Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

14 weeks today and the tiredness is finally easing . . i didnt' have energy to get up in the mornings never mind work and mind the 3 i have :D I have a major case of backache and its not from pregnancy . . very sore hip and i've to wait another 2 weeks before i can get it seen to :( poor me .. counting down those 14 days . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My daddy agreed that I waddle now :D Exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Naineen wrote: »
    have to moan as well...this heightened sense of smell thing is really bad - my coworker uses a really, really strong perfume (that I never noticed before I was preggers), and then pops out for cigarettes every now and again. That combination gives me a nasty headache and makes me want to throw up...;-(

And I can't tell her to lay off the perfume either, cause she'd cop...

Oh, and hubby lost his job yesterday (redundancy). Fantastic.:(
    Sorry to hear about your hubby being laid off :(

With you on the smells, it's mostly perfumes that bug me, and anyone eating fish at my lunch table....yuck, I have to leave so as not to throw up :( I was not so smell sensitive on either of my previous pregnancies!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

cbyrd wrote: »
    14 weeks today and the tiredness is finally easing . . i didnt' have energy to get up in the mornings never mind work and mind the 3 i have :D I have a major case of backache and its not from pregnancy . . very sore hip and i've to wait another 2 weeks before i can get it seen to :( poor me .. counting down those 14 days . . .

Cbyrd you are certainly busy, hope the hip stops playing up for you, ouch..are you waiting on physio? I'm 14+2, we're almost due date buddies :-)

Am totally and utterly exhausted - have been back in work since Wednesday and I am not managing at all - I was getting a sleep for a few hours in the morning at home...now I am facing long days, my back and my legs are in pain, I need to go to the toilet a lot more and it is akward in work so I am holding it in for as long as I can. I can not manage this at all. I also am still upset from all the mis I had the last time that I was in work and it is haunting me.

To add to that the hubby told me a few "white lies" and I am still hurt that he did that...he also has a dental appointment at 9 so I have to be in work too early so that I can get our son into the creche, I am still tired from the hour change. Am going to see if I can go on leave sooner, I can not cope at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Aw CathyMoran, that is terrible. I hope that things improve soon, and that your employers are understanding and supportive.

Hope all you girls are hanging in there. Pregnancy is such a rollercoaster.

My only moan is that this baby just seems too comfortable. 3 days overdue now. My back is beginning to hurt and I'm getting impatient. My Mum has been calling me every day for the last week, which is sweet, but also irritating. I'm also very tired this morning because my poor husband is a bit poorly and snored all night.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I hope baby makes a move soon Squiggler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I managed to fall today and landed right on my knees so I now have two big bloody grazed stingy knees.........totally lost all sense of balance the last few days! But at least my knees took the brunt of the fall and not my belly.

I ended up staying at home today - I have a bad sore throat (got it from our son who is attending the creche), the time difference really knocked me out as well. Having some chicken soup. I can probably take some half days but I can not see myself managing more than until the end of the week in work, I am not in perfect health to begin with and pregnancy takes a lot out of me.

I have been thinking though how brave my little son is if I am finding this sore throat so hard - his first birthday is on Saturday.

He got a little cousin on Saturday, a beautiful little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Argh! I'm so dozy...

Went to have a shower to wash my hair this morning...
    Got in... washed my hair. Reached for the conditioner. Picked up the shampoo without realising. Washed my hair again. Reached for the conditoner. Picked up the shampoo without realising. Washed my hair again. Got so frustrated that I chucked the shampoo out of the shower. Finally got the conditioner!

My brain is so mushy... the simplest things are epic tasks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

liliq the bad news is that doesnt even stop after the baby arrives!
    My little one is 3 months old tomorrow and today I managed to go out and leave the front door wide open (not just unlocked but swinging open - hubbie thought we'd been abducted or something when he got home!), and then while I was in the credit union left my keys on the counter.
    Doh.

sillysocks wrote: »
    liliq the bad news is that doesnt even stop after the baby arrives!

FML...* :o
    sillysocks wrote: »
    My little one is 3 months old tomorrow and today I managed to go out and leave the front door wide open (not just unlocked but swinging open - hubbie thought we'd been abducted or something when he got home!), and then while I was in the credit union left my keys on the counter.
    Doh.

I think it's time we stock up on the fish fingers with added omega oils! :rolleyes:

* F**k my life... Sorry, bold I know, but all I can think of in response with my mushy peas brain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

liliq wrote: »
    Argh! I'm so dozy...

Went to have a shower to wash my hair this morning...
    Got in... washed my hair. Reached for the conditioner. Picked up the shampoo without realising. Washed my hair again. Reached for the conditoner. Picked up the shampoo without realising. Washed my hair again. Got so frustrated that I chucked the shampoo out of the shower. Finally got the conditioner!

My brain is so mushy... the simplest things are epic tasks!

My other half keeps finding things in the wrong places.. Brown bread in the fridge.. Butter in the press.. Thought i was the only one..

2 days overdue and sooooo wish she'd arrive :)

Mom2Be wrote: »
    My other half keeps finding things in the wrong places.. Brown bread in the fridge.. Butter in the press.. Thought i was the only one..

2 days overdue and sooooo wish she'd arrive :)

Bisto in my coffee :( (More boldness, but I've cut down to max 2 cups a day!)
    I'm only 18 weeks, so it's gonna be like this for a while yet! :eek:

Hope she (definitely she? :)) doesn't keep you waiting too much longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

liliq wrote: »
    Bisto in my coffee :( (More boldness, but I've cut down to max 2 cups a day!)
    I'm only 18 weeks, so it's gonna be like this for a while yet! :eek:

Hope she (definitely she? :)) doesn't keep you waiting too much longer!

Aww thanks, hope im not waitin too much longer either :) Have an appointment in morning so might know more..

"She" by the scan.. Better be a she ~ Everything is pink

OMG!

Almost got ill at my desk in work, barely got to the bathroom on time...the joys of morning sickness in the third trimester. On annual leave this afternoon so that I can get some sleep. Not able to eat much. I am feeling very uncomfortable.

Were it not for the fact that the end result is so wonderful...must think of my unborn daugter - the pregnancy with our son was tough too but he lights up every day just because he is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I cannot take the stress much more. I swear to god. Im so close to being pregzilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 crankypanda

Hi there, I'm new around here

I feel bad whinging about this, and I probably should be counting my blessings that this is the most troublesome thing I've had to deal with so far (just 5 weeks along), but my greasier-than-usual hair is driving me mad.

I've got fine, straight hair that's prone to getting greasy, so normally I try not not wash it more than two or three times a week. But, for the last week I'm barely getting one day out of it and I'm worried that the more I wash it, the quicker it'll go lank and nasty. I look like somebody who hasn't showered in weeks. :o

My face has also become very oily but this doesn't bother me as much. I don't eat much in the way of greasy food, so I'm guessing that it's the hormones to blame.

I don't think there's a magic solution but has anybody else had this problem? And how long is it likely to last? Am I going to have to wear a hat for the next nine months? ;)

Just about managed to get to my seat in work, just about fainted. Am home on a half day now. I have a bad cold but can not really take anything. Am worried about my daugher, I will get through all this as long as I know that she is OK. Going to the bathroom a lot at night and having a lot of low blood sugars (am a type 1 diabetic), have piles. Not up to eating much, am trying for her. At least she is kicking me at the moment.

It is our son's first birthday tomorrow and I want to be well for him, I hate not being able to hug him and play with him as much as I normally do.

Happy Birthday to Baby Shane.

You know what Cathy, you're going to give him the BEST 1st birthday present ever. A baby sister. So, just look after yourself.

To the lady with the greasy hair. If you feel bad washing it daily -- try use the dry shampoo. Its pretty good! Its not expensive, about 3 euro for a tin. Its called Bastiste and you can get it in dunnes/tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 crankypanda

To the lady with the greasy hair. If you feel bad washing it daily -- try use the dry shampoo. Its pretty good! Its not expensive, about 3 euro for a tin. Its called Bastiste and you can get it in dunnes/tesco.

Thanks so much, Storminateacup. Hope you're feeling a little bit better than you were the other day.

I'll definitely be trying out that dry shampoo, though the morning sickness has stepped up a bit today so by next week, I probably won't give a hoot if I look as if I slept in a wheely bin ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

crankypanda - had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but now my hair has gone back to being not so greasy...it must be the hormones...

Feeling great today - apart from random cravings for Jaffa Cakes and pears and the odd bout of nausea...:o

crankypanda, it's weird how the hormone changes seem to affect everyone differently. If anything my hair has taken longer to get greasy during my pregnancy, but my skin has also been dryer.

My moan... baby is 8 days overdue and hyperactive all night, my husband has suddenly started snoring constantly as if trying to sleep at this size and with a hyper baby kicking me to bits wasn't hard enough and my Mum calls every day, at least once a day, asking if there is any news, which is driving me insane. I hate the sound of my phone ringing now.

I am tired, stressed, uncomfortable and have had enough of being pregnant now. For the first time during the whole pregnancy I feel like an emotional wreck. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry, but then I'd just worry my husband.

And on top of all that I have to consider whether I want to have a sweep if baby still hasn't moved by Tuesday or so, and if the baby hasn't appeared by Thursday I might not be able to have the homebirth we'd planned.

I should have lied about my dates. Next time I'm adding a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Betsy18

i need a bit of a moan today!! im still suffering with my back if i walk any distance at all! my ankles have been swollen for the past 2 days now and today i was doubled over with a pain in my lower side into my pelvis! feeling pretty crappy today so hoping i'll be improved tomorrow! i'm nearly 18 wks and i have a massive bump!!! people keep commenting on the size of it which is making me self conscious too!!:(

I have been in hospital for a few days - all mother in law could say was that she was worried for her son and grandson, no mention of me and our unborn daughter...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*hugs*

Ignore her

How are you today?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    *hugs*

Ignore her

How are you today?
    Thanks, am tired and nauseus, the fact that I forgot my thyroid tablets did not help! On anti-nausea but nervous about eating...slept most of the afternoon...sorry for the rant.

Aw Cathy, as moonbeam said, ignore her. *hugs*

Blood results back today. Ferritin levels are pretty low still - 9.2 but higher than what they were. But it would seem I have hypothyroidism. Which explains why Im cranky and tired and cant concentrate.

Just want it to be fixed though. So happy its the weekend. I can have as many naps as I like.

• Advertisement

Blood results back today. Ferritin levels are pretty low still - 9.2 but higher than what they were. But it would seem I have hypothyroidism. Which explains why Im cranky and tired and cant concentrate.

Just want it to be fixed though. So happy its the weekend. I can have as many naps as I like.
    My iron was about the same earlier this week, have to keep an eye on it, I also have hypythyoidism (and a few other things), once they get to the top of it you will feel a lot better honest - hugs.

Advertisement