Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My daughter is still making me want to get sick, she is also at the stage of giving me bad fainting like I had with her big brother, she is hurting my back, making me tired and kicking me a lot (which I love)...having said all this, I love her and am trying to everything I can for her, even down to eating foods that I do not like but think are good for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

moan for today, no internet. damn vo*****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Had a really bad night's sleep last night, woke up every 2 hours either with leg cramps, needing to pee, heartburn or baby kicking me. That was bad enough but to top it all I ended up having to stand on the LUAS to work, with people leaning against me. Now my hips/legs and back are killing me. Today I don't like people :(

Hope the rest of you are doing better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Ha ha, I was the same as you last night....was awake every 2 hours!!
    Generally just needing to pee! Have been lucky and havent suffered with leg cramps or heartburn....yet!!!
    Luckily am managing to sleep through babies playing the drums on all of my internal organs! I think they must take it in turns as there doesnt seem to be any time of the night or day when one of them isnt wriggling around!!!

My husband needs to go to A&E as he has kidney infection/stones and is on warferin but I am a type 1 diabetic with other health issues and we have a wonderful 10 month old son who I can not look after by myself at night...I tend to go hypo at night so need my husband there...stressed out as we do not know what to do. Was supposed to be in the clinic in the morning but do not know if that is possible. Trying to stay calm for my son and unborn daughter. Have no family help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Newmammy, I can't imagine what it would be like to have two little wrigglers in there instead of just the one!

Our midwife just left after our routine visit, 33 weeks completed today and all is well. Didn't get a seat on the LUAS home either so was feeling pretty stressed and miserable, but hubby and midwife managed to cheer me almost immediately.

Cathy, so sorry to hear that you're having another tough time of it. Thoughts and prayers with you, hubby and the children.

Squiggler wrote: »
    Newmammy, I can't imagine what it would be like to have two little wrigglers in there instead of just the one!

Our midwife just left after our routine visit, 33 weeks completed today and all is well. Didn't get a seat on the LUAS home either so was feeling pretty stressed and miserable, but hubby and midwife managed to cheer me almost immediately.

Cathy, so sorry to hear that you're having another tough time of it. Thoughts and prayers with you, hubby and the children.
    Thanks, trying to relax for our children - at least she is actively kicking me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Congrats Cathy on getting to your halfway point in the pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

So teary today and yesterday! Can't stop crying, and even though I know it's probably just my hormones wreaking havoc, I still feel so awful. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm only 7 weeks but i can't stop eating raw peppers..i'm starting to get funny looks cos we haven't told anyone yet :D funny.. and i can sleep for ireland at the moment too...

• Advertisement

Hubby is still in hospital - have sister in laws over but one in particular is getting me very distressed - hope that I never have any dealings with her again afterwards. I have nver met such a cold, uncaring and insensitive person in my life. In severe pain and she does not care, she just wants me to do as much stuff as possible around the house. Have the alarm on every hour at night as husband normally can tell if I am fitting with low blood sugars with my type 1 diabetes (could die if untreated). Extremely stressed, tired and in extreme pain...not happy. Also very worried about husband.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Hubby is still in hospital - have sister in laws over but one in particular is getting me very distressed - hope that I never have any dealings with her again afterwards. I have nver met such a cold, uncaring and insensitive person in my life. In severe pain and she does not care, she just wants me to do as much stuff as possible around the house. Have the alarm on every hour at night as husband normally can tell if I am fitting with low blood sugars with my type 1 diabetes (could die if untreated). Extremely stressed, tired and in extreme pain...not happy. Also very worried about husband.

That wagon doesn't deserve you guys. Hopefully Shane will be home soon and there will be a change in your lives that will mean that you will definitely not need to be relying on her anymore. I'd love to tell you that the next time she asks/tells you to do something just tell her no, but I know you find it hard.
    xx

Thanks million - other stuff as well, sorry...

Also, our wonderful son is teethng again.

Also - is coming up to the 4 year anniversary of my oesophagectomy - I have a policy of not getting upset about the thing except the time around the anniveresary of this and the fact that if I get to 5 years all clear I will be in remission. I want to be around long term for my family - I love them.

Am worrid that my extreme stress levels are badly hurting our daugher - I love my children and am trying to stay calm but it is hard with everything going on. Have lost a few pounds in weigth since last Friday...

Oh, saw one of the women that my husband dated around the same time as me when we started going out, have not seen her in years - she was skinny and I look fat at the moment (do not really look pregnant). I feel gullty for feeling this way, especially as I have the most wonderful husband in the world but I just would have liked to at least look pregnant when she probably saw me (also if she sees my husband).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The stress won't hurt her, don't worry, she's a strong little one.

You should have started rubbing your belly when you saw that other woman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Stress won't hurt your daughter Aoife hun, just yourself, babies are nice and snug in the womb and just love hearing mummies heart beating and the movements comfort them.

If you need anything at all, PM me, I can get Dave to drop me over to yours if you need help, we're not too far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Cathy i feel for you. Thats a really kind offer from January i would take her up on it. I would offer to help out too if i lived near you.

Im helping out a neighbour of mine at eh moment she is 20 weeks pregnant and her 2 year old is back in hospital with cf (she was diagnosed just before xmas) the little one was supposed to be let out today but she has an infection where her IV line went in and is in a lot of pain. I took her eldest to school today (we had car trouble so she was late, cars at the garage now, fingers crossed its only a dead battery)

Hope Shane gets better soon. Dont mind your sister in law, look after your self, baby Shane and bump and get January to pop over even if it is for a cup of tea and a chat.

Take care xoxox

Can you not drink a can of coke before going to bed to lower the risk of a hypo (at least while hubby is away) you need your sleep.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

CathyMoran wrote: »
    oh Cathy only reading this now:(
    Want me to come over and help out?
    *hugs*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Also,you could not look fat even if you tried!!:)

It is reaching a head at the moment. Evil sister in law is not with me at the moment but still managed to give out to me for having a laugh with my husband (I stupidly told her), we are not supposed to have fun, this is all so that daddy Shane has sleep. Yes, while she was minding our son I visited my husband in hospital and yes, I did laugh with him as that is the way we get through all the stuff that life seems to enjoy throwing at us (I do not go to mass every day like her), hospital is not nice and having us both less stressed is better for all of us. She does not understand chronic fatigue, or that I might miss my husband even though I am torn between him and my son. I do love our son - he gets lots of hugs, I say no to him (though it upsets me) if he is trying to to do something dangerous to himself. I keep him safe, read to him, play with him. I do not have the energy for housework.

Am still worried what this might be doing to our daughter.

In terms of my parents - my father's response was that we should not have tried for our daugher (was a decision from both of us) and that life is hard. This is from the man who ignored the abuse that his wife inflicted on her daughter for years even though she was also abusing him. He is the very one that expects me now to give up everything and help with my mother now...I may be horrible but I can not help with someone who abused me all my life. I stay in contact with her reluctantly so that I can have contact with my father. I am not like my mother.

Daddy Shane is out tomorrow and will be taking things easy, thankfully it is something that can be treated. He is not going back to work until he feels better.

I am bejond tired but looking forward to having my wonderful teddy bear back tomorrow. One thing I have decided though is that if we are lucky enough to have our daugher that she will complete our little family.

Our son did something wonderful last night - he sat up in his cot looking from a hug from mummy and daddy - children are wonderful and I love being a mother. The happiest time in my life has been since he was born (I should state that seeing my husband play with and be a wonderful father has been some of those times). Our son is a giggle monster - I wonder what our daugher will be like, I hope that she is also like her daddy.

Thanks for all the nice comments and letting me rant for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

And we're all here for you four too! I meant that about helping out, even when Shane is out of hospital. Just let me know and I'll come over and help out, anyway you want.

Might be a bit hopeful that you can make it to the meet up on Saturday but we'll keep out fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Betsy18

Hi Ladies,

I'm a newbie and need a bit of a moan! i'm 10 wks today and have been feeling really unwell this week. woke up monday nite with severe tummy cramps ran to the loo and had diarrhoea and needed to vomit but could not. felt really weak, so got back into bed and rolled round for a bit until i eventually fell asleep! felt awful yesterday have alot of tenderness round my tummy which also feels like ive been punched all over it! went to the docs and had to do a urine sample, said there was trace of blood so may indicate an infection but i wont know until tomorrow. it was a locum doc and tbh she did not have a clue of any questions i asked her so i left feeling like i had a wasted visit! slept well last nite but woke at 9am with awful pain from my left buttock into my knee, its been travelling up and down my leg all day now and is quite painful! my tummy is really tender again today, should it still be this tender??

I'm starting to get really worried now that something may be wrong! this is my first pregnancy so im not familiar with the symptoms i should be feeling!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Betsy18 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

I'm a newbie and need a bit of a moan! i'm 10 wks today and have been feeling really unwell this week. woke up monday nite with severe tummy cramps ran to the loo and had diarrhoea and needed to vomit but could not. felt really weak, so got back into bed and rolled round for a bit until i eventually fell asleep! felt awful yesterday have alot of tenderness round my tummy which also feels like ive been punched all over it! went to the docs and had to do a urine sample, said there was trace of blood so may indicate an infection but i wont know until tomorrow. it was a locum doc and tbh she did not have a clue of any questions i asked her so i left feeling like i had a wasted visit! slept well last nite but woke at 9am with awful pain from my left buttock into my knee, its been travelling up and down my leg all day now and is quite painful! my tummy is really tender again today, should it still be this tender??

I'm starting to get really worried now that something may be wrong! this is my first pregnancy so im not familiar with the symptoms i should be feeling!!!

Hi there - What did your doctor say? I didn't have any infections but i did feel quite a lot of pains in my tummy at times and i put it down to the baby growing and everything expanding to accomodate. I have 8 weeks left and i don't think the pains are as bad as they were in the first trimester. Unless i just got used to it all. I hope you are ok x.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Had been doing well and had gotten to 29 weeks(less a day) without posting in this thread ....but my god am i soooo tired today!!!
    Dont think I have slept in anything more than 1 hour blocks for the last week! Cant get comfortable at all! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Betsy18

May79 wrote: »
    Hi there - What did your doctor say? I didn't have any infections but i did feel quite a lot of pains in my tummy at times and i put it down to the baby growing and everything expanding to accomodate. I have 8 weeks left and i don't think the pains are as bad as they were in the first trimester. Unless i just got used to it all. I hope you are ok x.

Hi! I'm feeling a little better still have the tummy pain but i was speaking to a friend at the weekend and she is on her 1st pregnancy and had the same pains so it has put my mind a little more at rest. the doctor never rang me back with the results of my tests i left messages for her but havent heard anything back. i'm thinking that there must not have been an infection or she would have contacted me but eitherway i will not be attending her again.

You havent too long left now, i hope you are doing ok and you are getting plenty of rest! we told our families at the weekend, everyone is so happy for us, looking forward to getting past the 12 weeks now!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Had been doing well and had gotten to 29 weeks(less a day) without posting in this thread ....but my god am i soooo tired today!!!
    Dont think I have slept in anything more than 1 hour blocks for the last week! Cant get comfortable at all! :(

Tough going without sleep :o I think you can only take a sleep at every opportunity and hope it is enough to sustain you for the next 3 months. Sometimes i end up all night and then sleep the following.
    Betsy18 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm feeling a little better still have the tummy pain but i was speaking to a friend at the weekend and she is on her 1st pregnancy and had the same pains so it has put my mind a little more at rest. the doctor never rang me back with the results of my tests i left messages for her but havent heard anything back. i'm thinking that there must not have been an infection or she would have contacted me but eitherway i will not be attending her again.

You havent too long left now, i hope you are doing ok and you are getting plenty of rest! we told our families at the weekend, everyone is so happy for us, looking forward to getting past the 12 weeks now!!:)

Not a great doc admittedly. I wou;dn't be rushing back wither if i were you. It's now you need reassurance and tlc. You will hit the 12 weeks and it will all fly past like a dream after that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

37 weeks and feeling a bit uncomfortable. A heavy, dragging feeling in my pelvis - it must be just the weight and everything loosening up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Just heading towards 22 wks now and the sleeping is starting to get uncomfortable, horrible leg pain last night and very twisty turny, i think the body pillow needs to come out! But I have been lucky so far so shouldnt complain really.........just tired! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

due sat and feeling so tired and cranky. just want to retreat into a dark warm room and sleep, like a cat. keep getting cramps and pains and bump is low and heavy, but with a 4 yr old and 2 yr old not a chance of hibernating. moan moan moan.
    at least i know that there is a max of 14 days left as that is as far as they let you go over if you have had a cs.

Husband can not get our alarm to stop, son is crying and I am worried for my unborn daughter...getting a bad headache too. It is very loud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mum2be

Maybe you should place this in the alarms thread?:(

Advertisement