Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I have been in hospital for a few days - all mother in law could say was that she was worried for her son and grandson, no mention of me and our unborn daughter...

Cathy your MIL needs a kick up the ass really she does!

How you feeling these days? you cant have long left now???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Moan for the day . . i have 3 kids with hand foot and mouth and Ben has chickenpox too . . I haven't had a nights sleep since friday night and i can't leave the house cos they're all contagious :(
    I had to cancel my hospital appointment for tuesday and while they re-scheduled for next week it means i have to bring them all with me.
    My legs are so itchy i've bled them in a few places from scratching. . I suppose the only good thing is they're all sick at the same time, i just want to sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

No food is attractive to me and I am very anemic - have barelt eaten anything all day, I seem to be surviving on sugary drinks and I am badly underweight for this stage of the pregnancy (I lost 7lb in weight when I was ill last week), I am too tired to eat. Am worried about my daughter. She has a scan tomorrow.

Our son had the mmr on Monday and has been off form since.

No food is attractive to me and I am very anemic - have barelt eaten anything all day, I seem to be surviving on sugary drinks and I am badly underweight for this stage of the pregnancy (I lost 7lb in weight when I was ill last week), I am too tired to eat. Am worried about my daughter. She has a scan tomorrow.

AWWW Cathy you're really having it rough
    Poor baby Shane!:(
    As for the babs and your weight....
    The baby is taking all the calories from anything you eat don't worry!!!!
    Let us know how the scan goes
    How many weeks have u left?

angelfire9 wrote: »
    AWWW Cathy you're really having it rough
    Poor baby Shane!:(
    As for the babs and your weight....
    The baby is taking all the calories from anything you eat don't worry!!!!
    Let us know how the scan goes
    How many weeks have u left?
    I am over 30 weeks but she will be born before week 37, I know that it is not long to go, I just want her to be OK, sorry about all the moaning.

• Advertisement

I am over 30 weeks but she will be born before week 37, I know that it is not long to go, I just want her to be OK, sorry about all the moaning.

Its a moan thread! :D:D

7 weeks left... i knew it couldn't be much more

Try (and i know it won't be easy) to rest as much as you can for the 7 weeks and don't stress too much, mother nature has a way of sorting things out...

the only thing that you can be sure of is baba is getting the best of everything and you're getting the rest...:rolleyes: i know it's not the same but the last couple of months i was pregnant with Ben i couldn't eat for the indigestion and lost 2 and a half stone . . the thing i was told by my gp was look at it this way .. you won't have to diet to lose the baby weight :eek: hang in there. . try to eat tiny bits even if your appetite's not there . . you know we're all thinking of you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

cbyrd wrote: »
    Moan for the day . . i have 3 kids with hand foot and mouth and Ben has chickenpox too . . I haven't had a nights sleep since friday night and i can't leave the house cos they're all contagious :(
    I had to cancel my hospital appointment for tuesday and while they re-scheduled for next week it means i have to bring them all with me.
    My legs are so itchy i've bled them in a few places from scratching. . I suppose the only good thing is they're all sick at the same time, i just want to sleep

hey just to advise you should mention to your doctor bout severe itching as happened to my friend in her pregnancy and she had a liver problem caused by the pregnancy that needed monitoring closely and the only sign she had was itching esp at night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

College is so intense right now. 13 hour days, with two twenty minute breaks, and a 45 min drive there and back. I come home, and i have hours of written reports. I know it will be all worth it, but i'm tense.

Baby seems to be all good right now - thankfully, but I'm stressin bad. I simply dont have the energy for college, but I dont have any other option other than keep on trucking.

My beautiful boyfriend is pretty ill right now. He's never ill, and I feel uneasy when he isn't himself.

Cest la vie. I know it will all work out well.

College is so intense right now. 13 hour days, with two twenty minute breaks, and a 45 min drive there and back. I come home, and i have hours of written reports. I know it will be all worth it, but i'm tense.

Baby seems to be all good right now - thankfully, but I'm stressin bad. I simply dont have the energy for college, but I dont have any other option other than keep on trucking.

My beautiful boyfriend is pretty ill right now. He's never ill, and I feel uneasy when he isn't himself.

Cest la vie. I know it will all work out well.
    I just realised that you and I have exactly the same dates sort of (my dates going from me are a few days ahead).

I survived a few days back in work but with chronic anemia etc I can not see myself going back until after my daugter is born. As m pregnancy is very high risk I will be spending a lot more time in hospital going forward - as long as she is OK.

• Advertisement

You're better off taking as much care as you possibly can Cathy. We don't have long left!! Its exciting that another boardsie is due around the same time!!

Hard to believe just 10 weeks left. It seemed almost like it would never happen, and now I'm just 10 weeks away from holding my baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I am due the same roughly too.......I am 30 weeks and 1 day!

My daugter will not be born later than 37 weeks so the count down is really on for me. They are going to give me iron next week - am badly anemic at this stage and can not absorb it easily.

I know how that feels Cathy - theres nothing worse than feeling so letargic and horrid all the time. Even before I was pregnant my iron was very very low. Its actually getting better during pregnancy but its still very very low. I will be starting iron injections shortly too.

But - other than all that crap, I feel fantastic.

Sorry to hear that Cathy but at least you know that you will be going a bit earlier this time. I can also sympathise with you and Storminateacup about the iron as I have always had low levels but thankfully its not too bad at the moment, more worried about my thyroid levels shooting up as they have taken me off the meds for now.........anyway, besides that, I am pretty well besides the added discomfort of my baby's head butting into my rib cage :p

Winnie wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Cathy but at least you know that you will be going a bit earlier this time. I can also sympathise with you and Storminateacup about the iron as I have always had low levels but thankfully its not too bad at the moment, more worried about my thyroid levels shooting up as they have taken me off the meds for now.........anyway, besides that, I am pretty well besides the added discomfort of my baby's head butting into my rib cage :p
    They do know what they are doing - they are keeping me on my current level for now, do not think that I could cope with less meds and being badly anemic - I will be getting drip next week - is cute that my hubby wanted to be with me but I would like him to have more time later. I just want my daugher to be OK, seeing a female version of my husband will be something.

hey just to advise you should mention to your doctor bout severe itching as happened to my friend in her pregnancy and she had a liver problem caused by the pregnancy that needed monitoring closely and the only sign she had was itching esp at night!

Yes it's liver function.. i've had abnormal LFT's since last june, so i've had the tests done and was to get the results on tuesday but thanks to contagious kids i won't know til this tues.. the itching is all the time. .i have to keep my nails really short . .:(
    We're killing 2 birds with one stone next week and after my appointment my lovely husband is going for the first appointment for his SNIP.. yahoo :D:D:D:D

Yes it's liver function.. i've had abnormal LFT's since last june, so i've had the tests done and was to get the results on tuesday but thanks to contagious kids i won't know til this tues.. the itching is all the time. .i have to keep my nails really short . .:(
    We're killing 2 birds with one stone next week and after my appointment my lovely husband is going for the first appointment for his SNIP.. yahoo :D:D:D:D
    Good luck with the tests and the snip issue - my husband wants me to get it done when we have our daugter...still looking into it. I have to watch my liver as well as I have sarcoidisis there.

Yeah they were thinking that's what caused the erythema nodosum last december, but everything's still coming back negative.. so i'm still no wiser... had to put all the testing on hold for another year . . it really panicked me when the liver was showing abnormalities after the year we put in with my dad. .. I honestly don't know how you cope Cathy, i was a mess for about 2 months after the first abnormal results came back, just hoping now that everything will be ok . .:)

Yeah they were thinking that's what caused the erythema nodosum last december, but everything's still coming back negative.. so i'm still no wiser... had to put all the testing on hold for another year . . it really panicked me when the liver was showing abnormalities after the year we put in with my dad. .. I honestly don't know how you cope Cathy, i was a mess for about 2 months after the first abnormal results came back, just hoping now that everything will be ok . .:)
    Ask my husband, I am petrifed but I also have a great time with my family, am scared of the scan when she is born as I will have no excuse to avoid it.

Our son is in pain with his teeth now, my poor little normally giggleostopus - his sisiter just gave me a huge kick.

• Advertisement

It's when this happens it puts into perspective how little control we have over life.. going through it with my dad last year was heartbreaking but he was very quick to tell he's haunt us if we didn't get on with our lives...now the cycle begins again in our family with this one .. who will be James if he's a boy:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I can heartily recommend James cbyrd! So glad we changed our minds at the last minute from what we had chosen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 crankypanda

Many thanks to naineen and squiggler for their good advice a few posts back. Spent two weeks looking for the thanks button but only just found out that I've got to get to ten posts before I can use the built-in thanks.

Just like what naineen experienced, my hair seems to have gone back to normal again, though, as I predicted, I'm too sick to care now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Ended up in Holles St on Friday night with major owwie. Couldn't move with the pain. :(
    Was there for a good while, but got sent home in the end to take paracetmol. The doc thought it could be caused by the fibroid I have going a bit necrotic (ewwww). Got to see baby though, and everything was ok... measuring a bit small though so have to go back in for a developmental scan on Tuesday... not sure whether I should be worried or not. :(
    Feeling not as sore today, but still a bit stressed out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Try not to worry liliq, babies grow at different rates and your babies growth will even out over the course of pregnancy hopefully. 17 + 4 today and woke up with a definite bump today. Still no word of hospital appointment, so annoyed with gp for not sending referral after my first visit at 6 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 daryl89

Hi All.

Me and my girlfriend are expecting our first I am 22 and she is 21. I want her to feel that she is not alone and has my support but don't know what she is going trough so find it hard to relate, how can i show her support and reassure her things are o.k when she is worried as we don't know what is normal and what we should worry about she is approx 6 weeks gone and her due date is 18th of Dec. I have been told a lot not to tell everyone until 3 months but our close family and some friends know already. Should I worry about miscarriage?? How should I react to mood swings and hormonal problems I am new to this but want to learn to make this pregnancy as easy as I can for her. any tips on how I can make her life easier at the moment and in turn hopefully mine too lol..

The best you can do Daryl89 is the simply be around, be there to help her, listen her and yes she probably will be emotional and hormonal but you are already aware as to why so do your best to not react to it too much and just let her cry or scream or vent or whatever she needs to do to get through it. She is still in very early stages and you are right not to tell everyone until after 12 weeks, try not to dwell too much on possibilities of miscarriage, hopefully it wont happen and stressing about it will only make it all worse, there is just as much chance of her having a healthy pregnancy til the end. You cant prevent miscarriage at this stage, just make sure she takes it easy and eats well. Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 daryl89

Winnie wrote: »
    The best you can do Daryl89 is the simply be around, be there to help her, listen her and yes she probably will be emotional and hormonal but you are already aware as to why so do your best to not react to it too much and just let her cry or scream or vent or whatever she needs to do to get through it. She is still in very early stages and you are right not to tell everyone until after 12 weeks, try not to dwell too much on possibilities of miscarriage, hopefully it wont happen and stressing about it will only make it all worse, there is just as much chance of her having a healthy pregnancy til the end. You cant prevent miscarriage at this stage, just make sure she takes it easy and eats well. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply Winnie. I hope it helps too lol. we were talking about weather to move in before or after the baby arrives, I am working and she has just finished college studying accountancy so we have not got a lot of money but could get by. Although I think it would be good stability for the baby would it be a bit much for my g/f coping on her own with a new born while I work?

I'm afraid I cant answer that one for you, thats a personal thing but maybe not a bad idea if you can to move in before the baby arrives, get everything settled and sorted rather than trying to do that and cope with a newborn at the same time. best of luck! :-)

• Advertisement

Got ill last night and have only been able to take water today, am worried about my daugher. Do not want to go back into hospital again I hated it there, spent until 3 in bed catching up on sleep...

Advertisement