Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Best of luck cathy your nearly there, hold on for a while longer......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

The pressure is on at college. Up half the night sunday night doing CSE hours for monday. Up until 4 am this morning doing casestudy print-offs. Up at 7. In college since 9am until 10:15 tonight. So tired, my eyes are bloodshot and I look like crap.

Just waiting for my uniform to wash so as i can dry it and go to bed, for another 13 hour day tomorrow.

I know things will get better as soon as everything is handed up, but its just so hard to see the end right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Being induced tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::pac::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Being induced tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::pac::)

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Good luck!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bobobear

Hi all, new addition to the thread. I'm 14 + 5 and I have two moans for today -

1. The headaches. Oh dear god. Nothing helps.

2. The evil hormones. My mother going "hmmmmm, that really makes you look pregnant" when I come downstairs in the only clean t-shirt that still fits and isn't indecently tight triggered a fit of bawling like I've never had before. All I could think of was "What have I done to my life? Booohoooooooohooooooo!"

Then I went to tesc0 and bought an Easter egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Betsy18

hi all, i just need a moan today as im feeling really down. im 20 wks pregnant with my 1st baby and have had a bad flu since Sunday. i went to my GP on Monday as i wasnt feeling too good he said just to take paracetomal and lemsip and shud be fine in a few days!! had to return to the GP today as i developed a tickly cough yesterday which is making me vomit quite severely. he dosent think it is influenza but has prescribed me with a 5 day course of Tamiflu just in case! im panicking and to top it off the vomiting has got worse now every time i cough i have to have my head stuck in a bucket! im just really fed up with it now!sorry for the moan just needed to let of a little bit of steam!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I have been getting bad nausea also and am finding it hard to keep things down, have lost a lot of weight, we have a young son and he gets everything in the creche. I am having treatments for the anemia so that is something - over 31 weeks now. As long as she is OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

bobobear wrote: »
    Hi all, new addition to the thread. I'm 14 + 5 and I have two moans for today -

1. The headaches. Oh dear god. Nothing helps.

2. The evil hormones. My mother going "hmmmmm, that really makes you look pregnant" when I come downstairs in the only clean t-shirt that still fits and isn't indecently tight triggered a fit of bawling like I've never had before. All I could think of was "What have I done to my life? Booohoooooooohooooooo!"

Then I went to tesc0 and bought an Easter egg.

That's hilarious i know just what you mean :pac:

I get a headache right across my forehead and i'm allergic to paracetamol so i can't take anything . . i find couple of ylang ylang oil drops in a little burner and sit and relax for a while is the best remedy . . those damn hormones . .
    My husband is complaining about me snoring:eek: i've never snored in my life but all this week my nose feel like about 10 times the size . . ah well . . at least the snoring's not waking me up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

don't mention those hormones - I had a shouting match in a shopping center car park cause this twat was going in the wrong direction and was in my way. Usually, I just mutter to myself and move on - yesterday, I got so cranky and annoyed, I rolled down the window and shouted at him...followd by 10 minutes of sobbing in the car cause he shouted back...:eek:

hope this doesnt get worse...:o

anyhoo, hope ye're all doing ok - happy Easter!

• Advertisement

So happy today! The lovely man Im so crazy about surprised me with a break for the weekend, to galway. So, here i am, flat out in the beautiful G hotel.

God I love him sometimes ;)

Hope your good, ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I know it's probably part of it all- but I feel like a heifer :(

Feel like a total heifer too. Had to box up most of my clothes the other day. I'm down to one pair of jeans and one pair of maternity jeans. The old ones are tight and the mat ones don't quite fit yet. Not enjoying this in-between stage at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Half four in the morning and I haven't been able to sleep yet what with nausea, heartburn and gagging. Really hope this passes soon, this is NOT what I signed up for!

Hubby and I both have coughs and it is not helping with my inability to eat much, got sick last night even though I took anti nausea tablets (prescribed by the maternity hospital). Have to get my final iron top up - have lost about 9lb at this rate (and I did not have it to loose). Did not think that you could get bad morning sickness in the third trimester.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Hubby and I both have coughs and it is not helping with my inability to eat much, got sick last night even though I took anti nausea tablets (prescribed by the maternity hospital). Have to get my final iron top up - have lost about 9lb at this rate (and I did not have it to loose). Did not think that you could get bad morning sickness in the third trimester.

Morning sickness is a common symptom in the third trimester :(

January wrote: »
    Morning sickness is a common symptom in the third trimester :(
    Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better - I was just worried about hurting her. Her big brother did not give me the same symptoms. She is kicking me now thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better - I was just worried about hurting her. Her big brother did not give me the same symptoms. She is kicking me now thankfully.

Cathy try not to stress yourself out so much
    I didn't put on much weight at all during my pregnancy with Aisling I couldn't eat properly at all and she still got all the nutrients she needed
    Granted she was a small baba (6lbs 4oz) but now she's a thriving healthy happy baby

You've only a few weeks left and hopefully they will fly and you'll be at home with your princess in time for a beautiful summer

Have ye picked a name yet?

Her big brother was only 4lb 11oz when he was born, we just hope that she is bigger than that. We have her name picked from years ago! I just want her to be OK.

Her big brother was only 4lb 11oz when he was born, we just hope that she is bigger than that. We have her name picked from years ago! I just want her to be OK.

She will be
    Even if she is small like Shane was that's not the worst thing in the world
    Have a read of this it might make you feel a little less worried:
    German doctors say a baby, who is believed to be the most premature baby in Europe to have survived, is spending Easter at home after five months in neonatal care.
    Doctors at the Fulda Children's Clinic said Frieda, who was born 18 weeks early last November and weighed just 16oz, is "a medical miracle".
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news/in-brief-girl-born-18-weeks-early-survives-2628764.html

• Advertisement

And I know her name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Hi ladies, im just wondering im 15.5 wks pregnant and suffering from headaches nearly on a daily basis. Is this a common symptom for this stage of pregnancy? Thanks

Cathy, with my eldest a girl i was sick until i was in labour, i even vomited during labour. I still put on weight though, and she was a healthy 9lb 1 oz.

hope things improve..... not too much longer left... hold in there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 daryl89

would like some opinions.

have had a trip to Amsterdam planned for over a year now going in Nov 2011 for a friend getting out of prison(not as shady as it sounds). my G/F is due in Dec 2011 and is trying to convince me I should not go. Do you think I should sacrifice my trip in the off chance she may go 1 month early? Or am I being a D##K HEAD for not cancelling. this could be my last blow out before baby comes(god willing) and also some catch up time with a friend who has been locked up nearly 2 year in Nov. all opinions welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

daryl89 wrote: »
    would like some opinions.

have had a trip to Amsterdam planned for over a year now going in Nov 2011 for a friend getting out of prison(not as shady as it sounds). my G/F is due in Dec 2011 and is trying to convince me I should not go. Do you think I should sacrifice my trip in the off chance she may go 1 month early? Or am I being a D##K HEAD for not cancelling. this could be my last blow out before baby comes(god willing) and also some catch up time with a friend who has been locked up nearly 2 year in Nov. all opinions welcome.

I can only speak as a hormonal pregnant woman and say that yes, you would indeed be a d******d to leave your heavily pregnant girlfriend to go on a drink and drug fueled bender in Amsterdam with an ex-con when she could go into labour AT ANY MOMENT.
    (I'm using the words that will likely be in her head, not making any judgments about you or your friend. I would love a session in Amsterdam!)

My guy went on a bender to Spain when I had 3 weeks left to go, I broke it off with him, on his first night there he got smashed and mugged, the money he was supposed to buy the cot with was gone.

Of Course we got back together but before baby was born but how I hated him for leaving me that week, our lady was born 1 week early.

were together 13 years now, our second guy was 5 weeks premature and our 3rd guy was 1 week early, you never know what's going to happen, grow up and be there for your girlfriend and your baby. Catch up with your mate some-other time, your girlfriend and baby should be your priority.

Can your friend not come to ireland to meet you?
    Then at least if anything went wrong (god forbid) or baby decides it wants to come early you can be there for your girlfriend!

If anything happened or your girlfriend was sick and/or miserable having you in another country will NOT help!

Personally, and I can only speak for myself. If my boyfriend were to pony up to me and inform me he was intending on taking a trip to Amsterdam, while I was STRUGGLING to even get myself out of the bed in the mornings, I would de-ball him, for real. I would not be happy, putting it mildly.

Time for a reality check. The moment you see that positive pregnancy test, its not about you or your friends anymore. Its about that little person that you've made.

And Im pretty sure you're not going to look at the tulips. Your girlfriend is right - you are being unreasonable.

/rant.

I just cant wait to be DONE with this. Im so stressed out. Im so tired, but Im not able to sleep - i just dont have the time. I pulled an allnighter on monday night. I had 6 hrs sleep on tuesday nite. I was in college from 8:30 to 11pm last night and was home at midnight. Up at 6. College til 4:30, come home to do hours of work, and have to do 2 sets of gel nails and a night makeup.

alde wrote: »
    Hi ladies, im just wondering im 15.5 wks pregnant and suffering from headaches nearly on a daily basis. Is this a common symptom for this stage of pregnancy? Thanks

I'm also nearly 16 weeks, and the headaches are a nightmare. I've had them since week 10 or so. I didn't have much morning sickness, but I seem to have been kicked in the ass with the headaches. Sometimes I can't even drive it's so bad.

The doctor said it might be a caffeine headache - I used to drink a lot of coffee and stopped. A tiny bit of Coke helps, or if it's so bad I can't sleep I take half of one paracetamol tablet.

Whatever the lowest dose paracetamol is pick that one and instead of taking two tablets just take half of one. It takes the edge off enough that I can sleep.

It might also be a dehydration headache, so I've also tried to cut down on the amount of salt that I eat, and upped the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nicole22

Ugh I'm only 12 weeks and I'm getting pain in my pubis already! Didnt get it on my first til I was closer to 7mths! And I've been getting pelvic girdle pain in my butt cheeks since 9 weeks! :eek: What the hell! I seen to have way more hormones this time around. I have a boy already, all these hormones have me thinking its a girl this time! Anyone have one of each that can comment on the difference between the pregnancies?

Advertisement