duvet or in my other leg when I'm in bed and its really sore. So frustrated!

But I suppose things could be worse......

And as for maternity clothes - god I love the over bump trousers, so comfy, dont know how I'll ever go back to having a zip and buttons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Cathy no disrespect to your MiL but imo that's complete rubbish. I think little girls melt their daddy's hearts. I also think daughters bring out a more protective side of men. I think they love sons and daughters equally and it'd be a very old fashioned man who'd prefer a son over a daughter but I've seen the hardest, toughest men idolise their little girls in the same way that mothers feel more maternally protective over sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Cathy no disrespect to your MiL but imo that's complete rubbish. I think little girls melt their daddy's hearts. I also think daughters bring out a more protective side of men. I think they love sons and daughters equally and it'd be a very old fashioned man who'd prefer a son over a daughter but I've seen the hardest, toughest men idolise their little girls in the same way that mothers feel more maternally protective over sons.
    Apparently we will be having the 100th grandchild of my husband's grandfather - she wants it to be a boy. Sorry, am still annoyed over this - my daddy and I have a great bond and I know that my husband will be the same with this child, be they boy or girl.

Cathy I've heard enough truly tragic stories about babies lately (perhaps I'm much more aware because I'm pregnant) to know that a healthy baby is a gift not a right. That kind of thinking is plain bonkers (imo!).

Try to put it to the back of your mind and enjoy your pregnancy.

For what it's worth I've got a much better relationship with my dad than with my mam and always have done. He understands me far more than my
    mam does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Apparently we will be having the 100th grandchild of my husband's grandfather - she wants it to be a boy. Sorry, am still annoyed over this - my daddy and I have a great bond and I know that my husband will be the same with this child, be they boy or girl.

So, actually, what it boils down to is that SHE wants you to have another boy. Ignore her, or maybe point out to her that stressing you out about something you have absolutely no control over may well lead to them all having to wait a lot longer for that 100th great-grandchild.

Trying to bring your husband into it and suggest that she was only voicing his feelings is just LOW!

Mothers and Mothers-in-Law can be extremely foolish sometimes, when I'm feeling charitable I put it down to the Menopause. I just hope that none of us repeat their mistakes when it's our turn :)

Sorry to hear about your ankle sillysocks, hope it recovers quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Can't believe its been a year or more since I was on here moaning about everything and the thread is still going strong!!

Pregnant women have a lot to moan about!! Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

CathyMoran wrote: »

cathy,i totally understand how your so stressed, this is my first and before this i always thought deep down we had a secret preference as to what we wanted, but now that im pregnant i genuinely dont care what it is im just praying its healthy. i never realised how even tho this little one is part of us we can do so little to truely protect it, it scares the crap out of me to be honest!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

sillysocks wrote: »
    As if things weren't akward enough at this stage I've now managed to go over on my ankle and slightly twist it :(

Went into town today, for one of my first trips out on my own since the snow, and was bending down trying to get something from a bottom shelf in one of the shops and my ankle just went from under me when I was trying to get up. Luckily a nice woman saw me and helped me up to a seat. Had to hobble back to the car then to get home with tears in my eyes but trying not to cry (of course that didnt last and I cried as soon as I got home - thats tears every day for the last 5 days, and I never normally cry!)

So now I'm up again at a stupid time because my ankle keeps catching in the duvet or in my other leg when I'm in bed and its really sore. So frustrated!

But I suppose things could be worse......

And as for maternity clothes - god I love the over bump trousers, so comfy, dont know how I'll ever go back to having a zip and buttons :)

Aww no you poor thing *hugs*
    At least you only have a few days left:)
    I wore my maternity jeans for weeks after last baby despite fitting in to my normal jeans fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

just back from a lovely break with my sis and her kids, so enjoyed it but am so pissed at a 'friend' - she is an avon lady and i placed an order with her a few wks ago, she got it but was stuck in for a few days as was i and lots of people, then i missed her, and to ice the cake, i forgot to leave money with hubby before i went away for 5 days. anyway while i was away i got a few 'are you sure u r taking this? cause i will have to pay' msgs, then 'i just paid for u' and today a 'what time will u b here with payment? because if u r not i will return it tomorrow and get a refund, but not until jan. i am not happy'
    really annoyed with her, just feel like she did not arrange a day and time for original pick-up and i dont keep nearly 80 quid around the house, but she expected me to have it after a week snowed-in? arragghh i know i was not 100% right but she has really annoyed me and ruined the last day of my hols. and lost a customer.
    maybe the 31 wks hormones have kicked in and i am too sensitive, i am supposed to go out with a few girls on sat night and she is going and i just do not want to even see her. moan/rant over glad to get it out
    update: collected first thing and she had a right go, got nasty too. sis and mom said i should have told her to shove it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well, I'm still pregnant.. :(

Had a sweep today, the pain of it :eek: am I a complete wimp or is it supposed to hurt like HELL??

Doctor said 50% of women will go into labour within 48 hours of getting this done so fingers crossed.. If not I'm going in to be induced next Wednesday 22nd.. So would probably be bringing home my bundle on Xmas Eve if that's the case..

Not sure how I feel about that as we are supposed to be going to my parents house after the birth but had my heart set on spending Xmas at home in our own place :o I guess I probably won't care come the time though eh?

Say a prayer to the baby fairies for me please ladies, I'm getting seriously fed up now :( just want my baby already!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

The best x mas pressie ever, nothing will top that. fingers crossed you will be at home (or your mothers) with a baby in your arms on xmas day.

good luck, and get yourself a hot curry

Rasberry Leaf Tea is supposed to be good for bringing on labour and I've been told pineapple is good too. I'll be trying everything as I get near 40 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

xzanti wrote: »

Had a sweep today, the pain of it :eek: am I a complete wimp or is it supposed to hurt like HELL??

Doctor said 50% of women will go into labour within 48 hours of getting this done so fingers crossed.. If not I'm going in to be induced next Wednesday 22nd.. So would probably be bringing home my bundle on Xmas Eve if that's the case..

Not sure how I feel about that as we are supposed to be going to my parents house after the birth but had my heart set on spending Xmas at home in our own place :o I guess I probably won't care come the time though eh?

Say a prayer to the baby fairies for me please ladies, I'm getting seriously fed up now :( just want my baby already!!!
    if memory serves it is uncomfortable. best thing to do now is relax, terrible thing to say, but it really helps.

I completely exhausted myself yesterday. I walked 1.5-2miles at lunch time and I was walking like a bandy duck last night. I was just shattered by 8pm and falling asleep standing up by 9.

It's my last few days in work and it's been so busy over the last couple if weeks between minor emergencies and just trying to close things off to finish up. My colleagues have been very kind to me for the most part but I think if you've never been pregnant then you can't understand how tired a pregnant woman can get. I certainly never appreciated it before. On top of that I'm still working so I'm expected to do my job which involves alot of running around.

I just can't wait for 23rd dec at 5pm!

Rasberry Leaf Tea is supposed to be good for bringing on labour and I've been told pineapple is good too. I'll be trying everything as I get near 40 weeks.

I've tried them all :o ate almost an entire pineapple for breakfast yesterday, been drinking the tea since week 38, had a vindaloo last Sunday, blew the feckin head off me lol.. Been out walking any chance I get and I'm up and down the stairs with washing etc every other chance I get..

I guess all I can do is wait :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I've tried them all :o ate almost an entire pineapple for breakfast yesterday, been drinking the tea since week 38, had a vindaloo last Sunday, blew the feckin head off me lol.. Been out walking any chance I get and I'm up and down the stairs with washing etc every other chance I get..

I guess all I can do is wait :(

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Fingers crossed it works xx - Ive had a couple of sweeps on other pregnancies and its horrible and incredibly sore. Think the docs have no clue, if I have to get it done this time around Ill be letting them now anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

xzanti i hear you ;) i was due last christmas eve and my man didn't arrive until jan 6th :eek: all over christmas i was on here giving out hell and then to top it 4 days before he arrived i had a false labour for 6 hours :rolleyes: i was brought in on the 6th to be induced on the 7th (would've been the full 14 days overdue) but he decided to arrive in hurry after the first gel.
    so fingers crossed for you and i hope everything goes well and fast :D
    and i don't think you'll be too worried about where you are on christmas day but i think you might be glad of the help and someone else looking after you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Gonna burst your bubble there ;) Raspberry Leaf Tea doesn't bring on labour, what it does is tone the muscles in the uterus to assist during labour. It's supposed to make the contractions work better, so it's still worth drinking it from about 32/33 weeks, starting with one cup a day and building that up gradually.

It's also said that you'd have to eat the around 7 pineapples to get the amount of bromelain (the enzyme that is thought to soften the cervix to help bring on labour) needed to take effect! If you eat 7 pineapples, it would kind of have the same effect castor oil would as it'd give you diarrhea (castor oil is too risky!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Hi Ladies
    This is supposed to be the Moan Thread but anyway...

Am now 39+4 so was in the Maternity in Limerick today and the doctor gave me a sweep and told me I was already 2cm dilated anyway so HOPEFULLY will have the babs by Sunday :D

So happy the end is in sight
    Going to try get a few hours sleep tonight am in SLOW labour with menstrual type cramps all evening should be a quickie (fingers crossed) once the waters go

Am hoping that I won't be at home this time tomorrow to keep ye updated but that's why I have an I-Phone :P

• Advertisement

Awe that's brilliant Angelfire9 :) best of luck x

Sooooo not fair though :(:(:(:( I'm still in misery..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Huge hugs

Oh poor you xzanti. I hope something starts stirring soon.
    Congrats angelfire9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

:(
    If only we all had a crystal ball that would take the guessing out of when things would happen it'd be so much easier! At least you have a date to be brought in now so end is in sight regardless.

For some reason I'm not wishing it was over now as much as I was last week, maybe it's because I've been able to get out and about without the ice around - altough looks like that'll change over weekend! Awake since 3am this morning tho and no sign of sleep. Thank god I don't have to think if going to work anymore.

Poor you
    I'm STILL in slow labour its driving me nuts :(

Still at home
    Contractions every few hours I'm going demented :(
    Walked the town twice over yesterday to see if it'd help but nothing
    I've the immersion on now for a nice warm bath ;)

I had a show this morning but I can't be too sure if it's from the sweep on Wednesday or spontaneous, I was having some mucus after the sweep but it seemed to disappear on Thursday evening.. Also had an awful bout of diarrhoea when I woke up and having some very mild premenstrual cramps.. So am hoping things start to move soon :o fingers crossed :eek:

xzanti,

I always got loose stools as labour began.

Fingers crossed you have little buba by tomorrow.

Anglefire9

Things normally go a bit quicker with the second one, so be ready to leave at 5 mins apart, roads are not great so better make that 10 mins apart especially if you want the epidural. But if its a real slow labour:

You might end up having babies on the same day!

best of luck to both of you.

xzanti,

I always got loose stools as labour began.

Fingers crossed you have little buba by tomorrow.

Anglefire9

Things normally go a bit quicker with the second one, so be ready to leave at 5 mins apart, roads are not great so better make that 10 mins apart especially if you want the epidural.

You might end up having babies on the same day!

best of luck to both of you.

5 mins apart?
    For a trip from Ennis to Limerick in the snow?
    Doc said 45 mins apart and I should hit the road unless I want the babs to be actually born in Clare
    Not that I'm even slightly optimistic of anything stirring anytime soon at this stage :(

• Advertisement

angelfire9 wrote: »
    5 mins apart?
    For a trip from Ennis to Limerick in the snow?
    Doc said 45 mins apart and I should hit the road unless I want the babs to be actually born in Clare
    Not that I'm even slightly optimistic of anything stirring anytime soon at this stage :(

Theres no snow here at the moment, there is ice though...

A clare baby, you dont get too many of them!

There might be snow in limerick.

45 mins apart? i remember leaving with my last 2 at 5 mins apart, a 45 min journey(no motorway back then) and spent 4-5 hours in the labour ward. One born on the 29th of dec and really bad weather.

If you dont feel safe in the car, call an ambulance. The motorway is pretty clear, of course there is a risk of black ice and it might snow later, so be prepared to call an ambulance.

Have you arranged someone to look after your daughter for the rest of today and tomorrow?

Advertisement