Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Okay so I am sick. Properly feel like I want to cry retching in a plastic bag sick... I'm in hosp I have a drip that's had to be resited three times. The sound of the machine is annoying me. The next person to ask me do I want a cup of tea I'm going to throw something at thrm!! My ketone levels are way up and I don't get to go home today! And in not even 7 weeks yet!!

Okay I'm through ranting now I just really needed to get all that out!! I love this thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

That's what it's for! hope you feel better soon.

I was awake last night, KILLED with acid reflux! Anyone have a cure for me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Cottontail wrote: »
    That's what it's for! hope you feel better soon.

I was awake last night, KILLED with acid reflux! Anyone have a cure for me??

Gaviscon is grand for pregnant women. Got it prescribed for me a couple of weeks ago and it is the bomb!

Also, don't eat too late in the evening, don't eat a huge evening meal, and try not to go to sleep/lie down straight after eating.

In fairness I probably do eat too much at dinnertime! I hate Gaviscon but i'd give it a go to get rid of this acid reflux. it's horrible. Thankfully only a temporary situation though, 5 weeks left now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

i used to drink gavisgon by the bucketload on my 3rd pregnancy but found it useless . . i switched to rennies and they were much better.. i lost 2.5 stones through not being able to eat properly from refux.. :eek:
    If you get it bad try to eat 6 smaller meals through the day instead of 3 bigger ones, and always keep a snack on hand if you're going out(some crackers or breakfast bars) avoid citrus fruits fizzy drinks tea and coffee.. they can make it worse ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

So fed up with being pregnant at this stage. Have horrible pubic bone pain and really bad period pains pretty much all the time. 2.5 weeks to go - really don't know how I'm going to handle waiting that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Cottontail wrote: »
    In fairness I probably do eat too much at dinnertime! I hate Gaviscon but i'd give it a go to get rid of this acid reflux. it's horrible. Thankfully only a temporary situation though, 5 weeks left now :D

I haven't really suffered with this much. I did get it once in work though and didn't want to go out and buy something. So I went online and apparently bananas help. I went to the canteen and got one and it worked! So maybe something to try if you can't stand Gaviscon

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I love tea and I notice last 2 weeks I barley can stand it. I thought that something happened to water after the flooding in Dublin ;-)

I found that rice cakes with chocolate or cream crackers from Tesco helps with nausea but nothing helps for blotted stomach. I can't stand a smell of any kind of pharmacy remedy, can't eat bananas as well.

cbyrd wrote: »
    i used to drink gavisgon by the bucketload on my 3rd pregnancy but found it useless . . i switched to rennies and they were much better.. i lost 2.5 stones through not being able to eat properly from refux.. :eek:
    If you get it bad try to eat 6 smaller meals through the day instead of 3 bigger ones, and always keep a snack on hand if you're going out(some crackers or breakfast bars) avoid citrus fruits fizzy drinks tea and coffee.. they can make it worse ;)

I couldn't stomach coffee or fizzy drinks at the moment anyway and don't like tea even at the best of times. I find that fried food and chocolate are the worst for it. Don't eat much fried food anyway but the chocolate is the killer for me!! I did indulge a bit yesterday evening I must admit but I suffered during the night afterwards. Rennies helped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

I've tried holding off posting on this thread for as long as possible (cos once the moaning starts, for me at least, I can't stop) but the time has come to succumb. :o

Constant bathroom visits during the night, woke up dosed, non stop sneezing and puffy eyes, went for a walk and came back with a headache and sore throat. I feel hungover, and having a serious case of baby brain, which very nearly resulted in my squeezing soap onto my toothbrush instead of toothpaste. I'm hormonal all of a sudden, which is making me a lot whinier than I'd normally be, I'm all weepy and EVERY LITTLE THING is ticking me off.

I'm only 18 weeks and my complaints are a lot milder than a lot of the ladies who are further on but damnnnnn it's good to rant. My sympathies go out to the computer keyboard, it's taken quite a bashing today :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Saurelin wrote: »
    I love tea and I notice last 2 weeks I barley can stand it. I thought that something happened to water after the flooding in Dublin ;-)

I went off tea from 6 - 16 weeks which was weird for me, anyone who knows me knows I carry a cup of tea around like a security blanket :D

Ladies my moan now is that my sickness seems to have returned :( If I eat or don't eat nothing seems to make any difference, feeling lousy the last few days :(:(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Shuwahh,
    I have the sniffles thing too. According to an app that the OH has on his phone, its common around week 15 where I am at the mo. He said its something to do with the body increasing its supply of mucus, (maybe for the mucus plug forming??) dunno. But you are due around the same time as me so it might be something common.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

think im havin a hormonal week. anything is setting me off. very teary. cried so many times today and eventually just had a melt down of one crying so much i could barely breath!!! no particular reason for this. very crazy. :confused: just feelin a bit crappy now. think my husband is forgetting or findin it hard to see that this randomly happens and ive no control. both my dogs came and sat on my lap even tho they are big dogs. they were really cute.

on the better side, 33 weeks today

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading these for a while and today I feel I need to have a moan... forgive me if this goes on for a bit.... I'm 14weeks and 3 days :D

As you know when your pregnant your amunne system completly surpresses itself so it's bascially non existant.. Well my other half had a chest infection three weeks ago and I didn't get it.. The two women I work closely with, we're dying of head colds/soar throats for also two to three weeks. I still didn't get anything, I was proud of myself, I was also parniod that I would catch something before my first scan cuz then I'd have to wait weeks for it to come around around..

Soooooo had my scan last Tuesday all was well.. AS soon as i came home, made a few phone calls and then set down with sigh of relief that all was okay and then I felt a little tickle on my throat and I HAVE BEEN DYING SINCE TUESDAY.......... I have been coughing, soar throat, ear aches, blocked nose, running nose, sneezing, headaches... and NO RELIEF...I went to the doc on Friday because I wanted to make sure I didn't have an infection and the doctor couldn't see an infection and advised that there was no need to take anti bioctics and I just needed to let it run it's course, so my weekend was spent on the couch under a duvet feeling VERY sorry for myself and hardly breathing...

Soooo today I'm much better just my nose is stinging me and my ears and throat are still soar not as bad mind but I'm well enough for work... Anyway.. I hope I don't get ill again I haven't been that sick for a LONG time and it's just torture not being able to take anything.. I couldn't even use VIC'S... anyway rant over.. thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

I just want to ask, is this 'pregnancy glow' real? Does it exist?

I'm 19 weeks and no bloody sign of glowing, ive spots on one side of my face and on my chest, and I seem to be getting stretch marks behind my knees, which is just damned confusing. My skin has never been this bad in my life!!!

Pregnancy glow my arse!!!

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    I just want to ask, is this 'pregnancy glow' real? Does it exist?

I'm 19 weeks and no bloody sign of glowing, ive spots on one side of my face and on my chest, and I seem to be getting stretch marks behind my knees, which is just damned confusing. My skin has never been this bad in my life!!!

Pregnancy glow my arse!!!

I get the glow when I am roasting hot! :)

I have lots of little skin tags (mmm sexy!). Luckily I'm not too spotty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I too have the glow, well I think you'd call it more of a sweaty sheen, as I'm roasting much of the time:rolleyes:. Also get rosy patches on my cheeks, think Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge. Suppose it saves on blusher:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

moany moany moan moan!!
    Im soooooo tired!!!
    For the last 3 nights ive barely slept....stupid insomnia! My head just wont turn off, when im just about to nod off it goes off on some other thought trail which keeps me awake for another half hour :mad: I feel like the off button in my head has broken....:rolleyes:
    Im getting whopper kicks now too during the night - but i dont mind that, i really dont think its them keeping me awake i think it is just my head!
    Ive tried everything from lavender baths to listening to my hypnobirthing cds and nothing is working! I cant handle it....it'll be fine in another 5 weeks when i can ease off work a little but for the time being work is grueling and this is not helping!! Today everyone kept asking me if id been crying cos my eyes looked so ridiculous - i had a hard job to convince them no its just the tiredness!! They totally think im just a crazy hormonal pregnant lady... which may well be true!!!:eek:

Starting physio today, hope to God it helps with this bloody sciatica:(. On the plus side, GP put me down as urgent, so I got an appointment within a week. So I've nearly busted my gut trying to shave my legs, so the physio doesn't get a handful of prickles.
    Dublinlady, I feel your pain. Some nights if I wake, the head starts, and that's it, I may forget going back to sleep. Think the nerves are really starting to creep in now. Not relishing the thoughts of the section, or the hospital stay. Though logic tells me, I've done this twice before, I'll be grand. But then I think I'm 11 years older now, and something will go wrong:(.
    Is it possible to develop a type of Tourettes in pregnancy? My language has become atrocious, I'd put a sailor to shame:o. They want to set up a swear jar at home, and make some money off of me for Christmas. Girls are telling me I'll be able to put the baby to sleep by shrieking obscenities:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Im not being rude but jesus I just need a p**.. it's been three days :( .. so annoying........

• Advertisement

cocoemma wrote: »
    Im not being rude but jesus I just need a p**.. it's been three days :( .. so annoying........

Try oranges, tinned apricots, prunes. (I was in the same boat as you and had to resort to that!)

Fybogel sachets are very good. I'm a sick puppy, I think they are delicious:)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep, my digestive system has slowed down too. :o

I am eating so much fruit that in my non -preggers state would have me running to the loo, but its just keeping my preggers digestive system normal. Jesus, if I didnt inhale fruit it would be like crapping concrete.:p My big fear is piles so have the prune juice stashed in the fridge just in case - one morning I had a strong-ish coffee and a glass of it and boy did it spring clean! ;)

Moany moany moan....could I please have a full night's sleep before the baby arrives? Pretty please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I don't think I have ever moaned as much in my entire life as I have in the last 4 weeks.... and that is my moan. I cannot stop moaning! Yes I am very sick, and eating is a struggle and I'm getting headaches, and I'm bruised from hand to elbow from them sticking needles in me. And I ruined one of my favourite tops by having a nosebleed on it. Oh and my head feels like its going to explode. And if i stay sitting up I puke worse than if I lie down.... And i can't sleep and that is making me ratty... to the point where I woke up my poor husband at 4 o clock in the morning bawling cause I was so tired and I wanted to sleep (and he had to work today... I'm an idiot :()

But really I really need to look in the positive side... I'm going to have a little baby. And this will all be worth it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

@cyning, Oh you poor luv!!

I have a friend who's partner is going around asking everyone if it is normal to act as you are in the first few weeks!! He's really worried that it will get worse!

But I always say the worse your symptom the stronger the hormones are so all is well.

Ps, you're not an idiot, I cant park my car, even though I've been parking in the same space for 5 years. Also I out the remote control for the TV in the dishwasher. I'm not stupid, I'm just very pregnant.

@ 73cat, are you getting anything out of physio? I am really grateful for it but really all I want is some bloody painkillers that work. I'm getting sympathy from 80 year old stooped ladies!

@Neyite, every day is a battle with my digestive system. I only got piles in the first few weeks and the last few weeks, this time I've had them since wk 22. I'm so sick of them. I've tried everything above except coffee which I cant stomach at all, but nothing works. I even tried senna, no good.

8 weeks left, cant wait!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    @cyning, Oh you poor luv!!

I have a friend who's partner is going around asking everyone if it is normal to act as you are in the first few weeks!! He's really worried that it will get worse!

But I always say the worse your symptom the stronger the hormones are so all is well.

Ps, you're not an idiot, I cant park my car, even though I've been parking in the same space for 5 years. Also I out the remote control for the TV in the dishwasher. I'm not stupid, I'm just very pregnant.

@ 73cat, are you getting anything out of physio? I am really grateful for it but really all I want is some bloody painkillers that work. I'm getting sympathy from 80 year old stooped ladies!

@Neyite, every day is a battle with my digestive system. I only got piles in the first few weeks and the last few weeks, this time I've had them since wk 22. I'm so sick of them. I've tried everything above except coffee which I cant stomach at all, but nothing works. I even tried senna, no good.

8 weeks left, cant wait!

Went to physio, can't say it did too much. Was told to buy a gym ball, and roll back and forth, and round and round to loosen any tension. Thing is if I'm actually in pain, I can't do this. Was also given a big tube of a stretchy bandage, to support the bump, and my back. But I'm not to wear it in bed:confused:. It's so sexy, too:rolleyes:. Seems to be all that physio can do for me right now. I find now that the sciatica has taken a pattern of one day on, one day off. I put my name down for a back exercise class in the physio dept next week, but if I'm in pain I won't be able to drive in..

Today's moan is I was awake after 12 last night, up several times in the night for a wee. Just trickles, not proper wees. Woke then at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep with rotten cold coming on me yet again, and the wind howling. Ended up sitting up bolt upright in the bed in a rage:mad:. Went out to do some Christmas shopping today, and was like a zombie. On the plus side, I finally caved in, and bought some vests, bibs, and 2 sleepsuit thingies, my baby will no longer be nudie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

well i have to say a glass/cup of boiled water with some cold water added before i eat my breakfast every morning has worked a treat for me. i started having a problem in my second or third month so i started doing this. took a few days for my body to adapt but i havnt looked back since. i go pretty much within an hour of finishing breakfast and if not i definitely go everyday. with 5 weeks to go im happy this worked. it is seriously worth a try. hope it works for yas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

73Cat wrote: »
    Went to physio, can't say it did too much. Was told to buy a gym ball, and roll back and forth, and round and round to loosen any tension. Thing is if I'm actually in pain, I can't do this. Was also given a big tube of a stretchy bandage, to support the bump, and my back. But I'm not to wear it in bed:confused:. It's so sexy, too:rolleyes:. Seems to be all that physio can do for me right now. I find now that the sciatica has taken a pattern of one day on, one day off. I put my name down for a back exercise class in the physio dept next week, but if I'm in pain I won't be able to drive in..

This is a carbon copy of what I had in my appointment. I have a column of pain at the bottom of my back since 2 days before that appointment. I said it at the time, but was sent off to bounce on the ball. I will admit it is nice to do that for a few minutes every evening but not after work when I'm in pain.

I have another appointment on Monday so we'll see how that goes.

Last time my sciatica was gone 3 days after I had baby, but this time I'm not so sure. Its in both legs and its getting to the point when I can climb the stairs. 6 weeks ago, I could climb the stairs holding a 22 pound toddler.

I my vest, then the support belt then the tubeing, it knida holds it all in together.

I was also up all night, my own fault. I woke at 4am to give baby a bottle, went for a pee and was awake till 6:30.... had to get up at 8:00. Cant wait for bed tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

physio told me that i stuck my bum out too much when im walking to accomodate my bump. I have a fairly big bump now and am a short arse so dont even realise im doing it...conciously tried for over a week to walk the way she told me with my bum curled in...looked like i was walking around trying to hold in something nasty! and my back hurt even more afterward! ive decided waddling is the way forwards.

Also my legs are covered in hives :( does anyone else have this? my mam told me to put vinegar on them...stopped the itch for a day but now there worse than ever!

Advertisement