Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Xzanti, wishing you and baby a safe journey tomorrow, Happy Christmas xxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Good luck tomorrow xzanti! I hope Mr. xzanti has strict instructions to come straight back here and let us know all the details :p (only kidding!) enjoy your time with new baba and have a great Christmas xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Xzanti, good luck tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Xzanti you must be full of excitement (and maybe nerves!). Hope you've enjoyed your last day as a non-mammy!
    Best of luck, enjoy every minute of your little one once he/she arrives.

At hosp today for check up and BP was very high, they debated bringing me in to stay but are getting my doc to re-check on Thurs and will see then. Would prefer not to be in over Christmas (obviously if I actually have the baby I wont have a choice!) but time will tell. Wonder what hospital Christmas dinner tastes like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭paraletic

Thank you for that!

Just because you are an experienced paramedic does not mean that you have the right to to tell pregnant women that they have to explore every option before they call an ambulance. Do you like making them feel guilty that they have to call ambulance?

'maternitaxi' Is of no help in this thread, pregnant women need support and reassurance not a paramedic claiming to be a taxi service for pregnant women and thinking there is something better to be doing. The health and safety of the newborn is a mothers priority and by the sound of it its not yours.

I know ambulances can crash on ice or at any time, I'm not stupid, but at least if your stuck in snow with a pregnant lady in the back giving birth you can give her and the baby the medical attention they need.

http://www.phecit.ie/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=379
    Quote:

Each PHECC-registered practitioner declares that s/he will :

uphold and maintain a duty of care to patients and public
    seek consent of patients
    maintain high standards of professional accountability
    engage co-operatively with team/colleagues
    maintain confidentiality.

end quote

what has that got to do with giving common sense advice to people???
    you quote a line from phecc which is 100% IRRELIVENT

give it a rest!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Can we put an end to the off topic stuff please?

This thread is for pregnant women moaning about the "beautiful" experience of pregnancy.

-Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Firstly the very best of luck to those expecting Mothers and big congrats to those who have given birth.

I'm sorry but I must add that paraletic has been given sound advice regarding any impending birth and getting to hospital and the planning involved.
    Please note that any sudden serious change in the medical condition of any pregnant woman warrants immediate medical intervention.
    But many medical and most trauma case's are sudden and unexpected and many require an ambulance urgently. In the current climate it is very difficult to get ambulances to scenes and many cases are left waiting on ambulances for long periods of time.
    If you can avail of other modes of transport to start making your way to the maternity hospital whilst you have the time then do it. Should there be a change in the condition of the woman then that can be dealt with and prioritised when the call is made.

It's worth noting that MPDS (Medical Priority Dispatch System) is used in Ireland and your initial call maybe classified as Alpha or Omega, which is non emergency and will not get an emergency response and your call may be queued for a non specific period of time.

Again, the best of luck to you all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

xzanti - *big higs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

good luck today xzanti

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Feeling very nauseus today - really bad, tempted to see if my husband can get the afternoon off so that I can get some sleep and hopefully feel better. My bloods were not good as I have too much protein and am panicking now that my kidneys are in trouble. I really love my children but I think that I have to accept that these two will be it. Wonder if I can get sterilised afterwards as I can not take the pill.

• Advertisement

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Feeling very nauseus today - really bad, tempted to see if my husband can get the afternoon off so that I can get some sleep and hopefully feel better. My bloods were not good as I have too much protein and am panicking now that my kidneys are in trouble. I really love my children but I think that I have to accept that these two will be it. Wonder if I can get sterilised afterwards as I can not take the pill.

I'd be asking the hospital about that now, if you have to have another section they can do it at the same time.

Hope you feel better hun x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I'd be asking the hospital about that now, if you have to have another section they can do it at the same time.

Hope you feel better hun x
    Thanks, just a bad day...if it were not for my son I would be lost. I do feel that there is a valid reason for getting it done though the hospital I am in is very conservative - I would love more children but I want to be realistic too. I would not want my husband to get it done as if anything happens to me I would like him to be able to have more children.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Hope you feel better soon Cathy......I am almost the opposite, no signs or symptoms so much to the point im wondering if im still pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

oh winnie i hope you are ok. Poor cathy you must be demented. I too have a wee moan today. I did not sleep 3 hours last night. I simply couldn't get comfortable. Too hot/cold, sore back, pillow too high/too low. I cannot figure it out, any one any advice please? It's happening more andmore often :( I've started to grind my teeth again too. I haven't done that since about 16 weeks. :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Still no water...
    Heating is gone too but pretty sure it is jsut cause the external pipes for it froze.
    Nearly packed for christmas,hope the inlaws don't mind my black bag of washing:)
    cold!
    got lovely lunch from the newsagents for all of us as I was too lazy to cook:)

Dearbhail is wishing everyone a happy christmas and yesterday she wished the person on the tele that said happy christmas "and a very happy birthday to you"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

aaw, didn't realise you had a direct line to Jesus :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Stay safe and warm everyone. Hope everyone has a fairly restful and relaxed holiday season. I'm in work until the end of the week, beginning to wish I'd booked some extra days off, but hindsight is always a wonderful thing.

May 79, I totally sympathise with you on the sleeping problem. I'm 27 weeks and for the last month I've had an awful time, just as you described. Can't get comfortable, can't stay comfortable, and then if I do sleep it's cramps, or nightmares. My husband tells me I've been snoring too :(

I'm just hoping that it will end, and focusing on the fact that there are only another 3 pregnant months to go, and then I will be on maternity leave and won't have to get up in the morning and drag myself to work despite not having slept.

Hope everyone gets lots of rest and relaxation over the holidays.

It's only a mini moan but I can't stop belching. I've got absolutely no control over it. Farting (sorry, tmi) is a bit embarrassing too and again I've no control over it. Sometimes I feel like an alien has invaded my body and its not mine anymore.

Didn't even bother getting out of pj's and dressing gown today. I'm snowed in so what's the point! I did have a shower of course because even a belching, farting heavily pregnant woman has got to have some standards!

Looking unlikely that I'll be getting home for Christmas day so may be spending it with the inlaws. On the plus side for my family they will get the first christmas with the babs next year but not sure how MiL will take that news. :o

She's lovely but I reckon she's going to dote on this baby so much that she'll want it every Christmas.

Just saw photos of anglefire9's baby girl, she is beautiful.

Congrats Anglefire9.

Have a good xmas.

*got back from the ailwee caves at 4 and the roads were bad, had a couple of whoopsies in the car, but nothing major (well if there was a car coming the other way it could have been).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

It's only a mini moan but I can't stop belching. I've got absolutely no control over it. Farting (sorry, tmi) is a bit embarrassing too and again I've no control over it. Sometimes I feel like an alien has invaded my body and its not mine anymore.
    oh yeah i hear you! no correlation between the food i eat and the output either.
    The acid is back again boo hoo, so must remember to pack some lillipops for christmas day in the in-laws.
    was reading the getting a seat on the train thread and have not had that problem as i am driving everywhere, my moan is that no-one thinks i am pregnant, they obviously think i am just fat. was at sons pre-school yesterday and one of the managers said she had no idea i was expecting - i am 32 weeks!! and have a good bump.
    I am also experiencing the nerves now, CANNOT believe it is the last 8 wks ALREADY, oh how am i going to even find the energy to find somewhere to put the baby, nevermind dig through all the bags of clothes i have to find the newborn stuff, pack some hospital bags - buy some hospital bags. It seems too much and my 2 are so cranky this week, bored i think. and my mental energy levels are so low, just no desire to do anything. oh well better get back to the house tidying.. oh an the washing machine is frozen in the shed again, so laundry piles are getting to dangerous heights, AGAIN...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

May79 wrote: »
    oh winnie i hope you are ok. Poor cathy you must be demented. I too have a wee moan today. I did not sleep 3 hours last night. I simply couldn't get comfortable. Too hot/cold, sore back, pillow too high/too low. I cannot figure it out, any one any advice please? It's happening more andmore often :( I've started to grind my teeth again too. I haven't done that since about 16 weeks. :confused:

You have probably tried this but, lie on your left side with a pillow between your knees. Sleep in the middle of the bed with your right arm stretched to the left corner of the bed.
    It worksand the bigger you get the better it is!

lynski wrote: »
    oh yeah i hear you! no correlation between the food i eat and the output either.
    The acid is back again boo hoo, so must remember to pack some lillipops for christmas day in the in-laws...
    I find chewing gum pretty good for reflux/heartburn. Apart from gaviscon its the only thing that works. For me it has nothing to do with food. I seem to have perma reflux/heartburn at this stage but thankfully rarely at night time so I still get a good nights sleep.

35 weeks tomorrow. Don't know whether to say aaagghhh or woohoo!

Any news from Xzanti?

We made it to the inlaws,washing is done we have the luxury of running water too:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Any news from Xzanti?

We made it to the inlaws,washing is done we have the luxury of running water too:)

No news but she should have her baby by now, they don't usually let you labour this long with an induction... :)

Moonbeam wrote: »

We lost our water today, we have hot water and water from the mains but the cold water tank is not filling up, so cant use the dishwasher/washing machine/ cold taps/shower and have to fill up buckets to flush toilets. Not happy.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

When are you due grindelwald?

We lost water form the mains so had to fill the attic tank manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

i need a moan..... so being a beautican this is the busiest time of year, normally i do 12/13 hrs a day all xmas week and just run on overdrive, think of the money and smile smile smile!!! managed ok tues and wed, tough but i wasnt too sick so not too bad! but today came and oh my god did i know it, think exhaustion was starting to set in and from i got out of bed first thing i puked non stop, got to work had a 12 hr day ahead of me, started to get delayed from head down the loo a lot and by last app this eve i was behind by 40 mins:eek:
    when i got home hubby was headin to the pub and i just didnt want him to leave me, i could have sat and cried for hours, i dont know why exactly, i think i was annoyed at running late and by the time i got home my water was turned off( council turns it off at night and back on in the morning so saves our water) so i couldnt even have a bath:mad:
    i have just devoured a bag of scots clan and now i feel sick again, my own fault but i just cant believe how un-christmassy i feel, i really am not enjoying being pregs, and then babs gives a kick and im like cop the fcuk on, you are going to be a mummy and it'll be great, just getting there is crappy;)

well now thats a load off my mind, i think i'd be mental if i didnt have you ladies to moan to, thank you all so much:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We lost our water today, we have hot water and water from the mains but the cold water tank is not filling up, so cant use the dishwasher/washing machine/ cold taps/shower and have to fill up buckets to flush toilets. Not happy.......

You have mains in the kitchen ya?

If so try using a hairdryer / blow heater on the pipe in the attic. Might solve your problem.

Hope xzanti is OK and her little parcel is here.

• Advertisement

melsbells wrote: »
    i need a moan..... so being a beautican this is the busiest time of year, normally i do 12/13 hrs a day all xmas week and just run on overdrive, think of the money and smile smile smile!!! managed ok tues and wed, tough but i wasnt too sick so not too bad! but today came and oh my god did i know it, think exhaustion was starting to set in and from i got out of bed first thing i puked non stop, got to work had a 12 hr day ahead of me, started to get delayed from head down the loo a lot and by last app this eve i was behind by 40 mins:eek:
    when i got home hubby was headin to the pub and i just didnt want him to leave me, i could have sat and cried for hours, i dont know why exactly, i think i was annoyed at running late and by the time i got home my water was turned off( council turns it off at night and back on in the morning so saves our water) so i couldnt even have a bath:mad:
    i have just devoured a bag of scots clan and now i feel sick again, my own fault but i just cant believe how un-christmassy i feel, i really am not enjoying being pregs, and then babs gives a kick and im like cop the fcuk on, you are going to be a mummy and it'll be great, just getting there is crappy;)

well now thats a load off my mind, i think i'd be mental if i didnt have you ladies to moan to, thank you all so much:D

The moan thread got me through my second pregnancy :p Unfortunately it wasn't around for number 1!!

Advertisement