Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

melsbells wrote: »
    i need a moan..... so being a beautican this is the busiest time of year, normally i do 12/13 hrs a day all xmas week and just run on overdrive, think of the money and smile smile smile!!! managed ok tues and wed, tough but i wasnt too sick so not too bad! but today came and oh my god did i know it, think exhaustion was starting to set in and from i got out of bed first thing i puked non stop, got to work had a 12 hr day ahead of me, started to get delayed from head down the loo a lot and by last app this eve i was behind by 40 mins:eek:
    Poor you. Mel not sure how far along you are, but the lillipops are my life saver, you should try your pharmacy, also i found purdeys drinks great for energy in the first few weeks.
    good luck tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Aw Mels, so sorry to hear you had such a rough day. *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Squiggler wrote: »
    May 79, I totally sympathise with you on the sleeping problem. I'm 27 weeks and for the last month I've had an awful time, just as you described. Can't get comfortable, can't stay comfortable, and then if I do sleep it's cramps, or nightmares. My husband tells me I've been snoring too :(

I'm just hoping that it will end, and focusing on the fact that there are only another 3 pregnant months to go, and then I will be on maternity leave and won't have to get up in the morning and drag myself to work despite not having slept.
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You have probably tried this but, lie on your left side with a pillow between your knees. Sleep in the middle of the bed with your right arm stretched to the left corner of the bed.
    It worksand the bigger you get the better it is!

Hello girls. Thanks for the replies. I have tried the lying to one side thing but then i keep swapping sides and moving around like a whale. I'll have to train myself to sleep in that position for the next 3-4 months. It's such a pain. 3 nights on the trot with little or no sleep. Roll on the christmas break where we can doze off in the middle of the day if we need to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Hello Girls!
    Sorry it has taken me so long to post since Monday but I haven't been too well
    :(
    Babs arrived Monday and thought all was well but ended up haemorrhaging so it has been a long and tiring week

On the plus side Aisling is fab I think I'm in love all over again :D
    She is a very quiet placid tiny little thing and its great to have had the few days to recover for today
    Labour wasn't too bad
    I was 10cm when I arrived at the hospital and honestly I didn't think I'd be that far gone :eek:
    We left Ennis at 4.30am on Monday got to Maternity a little after 5am and she was here at 8.24

Gas & Pethedine only yet again but she is worth it and pain wise it was far easier than Katie
    Its a pity that things went down hill afterwards but that's life
    Gave the hubby & the hospital quite a scare but then again I don't believe in doing things by halves :rolleyes:

Came home Wednesday and have been confined to bed since (by the hubby) thankfully I have facebook on the phone so I was keeping myself occupied :)

Honestly hand on heart every time I even look at her my heart melts she is so worth every second of pain

BUT
    This is definitely the last one!

Happy Christmas to all of ye
    Hope all went well for Xzanti

Angelfire

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Soo tired:(
    The sleeplessness has set it due to being huge,away from home,peeing every time I am woken.
    I love sleep!!

On the brightside my nearly 2 year old toddler is delighted with what Santy brought and knew exactly where the rpesents came from and was in slight shock!

Role on 2 lovely toddlers fro christmas next year:))

In the in laws house and have not lifted a finger to help with anything super clumsy too.

Ah well!

Happy Christmas mammies and bumps,this time next year will be twice as amazing xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Congrats Angelfire, that must have been a scary week for you and OH though. Hope you are on the mend now.

Sleep is definitely my main issue at the moment, it's become normal for me to be up for around two hours at four or five o clock......who knew they made so many "a place in the sun" and showed them all night!

In half an hour will be officialy overdue, don't have amy real symptoms of labour so find it hard to believe it could start at any time. Would love a crystal ball so I'd know when things will happen! At least I didn't have to have my Christmas dinner in hospital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Lack of batrhrooms was a problem this Christmas - we had a guest but getting up in the middle of the night was frowned upon and when I need to go I need to go - could not spend any real time talking to my daddy either. This morning I stupidly slept in not realiising that she spends an hour in the bathroom in the morning - husband said that it was my fault for not getting up earlier. Did not enjoy Christmas - she was also going on about me needing to get a lot more exercise in, that I was fat and that fatigue is imaginary - this woman is a doctor so we have no hope. I offered to give her a dress that I thought would suit her better than it suits me - she said that it was too short - well it was just above her knees and a lot longer than the dress that she was wearing the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

thanks for the good wishes ladies!
    hope everyone had a good xmas!

angel, hope your feeling better, must have been so scary but your little woman is here, delighted for you!!!!

cathy im with you,xmas was not enjoyable for me either, mainly due to my all day sickness making a return,hubby mad for us to go to the pub, think he's afraid im going to get depressed sitting in, got enough lotions and potions to put boots to shame but had no water for a bath to try them all out! and on top of all that i wrote my car off last night:( thank god im ok and so is babs, missed hitting another car by a split second and there was help on the scene straight away, but hormones acting up today, am so sad my car is gone, i know it can be replaced and things could have been so awful but my hubby bought it for me when i got pregs, cant stop crying all day, damn you hormones;)

oh mel you poor thing! be gentle with yourself, you are prob in shock. i learned to drive while pg with dd 2 yrs ago and on my first day out on my own (i know i know i should not have been on my own) i got a flat tyre, got lost on backroads, stalled the car in the middle of a busy main st. and hit a lamppost while being pushed out of traffic. it was 1pm before i got to work and they were not amused.
    I the worst braxton hicks today, bump rock hard and uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I took my test 5 days after my last fella was born, it was 2 days after i left the hospital, I failed, but i passed 3 months later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

@ CathyMoran, I can't believe your guest was so inconsiderate - I probably would have had to be physically restrained.

@ Melsbells, I know what you mean about hormones I sent my husband a nasty text because I was mad at him for running up a huge phone bill. As soon as I sent it I bust out crying for being so mean :rolleyes: - he was only taking to his Dad. The crash must have been a big shock, the main think is you and your babs are ok.

I was going to moan that I was cold and the heating broken but the husband just went into the attic and restarted the pilot light and it is getting warm again.

honestly i do not think this baby has stopped moving for the past 24hrs, there are so many braxton hicks, bump is rock solid and so uncomfortable.
    4yr old keeps saying 'little baby stopping kicking mommy' 'daddy my little brother is being naughty, he is hitting mommy'
    well only 8 wks to go ;-)

lynski wrote: »
    4yr old keeps saying 'little baby stopping kicking mommy' 'daddy my little brother is being naughty, he is hitting mommy'

So cute :)

Cathymoran I dont know how you held your tongue with all that going on!

I'm still waiting patiently, I've never even had Braxton Hicks so am wondering whether this baby even knows how to come out. Had to go back to hosp yesterday to get bp chekced because it was very high last week, and it was fine, so they just sent me home to wait some more. For some reason I'm convinced it'll start at night so every morning when I wake up I'm disgusted that nothing happened during the night! Think DH is actually more fed up waiting than I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kco2010

Hi All, new to the thread. 5 weeks pregnant and hoping this one will stick after m/c earlier this year. Had a formal introduction to hot flushes last night and cramps. Lovely! Please god this doesnt last. Didnt get a wink of sleep! May need to make room for myself in the fridge if this continues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

35w 5d today and feeling very anxious about how big my bump is, how much bigger it will get, labour, pain, delivery and having a wee baby to look after.

Is this normal? I alternate from excitement to anxiety within minutes.

Everyone tells me I look great, I'm blooming etc but when people comment on my size and that it's all baby bump I get very worried about getting the wee thing out.

I know it's silly and I'm so lucky to be still so healthy at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

35w 5d today and feeling very anxious about how big my bump is, how much bigger it will get, labour, pain, delivery and having a wee baby to look after.

Everyone tells me I look great, I'm blooming etc but when people comment on my size and that it's all baby bump I get very worried about getting the wee thing out.

Completely normal, I'm in exactly the same position. I'm 37+3 and having a section at 38+5 (Friday next week). Some days I just want him to be out and to meet my little boy and other days the thought of this person being dependent on me scares the death out of me.

I've been really lucky and been sleeping, eating and exercising fine up until now. I have the opposite bump issue, people keep telling me it's tiny - it's not, it's exactly the right size but I'm very tall so it looks smaller.

Good luck over the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*hugs*

It is perfectly normal!
    The size of your bump normally has little reflection on the size of your baby.
    I am huge this time!!
    Well huge for me,I was so neat on my little girl that I got bump envy of big bumps!! she was 7lb 4 @ 38 weeks so wasn't that small.
    I am beginning to dread labour but want baby here soon well after January 1st as that is my babys 2nd birthday. Labour was painful last time but went well thus why I am dreading it this time.

Very normal, i am the same and it is my third! I am not afraid of labor and birth tho as i used gentle birthing last time and am on course again, i hope.
    My 2 are excited about getting a little bro, but i am sure I have a few tough months/years ahead.

Thanks! I suppose the reality of it all is hitting me now. I'm finishing in work today. I was saying to himself last night that when you first decide to try getting pregnant somehow (for me anyway) it all seems a bit airy fairy; even early pregnancy seems unreal but then suddenly you're 4 weeks away from d-day.

I'm going to start the gentle birthing cds next week to relax myself.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to meet my little one but the enormity of the changes he/she will bring just overwhelm me at times. But they're all good changes so I have to concentrate on the positives.

Oh moan, moan, moan. My back is killing me. It doesn't matter if I lie down or sit up I just can't get comfortable. It was so bad this evening I was short tempered and could barely catch my breath. I'm winded because of how the little one is positioned and it's kicking the life out of me from every end.

I was supposed to go to a friends for dinner with my oh but had to cancel.

Suffice to say I'm feeling sorry for myself. Just so so glad I'm finished up work now. Sitting at a desk seems to be the worst position for my back.

• Advertisement

Oh moan, moan, moan. My back is killing me. It doesn't matter if I lie down or sit up I just can't get comfortable.
    I am nearly in tears here, pain from one spot in top of left hip down left leg, so bad, and such a bad night. finished off with a cramp in other leg first thing.
    Aragggghjhhhhh
    Only relief I got was listening to my gentle birth tracks from 6am to 7am before the two darlings arose. slept for the duration. would have kicked oh out when the little darlings got up, but there was no point, sleep is nearly impossible, lying down as painful as any other position.
    AH moan over, hopefully a walk today will help

You win lynski! I can't imagine feeling like sh1t and having another lo to look after. I actually managed to have a good nights sleep last night and will venture no further than the sofa for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

lynski wrote: »
    I am nearly in tears here, pain from one spot in top of left hip down left leg, so bad, and such a bad night.Aragggghjhhhhh

Sounds like sciatica, not very nice, makes it hard to walk as well. If you can push the bump over a bit it might give you a bit of relief.

Baby is probably lying on the sciatic nerve. I mentioned it to the doctor before but he didnt really take any notice of it. Just another pregnancy complaint.

Ive had it since i was 15, i had it from week 8 with the 3rd guy, week 18 with the 2nd and week 30 with the 1st. I get it on both sides at the same time, it also shifts from one side to another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I am only 4 weeks. My boobs have become a little less sore than last week. But I am feeling a little crampy. Like pre-period cramps, but not as sore and only lasting a few seconds at a time. Please tell me this is normal:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Jinxi, I had those cramps too. I only found out at 6 weeks that I was pregnant. Spent the couple of weeks before that convinced that my period was going to start any day because I felt premenstrual crampy. It goes away.

Congratulations, you've got interesting times ahead of you :)

Jinxi wrote: »
    I am only 4 weeks. My boobs have become a little less sore than last week. But I am feeling a little crampy. Like pre-period cramps, but not as sore and only lasting a few seconds at a time. Please tell me this is normal:(

Jinxi I think these cramps are caused by your uterus getting bigger. My doctor told me that your body is working overtime in first 12 weeks to get ready for growing the baby.

You win lynski! I can't imagine feeling like sh1t and having another lo to look after. I actually managed to have a good nights sleep last night and will venture no further than the sofa for the day.
    Now i feel bad, dh was here all day so i got to take some naps and rest and a friend called over and ds had someone to play with for a few hrs so not too bad. kitchen is a horrible state tho, no house work done for 2 days.
    anyway, glass of cava in my near future so no real worries.

I'm going to post my final moan here! I'm a tresspasser now because my lovely daughter was born in the early hours of the 30th. Will stick some details on preg thread but my last moan is the noise of the snoring woman in the bed beside me. Give me a crying baby anyday. I've actually never heard anything like it, the whole hospital can hear it I'd say! In fairness I think she has a bad cold but still...,,,

Anyway, no more pregnancy moans from me. Very best of luck everyone :)

congrats sillysocks.
    Came on to moan about more pain, but when you think about it it will be worth it in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Big congrats Sillysocks!

Advertisement