Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind my partner going away before the baby was born? Especially if it was planned before we found out I was pregnant? All you can do is go on what your girlfriend wants, if she really doesn't want you to go then just organise something here for you and your mate, so you're close in case anything happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

January wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind my partner going away before the baby was born? Especially if it was planned before we found out I was pregnant? All you can do is go on what your girlfriend wants, if she really doesn't want you to go then just organise something here for you and your mate, so you're close in case anything happens.

Lol I thought I was the only one! If it's planned and flights booked etc, what's the problem? I'm asleep half the time anyway so not great company haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Nope SarahJ and January........I'd be the same mind as yerselves:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Wouldn't bother me either, although I'm only coming up to 16 weeks on my first so ask me in September when I've a month to go & my answer could be different.
    Hoping to go away myself in September with my mam to a hotel for 2 nights, so couldn't see it being a problem if he wanted to go somewhere too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Oh if i could get rid of my husband and my 3 kids for a MONTH i would.. i'd have some hope of keeping the house clean for longer than 5 minutes. Spent the whole day yesterday spring cleaning with my newfound energy. looking at it today i might as well have stayed in bed :mad:
    On the up side i have the 2 worst rooms cleared out for the party that's in a month. . whats the chances they'll stay clean:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Sore boobs....driving me mad:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Sore boobs....driving me mad:o

It's not nice, but hopefully won't last too long for you.

Squiggler wrote: »
    It's not nice, but hopefully won't last too long for you.

Thanks Squiggler *hugs* For the first 12 weeks I was glad of it, at least it was a positive sign, but its 14 weeks now and it's beginning to get on my wick:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Finding it harder and harder to waddle places now. Nearly 33 weeks and tossing and turning at night, needing wee's all the time..........and still 7/8 weeks to go! I shouldnt moan really, I can't wait for end of June! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

im at 33 weeks today and today im feeling terrified. ive been watching so much "one born every minute" ive completely freaked myself out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Maybe stop watching it ;)

Worrying isn't going to help at all. Try to relax and think positive thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I purposely avoided that programme when I was almost due. I was nervous enough about labour and giving birth without scaring the living daylights out of myself watching someone else go through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

im at 33 weeks today and today im feeling terrified. ive been watching so much "one born every minute" ive completely freaked myself out.

tried to watch that the other day - lasted 5 minutes and ended in tears...just don't do that to yourself, there is no point...
    :p

still eating anything that doesn't move out of my way quick enough. Not good.

Also a bit paranoid, oming up to week 12 now, and my symptoms are subsiding (to be expected) - which sends me into complete panics about there being no heartbeat, and the baby not growing cause I have no symptoms and all?! Is this normal, and is there anything I can do to calm myself down????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Am 36 weeks and my rib is killing me - is it possible to take it out and then pop it back in after babes is born :D still have 2 weeks in work left and boss is being pain in backside - feel like getting signed off for the last week due to having a 5 pound alien kicking my insides all the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Redpunto wrote: »
    Am 36 weeks and my rib is killing me - is it possible to take it out and then pop it back in after babes is born :D still have 2 weeks in work left and boss is being pain in backside - feel like getting signed off for the last week due to having a 5 pound alien kicking my insides all the time!

:D

When I was in hospital having my eldest my boss rang me to discuss a client (and i was actually in labour at the time and stupidly took the phonecall) :eek:

I have one word for you..... MEN!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

I did the same the other night. Watching that woman screaming ii wondered why am j doing this again! Survived it twice,I'm sure 3rd time will be a charm! And I remember getting to that stage on my previous pregnancies where I thought - I don't care what I have to go through, I want my baby out, and I want it out now!!

Sore boobs, sore boobs, sore boobs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Sore boobs, sore boobs, sore boobs :cool:

+1. Owie :(

Sore legs today too! Spent all day yesterday and Tuesday on my feet, which I'm not used to being for hours on end...
    Suffered last night and this morning as a result- my poor heels were all puffy and my legs and back were in bits! Feet up for the evening I think :rolleyes:

liliq wrote: »
    +1. Owie :(

Sore legs today too! Spent all day yesterday and Tuesday on my feet, which I'm not used to being for hours on end...
    Suffered last night and this morning as a result- my poor heels were all puffy and my legs and back were in bits! Feet up for the evening I think :rolleyes:

Good call :D

How far along are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just wondering if the pain should have faded by now. I don't remember it lasting so long on my first pregnancy....is there something I'm doing wrong? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Good call :D

How far along are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just wondering if the pain should have faded by now. I don't remember it lasting so long on my first pregnancy....is there something I'm doing wrong? :o

Feet have been up since I posted that! :D

I'm 23 weeks... I have to say, my boobs aren't as sore now as they were up to about week 16 or so... I think being on my feet the last 2 days combined with XL monster boobs triggered the soreness again! :o
    (my nipples however, are a different story- they haven't not been sore and non- pokey since the first pregnancy test! :()

Moan 2 of the day- today I'm having a "freaking out about pregnancy/ labour/ prepared-ness/ parenting/ all things babies" day... :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

liliq wrote: »
    Feet have been up since I posted that! :D

I'm 23 weeks... I have to say, my boobs aren't as sore now as they were up to about week 16 or so... I think being on my feet the last 2 days combined with XL monster boobs triggered the soreness again! :o
    (my nipples however, are a different story- they haven't not been sore and non- pokey since the first pregnancy test! :()

Moan 2 of the day- today I'm having a "freaking out about pregnancy/ labour/ prepared-ness/ parenting/ all things babies" day... :eek::eek::eek:

oh no 23 weeks...I'm hoping it'll fade within the next week or so....I've come to the conclusion that it might be my choice in underwear :D I might have a lurk around the net see if they can make things worse.

Haahaaa oh no....I reckon those freak out days are only going to start getting worse and more frequent...you'll be grand when the time comes...though I doubt that's much help to you now :D

I'd love if they did like lemas (sp) classes...you know like you see on american TV where they teach you breathing and stuff....that'd be so uselful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Feeling quite breathless today, baby still not turned so its head is still pushing up against rib cage, lungs etc. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

WAT IS WITH THE IRRATIONAL TEARS?!

i cant even sleep. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I'd love if they did like lemas (sp) classes...you know like you see on american TV where they teach you breathing and stuff....that'd be so uselful!

Have you tried pregnancy yoga? We learned loads of breathing techniques last time that were very useful during delivery, as were the various positions and relaxation exercises. My yoga teacher even sorted out the severe back pain I was having by giving me some poses to do to help shift the baby a bit off my spine.

My moan is that I'm still sick as a dog at 12 weeks and I don't have my first antenatal appointment/scan til 19 weeks. So much for any hope of an accurate dating scan!

Have you tried pregnancy yoga? We learned loads of breathing techniques last time that were very useful during delivery, as were the various positions and relaxation exercises. My yoga teacher even sorted out the severe back pain I was having by giving me some poses to do to help shift the baby a bit off my spine.

My moan is that I'm still sick as a dog at 12 weeks and I don't have my first antenatal appointment/scan til 19 weeks. So much for any hope of an accurate dating scan!

Funnily enough, just after post my post I did a bit of googling and pregnancy yoga came up. There were some really helpful hints on the website I found about breathing etc. I might look into doing a few classes a little later. Thanks for that!

My moan for today is clothes....I'm neither big enough for maternity clothes, nor fitting into my regular clothes....went through 20 changes of clothes before heading out to work this morning...I'll be mortified if anyone asks how far along I am and they hear I'm only 4 months :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

My moan for today is clothes....I'm neither big enough for maternity clothes, nor fitting into my regular clothes....went through 20 changes of clothes before heading out to work this morning...I'll be mortified if anyone asks how far along I am and they hear I'm only 4 months :o

I'm the same - have the button on my trousers open all day, but then trousers keep on slipping down. Think I'm gonna have to try invest in a pair of maternity trousers soon. I bought those button adapter things but at the min my bump isn't big enough so they keep slipping off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Betsy18

my moan is that im in alot of pain this week and can hardly walk and sleep!! i'm 23 wks and the pain below is unreal, my gp is on holidays so ive made an appointment to see him next wk. i think i may have SPD as i have all the symptoms, im ok when sitting but the minute i move my leg to walk it is agony. to top it all off i had a row with my hubby last nite and we havent talked to each other since so im feeling down in the dumps today which isnt helping!!:(

Betsy18 wrote: »
    my moan is that im in alot of pain this week and can hardly walk and sleep!! i'm 23 wks and the pain below is unreal, my gp is on holidays so ive made an appointment to see him next wk. i think i may have SPD as i have all the symptoms, im ok when sitting but the minute i move my leg to walk it is agony. to top it all off i had a row with my hubby last nite and we havent talked to each other since so im feeling down in the dumps today which isnt helping!!:(
    hope you're having a better day today xxx

Oral Slang wrote: »
    I'm the same - have the button on my trousers open all day, but then trousers keep on slipping down. Think I'm gonna have to try invest in a pair of maternity trousers soon. I bought those button adapter things but at the min my bump isn't big enough so they keep slipping off.

I look ridiculous...the baby belly is kind of pushing everything around...so the flubber that was already there looks 10 times bigger than it should be...unless it's nowt to do with the pregnancy and I should have calmed down during the 'spring roll craving' episodes :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Stepped on the scales today and I've lost 2kgs in 2 weeks :eek: My sister calls it pregorexia, thinks it's hilarious that the only time I lose weight is when I'm pregnant. My 21 month old has started singing a little song called 'mammy-mammy-bleugh', where he sings my name prettily and punctuates it with the sound of dry retching. Lovely.

Advertisement