Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

AA roadwatch, for up to date road information.

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Have you arranged someone to look after your daughter for the rest of today and tomorrow?

My parents live 5 minutes away so she'll be fine
    I'm just SO SICK of waiting
    :(

angelfire9 wrote: »
    I'm just SO SICK of waiting
    :(

I know that feeling.

At least things have started and hopefuly this time tormorrow you will have the little one in your arms.

Anglefire9 i hope you leave for the hospital before 2am, as limerick and clare are due snow then.

Xzanti
    no word form youall day, hope your in the labour ward

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Xzanti
    no word form youall day, hope your in the labour ward

I wish :( been having very mild cramps on and off all day.. Was hoping to be in the throws by now.. I can see myself still sitting here this time tomorrow.. Had a little sleep there for a couple of hours and woke up with more loose stool and slightly sharper cramp on one side.. but sure it's gone now.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyone have a stick of dynamite handy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

girls i hear your pain, been there and actually am a little jealous i still have 9 wks to go, cant wait to meet this one.
    anyway, having used the gentle birth cds last time and this time, i am plannign on using the getting labor started track when the time comes - anyone goig to give it a try?

Get labour started

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I dunno how I can get any bigger!!
    Bump has also given me my 1st baba bump bruise:(

We went to see santa today and he gave baba bump a present too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Xzanti, you poor thing, you must be going mad with the waiting!

I'm 39+2 now, wondering when it will happen but not stressed yet with the waiting. Anytime I get any little twinge or strange feeling I do wonder "is this it" but there's been nothing major (did lose my plug yest I think, sorry TMI, but apparently that doesn't mean much). Due Christmas Day so reckon with all the Christmas things going on I'll probably be a bit distracted around the day which will help.

Feeling so much better since I finished up work, still not sleeping great and up most nights for at least a couple of hours during the night, but at least I can go back to bed then and not worry about getting up at a specific time.

Moonbeam, I did wonder about getting bigger too, haven't even really noticed it myself over the last few weeks but I saw my parents yest for the first time in 3 weeks and my mum reckoned I'd definitely gotten a good bit bigger in that time!

I give up :mad:

No pains at all since last night.. To say that I've had enough is the understatement of the year.. I cannot believe I'm still here.. I feel like crying..

I wonder how angelfire9 is today?

xzanti wrote: »
    I give up :mad:

No pains at all since last night.. To say that I've had enough is the understatement of the year.. I cannot believe I'm still here.. I feel like crying..

I wonder how angelfire9 is today?

Ha ha
    I was just wondering how you were!!!!!!!!

I'm still the same
    Going mental at this stage
    Got a contraction at 2am and was all excited but NOTHING since
    I wanna cry :(

• Advertisement

Awe no, your head must be fried :o

Fingers crossed for today then eh?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I feel for ye girls. The waiting sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I can't even imagine what you "due" women are going through. I'm not the most patient at the best of times so I might well advise my husband to move out when i'm huge, tired and uncomfortable!

This is my first post in pregnancy forums but my moan is that every book and website has a version of " congrats you're feeling great now in second trimester, nausea is gone and you're full of energy" erm, no I'm not: I'm exhausted and still full of puke!

Congrats hunnymonster :)

Yes, it is indeed a magical journey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

This is my first post in pregnancy forums but my moan is that every book and website has a version of " congrats you're feeling great now in second trimester, nausea is gone and you're full of energy" erm, no I'm not: I'm exhausted and still full of puke!
    Congrats on your pregnancy - am only a smaill bit ahead of you (13 weeks last Tuesday). The second trimester has been interesting so far (still getting sick, bad heartburn, fainting, extreme fatigue, backache...) but I also know that when you have your child in your arms you will forget it, am having children 14 months apart!

Thanks for the welcomes.

Awe no, your head must be fried :o

Fingers crossed for today then eh?

We should lay bets to see which of us goes first :D

But if you end up being induced that doesn't count cos they won't induce me til after Christmas :(

We should lay bets to see which of us goes first :D

But if you end up being induced that doesn't count cos they won't induce me til after Christmas :(

My money's on you, you're in 'official' labour :D I think I may have gotten a little ahead of myself yesterday.. Not a twinge today :rolleyes: typical!! :o

My money's on you, you're in 'official' labour :D I think I may have gotten a little ahead of myself yesterday.. Not a twinge today :rolleyes: typical!! :o

Yeah.... i've been in "official labour" since Thursday :rolleyes:
    I've the hubby driven demented
    And if one more person in my family (or his) rings or texts to ask "is anything stirring?" i'll lose the plot!

Hubby had the weekend off back to work tomorrow and what's the bets that within an hour of him arriving at work I'll be ringing him to come home :D

Going on the "watched kettle never boils" theory i've him sent off to his mother's this morning mini me is at my mothers so i've the house to myself, the peace & quiet is lovely i don't think i'll be having many quiet mornings to myself in the coming months :rolleyes:

At any rate you are far more overdue than I am
    Today was my official due date
    So it could be either of us really!

And if one more person in my family (or his) rings or texts to ask "is anything stirring?" i'll lose the plot!

God, I hear ya.. and why do they insist on ringing or texting just as you're dozing off for a little nap :mad: grrrrrrrr
    Hubby had the weekend off back to work tomorrow and what's the bets that within an hour of him arriving at work I'll be ringing him to come home :D

At least you've had yours there, my OH is on call and I was on my own all day yesterday and he got called away again this morning, so I'm on my tod.. had planned on heading out to get the baby's Christmas pressies today, was so looking forward to that and now it's not going to happen.. I'm furious :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats hunnymonster, I see you've migrated over from athletics/running forum too! Are you hoping to keep up running during pregnancy? I was so light headed and dizzy and exhausted for first trimester that I had to stop for fear of fainting not to mention that u couldn't even raise my head off the sofa let alone stand up. I was sorry in the end as I had loads of energy for 2nd trimester. I can't wait to start again in march/april.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

While I've had a bit more energy the last couple of weeks (am 17+6), I have a cold at the mo so am feeling a bit wiped. At Christmas drinks last night I didn't know what to make of a comment of "gosh you're doing well tonight, you will be entering the tired phase soon".....erm, surely I am only just out of the tired phase and meant to be blooming!

I have put my books well at truly to the back of the bookcase, am not looking at them anymore, all they do is scare me :o

Congrats hunnymonster, I see you've migrated over from athletics/running forum too! Are you hoping to keep up running during pregnancy? I was so light headed and dizzy and exhausted for first trimester that I had to stop for fear of fainting not to mention that u couldn't even raise my head off the sofa let alone stand up. I was sorry in the end as I had loads of energy for 2nd trimester. I can't wait to start again in march/april.

lol, this baby has already done an ultramarathon, 2 marathons and a couple of half's, 10 miler etc. Poor thing doesn't stand a chance.
    I've low blood pressure all the time so I'm used to dealing with the fainting but when the nausea is really bad, I'm finding it difficult to have enough fuel on board to get out there. My husband (who must be an angel) bought me a treadmill for my birthday so I can just hop on whenever I have managed to eat. Having said that I'm starting to look like an elephant (photo was taken at 15 week in Virginia Beach) while running and I'm running much slower than usual.
    73995-689-015f.jpg

LavaLamp wrote: »
    I have put my books well at truly to the back of the bookcase, am not looking at them anymore, all they do is scare me :o

The more information you have the better, you may think its scary but not knowing whats going on is worse. You could here a term (GTT) and think what the hell is that, yet it is something as simple as a Glucose tolerance test.

The better informed you are about the labour process the better you can handle it and make informed decisions. (I presume its the labour bit you dont like)

I found the books a godsend, read them and re-read them, again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

To be honest it's not the labour bit that scares me, it's all the possible complications and stuff during pregnancy that I don't want to know about. So far I have no fear about giving birth, in fact I am looking forward to it in a strange way - it's going to be the most amazing thing I ever do (after carrying a baby for 9 months of course), and I have complete faith in my body to be able to do it :)

I think I scared myself a bit in the first few weeks reading about missed miscarriages etc. and I just decided I didn't want to know anymore about any possible down sides, I just want to think happy thoughts and all that :o

LavaLamp wrote: »
    I think I scared myself a bit in the first few weeks reading about missed miscarriages etc. and I just decided I didn't want to know anymore about any possible down sides, I just want to think happy thoughts and all that :o

I see can your point there, with my first i bled at 19 and 21 weeks and thought the worst, they just put me on a sex ban and that did the trick and no more bleeding.

Its also good to know that bleeding doesn't always mean a miscarriage, as for other things pre-eclampsia being one its good to know what to look out for, swelling in legs and hands and so on.

Reading the books puts you on alert to look out for troublesome signs,the earlier things are detected the better as many ( but not all) situations can be handled appropriately and end with the delivery of a healthy child, however some may be born early if mother or baby's health is at risk.

Not pushing you into reading the books thats your choice, but i did find them helpful.

Hope your pregnancy is a breeze.

* its good to think happy thoughts.

lol, this baby has already done an ultramarathon, 2 marathons and a couple of half's, 10 miler etc. Poor thing doesn't stand a chance.
    I've low blood pressure all the time so I'm used to dealing with the fainting but when the nausea is really bad, I'm finding it difficult to have enough fuel on board to get out there. My husband (who must be an angel) bought me a treadmill for my birthday so I can just hop on whenever I have managed to eat. Having said that I'm starting to look like an elephant (photo was taken at 15 week in Virginia Beach) while running and I'm running much slower than usual.
    Wow, I'm impressed! I had/have low blood pressure as well and it's a nuisance sometimes as I still get light headed at times.

I had so much energy in 2nd trimester that I had a tendency to overdo it and totally exhaust myself. 3rd trimester (so far) hasn't been as bad as I'd expected. My energy levels are ok but I have to remind myself to rest if I feel tired as I'll crash and burn otherwise with horrendous consequences for my poor husband who then has to cope with a hysterical, irrational pregnant woman.

Today, for example, we cancelled plans to meet family for dinner as its been a hectic week/weekend and I'm sitting on the sofa in my pj's and dressing gown.

Oh my moan for today; I woke up at 3am this morning with the most awful heartburn ever. I never suffer from heartburn or reflux at nighttime. I was trashing around in the bed, eventually got up and took some gaviscon and a glass of milk and after a long while fell back asleep. It was so bad I really didn't know if it was just heartburn or I was going into labour 6 weeks early because my stomach was killing me as well. Absolutely horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

I hope the laides in labour are doing ok... It's very exciting watching them write this past few days. I'm 24 weeks today and CANNOT WAIT to be in their position - having said that, they sound like they are very unconfortable and frustrated..... Maybe i should be grateful i have time to mentally prepare while reading all of the posts!! baby kicking now. Not a moan but it's a great feeling. Lay awake for hours last night just feeling it move around.

Still no change here really
    Occassional contractions but nothing approaching regularity
    So frustrating :(

• Advertisement

angelfire9 and xzanti how frustrating.

Advertisement