Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm so fed up. . i was cramping and contracting yesterday and had myself convinced this was it. . NEVER NEVER do this. . . i am an eejit. . . i should know this one will wait for eviction just like the rest of them. . . :eek: :(

I was so píssed off this morning i spent 5 hours cleaning, hoovering, changing bed sheets, washing laundry, drying and sorting it... i was even down on my hands and knees scrubbing my ensuite floor :rolleyes: now my hip is sore and my back is banjaxed. . and i'm tired and contrary.. (nothing new there :D)

i'm actually looking forward to working tomorrow afternoon just to get the hell out of my house.. and i have another stupid appointment in the clinic .. i think i'll have a go with the plunger and see does that get me moving. . :rolleyes: even a walk round the town with the buggy full of shopping and the raincover down in the wind wasn't enough strain..
    I just hope he's as lazy when he decides to finally put in an appearance;)

feel better now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

God I cant believe your still working Cbryd where do you get your energy from?? I find it difficult enough to do the house hold chores never mind work. Fair play to you.
    Well I have 8 days left and every with every twinge i feel i have myself convinced this it it!!! I went 5 days early with my son so have had myself convinced i will go early again. Big Mistake i think im going to be very disappointed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Does it count as daily exercise if you read Cbyrd's posts? Coz I don't know about the rest of you but after just reading what she's up to I feel wrecked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I've a sore throat, can't breathe for snottiness, have a gurgling tummy and feel like I'm living on the toilet. Couldn't sleep last night at all, wrecked now and expecting visitors this afternoon (staying for 2 days). To cap it all off, my poor little 2yr old slipped last night and split open his lip and nose - our first blood injury and probably more traumatic for me than him. He's grand today, doesn't seem put out by it at all but I still feel sick when I picture his poor little face all covered in blood. He's a complete tearaway so I guess it'll just be the first of many :(. If the way baby #2 kicks and squirms is anything to go by, I'll shortly have 2 nutters to deal with. Can anyone recommend good helmets and padding? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33 beanser

I've a sore throat, can't breathe for snottiness, have a gurgling tummy and feel like I'm living on the toilet. Couldn't sleep last night at all, wrecked now and expecting visitors this afternoon (staying for 2 days). To cap it all off, my poor little 2yr old slipped last night and split open his lip and nose - our first blood injury and probably more traumatic for me than him. He's grand today, doesn't seem put out by it at all but I still feel sick when I picture his poor little face all covered in blood. He's a complete tearaway so I guess it'll just be the first of many :(. If the way baby #2 kicks and squirms is anything to go by, I'll shortly have 2 nutters to deal with. Can anyone recommend good helmets and padding? :P

Aww you poor thing, hope your sore throat gets better and the house guests behave themselves.

I gotta say though your post is the only thing to make me laugh today ... not cos your little fella fell over (hope he's feeling better), but your request for helmets and padding!!!

My other son is 19 now, but they new him in Tallaght hospital for all his falling over injuries and broken bones, poor fella! Now my no 2 baby sounds just like yours, kicking and squirming non stop, so if you do happen to find a good supplier of helmets and padding let me know ; )

Anyway, my moan is that I'm hardly getting a wink of sleep, this last week I've been going to bed at 10 and waking up at midnight, then not sleeping again till 4.30 or 5am then trying to get up again at 7 to go to work.

Today they called me half an hour after I should have been in work ... was still snoozing away! And I just know now I'm gonna be in a grump all day : (

I won't mind giving up sleep once the baby gets here, well I will mind, but at least then it's for a reason. Now it just feels ridiculous. Anyway, moan moan moan!

• Advertisement

beanser wrote: »

Aww you poor thing, hope your sore throat gets better and the house guests behave themselves.

I gotta say though your post is the only thing to make me laugh today ... not cos your little fella fell over (hope he's feeling better), but your request for helmets and padding!!!

My other son is 19 now, but they new him in Tallaght hospital for all his falling over injuries and broken bones, poor fella! Now my no 2 baby sounds just like yours, kicking and squirming non stop, so if you do happen to find a good supplier of helmets and padding let me know ; )

Anyway, my moan is that I'm hardly getting a wink of sleep, this last week I've been going to bed at 10 and waking up at midnight, then not sleeping again till 4.30 or 5am then trying to get up again at 7 to go to work.

Today they called me half an hour after I should have been in work ... was still snoozing away! And I just know now I'm gonna be in a grump all day : (

I won't mind giving up sleep once the baby gets here, well I will mind, but at least then it's for a reason. Now it just feels ridiculous. Anyway, moan moan moan!

Beanser, I think yr in my yoga class! I was the one who kept quiet about the spider?

Beanser, I think yr in my yoga class! I was the one who kept quiet about the spider?

no way!!!! what a small world!! It's kinda embarrassing that you recognise me from my online moaning though :D:D

Still can't believe you managed to get through the class, especially when you thought you felt the spider brush off you, you woulda seen me go screaming off down the hall and out of the building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Gargle salt and water for your sore throat. . inhale steamy vicks for your nose and let your visitors fuss over you :D
    And just a really thick bubble wrap headband should do the trick ;) that first sight of baby blood is horrendous :(

beanser wrote: »
    no way!!!! what a small world!! It's kinda embarrassing that you recognise me from my online moaning though :D:D

Still can't believe you managed to get through the class, especially when you thought you felt the spider brush off you, you woulda seen me go screaming off down the hall and out of the building.

haahaa no, it was when you said you had a 19 year old son, I thought, oooh I'm sure some one from boards is in exactly the same boat, then when I saw your post about work I thought omg it's her! :D

I can't either, normally I can't breathe when I see a spider, and you should have seen the size of this thing! It was HUGE. When I felt it brush off me, I jumped up and thought jees, if anyone saw that they'd think I was a right nutter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

...these god damn stretchmarks just keep on stretchin! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Woke up at 3am needing to pee and with pain all around my shoulder blades, went to loo and got extra pillows so thought all was grand, then baby started tapping away, which is light as I'm on 21 weeks so I could have ignored but then I realised I was hungry. Lay there til 4 trying to ignore the hunger, finally went downstairs and had toast. Now lying here totally awake knowing I'm going to cry with tiredness in the morning and it will ruin my big scan!
    Is it really normal to be hungry during the night? I ate my big dinner at 8pm!!
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

dublinlady wrote: »
    Woke up at 3am needing to pee and with pain all around my shoulder blades, went to loo and got extra pillows so thought all was grand, then baby started tapping away, which is light as I'm on 21 weeks so I could have ignored but then I realised I was hungry. Lay there til 4 trying to ignore the hunger, finally went downstairs and had toast. Now lying here totally awake knowing I'm going to cry with tiredness in the morning and it will ruin my big scan!
    Is it really normal to be hungry during the night? I ate my big dinner at 8pm!!
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

I get hungry at night, not every night but often enough. "What to Expect When You're Expecting" says to keep a packet of crackers or dried fruit or something on your bedside locker so that when you feel hungry in the middle of the night you can have a little snack and not have to get up and completely wake yourself up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I find the later I eat dinner, the hungrier I am during the night or in the morning, cos your body is working while you're sleeping. Thankfully I haven't had to get up for food at all but I do wake up ravenous!

My other half has been saying all week that I was going to go into labour on Sunday night, so I got hardly any sleep last night - kept thinking my waters were going to go & then when I slept that's all I dreamt of. He quite happily slept soundly beside me! No more guessing of dates, I'll let the baby chose the date!

I feel like crap, have picked up some kind of tummy bug from Son no.1, can normally handle this type of thing but felt so crappy had to come from work.

Made me remember how bad the morning sickness was on my first pregnancy, and apart from feeling crappy today, I'm just bloody grateful I didn't have any morning sickness this time round!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I've thrown up breakfast and lunch and even though there is nothing left in my tummy I've been dry retching. I feel so hungry, but queasy all at the same time! And I've lost count of the number of times I've been to the toilet today.

So both me and the wee man are on antibiotics. Doc thought it was viral seeing as we have diarrhea and fever, but the cough is now gone to both of our chests so that part of it has to be fought off with penicillin. I'm so wrecked from it, haven't slept a full night in ages between running for the loo and retching from the phlegm and looking after himself. I'm trying to keep hubbie away from it - he's not a great nurse but is completely useless when he's sick, I'd just end up looking after him too!

looks like this bug is really going around then : (

hope you both feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

So so very tired....

Last night baby was wriggling like the wriggliest thing from wrigglyville. And I was already suffering from the phenomenon where you're falling asleep on the couch, but are WIDE AWAKE as soon as you get comfy in bed. I eventually went to sleep, but the baby was wriggling so much all I had was labour dreams. I kept trying to tell my doctor that the baby's head was engaged, even though I knew it wasn't because I could actually feel it's facial features under my ribs through my belly (very surreal feeling that). I think I gave birth 4 times last night, one time a foot came out first. Each time I woke up. My dream doctor does house calls btw, and has a portable ultrasound machine. Also she doesn't care that my house is a mess.

I kept kicking off the covers, (labour can be quite energetic) and waking up because I was a little chilly, and then waking up again because I was too hot because I was totally covered again.

I woke up because I needed to pee, 5 or 6 times.

Twice I dreamt that I had taken off my wrist/thumb splint, only to find that actually I HAD taken off my splint, and the agony when I leaned on my hand woke me.

My saving grace is my hubby, who took my daughter to school this morning so I could stay home and rest. Love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Dear God my boobs are killing me lately, yesterday it was like someone was poking a red hot poker into the side of my left one, I think the muscle may have been stretching or something (gone from a 36C to 38D:(. When I have to get up to pee at night I carry them in my hands cos they are so heavy :o
    Will it be like this from now until I give birth or is there any let up???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I want to counter the above moan by saying WHERE ARE MY BOOBS?!!!!

I had the sore boobs for 3 months, they are all veiny but they have NOT GROWN AT ALL!

I was promised bigger boobs during pregnancy dammit! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Dear God my boobs are killing me lately, yesterday it was like someone was poking a red hot poker into the side of my left one, I think the muscle may have been stretching or something (gone from a 36C to 38D:(. When I have to get up to pee at night I carry them in my hands cos they are so heavy :o
    Will it be like this from now until I give birth or is there any let up???

Are you me?! I am EXACTLY like this. I'm going to pick up a couple of comfy sports bras to wear at night. I got measured last week and I was :eek:-went from C to DD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I'm chewing Rennies like they're going out of fashion! Really suffering from indigestion for the past couple of weeks :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I want to counter the above moan by saying WHERE ARE MY BOOBS?!!!!

I had the sore boobs for 3 months, they are all veiny but they have NOT GROWN AT ALL!

I was promised bigger boobs during pregnancy dammit! :P

I know!!! Looks like the Titfairy passed by our houses :(. Was looking forward to awesome knockers before the bump came along. We woz robbed!!
    Cottontail wrote: »
    I'm chewing Rennies like they're going out of fashion! Really suffering from indigestion for the past couple of weeks :(

Sign that baby has a nice head of hair. The hormone that causes hair growth on the baby also causes heartburn for mama. According to my WTEWYE book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

When I have to get up to pee at night I carry them in my hands cos they are so heavy

I really though I was the only person to do this, it seemed like a waste because they are only 38D at the mo and will get much bigger when they are full of milk. Mad to think 18 months ago they were 34B before baby no. 1.
    So both me and the wee man are on antibiotics. Doc thought it was viral seeing as we have diarrhea and fever, but the cough is now gone to both of our chests so that part of it has to be fought off with penicillin. I'm so wrecked from it, haven't slept a full night in ages between running for the loo and retching from the phlegm and looking after himself. I'm trying to keep hubbie away from it - he's not a great nurse but is completely useless when he's sick, I'd just end up looking after him too!

Hope you feel much better soon and have time to get you strength back before you need it.

I never suffered sickness like last weekend but the worst bit was trying to mind a 1 year old while puking and the baby kicking at the same time. Trying to deposit her in the (empty)bath, where she cant escape, while I puke my guts up in the toilet! What an experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

feeling it so much more in last few days- am getting crampy pains n back ache so hoping it s a sign- that little one is on the way......
    amazing how quickly you start to feel it wrecking you ( i still look quite neat though so people do not realise how you actually feel)
    also my nightly vomiting returned last night so hoping it doesnt last
    grrrrrr.

only 14 more proper days to go............ hopefully baby is like mummy always on time

hows everybody doing

This week was my last week in work. Am now on maternity leave so it's beginning to really sink in now that there's a baba coming soon! I have 4 weeks to go now. Am probably gonna go overdue as it's my first but we will have to wait and see.. Tomorrow we are going to visit a friend, who just had her baby a few weeks ago. I have been wondering how freaked out I will get by seeing the little thing and knowing that I am getting one too soon :P (am a born worrier, just like my mother ;o))!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gtul

i was a bag of nerves holding someone elses baby for the first time when i was pregnant. i burst into tears realising i was going to be a mother soon. when is your baby due?

ETA is 15 November. Would love if it arrived on 11.11.11 but as it's my first, I will most likely go over the due date :rolleyes:

The visit to see my friends new baby went very well - I was also a bag of nerves when I was handed the baby, and still can't believe I am gonna have my own soon, but I wasn't as freaked out as I thought I would be!

Seeing how my friend has taken to motherhood like a duck to water, was a nice reassurance and on the drive back even my other half said he is looking forward to our babys arrival more than ever now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gtul

my due date is the 11.11.11. would be delighted if baby arrived on time,my first arrived on the day so fingers crossed this one won't waste time either.plus dad won't be in the country for two days before the due date so the pressure is on for the 11th:):D

• Advertisement

Today's moan: haemorrhoids :mad:

Advertisement