Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I've lost weight with all mine except this one. .. although i'm not putting on much i just look like i've eaten too much and i'm bloated. .. :eek: i'm at the hateful i don't look pregnant stage but you can see everyone trying to guess if it's just my fatness or something else. .. and i get to stand in front of a mirror for half the week :(. . . my hair has taken on a life of its own and i just feel like crap. .. roll on the big belly when i can stop trying to suck it in :D and i'm crying at the drop of a hat the last few days. .. very embarrassing :o
    And the itch in my legs dear god if i could chop them off. . . woke me up twice last night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Stepped on the scales today and I've lost 2kgs in 2 weeks :eek: My sister calls it pregorexia, thinks it's hilarious that the only time I lose weight is when I'm pregnant. My 21 month old has started singing a little song called 'mammy-mammy-bleugh', where he sings my name prettily and punctuates it with the sound of dry retching. Lovely.

I almost had no sympathy for you, until I got to the dry retching part :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I'm about 8 weeks pregnant with my second. I'd nearly forgotten how much I hate being pregnant!! The sickness, not being able to eat... at least I'm not as sick as last time, vomiting every day from 6 weeks to 33 weeks! so that's good at least. But now I have a 16 month old to look after as well so can't rest as much! He was kicking me in the stomach yesterday morning trying to change his nappy. Not nice when you already feel like you want to puke! Hopefully sickness won't last as long this time, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

STRETCH MARKS!
    i have none on my belly or boobs (so far anyway im 33 weeks now) but i have them all over my bum, all down thighs and some on the inside of my legs at my knees! the knees annoy me the most cos i wont be able to wear anything short this summer unless i want to show them off! i suppose its my own fault for eating every waking minute! but still annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Yeah I have started to develop alot of stech marks low down on my tummy, just under the bump, they just look horrible but at least I can cover it easy enough and Im lashing Bio Oil at them everyday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Have a kidney infection, hope to get antibiotic on Monday, was in hospital last night with it (had bleeding) but decided not to stay in as I hate staying in there that much, still have low blood pressure, fainting, getting sick, low energy and last night in the hospital was in extreme pain (the bed was very painful which did not help). Worried about her and worried did I do the right thing leaving of my own choice but they were only going to keep me in for another few hours (about 3) and they were not going to give me anything to help with it. Back in the hospital on Monday so hopefully they will be able to help me then when the team that know me are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Cathy, hope you will be Ok, what you have been through sounds awful. Best of luck x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

How much longer do you have left Cathy?

*hugs*

Less that 2 weeks we think, we are being checked on a regulare basis - we know that she is very small like her brother for her weight. Still have that cough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 newbabymama

Hi Everyone

Well i am new here - have been reading for a while but never wrote anything!

I am 23 weeks pregnant today!!! : ) We are sooooooooooooo happy especially as I was told in early December that I would more than likely 'need help' as I have PCOS and endrometriosis : ) But here I am - up the duff and loving it. Although I haven't always.

Had Hyperemisis for the most part of the 1st 16 weeks which was devestating to say the least (hospitalised 5 times) but am over that now -I hope to god.

I have had all the usual aches and pains - headaches, sciatica, pelvic pain etc. I think that I can take all this if I don't get the Hyperemises back tho!!! Maybe when I am as far along as some of you's are I won't be saying that.

Anyway, I know it wasn't toomuch of a moan but just wanted to get my first post out there and look forward to talking to all you soon to be mammy's.

NBM x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

5 more weeks, and i need it to just hurry up. hormones are seriously even scaring me. im a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Hi Everyone

Well i am new here - have been reading for a while but never wrote anything!

I am 23 weeks pregnant today!!! : ) We are sooooooooooooo happy especially as I was told in early December that I would more than likely 'need help' as I have PCOS and endrometriosis : ) But here I am - up the duff and loving it. Although I haven't always.

Had Hyperemisis for the most part of the 1st 16 weeks which was devestating to say the least (hospitalised 5 times) but am over that now -I hope to god.

I have had all the usual aches and pains - headaches, sciatica, pelvic pain etc. I think that I can take all this if I don't get the Hyperemises back tho!!! Maybe when I am as far along as some of you's are I won't be saying that.

Anyway, I know it wasn't toomuch of a moan but just wanted to get my first post out there and look forward to talking to all you soon to be mammy's.

NBM x

congrats! sounds like you had a tough time and hopefully you are over the worst. I'm 22 weeks tomorrow, we can be bump buddies!

Very, very, very, very tired today - and demotivated at work, but can't blame that on pregnancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 newbabymama

Yay - I am only after joining and I already have a bump buddy!!! : )

Congrats to you too - it's all very exciting - you feeling loads of moving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

2 weeks cathy, its nearly over! hold on for a little while longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

5 more weeks, and i need it to just hurry up. hormones are seriously even scaring me. im a nightmare.

I am the same as you, 35 weeks tomorrow.......getting cranky now! Time seems to have slowed down a bit and because i know that baby hasnt turned yet, Im wondering about that now too. :rolleyes:

Why is it that all the food that I am craving (smoked salmon, prawns etc) I can not have. Hubby is disparing trying to get me to eat. Have been loosing a bit of weight (other medical issues) so she is not really growing much. I love her, just hope that she is OK. Still finding the diabetes tough to deal with at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Why is it that all the food that I am craving (smoked salmon, prawns etc) I can not have. Hubby is disparing trying to get me to eat. Have been loosing a bit of weight (other medical issues) so she is not really growing much. I love her, just hope that she is OK. Still finding the diabetes tough to deal with at the moment.

Can't believe you've only 2 weeks left you must be getting SOOOOO excited
    Well done you!!!

As for the food, I don't know if you get take this with your medical history but is Complan an option?
    When I was pregnant with No. 1 I couldn't eat anything for the last 3-4 weeks even toast made me heave so the doctor told me to take complan and try and relax it was stressing me out so much he reckoned the stress was worse for the baba then the lack of food
    At this stage the lungs and heart & bones etc etc are formed the last few weeks are for growing mainly AFAIK
    Aisling was only 6lb 4oz at birth and now at 5 months we are dressing her in 6-9mth clothes already, once they are born they come on by leaps and bounds don't be worrying it will all be worth it when you meet your princess

Have to say I'm DYING to hear what you are calling her

smccarrick had better be prepared to post up all the vital info as soon as the baba is in your arms! :D:D

Best of luck Cathy, hang in there only a few days left (14 or so ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Having another horrible, emotional, teary, overwhelmed-by-everything, conflicting priorities, freaking out that I won't get enough of my college work stuff done before baby comes, desperate for somewhere to live when baby comes, tired, unmotivated, feeling like I'm being horribly clingy and needy and hanging off my boyfriend, generally feeling like sh1t day. :(

/word vomit moan.

Keeping on having morning sickness in the 3rd trimester, very hard to keep any food down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Cathy I had horrible MS in the 3rd Trimester on my last pg. It's because the bump is squeezing your stomach and you can't hold much without feeling awful. I found that high calorie foods in small amounts was best. It is horrible but you're nearly there.

• Advertisement

Am having some potnoodles with mayo, looks like she may be out next week. The getting sick with her has been not nice, has been hard to maintain my weight and I am tiny to begin with. I just want her to be OK. Sorry, I just am not enjoing this bit of the pregnancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Am 39 weeks on Monday and have been having terrible cravings for pretzels - gonna turn into one soon. Can't eat much myself and when i do I feel sick! Aw well not too long now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

bloody hospital never got the letter from the GP (or lost it - I KNOW the GP sent the letter out) - week 14 now, and no appoinment for the week 20 scan in sight. :mad:

just a touch frustrated...

Do not have the energy to pack though I know that I should, Tuesday is looking likely for her. I just want her to be OK, I did not have a pleasant birth the last time so that is something that I am also dreading, I hope that I do not have to be knocked out for the birth though, I want to see her for the first time like I did with our son. Have been spending most of the day asleep, so tired at this stage. This will be my last pregnancy so I want to enjoy the last few days but am also not looking forward to being without my son for a few days though at least he can visit us in hospital. How will I balance my time with the two? Our son has been an amazing joy for us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

liliq wrote: »
    Having another horrible, emotional, teary, overwhelmed-by-everything, conflicting priorities, freaking out that I won't get enough of my college work stuff done before baby comes, desperate for somewhere to live when baby comes, tired, unmotivated, feeling like I'm being horribly clingy and needy and hanging off my boyfriend, generally feeling like sh1t day. :(

/word vomit moan.

*hugs*
    You know where I am if you need a good rant:)
    Pregnancy can suck but it is worth it in the end.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do not have the energy to pack though I know that I should, Tuesday is looking likely for her. I just want her to be OK, I did not have a pleasant birth the last time so that is something that I am also dreading, I hope that I do not have to be knocked out for the birth though, I want to see her for the first time like I did with our son. Have been spending most of the day asleep, so tired at this stage. This will be my last pregnancy so I want to enjoy the last few days but am also not looking forward to being without my son for a few days though at least he can visit us in hospital. How will I balance my time with the two? Our son has been an amazing joy for us.
    If she is anything like Shane,you will be one lucky mammy:)
    What ever happens happens and worrying will not change it but just think this time next week you will be sitting staring in to the crib of a new tiny person in disbelief:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cathy you've been amazing to get her this far safe and sound, in a few days she'll be here and you can get back some of your energy ;) Best of luck to you and Shane and i know in our house we'll be thinking and praying for a safe delivery for you both.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Well 39+5 due Monday, pregnancy has been a up and down cycle and now after frigging everything I get high blood pressure?! How is that possible when it was so low at start i was fainting! :confused:

Was admitted on Thursday and let go again on Friday with the understanding this weekend is the only chance I have going by myself otherwise Il be induced next week

Ah well whats ever best for baby but I wish they stop been so lazy and come already!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Moonbeam wrote: »
    *hugs*
    You know where I am if you need a good rant:)
    Pregnancy can suck but it is worth it in the end.

I'm not as bad today though... think cos it's the weekend!
    Just really feeling the pressure in college at the moment, and I think it's affecting my outlook on everything that's going on, not just the college stuff. :o

Somehow slept for 15 hours last night! :eek: I never really got over the tiredness from the first trimester (I put in semester first there!), but I'm even worse now than I ever was...! 15 hours is a bit mental though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

37 weeks today and dying for baby to come!!!! Worrying about my routine at the moment, or should i say lack of a routine. i was going to bed between 10-11pm for months and feeling energized but now i cant seem to get into bed before 2am and then im awake every 30mins or hour with pains in my back, my hips..my legs. Feel as though im turning into a pain. and pissed off about my stretch marks. Have been lashing on the bio oil since week 24 but since week 34 iv gotten stretch marks on the bottom right hand side of my belly. They are the horrible purple/reddish ones so am quite disappointed in the bio-oil..or maybe i would have alot more had i not been usiing it. When i complain about them to OH he says ''but your pregnant''... and because im such a moody bitch i think 'yes im pregnant so is that suppossed to mean i love my strect marks''??? i guess i dont even mind them so much now but i know once baby comes and my bump goes down and i can see them without looking in the mirror, they are going to wreck my head.

aHHHH... Feel better after that... also feel like a big whinger but hey, thats what the thread's for isn't it?!!!

Advertisement