Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Know your pain gtul.. i am due next friday n hope I don't go overdue!

i have bees in my bonnet..... 2 loads of washing done!
    waiting for load 2 to wash n dry

I also made a huge lasagne, shepherds pie n batch of bolognase to freeze so feel highly organised.

If only baby would be as co-operative...........

fingers crossed baby is on the way.......... all my nesting is done.. all my lists practically done apart from moses basket
    cmon baby I am ready to meet you...... n getting cranky also my feet are killing me & I can't stop waddling

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gtul

yea me too although i could be mistaken for a penguin with my waddling i still managed to clean the house from top to bottom yesterday, don't know where the energy came from.

If only i could sleep at night, need to have gaviscon on a drip i have so much bloody heartburn:mad: must be a hairy baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

dublinlady wrote: »
    Curiosity... What does raspberry leaf tea do?

Just had a lovely dinner out but ate wayyyy too much and have weird pains... They could be growing pains from the baby... Prob just a food baby tho ;)

23 weeks this weekend :)

Some people believe raspberry leaf tea can make you go into labour early or on time. Your supposed to start drinking it around 24 weeks, a cup or two a day then you can also drink it during labour to make contractions more effective.

Some people think its all a heap of crap!

Anyway, I couldn't drink coffee last time, the smell of it knocked me over, so I started on this stuff and I loved it, may have over done it though, I went early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

purplecat wrote: »
    I was prescribed this by my gp, and stupidly enough I read back of the box, not recommended for pregnancy use, so I quit it and used other stuff, god I wished I kept using it, my legs are red raw now, with big red patches and inflamed, I really dont want to keep taking paracetamol, its not right, Don't you wonder about pregnancy, you not allowed to take any of sort painkillers accept paracetamol, and then when you go into labour they pump you full of whatever you like ???

I'm allergic to paracetamol :D i've never had time for drugs during labour... i feel so left out :D ring the gp and confirm about the cream.. sometimes the symptoms are worse left untreated which is what i was told.. the benefits outweigh the risks...;) and it stopped the damn itching when i was in bed.. the relief.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

hi all,

had 2 hours of pain last night...................... pain in back bump n legs............ kept going for 2 hours. It was stopping me in my tracks.
    I thought it was finally happening

but no I went to bed and I could sleep meh meh meh!

I also was able to go to my last day of work today so obviously no sign of babs yet!!!

fingers crossed its a sign of things to come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

So I joined the Domino Scheme 2 weeks ago and was told my new antenatal appointment would be sent out in the post, jump forward to yesterday and still no appointment so I rang up. I was told they forgot to change me over and if I hadn't heard anything by the 1st to ring back :confused::confused::confused:
    My local clinic is about a 2 minute walk from my front door, I feel like just walking over and making the appointment myself :mad: I'm an organiser, I like things organised, I hate having to wait on other people to organise things for me :mad::mad::mad:
    Hmmmm I think the hormones might be starting to kicking :o:p

Walk over to them, cant do any harm, tell them you are saving them a stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

why does my tummy suddenly look like that of a gorilla?? its like i woke up this morning and its covered :( as if looking like a pot bellied pig wasnt bad enough, then nature deals me another swift blow in the shins :mad:

why does my tummy suddenly look like that of a gorilla?? its like i woke up this morning and its covered as if looking like a pot bellied pig wasnt bad enough, then nature deals me another swift blow in the shins :mad:

Just one of the many joys of being pregnant!! Don't worry it'll disappear after baby arrives. at least yours doesn't look like the road map of ireland, stretchmarks galore and still stretching. 2 weeks and 3 days to go and really low on energy:mad: feet up, tv on, havent't even thought of what to get for dinner.

yeah.. aint it great the way that NO ONE informs you of the crappy things that go with pregnancy, only the glowing skin (cuz its so oily and your sweating from puking all day!!!) and the shiny hair (everywhere!!!).. Bah Humbug!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

why does my tummy suddenly look like that of a gorilla?? its like i woke up this morning and its covered :( as if looking like a pot bellied pig wasnt bad enough, then nature deals me another swift blow in the shins :mad:

My belly has been hairy since very early on...I was already pretty hairy he he so this is just the icing on the cake! :P

t'is a load of cr*p. I better wake up the day after having the bambino and it better have vamoosed :o i wish huh:rolleyes:

im only 17 weeks.. have i any more treats to look forward to haha (dont scare me too much!!):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Randomly one morning I woke up and found a 3 inch thick hair had sprouted literally overnight on the middle of my forehead!!!!! Eeeeuuuuuuugggghhhh!!! Haha! A swift tweeze and none since thank god!! Nonother weirdness for me other than my gums bleeding regularly when I brush my teeth!
    It's all just so random!! Oh yeah and I suppose the little baba kicking me from the inside out feels weird too... But in such a cool and lovely way!!!! :) reminds why the random hair growth etc will be worth it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I'm chain eating chocolate raisins this morning... couldn't resist the temptation in the shop. Feel sick now, why can't I crave GOOD food, like carrots?!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

dublinlady wrote: »
    Randomly one morning I woke up and found a 3 inch thick hair had sprouted literally overnight on the middle of my forehead!!!!! Eeeeuuuuuuugggghhhh!!! Haha! A swift tweeze and none since thank god!! Nonother weirdness for me other than my gums bleeding regularly when I brush my teeth!
    It's all just so random!! Oh yeah and I suppose the little baba kicking me from the inside out feels weird too... But in such a cool and lovely way!!!! :) reminds why the random hair growth etc will be worth it!!!!

On my last pregnancy I got a skin tag right in the middle of my forehead. It looked like a horn or something but there was nothing I could do but put up with it. The doctor tried freezing it after the baby was born but it didn't work. It eventually went away itself. Thankfully I haven't any such afflictions during this pregnancy!

Cottontail wrote: »
    On my last pregnancy I got a skin tag right in the middle of my forehead. It looked like a horn or something but there was nothing I could do but put up with it. The doctor tried freezing it after the baby was born but it didn't work. It eventually went away itself. Thankfully I haven't any such afflictions during this pregnancy!

oh my god i'm getting those as well but on my shoulders! and little red spots that make up won't even cover, i thing they are called liver spots or something. And a hair that keeps growing consantly on my forehead no matter how many times i pluck it, the damn thing grows back. oh the joys of it:D

Cottontail wrote: »
    I'm chain eating chocolate raisins this morning... couldn't resist the temptation in the shop. Feel sick now, why can't I crave GOOD food, like carrots?!! :rolleyes:

cuz thats just not the same.. I crave diet cans of coke ALL THE TIME and they give me an incredible pain in my gut cuz of all the fake sugar (cant remember what its called, sucrose or something), but alas, i still have at least one a day.. pity its not water im gagging for...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Im the same with the tiny annoying skin tags popping up! So odd! I have one on my heel for gods sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I've only noticed skin tags so far under my arms...weird little yokes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

What is up with the skin tags, I've just developed one between my boobs, it's like having a third nipple, hope it doesn't confuse babs :D

On a better note I finally got my appointment for my next clinic booking at long last :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Damn sciatica:mad:. Woke up in the early hours, and whatever way I put myself, it hurt. Still crucifying me now, am sitting with a hot water bottle, but the trouble is where exactly do you put it when the pain spreads so far? When I stand up I'm all pulled to one side, like a kinda sideways hunchback. Every time I think it's gone, I stand up and as soon as I begin to move, it flares up again. There was an excellent stretch I used to do that eased it off, before being pregnant, but it's too bloody awkward to do it now:(. It's on my right side, and it must be because baby permanently hangs out on that side, maybe he/she is pressing on the nerve. And there was me all smug, as any back problems I had disappeared in my last 2 pregnancies.
    Had a bout of indigestion last night that seriously had me wondering was I about to have a heart attack:eek:. The pain was coming out between my shoulder blades too. Suppose that's what I get for leaving it too long between meals, then wolfing down the dinner. God bless Gaviscon:)
    Sitting here looking out at the rain lashing down, need to get in the big shopping:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

73Cat wrote: »
    Sitting here looking out at the rain lashing down, need to get in the big shopping:(

Tesco online.. i'm still using it cos it's too awkward with a double buggy and i'm breastfeed so whenever baba opens his eyes he expects to see a boob :D

Agree, Tesco is probably the only place my double will fit but you cant beat home shopping for lazyness, beats pizza delivery anyday.

I went to a cousin's birthday party last night as the designated driver obviously! All went grand until Dancing Queen came on and I tried to dance, I had simultaneous electric shocks down both legs and only bearly made it back to my seat in agony... must remember cant dance until baby is out.

73cat, not sure if you have any exercises for sciatica, but one that works for a few minutes for me is: place 2 hands on a radiator, shoulder with apart, feet slightly apart and roll your bum around in circles, clock wise then anti-clock wise.

Maybe run this past you doctor first as it might not be suitable for everyone.

Make sure the curtains are closed or you neighbours will commit you!

Still waiting on appointment from the hospital for physio.....
    14 weeks left to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

I am really, fed up with the rash on my leg now, the stinging and pain is so unreal, that crying just doesn't cut it anymore. I am in agony, and have tried everything, my feet are like to elephants feet:mad: and my ankles are the same.

What does one do? what do you wear on your feet? My father gave me a loan of his size 7 sandals to wear. but I cant been seen in the hospital consultants rooms with them on, I susppose I have no choice. I am so in agony.. :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Got a nasty cold. Thanks hubby, really wasnt necessary to bring that back from work...Miserable doesn't begin to describe it.

And then they say you need to keep your fluids up AND rest. I'd like to see anyone try that at 37 weeks...So far, I've got it down to bathroom breaks every 20 minutes. njarg. :mad:

how's everyone else doing?

well i've had a recurrent pain in my back since 8.30 this morning:mad::mad:, getting worse and worse so looks like today might just be the day!! was kinda hoping to hold out til my due date 11/11/11 but if baby wants to come out today then so be it:p wish me luck!

gtul wrote: »
    well i've had a recurrent pain in my back since 8.30 this morning:mad::mad:, getting worse and worse so looks like today might just be the day!! was kinda hoping to hold out til my due date 11/11/11 but if baby wants to come out today then so be it:p wish me luck!

Good luck good luck good luck!!

• Advertisement

Best of luck to Gtul!!!!

I found out yesterday that if you are a public patient but dont have a medical card, your doctor can't refer you to physio. My doctor got a curt reply to her letter she sent for me 2 weeks ago.

My doctor was really apologetic on the phone yesterday, but said only my consultant can refer me.

I have a hospital appointment on Tuesday but that is only for the midwives. I'll have to ring the hospital on Monday and see if I can see one of the consultants registrars.

I'll have the baby before I get any physio. I'm working Sunday and Monday so I wont be able to stand up by Tuesday.....

Other than that all is fine!! Baby is doing somersaults as I type.

Just reading Purple Cats last post above, bet she's glad she went early, she really was having a hard time of it!!

Advertisement