Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gtul

i'll second that moan.:mad: dear god the pain. my mother recommends sitting on ice cubes or else a really hot bath, needless to say i've tried neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

over the last 3 nights id say ive had about 12 hrs sleep in total! Last night went to bed at 10.30, moved to the spare room at 1.30 as still wasnt asleep and his snoring etc was wrecking my head, read then until 2, tried to sleep again, head just would not turn off! the baby was kicking but not enough to keep me awake, just my head racing! decided to cut my losses, got up and spent until 4 tidying out the attic....trying not to wake my husband or the dog!! eventually went back to bed and fell asleep by half 4 quite happy with my tidy up! It wasnt a nesting urge or anything like that i just literally had to get up to do something as was so restless....was and still am completely exhausted...thats the 3rd night like that and im wondering if anyone else having the same problem! Its turning me into a cranky emotional ruin!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

yep, know how that feels, dublinlady.
    Between trying to find a comfortable position to sleep, waking up with back pain nonetheless, the baby kicking, needing the loo, getting thirsty, getting hungry, needing the loo again, and himself snoring, I don't get much sleep these days either :(

fair play for cleaning up the attic though - you're more than welcome to drop in here and do the same if you're looking for another challenge - any time, day or night :D

bloody back pain is really getting to me - can't move much at all ;-(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

dublinlady wrote: »
    over the last 3 nights id say ive had about 12 hrs sleep in total! Last night went to bed at 10.30, moved to the spare room at 1.30 as still wasnt asleep and his snoring etc was wrecking my head, read then until 2, tried to sleep again, head just would not turn off! the baby was kicking but not enough to keep me awake, just my head racing! decided to cut my losses, got up and spent until 4 tidying out the attic....trying not to wake my husband or the dog!! eventually went back to bed and fell asleep by half 4 quite happy with my tidy up! It wasnt a nesting urge or anything like that i just literally had to get up to do something as was so restless....was and still am completely exhausted...thats the 3rd night like that and im wondering if anyone else having the same problem! Its turning me into a cranky emotional ruin!!!:eek:

...and we have a successor to Cbyrd! :D Pots of Spag bol anyone?

Oh galah hope your backs ok! I haven't been too badly affected with that so far thank god but seriously as ya say it's not like we need another ailment to add to the growing list!!
    I'm afraid my skills don't transfer to the kitchen!!! Dumping crap I've been meaning to sort for yrs - lovely, therapeutic even! Cooking spag Bol or anything like it - disasterous....think fire engines and dirty Walls!! Haha!

Lucky cybrd tho I hope she's getting a chance to eat some of her lovely freezer stock!!

If I can't sleep tonight.... The spare room / future nursery is having it! And possibly the ironing.... Nah who am I kidding.... I've worn wrinkly clothes up to now... Not likely to change that drastically!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I'm finding it's hard to get comfortable at night, and also while sitting on the sofa to watch tv etc. What I did find helped at night was a wedge pillow, I put the narrow end in under my bump which helps support it and I don't think I could sleep without it now!

I kept being woken up last night by thunder, the loudest hailstones I've ever heard, my nearly 2 year old crying a bit in his sleep (sounded like he was having bad dreams :() ...oh and having to get up to pee every 2 hours! I feel remarkably fresh today, considering!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I had the weirdest dream last night - about my fella and (I think) his exwife... I ended up hitting him - in real life... a few times... Just on the shoulder but still... Not the nicest wake up call he's gotten this week...

Seriously can't sleep a full night, between dreams and restlessness and pain... I hurt myself the other night twisting too much one way and that woke me everytime I turned. Which I do alot.

Me no likey.... but at least I'm not up for work in the morning. Currently unemployed so I can sleep for a few hours in the morning after he goes. So I feel doubly guilty for wreaking his sleep... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

So My Legs are killing me, they are swollen at the ankle and foot and itchy on my legs, its driving me insane, Everyone keeps telling me they will go away after the twins are born, its a hormone thing. but I want it to ease now, at night i am awake with the itch,
    So here is the list of what i have and its failed : E45, worked for a week and itch was back worst then ever. My mother recommended some type of Anti irritation cream - that just stints my skin on my legs, I have tried Sudocrem, its so messy gets everywhere.. Calamine lotion, drys out the skin stops the itch, but soreness hasn't cleared up. And today I put loads of Coconut cream on it and leggings and it worked for a while and now they are acting up.
    last week the silly GP told me I could use eurax cream, and on the box its says not recommended during pregnancy... So what now? I want to cut off my legs:( grrrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

purplecat wrote: »
    So My Legs are killing me, they are swollen at the ankle and foot and itchy on my legs, its driving me insane, Everyone keeps telling me they will go away after the twins are born, its a hormone thing. but I want it to ease now, at night i am awake with the itch,
    So here is the list of what i have and its failed : E45, worked for a week and itch was back worst then ever. My mother recommended some type of Anti irritation cream - that just stints my skin on my legs, I have tried Sudocrem, its so messy gets everywhere.. Calamine lotion, drys out the skin stops the itch, but soreness hasn't cleared up. And today I put loads of Coconut cream on it and leggings and it worked for a while and now they are acting up.
    last week the silly GP told me I could use eurax cream, and on the box its says not recommended during pregnancy... So what now? I want to cut off my legs:( grrrrrrr!

hi my friend had extrme itching in her pregnacy and had to get blood tests done as it can be a sign of a problem with your liver that can happen in pregnancy so i would go back to gp asap and get more advise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Try having a bath with a cup of baking soda in it - it has worked for me. Also, using silkocks base instead of soap really makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

my sister suffered from a terrible itch with her first pregnancy too - I think it actually was related to blood pressure (for her - not neccessarily the same for you). She was taken in to hospital a week early and everything. I still remember the noise of her tearing the legs off herself during the night :( She was tormented!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Terrible acid reflux since the start of the week :( My throat is burning. Not sure what I'm eating that is causing this, I haven't changed my diet and I've never had this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

My first moan! Was off sick with a migraine today. Went to the doctor to rule out high blood pressure which was all fine. Apparently migraines can increase during pregnancy and she said it was fine to take paramol (codeine and paracetamol) for them. Went to the pharmacy to get a small pack in case I need them again and they refused to give them to me :mad:

Also, pelvic pain. Ouch.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As other posters have said, if the iching changes or get worse make sure you get onto the doc or hospital straight away.

My partner has ezcema and after years of trying everything else, including every steriod cream imaginable, he now has a soak in a bath with porriage in a sock, (no seriously). It turns the bath water a bit milky but he get 12 hrs relief out of it.

Also Aveeno cream is also made with porriage and it also soothes the itch. Well worth a try, Its about €5.20 a tube in the chemist, it is natural not medical so you can use it when preg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

nicowa wrote: »
    Seriously can't sleep a full night, between dreams and restlessness and pain... I hurt myself the other night twisting too much one way and that woke me everytime I turned. Which I do alot.

I was killed from backache on the last pregnancy but haven't had even a twinge this time and I'm convinced it's because I've been sleeping with pillows wedged all round me as advised by a nurse last time round.

It works best if you have 3 normal pillows and one solid or wedge one (I use a breastfeeding cushion).

Put the 3 pillows on the bed like this:
    [=]
    [] []

Get your head comfy, then rest bump on one of the pillows and jam the other one right in against the small of your back so that you can't roll backwards. There should be room for your arm in the gap between the pillows. Then put the solid pillow between your knees and tilt slightly forward so that your bottom leg isn't supporting all the weight of your upper leg, the pillow/bed takes most of the weight.

I thought I'd get restless being stuck in the same position, but I don't, I don't stir at all during the night (until my bladder wakes me up, but that's a different issue!). It gives great relief from any back or pelvic pain, especially if you get your upper leg properly raised and supported. Give it a go, it also worked for my sister when she was recovering from (non-baby-related) surgery and nothing was helping her sleep.

thanks for your replies, Well, my liver function test (blood test) is normal :eek:
    and my blood pressure is boarder line. but this is my anxiety that is making that go up. I think I am allergic to hospitals.- doc reckons skin is just very dry and to try loads of moistening stuff for a bit. -
    And if we had a bath it would be just perfect but sadly we don't:rolleyes:, Avoid Hot showers cause this causes more damage to the skin. and cold showers well, at least the babies are snug so they wont fell the cold water.:p I hope!
    so last night I put loads of coconut butter cream on the one for stretch marks and every time i got up for a pee, I reapplied it, and its seems to have done the trick only thing is my legs are now yellow:D, and my shins are sore when I stand up- O.M.G this is so hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

right girls...........
    Am in full moan mode today.............

feeling unreal crampy n cranky n headachey since last night..........

I feel crap............................... but had such an urge to nest this morning.
    Almost all christmas shopping planned also.

I am hoping this discomfort is a sign of things starting to happen soon.

sciatica. :mad:

on top of everything else that's wrong with my back, let's add searing pains down my butt and leg...:mad::mad::mad:

Seriously not impressed with all this, I must say! (and if I hear one more person saying that pregnancy is such a wonderful time in a woman's life, and to enjoy it, I will punch them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

galah wrote: »

on top of everything else that's wrong with my back, let's add searing pains down my butt and leg...:mad::mad::mad:

Seriously not impressed with all this, I must say! (and if I hear one more person saying that pregnancy is such a wonderful time in a woman's life, and to enjoy it, I will punch them!)

Yes, me too:(. Wake with it most mornings now. Am prone to it anyway, but last 2 pregnancies I'd no trouble with it at all. It's hours before it eases off.
    If one more person tells me how well I look I'm gonna smack em one! My face is "glowing" and rosy because I'm roasting hot and knackered. Not, I repeat, NOT because I'm feeling fabulous.
    And if I'm this size now, I'm going to be like an elephant in 12 weeks time. I'm sure if I was tall with long legs I'd carry the whole pregnancy look off swimmingly:(

Me three, waiting for an appointment with the physio... for all that will do.

8 more weeks of agony in work, then atleast I can avoid all the things that set it off like... moving.

I've even stopped carrying my 1 yr old up the stairs, I just get her to crawl up and down....I'm so bad.

The most dangerous part is when I wake up for a pee and colapse in a heep at the side of the bed. Even now I'm like a 1950's prud, I always turn both legs to the side and then get up, never legs apart.

I'm going to try Cat's pillow configuration to see if I can self-medicate myself.
    Though it really does sound like swaddling for pregnant women!!

• Advertisement

39 weeks today..... cmon baby out out out!

who was the baby whisperer on here?:cool:

73Cat wrote: »
    My face is "glowing" and rosy because I'm roasting hot and knackered.

I discovered that my face is glowing and rosy because I started to react badly to my facewash...pregnancy glow my arse...:pac:

but ladies, we can get through this! at least the sciatica goes away after baby is born ;-) off to the physio now meself...

I discovered that my face is glowing and rosy because I started to react badly to my facewash...pregnancy glow my arse...:pac:

but ladies, we can get through this! at least the sciatica goes away after baby is born ;-) off to the physio now meself...

unless you have sciatica prior to pregnancy.............

:(

today's moan is my feet are really swollen, I have no shoes or sandals right now that will fit - feel like crying. :(:(, With one baby lying low down and other one sitting high up, I am so uncomfortable, and when I say anything to the doctor, all i get is this is what pregnancy is, a long with my itchy legs, which thankfully have started to behave themselves just need to get rid of the sores! but honestly I think I could start bawling now I don't think i Would ever stop!:(:( i was looking to pregnancy but I never knew it was going to be this difficult!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

today's moan is my feet are really swollen, I have no shoes or sandals right now that will fit - feel like crying. :(:(, With one baby lying low down and other one sitting high up, I am so uncomfortable, and when I say anything to the doctor, all i get is this is what pregnancy is, a long with my itchy legs, which thankfully have started to behave themselves just need to get rid of the sores! but honestly I think I could start bawling now I don't think i Would ever stop!:(:( i was looking to pregnancy but I never knew it was going to be this difficult!!

Eurax cream for the itchy legs. i was given it early on in pregnancy once they'd ruled out abnormal liver function.. it literally saved my legs.. i'd scratch til they bled.. big red patches... within 2 mins of putting the cream on.. itch gone.. ;) once the gp has okay'd it go for it.. i used it for about 7 months no problem..

Freudiangirl... it's hannibal that is supposed to be able to get the babies out... didn't work on me.. i cursed her :D i was only 13 days late in the end :eek:

wmpdd3.. i have my 21 month old going up and down stairs since he was 11 months.. the walks up and down now... it's better i think that they know how to go up and down than worrying every time he runs into the hall if i'm stuck on the couch breastfeeding ;)
    I'm feeling for you all... being the other side of it is great :p

Oh god Cbryd, I totally forgot that I would be tied up feeding the new baby wile my 1 yr old is loose. I have to get more militant about closing the stair gate and every door behind me.

Purplecat, wouldn't you just feel like crying.... Its bad but not medically bad just compounding. You're in agony but not bad enough for a hospital or GP and even if you do, they just say paracetamol..... god I hate paracetamol.

As of tonight it also hurts to sit down... I feel like I have electric shock pegs attached to the cheeks of my ass.

15 weeks to go, time to start the Raspberry leaf tea again.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Oh god Cbryd, I totally forgot that I would be tied up feeding the new baby wile my 1 yr old is loose. I have to get more militant about closing the stair gate and every door behind me.

Purplecat, wouldn't you just feel like crying.... Its bad but not medically bad just compounding. You're in agony but not bad enough for a hospital or GP and even if you do, they just say paracetamol..... god I hate paracetamol.

As of tonight it also hurts to sit down... I feel like I have electric shock pegs attached to the cheeks of my ass.

15 weeks to go, time to start the Raspberry leaf tea again.

Curiosity... What does raspberry leaf tea do?

Just had a lovely dinner out but ate wayyyy too much and have weird pains... They could be growing pains from the baby... Prob just a food baby tho ;)

23 weeks this weekend :)

cbyrd wrote: »
    Eurax cream for the itchy legs. i was given it early on in pregnancy once they'd ruled out abnormal liver function.. it literally saved my legs.. i'd scratch til they bled.. big red patches... within 2 mins of putting the cream on.. itch gone.. ;) once the gp has okay'd it go for it.. i used it for about 7 months no problem..

I was prescribed this by my gp, and stupidly enough I read back of the box, not recommended for pregnancy use, so I quit it and used other stuff, god I wished I kept using it, my legs are red raw now, with big red patches and inflamed, I really dont want to keep taking paracetamol, its not right, Don't you wonder about pregnancy, you not allowed to take any of sort painkillers accept paracetamol, and then when you go into labour they pump you full of whatever you like ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I was prescribed this by my gp, and stupidly enough I read back of the box, not recommended for pregnancy use, so I quit it and used other stuff, god I wished I kept using it, my legs are red raw now, with big red patches and inflamed, I really dont want to keep taking paracetamol, its not right, Don't you wonder about pregnancy, you not allowed to take any of sort painkillers accept paracetamol, and then when you go into labour they pump you full of whatever you like ???

A lot of meds say they are not recommended for use in pregnancy so that people don't just take them willy-nilly, but are in fact entirely safe once your GP checks that you aren't taking any other meds that would interact with them or have a specific condition that could be affected by them. If your GP knows your full medical history and prescribes you something with a warning on it, you should be fairly sure that it is safe for you to use. My friend has the same GP as me - she wasn't allowed antibiotics during pregnancy, I was. She was prescribed a cream containing hydrocortisol, I wasn't allowed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 gtul

i have a really sharp pain in my belly right beside where my belly button used to be:mad:.only hurts when i stoop down but is really uncomfortable.it feels like my skin is stretched so much its going to burst, is that possible!!!!?:)3 weeks to go. hurry on baby i'm waiting

Advertisement