Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Swear to god I am so sick of puking. I'm 38 weeks ffs! This was supposed to have stopped months and months ago! Just as well I've been doing my pelvic floor exercises or one of these mornings baby would either get retched or coughed out (yes, still have the chest infection).

On the big majorly plus side, bp is fine, gestational diabetes is under control and yes, yes, yes, glory of glories, piles have disappeared :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

wmpdd3 wrote: »

I found out yesterday that if you are a public patient but dont have a medical card, your doctor can't refer you to physio. My doctor got a curt reply to her letter she sent for me 2 weeks ago.

that's really strange - cause my GP did refer me to the maternity physio here, and there was no problem (granted, I had to chase them for an actual appointment, but they had the letter and everything when I checked with them). The physio has saved my life here, I must say! I'm public and don't have a medical card...

It's great that things are so consistent across the country when it comes to maternity care (and probably everything else), isn't it...:rolleyes:

Cat - poor thing, sounds awful! but yay for everything else being ok! :)

gtul - any sign of baby yet? ;-)

my cold is still going, and I am sick of it. can't breathe, can't take proper nasal sprays, can't take anything to make the stuffiness go - bleh. 2.5 weeks to go. (getting slightly panicky at this stage that I've forgotten to get something for the labour/hospital bag etc - and we still don't have names. :eek:)

galah wrote: »
    my cold is still going, and I am sick of it. can't breathe, can't take proper nasal sprays, can't take anything to make the stuffiness go
    I woke up this morning with my Vicks inhaler stick lodged in my nostril. No idea how it got there - this baby is controlling my movements while I'm sleeping!

:D sorry, this made me laugh ;-P

those inhaler sticks are pretty good - but I'm at the point where I can't even smell them at all, my nose is so blocked ;-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

:D sorry, this made me laugh ;-P

those inhaler sticks are pretty good - but I'm at the point where I can't even smell them at all, my nose is so blocked ;-(

Haha - nearly spat out my tea reading that cat!!!!!!

Galah - have you tried sterimar or some similar plain saline nasal spray - or the neilmed sinus rinse - I find that amazingly good!! It's horrible to use mind you but it really clears the sinuses etc and gives me a much better sleep!! I find those menthol ones sting my nose! Also is there something about being careful with essential oils when pregnant as some ( eucalyptus I think amongst others ) can cause early contractions? Mind you if you've only a week or two to go it might be a good thing!!

Serious bump growth going on this week - 25 weeks today - wish I could press fast forward....although then I'd miss Santa......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

The latest scourge to afflict me is acid reflux...horrible! thankfully I've got less than 7 weeks left now (all going well). Oh the joys!

dublinlady wrote: »
    I find those menthol ones sting my nose! Also is there something about being careful with essential oils when pregnant as some ( eucalyptus I think amongst others ) can cause early contractions? Mind you if you've only a week or two to go it might be a good thing!!
    I think I might stock up on them and start chewing on them as well as inhaling them so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

Best of luck to Gtul!!!!
    Just reading Purple Cats last post above, bet she's glad she went early, she really was having a hard time of it!!
    hi wmdd. purple's other half here. yep she is, poor girl could barely walk last tues when we went for our appointment. she doing slot better ,head still a bit fuzzy with everything happening so fast. her legs are some what better. they gave her ted stockings and they seem to have brought down the swelling a good bit. just the sores on the back of one leg killing her now compared to when they were bad on both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Glad to get an update on purplecat, I'm sure it will all be a distant memory.

I was in work today for 8 hours, I'm in agony. All I can do is sit on the sofa with my feet on a pillow on the coffee table. And tomorrow I'm back in for another 8 hrs.

I have a hospital appointment for Tuesday, I'm not leaving without something stronger than paracetamol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Had really bad joint pain this weekend; but strangely only in the ass-bone (yeah, I studied physiology :P ) of my left leg. Sore to get up, sore to get down, incredibly sore to bend even slightly. Luckily it's eased off but OWWIE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant.
    And good god the indigestion has hit already..

javagal wrote: »

Congrats, make sure your getting you '6-a-day' ( the six being Glavascon!)

You could try glasses of milk, everybody swears by it but it turns my stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats, make sure your getting you '6-a-day' ( the six being Glavascon!)

You could try glasses of milk, everybody swears by it but it turns my stomach.

Gingernut biscuits are gold, aparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭illumi

6 months pregnant and have the flu. Was hoping for it to be a cold, but was wrong.
    GREAT. I haven't had it for years and now I feel like Im dying. Why now when Im pregnant.
    Baby seems to be enjoying though(or maybe its complaining). After one of my cough attacks my belly gets abused with the kicking and bumping from baby :D. I start to giggle, and because of that choke some more and the baby kicks some more. :rolleyes:
    Taking paracetemol to keep the temp down and drinking loads and loaaaads of water, hoping to flush all the badness out. So Im running to the toilet like mad. every 5-10 mins. Hope it passes soon and baby and me can have a break :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gtul

hey everyone i survived, had a baby girl saturday night, 6 days early. 8lbs 8oz. She arrived in a hurry in the end so no time for ANY pain relief but i'm all the better for it now bar the stitches!!! came home from hospital sunday afternoon as they wanted to free up beds but i was glad to get home. She's just settling in now and flying it with the breastfeeding. Got a full nights sleep lastnight:DGlad its over with now. Hope everyone is feeling ok.

congrats gtul! was it crazy busy (were you in UHG)?

moan for the day - decided it'll be smart to do a bit of shopping yesterday. overdid the walking - and now my hips literally feel like they're coming apart, even though I wore the belt and all. Plus nasty clicking sounds whenever I move. Trying to dry myself after the shower was nothing short of an adventure...not nice ;-(

cold's slowly subsiding at least though, that's something...

congrats gtul! was it crazy busy (were you in UHG)?

moan for the day - decided it'll be smart to do a bit of shopping yesterday. overdid the walking - and now my hips literally feel like they're coming apart, even though I wore the belt and all. Plus nasty clicking sounds whenever I move. Trying to dry myself after the shower was nothing short of an adventure...not nice ;-(

cold's slowly subsiding at least though, that's something...

No i was in ballinasloe, it was mental busy!! i went shopping friday and totally overdid it on the walking, knew well it would put me into labour. Sounds like i can count on that old wives tale for accuracy:D

javagal wrote: »

I feel your pain...luckily I didn't get it that early though! Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

gtul wrote: »
    hey everyone i survived, had a baby girl saturday night, 6 days early. 8lbs 8oz. She arrived in a hurry in the end so no time for ANY pain relief but i'm all the better for it now bar the stitches!!! came home from hospital sunday afternoon as they wanted to free up beds but i was glad to get home. She's just settling in now and flying it with the breastfeeding. Got a full nights sleep lastnight:DGlad its over with now. Hope everyone is feeling ok.

Great news, congrats. Bet you're glad to have it all over. Hope the little one is doing well, great size too!

Well done Gtul, must have really been fast, you were only complaining of a bit of back pain at 4 O clock on Sat!

Can't believe you got a nights sleep in the first week while breast feeding, you'll have to share you secret! She was a really good weight too.

But couldn't you have tried harder and managed to wait till the 11-11-11?!!

• Advertisement

I'm cranky from lack of sleep... My back hurts and I've 4 hrs left of work today standing on my feet. And in general I'm just in the mood to moan. Oh and everyone keeps telling me I couldn't possibly be 6& 1/2 months pregnant as my bumP is far too small. What do they want me to say - yes ok your right I'm only 5 months. Can ppl not pee off and stop telling me what I should or shouldn't look like. I like my bump and I think it's coming along just fine thanks very much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

i know how you feel dublinlady, timorrow i will have 9 weeks left :D and everyone keeps telling me 'oh your very tidy!!' i would be skinny ish anyway so im actually quite big. anyway i like my bump the way it is. its perfect!

also i have developed a cold with the stuffy wierd ears. feel crappy and irritable!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Just started to get over my cold - though saying that I've had it for a few weeks now so I suppose it's about time.

dublinlady & redfraggle - it's the word "neat" I'm hating at the moment. And said that to my sis and sister in law. I had to force them to stop teasing me then... It nearly got bad. :eek:
    edit: Though saying that, one of the guests at the convention I was running over the weekend saidI walked round the place like a Queen! :D Which was nice!

Well done Gtul, must have really been fast, you were only complaining of a bit of back pain at 4 O clock on Sat!

Can't believe you got a nights sleep in the first week while breast feeding, you'll have to share you secret! She was a really good weight too.

But couldn't you have tried harder and managed to wait till the 11-11-11?!!

she is a great little feeder, i just try to feed her as much as possible during the day then she only wakes once during the night. so far so good except for the cracked nipples, at this stage the pain is so bad when she latches on i can't even breath. hope everyone is doing well, i'm glad to be on the other side of it now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

she is a great little feeder, i just try to feed her as much as possible during the day then she only wakes once during the night. so far so good except for the cracked nipples, at this stage the pain is so bad when she latches on i can't even breath. hope everyone is doing well, i'm glad to be on the other side of it now:)

I swore by the multi mam compresses when that happenend to me. It was horrible feeding him when it was so unbelievably painful, but I used these for one night and they are amazing! Leave them on for as long as possible- it says at least 5 minutes, but I put them on straight after one feed and left them on until the next one. They're on the pricey side, but I think they'r worth it!

I am really struggling with work, I just cant get through an hour without being in pain. I've give up on paracetamol, it only giving me indigestion. I've asked for a job sitting down so hopefully that will help.

All I can think about every day is pain.... I cant wait for that day, a few days after giving both when I can walk with out electric shock running up and down my thighs.

11 weeks to go.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a piles treatment that works? I've been using the Anasol sepositorys, they calm but dont make the piles go away.

I asked the doctor but as they are not painful all the time, she said they dont need something stronger.

I am really struggling with work, I just cant get through an hour without being in pain. I've give up on paracetamol, it only giving me indigestion. I've asked for a job sitting down so hopefully that will help.

All I can think about every day is pain.... I cant wait for that day, a few days after giving both when I can walk with out electric shock running up and down my thighs.

11 weeks to go.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a piles treatment that works? I've been using the Anasol sepositorys, they calm but dont make the piles go away.

I asked the doctor but as they are not painful all the time, she said they dont need something stronger.

Not sure if preparation h is any better?! Also using wet wipes instead if toilet paper meant to help, and eating loads of fruit and fibre!

Im worried... The last 3/4 days I'm finding it painful to walk - my pelvic bone seems to be hurting - its just when I walk or go up stairs or try to lift my leg to put trousers on etc - I'm really worried about it possibly being spd? I have to work standing on my feet all day and can't go off sick for anything for another 6 weeks as I am self employed and have no cover. I'm 26 + 4 now... Think will try get a bump support and some physio if it doesn't go in next few days - could it be anything else?

Ring the doctor, as you said you dont have sick pay to fall back on, so have to keep yourself in good working order.

I got stronger treatment from the chemist yesterday so relying on these for the time being!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

am going on 3 days overdue and no baby

..that is all :cool:

• Advertisement

Thats not a moan, read the charter :)

Advertisement