Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats Sillysocks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

sillysocks wrote: »
    I'm going to post my final moan here! I'm a tresspasser now because my lovely daughter was born in the early hours of the 30th. Will stick some details on preg thread but my last moan is the noise of the snoring woman in the bed beside me. Give me a crying baby anyday. I've actually never heard anything like it, the whole hospital can hear it I'd say! In fairness I think she has a bad cold but still...,,,

Anyway, no more pregnancy moans from me. Very best of luck everyone :)

My cousin had a 5lb baby boy around the same time, congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

I am in the worse fowler EVER! First day back at work traveling on bus this morning and was sitting down back of bus could see a disable woman get on and NO ONE got up to give her a seat!! This woman had no hands and was trying to hold onto railings I gave her my seat obviously but is this really the kind of world were bringing our children into?! :mad:

Ugh rant over, back is killing me but Im glad I stood up,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

That is absolutely disgraceful. Over the weekend I experienced the same thing. An elderly couple, clearly unsteady on their feet, got on the LUAS and my husband and I were the only ones to offer them seats. I feel very sorry for all of these people whose parents didn't teach them how to behave.

I guess it should just make all of us more determined to make sure that our little ones are brought up to show consideration and concern for others, and to keep their voices down. I find it incredible how young people, particuarly young lads, seem to think that the entire bus/LUAS/train etc wants to hear every word of their inane conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

I do find it alot worse on the Dart and the Luas, its just a sad thing when a pregnant woman is the only one willing to give up their seat if it happens again I sure will be making a show of everyone still sitting down!

I just cant understand why someone would be brought up with no manners? They are free afterall, if anything they give you back a sense of pride and respect in yourself.

It really is just disgusting (and just plain sad) to see people turn their heads when someone more needy gets on....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Two moans. I got woken in the middle of the night by a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. They have been happening on and off for days. No spotting though.
    And despite eating little and often I just threw up out of the blue. There was only about twenty seconds of warning. I teach for a living, and my usual classroom is v far from the toilets. How am I going to keep this under wraps from my students(its adults, and the course is all about childcare. They will very quickly make the link!)

Jinxi, I think the lower abdomen pains are quite normal. I remember getting them at night especially if I turned over on my side.

For the vomiting, I've seen posters sing the praises of lillipops for morning sickness. I found snacking on bland things like crackers helped a bit although I had a few bouts of nausea but never actually vomited. I did make a few quick dashes to the toilet though.

Jinxi, I had similar pains to the ones you describe during the first couple of months. Anyone I asked (midwife, Mum, sister etc) said that they're normal.

I'm only back at work two days and already exhausted. I just can't sleep properly. Get to sleep ok, then wake a few hours later, awake for an hour or more, then maybe doze off again and the cycle repeats. Over the break I was getting enough sleep by spending 12-15 hours in bed each day. Short of going to bed as soon as I get home in the evening I can't figure out how to make that work with a 7.30 wake up call :rolleyes:

On top of that squashed bladder and stomach are both protesting almost constantly and Bun seems to have taken up slow-motion-tapdancing. Three days of it now, I wish he/she would at least pick a different spot to kick because it's getting pretty sore.

Only 11 weeks to go, or thereabouts, and at least the days are getting longer.

Oh Squiggler, I hear you. Constant
    heartburn and reflux. It's even affecting
    me at night now. I've a bird like appetite now and feel absolutely awful
    if I eat too much. I'm eating 4 or 5 meals now rather than 3 main ones.

Full on break dancing in my tummy now. I can't get
    comfortable but sitting in a chair is the
    worst. I'm permanently lying down but propped up with pillows. I often get beached on the sofa and can't get up.

Back pain is constant as is constipation.

3w 2d to go and I really can't wait. I just hope little bubs won't be too overdue.

How Strange, that sounds awful. I don't feel so badly off now. At least you're in the home stretch though. Hopefully things will ease off a little for you.

It is a pity that there is no way to make each and every person experience at least one pregnant day at some point, maybe in their late teens, just so the girls would know what to expect and the guys could learn to be a bit more understanding.

• Advertisement

Yep, experiencing the constant discomfort of the last trimester would be the best contraception ever.

I'm very lucky because I was able to finish up in work early. I don't know how women manage working up to 38 weeks. I was crippled with back
    pain after working 2 days last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Yep, experiencing the constant discomfort of the last trimester would be the best contraception ever.

I'm very lucky because I was able to finish up in work early. I don't know how women manage working up to 38 weeks. I was crippled with back
    pain after working 2 days last week.
    From experince - you forget it very fast...looking after my 9 month old and myself (16 weeks) is a lot tougher than I imagined. Going into work in the 3rd trimester is going to be a break (he is going into a creche). Having a lot of kicking with this one (like their big brother) which is great. I am incredibly tired. Also have bad back ache, weak spells, nausea...I do love my children and would not be without them. Am getting a gender determination scan soon, looking forward to finding out.

I don't know how women manage working up to 38 weeks.

Shhhh, now I'm beginning to panic! That's my current plan, which means 9 more weeks in work :( I'm trying my own mind over matter experiment, telling myself that I'm not pregnant. 9 non-pregnant weeks will be a doddle! :D

CathyMoran, so glad to hear that you've a nice active little one, even if it is exhausting I find it very reassuring and I'm sure you do too.

Cathy i've been getting ante natal deep tissue back massage since 22 weeks and it's just fantastic. I don't know how I would've coped without it. I missed a few weeks because of the snow and I can feel the difference.

I'm starting a combo of reflexology and massage starting next week until the babs arrives.

Squiggler like everything it really is mind over matter. If I had to do then I'd have just got on with it but finishing early was an option for me.

Our gas is having problems...a guy was supposed to call over but ring first as I will not answer the door otherwise...he rang the door several times then eventually used his phone. He said that he was at the front door, he was at the back then gave out to me for taking longer...it did not go well. I said that I do not answer the door when I am alone (well with myh son and bump) unless they make prior arrangements. He asked me about the thermostat, he said well, where is the thermostat for upstairs. I said that that was the one for the house and then he accused me of being stupid. He was a misoginistic bleep bleep. I asked him to leave the house, he blamed it on my hormones...grr

Omg, that's terrible Cathy. Is he self employed or working for a company? If he's an employee I'd make a complaint. Clearly the recession isn't biting him hard enough on the ass if he still has that kind of attitude.

My oh said the same to me about answering the door during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Are you feeling kicks already at 16 weeks Cathy??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

He lost business anyway.

Think I am coming close to the end,doctor scanned my yesterday was so nice to see baby and the little heartbeat and face.
    Dearbhail was not too big a fan but has told me that she will help with baby,she is so cute and will be so put out at the start.
    I am a bit upset by the swine flu stuff and that she won't be able to visit me so hopefully only have to stay in for 1 night and everything will be fine. I can't beleive she is 2 already,time really does fly!

Omg, that's terrible Cathy. Is he self employed or working for a company? If he's an employee I'd make a complaint. Clearly the recession isn't biting him hard enough on the ass if he still has that kind of attitude.

My oh said the same to me about answering the door during the day.
    He is self employed...am suprised he has managed so long in his job.
    Winnie wrote: »
    Are you feeling kicks already at 16 weeks Cathy??
    It really does depend on the pregnancy but yes, at least I know from my son baby Shane.
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    He lost business anyway.

Think I am coming close to the end,doctor scanned my yesterday was so nice to see baby and the little heartbeat and face.
    Dearbhail was not too big a fan but has told me that she will help with baby,she is so cute and will be so put out at the start.
    I am a bit upset by the swine flu stuff and that she won't be able to visit me so hopefully only have to stay in for 1 night and everything will be fine. I can't beleive she is 2 already,time really does fly!
    I am dreading being apart from baby Shane as well, it will be our longest time apart since he was born. You are on the final while now...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

tired so tired:(
    If I get woken it is taking me hours ot get back to sleep despite being wrecked!!
    Hoping baba hurrys up but enjoying the time with my little girl too.

mmm sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

nesting nesting nesting!! the only prob is between sickness, tiredness, being busy, sickness, tiredness, back pain, tiredness the house is in absolute chaos and is so dusty and disorganised I will prob do myself an injury trying to get it sorted.
    At least my stuff is in the hospital bags, moses basket unpacked and set-up - just to wash the frilly bits, only have to find, sort, wash and pack away again all the newborn clothes I have somewhere! ds2 will be dressed in a snowsuit if he decides to arrive early as it is the only newborn thing i can find right now ;-)
    oh for the money for a cleaner for a full day !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

i need a moan.

i think i hate my husband:mad:. he is in a state of mourning as his best friend is gone abroad for 6 months to work. i know he's lost without him but he's not bloody dead(god forgive me) he'll be back, and prob happier as he will have had a great time. what rattles me most tho is how hubby now announces his life is boring and he's fed up, even tho he has no interest in following his friends steps, he's just bored. isnt it great he has bloody time to be bored. TRY BEING PREGNANT. where simple tasks like doing laundry drains every sap of energy out of you, he can feck off and have a pint when he's down, i can have toast, my only diet requirement these days as the stupid sickness is back.
    i cant have it out with him because of my hormones i cry every time i start, i think at this stage i'll end up stabbing him some of these days, i swear im losing the plot:D

yeah melsbells they just don't get it; I suppose because they can't feel it and they don't feel their mobility, energy etc drain away week by week. Sometimes I have to point out to himself that I'm pregnant so can't physically do x, y
    or z. For me the worst is when we go to someones house for dinner and before we go I ask him to make a move to leave at 11 and he's still there guzzling the wine at 1am. Then I look like a complete nag if I say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Hi all - Hope ye are all keeping ok. My moan is i've got pains :( My pelvic area is quite sore, to teh point that i limp sometimes. I feel one side worse than the other. Also my back is very painful/strained at times. It's a real bummer it's happening already because i'm only 27 weeks!!!

may79 i had that around the same time but it went , rest seemed to work for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Only 6 weeks and watching himself get drunk and be REALLY irritating has already worn a bit thin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Oh Jinxi, I totally feel your pain. I'm 22weeks and I have been avoiding going out because of the jealousy . I know I'm going to get something amazing out of it all but watching him light up a cig and then take a sip of heinken is enough to make me want to tear his eyes out!

Irrational? Yes. Justified? Oh yes! :) Bless him, he hasn't changed anything since we found out but sometimes his presence is enough to make me go mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

lynski wrote: »
    may79 i had that around the same time but it went , rest seemed to work for me

Thanks for that lynski - I will have to try it - it's unreal how painful it can be, I really didn't expect that!

• Advertisement

May79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that lynski - I will have to try it - it's unreal how painful it can be, I really didn't expect that!

should have said heat too! lots of heat packs. for spd seems to be the only way. I have had back pain like sciatica too, nothing but walking seems to ease that.

Advertisement