Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Still no change here really
    Occassional contractions but nothing approaching regularity
    So frustrating :(

You may think they're just annoying pains but they are doing something. Every one of them is preparing your body for what is to come. It's awful having to wait but enjoy the ability to sleep while you can. I would have given anything for that in my early labour, I had nearly 3 days of contractions between 5 and 10 minutes. So look at it that it could be worse! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am as big now as I was when I gave birth to my little girl and 4 weeks in the difference.
    I am huge which of course I am delighted about as I am not getting bump envy!! but keep forgetting I am suddenly fat and no longer fit through small gaps,ouch!
    Baba bump also managed to bruise me,the next few weeks should bring plenty more!
    We went to visit Santa Claus up at Santas cottage and he gave baba bump a present too,which was lovely:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Aisling born at 8.24am
    Will post info at later date
    Feeling fine babs is tiny 6lb 4oz but perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Congrats with your lil bundle of joy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Huge Congrats.....So happy for you Angelfire :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Whats the bets xzanti will have hers today.

No word from her all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats :D Lovely name and lovely size!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Awe congrats angelfire9... I'm so jealous :D beautiful name :p X

No I'm still here people, still no sign, I've just got my sights set on Wednesday now.. at least I know he/she will definately be coming then :D

xzanti wrote: »
    Awe congrats angelfire9... I'm so jealous :D beautiful name :p X

No I'm still here people, still no sign, I've just got my sights set on Wednesday now.. at least I know he/she will definately be coming then :D

I will be thinking of you while im at the ailwee caves seeing santa with the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

well done angelfire, many congrats on your perfect xmas present!!!!!!!

hope ye are keeping well , big hugs xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

Congrats angelfire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats angelfire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭paraletic

If you dont feel safe in the car, call an ambulance. The motorway is pretty clear, of course there is a risk of black ice and it might snow later, so be prepared to call an ambulance.

....QUOTE]

WHAT????

ambulances can crash too. we don't get special tyres and they aren't 4X4.

leave in loads of time, ask a neighbour with a jeep to drive (if you don't have a 4X4 of your own.
    THEN, if there is a problem ring an ambulance.

(also ambulances are in very limited supply, so if you treat them as a taxi, your leaving your elderly neighbours with no ambulance at all, lets hope they can wait to have a stroke or slip untill the maternitaxi returns)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Felt really sick last night (did a few sick burps), had to run up to bed and get a rest, still really tired. Felt guilty as did not have as much time or energy with our lovely little son. Still thrilled to be pregnant - at 14 weeks now. Have a private gender scan booked for January as I want to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

paraletic wrote: »

If you dont feel safe in the car, call an ambulance. The motorway is pretty clear, of course there is a risk of black ice and it might snow later, so be prepared to call an ambulance.

....QUOTE]

WHAT????

leave in loads of time, ask a neighbour with a jeep to drive (if you don't have a 4X4 of your own.

(also ambulances are in very limited supply, so if you treat them as a taxi, your leaving your elderly neighbours with no ambulance at all, lets hope they can wait to have a stroke or slip untill the maternitaxi returns)

Ambulances aren't 4x4 but they are dirven by experienced drivers with expertise transporting people needing urgent medical care unlike your average aunty/husband/granny/"neighbour with a jeep"! A woman in labour without a way to get to hospital is hardly a sprained wrist and imo should call the ambulance just as much as the elderly person. In a great example of emergency services working together, here in Cork City, the Fire brigade have been using their 4x4's to reach patients and transport them to ambulances who could not get up the various hills. I know at least one woman in labour was helped this way.

Cathy, sorry you had a rough night. I hope you're feeling better today.

....QUOTE]

WHAT????

A woman in labour has every right to call an ambulance. The ambulance has all the medical equipment and the paramedics have medical knowledge to deal with a birth, a taxi does not neither does a neighbour with a 4x4.

My sister in laws midwife called the ambulance (1st baby, home birth) and she was taken to hospital, if she had had a home birth the baby would have died (he was kept in ICU for 2 weeks as he was at deaths door), or is that ok for you all babies to die so the elderly can live?

Show me where it says a woman in labour cant call an ambulance. Also while you at it show me the HSE CODE OF ETHICS as i think your statement is way off and to discourage any woman in labour from calling an ambulance is medical negligence. I would invite you to prove me wrong, if you can fine, if you cant???

AS a paramedic or ambulance driver tell me why did 999 send an Air Ambulance to Cliffs of moher when a woman went into premature labour, I don't need you to answer that BECAUSE IT WAS AN EMERGENCY, by the time the air ambulance got there the 2 babies were born dead, you tell that woman that her babies were not a priority and that a 98 year old that slipped was. I know who i would put up first for job cuts within the hse!

I suppose your going to go onto long term illness and tell me i cant call an ambulance when my daughter is in DKA.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Felt really sick last night (did a few sick burps), had to run up to bed and get a rest, still really tired. Felt guilty as did not have as much time or energy with our lovely little son. Still thrilled to be pregnant - at 14 weeks now. Have a private gender scan booked for January as I want to know...

Congrats on reaching your Second Trimester, Ill be there in two days hopefully too! :D

Winnie wrote: »
    Congrats on reaching your Second Trimester, Ill be there in two days hopefully too! :D
    I said to to myself from 12 weeks on, maybe I am a bit bold! You and I are due almost exactly the same time - I am still thinking that my little one will be born the end of May though as my son was 3 weeks early too. My baby is due in exactly 6 months today (by date) - had a good nice cry about it.

Well I just cant wait until Feb when I go in for my proper 20 week scan and get all the measurements etc and see baby properly.

Well said hunnymonster and grindelwald.. I mean how dare we contemplate wasting an ambulance driver's time with our pesky unborn babies :rolleyes:

Hope you're feeling better today Cathy XX

Can't believe I'm going to be a mammy tomorrow :eek: feels so sureal :D

• Advertisement

Well said hunnymonster and grindelwald.. I mean how dare we contemplate wasting an ambulance driver's time with our pesky unborn babies :rolleyes:

Hope you're feeling better today Cathy XX

When I found out that I was going to be seeing my baby the following day I spent some times getting excited, then I would cry then I would get excited some more - daddy Shane and I went on a quest to get me a particular nappy bag that I wanted - and what did my baby do when we first saw him? Cried! You are going to be having so much fun - having our child has been the most fun and has brought so much joy. Hugs from all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Aisling born at 8.24am
    Will post info at later date
    Feeling fine babs is tiny 6lb 4oz but perfect

Congratulations Angelfire9 - Over the moon for ye

You have a great attitude xzanti - I'm very excited for you

Well worth the wait and the best xmas pressie ever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

xzanti - I am so excited for you.
    There is always someone a few weeks ahead here that you find yourself following their story,last time for me it was AdrienneX as she was due a few weeks before me and this time it is you:)
    Can't wait for you to meet your baby and hope all goes well *huge hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    xzanti - I am so excited for you.
    There is always someone a few weeks ahead here that you find yourself following their story,last time for me it was AdrienneX as she was due a few weeks before me and this time it is you:)
    Can't wait for you to meet your baby and hope all goes well *huge hugs*

And funnily enough xzanti had the same due date I had too! 12/12!

Awe cheers girls :D wish I could roll the clock forward 24 hours :p

I cant imagine the feelings you are having right now Xzanti, by tomorrow you will be a Mammy and your whole life changed forever...........so exciting and frightening at the same time, I wish you all the best I really do......Good luck! x x

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭paraletic

Show me where it says a woman in labour cant call an ambulance. Also while you at it show me the HSE CODE OF ETHICS as i think your statement is way off and to discourage any woman in labour from calling an ambulance is medical negligence. I would invite you to prove me wrong, if you can fine, if you cant???

AS a paramedic or ambulance driver tell me why did 999 send an Air Ambulance to Cliffs of moher when a woman went into premature labour, I don't need you to answer that BECAUSE IT WAS AN EMERGENCY, by the time the air ambulance got there the 2 babies were born dead, you tell that woman that her babies were not a priority and that a 98 year old that slipped was. I know who i would put up first for job cuts within the hse!

I suppose your going to go onto long term illness and tell me i cant call an ambulance when my daughter is in DKA.

whoa. give it a rest.

Everyone is entitled to an ambulance.

I Said leave in lots of time(preferably in a 4x4), and if there is a prblem, THEN call an ambo.

don't get into my code of ethics because you haven't a clue!!! (for info look up phecc.ie)

get of your high horse. why dont you read my post fully instead of picking the bits you don't like.

(i am an experienced paramedic/driver and for you info, we can still crash on ice.)

Everyone is entitled to an ambulance.

(i am an experienced paramedic/driver and for you info, we can still crash on ice.)

Thank you for that!

Just because you are an experienced paramedic does not mean that you have the right to to tell pregnant women that they have to explore every option before they call an ambulance. Do you like making them feel guilty that they have to call ambulance?

'maternitaxi' Is of no help in this thread, pregnant women need support and reassurance not a paramedic claiming to be a taxi service for pregnant women and thinking there is something better to be doing. The health and safety of the newborn is a mothers priority and by the sound of it its not yours.

I know ambulances can crash on ice or at any time, I'm not stupid, but at least if your stuck in snow with a pregnant lady in the back giving birth you can give her and the baby the medical attention they need.

http://www.phecit.ie/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=379
    Quote:

Each PHECC-registered practitioner declares that s/he will :

uphold and maintain a duty of care to patients and public
    seek consent of patients
    maintain high standards of professional accountability
    engage co-operatively with team/colleagues
    maintain confidentiality.

end quote

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

Xzanti how exciting!!

I am getting really worried about this snow. I was so glad it had held off. I shouldn't complain because we live much closer to the hospital than many but I am really not looking forward to the possibility of a midnight drive through all this.

Advertisement