Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The alarm is still not fully sorted, luckily the loud alarm in the house is long gone, though I worry for my children. The original alarm is still going off. Very tired at this stage - had a bad low blood sugar last night though luckily I woke up. I love her kicks though and seeing her in the scan earlier earlier in the week made it a lot more real - we are getting a 4d scan for her when she is about 26 weeks so we can see what she looks like then - we did the same for her brother at the same age and it was very accurate. Our son is saying mummy a lot more now, especially when he wants something! He was so giggly last night, he did not want to go to sleep but his laughs were so infectious that it was hard not to let him giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

After a week of being woken in the early hours of the morning by the baby, who's taken to sleeping more during the day and less at night lately, I was hoping for a good night's sleep last night because the Bun was active all day yesterday.

So... I could gladly kill the drunken gits who live next door. Came home shouting and roaring at 4 in the morning, first outside our bedroom window, then outside the door to our apartment. I stuck my head out and asked them if they could please be quieter, they apologised and then went inside and over the next 2 hours gradually increased the volume of their music and their conversation until we had no choice but to call security. The security guy hammered on their door for about 15 minutes with no response but the music and chat stopped so I guess they either got tired or got the message.

Even if I wasn't pregnant I'd be furious, some of us have to get up and go to work, but they know that I am pregnant and working. Some people shouldn't be allowed to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

oh day 3 of regular pains, some intense, some a little intense, some just cramps, i can sleep, so not too bad, but still was so convinced baby would be here by now.
    Fed up, cranky and sore, moan moan moan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Squiggler wrote: »
    After a week of being woken in the early hours of the morning by the baby, who's taken to sleeping more during the day and less at night lately, I was hoping for a good night's sleep last night because the Bun was active all day yesterday.

So... I could gladly kill the drunken gits who live next door. Came home shouting and roaring at 4 in the morning, first outside our bedroom window, then outside the door to our apartment. I stuck my head out and asked them if they could please be quieter, they apologised and then went inside and over the next 2 hours gradually increased the volume of their music and their conversation until we had no choice but to call security. The security guy hammered on their door for about 15 minutes with no response but the music and chat stopped so I guess they either got tired or got the message.

Even if I wasn't pregnant I'd be furious, some of us have to get up and go to work, but they know that I am pregnant and working. Some people shouldn't be allowed to drink.

Baby sleeps more during the day now because mammies movements calm them into a sleep, so when mammy is still baby wakes up and wants to keep mammy up too!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

lynski wrote: »
    oh day 3 of regular pains, some intense, some a little intense, some just cramps, i can sleep, so not too bad, but still was so convinced baby would be here by now.
    Fed up, cranky and sore, moan moan moan.

Hopefully it won't be much longer.

• Advertisement

having a guiness now to relax.

In laws had me in floods again - they sent an email (the newsletter) and all that they said about me was that I was sending them photos of their grandson, they were also going on about me being expected to do all the childcare and housework...I am pregnant, not feeling well, incredibly tired...it would not have been as bad if they did not say how the other pregnant women were being supported by their partners...they did not even mention my pregnancy. I hit reply instead of sending it to hubby...

Have been on and off bawling crying since.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    In laws had me in floods again - they sent an email (the newsletter) and all that they said about me was that I was sending them photos of their grandson, they were also going on about me being expected to do all the childcare and housework...I am pregnant, not feeling well, incredibly tired...it would not have been as bad if they did not say how the other pregnant women were being supported by their partners...they did not even mention my pregnancy. I hit reply instead of sending it to hubby...

Have been on and off bawling crying since.

Aw no! Maybe you should let your hubby screen your calls and emails from them. Or just put them on ignore for now, since they are causing you so much upset.

Easier said than done I know but you need to be taking care of yourself, your baby and your family. Anything that takes away from that or makes it more difficult doesn't have a place in your life right now.

One of my uncles died today - his step-daughter is expecting a girl this month, hope that she is OK - they all live in the US so can not get to the funeral. Another one of my uncles is very ill at the moment, have been trying to contact him for weeks, was speaking to him and he did not sound very well.

We are hoping to have a 4-d scan of our daughter next week, we had the same done for our son at the same age and it was very accurate. I am still worried how my son will take to his sister - I love him and just hope that he forgives me for this! It is very tiring but I do not know if that is because of my other health issues or because having a son who is just over 11 months old is tiring. I love my children though, the list of little things that my son does every day that makes me smile is endless - we are planning for his first birthday next month.

My legs are at me so have the pregancy pillow at the end of the bed - my poor hubby, I asked him for a leg massage in the middle of the night.

Had to be near a smoking area for 2 hours today, hope that she is OK.

Heartburn is a lot worse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Week 36 and I am smothering with a cold, if I paid for the flu jab would I be entitled to a refund?
    Babs kicking away is all that matters tho!

• Advertisement

Thrilled that my daughter is kicking me at the moment but feel to sick to eat much and am worried about loosing weight on her. I would hate if she was small like her brother when he was born. I just want to do the best by her - I love my children and am doing everything that I can to be a good mummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I am being pummelled from the inside out with this baby.......but I love it!! Also getting totally addicted to chocolate Polo biscuits! yummy!

Last day of week 38. Tomorrow is my last day in work. Have had to stand on the LUAS 4 of my 7 journeys this week.

Baby has been trying to burst out through my side for the past 4 days, or at least that's what it feels like.

And, to add to the fun my boss organised a whole bunch of last minute external meetings this week so I've had to try to control my winces.

But it's still all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Wow Squiggler you have my full respect for sticking it out until 38 weeks. Hopefully you'll get a nice rest before the baby arrives.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Thrilled that my daughter is kicking me at the moment but feel to sick to eat much and am worried about loosing weight on her. I would hate if she was small like her brother when he was born. I just want to do the best by her - I love my children and am doing everything that I can to be a good mummy.

dont worry about losing weight, i was so sick from a tummy bug and acid that I lost a nearly a stone in july last year. spent most of pregnancy suffering from acid and appetite never recovered fully, still hasn't. Ended my pregnancy only 6-7 lbs heavier then i started it. babs arrived 2 wks ago a healthy 9lb-er and is thriving and i am back in my jeans (not a small size anyway but still happy days). Baby usually gets what they need. Try the lillipops for the sickness and keep the chin up ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

A little worried about the weight thing too. My first pregnancy - I was a lot bigger at 25 weeks than I am now. I've gained about 8lbs from starting weight.

I'm street rat crazy the past few days. I just want to allocate myself an hour to just cry. But i don't have time for that - I am far too stressed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Ugh moan moan moan!!

My all day sickness is back and so fed up I hope it doesn't last till baby comes have 10wks left!

I could barely manage it at the start and lost so much weight :(

Baby Shane has his first bad cold and is teething...not easy when you are heavily pregnant with his sister. How do you explain to a little person that you love that it is just a cold, eye infection and teething and that he will feel better in a few days?

I'm sorry to hear baby shane is under the weather. When I was little - and sick - cuddles from my dad always made it better!!!

Hope he feels better soon anyway - theres a horrid dose going around. I've got it! All as i need on top of everything else too. My blood sugars were sky high this morning too.

I'm sorry to hear baby shane is under the weather. When I was little - and sick - cuddles from my dad always made it better!!!

Hope he feels better soon anyway - theres a horrid dose going around. I've got it! All as i need on top of everything else too. My blood sugars were sky high this morning too.
    I have been diabetic since I was 10, high blood sugars feel horrible, I hope that you feel better now...I find that gavison raises mine and I need them at nght.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 teegardonkey

I'm 19 and 22 weeks pregnant with my first baby, a little boy.
    I needed a thread like this today, my boyfriend broke up with me last night so it would be a great help if someone could tell me all the important stuff i need to know so i can now be a mother and father to my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Hi Teegar - so sorry to hear about your boyfriend - He's a bit of a brat doing that to you. For advise you'd be better on the "pregnancy" thread. I feel it's a much better place to be. This thread is a "moan" thread but oh my god it can be so much more negative than a plain wee moan. You need help an support and positive thinking for you and your baby. You are well into your pregnancy now and while it will be hard for you on your own you will have so much love in common with your baby it will really brighten your days. I hope you do ok x.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I'm having a moany day today! Did my back in yesterday, I'm leaning to the left! This meant that the sleep I had last night was non existent and everything is too awkward to do!

I am beyond stressed out. I just want to take a day off and cry, but i cant. because i am so far behind preparing for exams i might not even be able to sit.

The baby is due right smack in the middle of my exams and its not like i can just resit them - i have to wait an entire year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I am beyond stressed out. I just want to take a day off and cry, but i cant. because i am so far behind preparing for exams i might not even be able to sit.

The baby is due right smack in the middle of my exams and its not like i can just resit them - i have to wait an entire year.

Is there no autumn repeat sitting that you could take in lieu of the summer exams? I don't know which college you're in, but some of them have brilliant student services/access offices that will do everything they can to keep you on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

My own moan has only a little bit to do with the pregnancy. My gag reflex is really starting to heighten and I'm in the middle of a lengthy session of dental work - every week for the next 6 weeks:eek:. I spent the whole of today's appointment trying not to gag while the dentist rooted around in my jaw. If I get any more sensitive I'll probably throw up on him next time.

Is there no autumn repeat sitting that you could take in lieu of the summer exams? I don't know which college you're in, but some of them have brilliant student services/access offices that will do everything they can to keep you on track.

I'm in a private college doing beauty therapy. Started end of september and found out I was pregnant in October. We have 3 exams with 3 different examining bodies, and the examiners fly in from all over the world. Babys due end of june (25th). I have an exam in May (25th), I have another one in June (16th) and I have my final one (the most important) in the first week of July.

There is no re-sits. Not until next summer when the examiners are there for next years exams.

I am freaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Had my first hospital appointment today with the consultant- she did a mini- scan- it was literally a 2 second scan that was so fast i barely saw anything. She didn't notice the fibroid I have at all, so I still don't know whether or not it could affect me or the baby during pregnancy, and by the time I'd wiped the jelly off my belly she's said goddbye and ran off so no chance to ask her.
    Feel horribly hard done by!

Am just p1ssed off this week in general. College issues are tainting everything! :mad:

My first few days back in work after taking unpaid leave with our son, was also my birthday earlier in the week. I never realised that it would be so tiring. Have a baby check this morning and then am taking this afternoon off to get some sleep. Am getting used to the final trimester, it is very tiring and I do feel quite large though everyone is telling me that I am tiny. Our son was born early April last year so the count down to his birthday is happening - he is talking away as I type. I love my children, just will never stop worrying about them.

We are also on baby watch for two of my in laws who are expecting around now (one triplets (boys), one a single)...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

have to moan as well...this heightened sense of smell thing is really bad - my coworker uses a really, really strong perfume (that I never noticed before I was preggers), and then pops out for cigarettes every now and again. That combination gives me a nasty headache and makes me want to throw up...;-(

And I can't tell her to lay off the perfume either, cause she'd cop...

Oh, and hubby lost his job yesterday (redundancy). Fantastic.:(

Advertisement