Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

well i have to say a glass/cup of boiled water with some cold water added before i eat my breakfast every morning has worked a treat for me. i started having a problem in my second or third month so i started doing this. took a few days for my body to adapt but i havnt looked back since. i go pretty much within an hour of finishing breakfast and if not i definitely go everyday. with 5 weeks to go im happy this worked. it is seriously worth a try. hope it works for yas!!

Thanks guys for your comments, I bought prune juice, i'm having apples and oranges and I'm going to try the lemon and hot water ... usually it's everynight but sometimes that can go over to three days and i swell out :rolleyes:,.. thanks again...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

[QUOTE=pippington;Also my legs are covered in hives :( does anyone else have this? my mam told me to put vinegar on them...stopped the itch for a day but now there worse than ever![/QUOTE]

Try aloe vera in the health shop it's natural and it will help ease the skin and calm it down.. oh you could check if you could use chamolmile lotion you know for chicken pox thats good to ease it... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

(Possible TMI)
    I think adic reflux - several months of it - has led to something called erosive esophagitis (wearing thin of the oesophagus leading to blood in vomit). I tend to get sick at night when I'm trying to go to bed and some night this week I've noticed red bits - like clots - in my vomit. Hard to detect cos of the food stuff there too - and I don't tend to wear my glasses when getting sick. Last night was the worst though, lots of red on the side of the bowel. Called himself in to have a look but by the time it hits the water you can't tell. Went to bed and sleep but am still worried - I've made an appointment with the doc today. I hope he'll be able to tell or not cos I don't want to have to go to a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    This is a carbon copy of what I had in my appointment. I have a column of pain at the bottom of my back since 2 days before that appointment. I said it at the time, but was sent off to bounce on the ball. I will admit it is nice to do that for a few minutes every evening but not after work when I'm in pain.

I have another appointment on Monday so we'll see how that goes.

Last time my sciatica was gone 3 days after I had baby, but this time I'm not so sure. Its in both legs and its getting to the point when I can climb the stairs. 6 weeks ago, I could climb the stairs holding a 22 pound toddler.

I my vest, then the support belt then the tubeing, it knida holds it all in together.

I was also up all night, my own fault. I woke at 4am to give baby a bottle, went for a pee and was awake till 6:30.... had to get up at 8:00. Cant wait for bed tonight.

Yes, the ball is very comfy, but not when you are already in pain:(.
    Jesus, wmpdd3, you poor thing, both legs?? . It's bad enough, just in one!. I have had bouts of sciatica, on and off over the years, though surprisingly not in the last 2 pregnancies. My back was never better. I'm sceptical now that this will go after the baby is born.
    My support bandage keeps rolling down and under the bump:mad:. Short of pulling it all the way up under my armpits, I don't see how it's doing any good. It is nice and warm though, now the weather has turned cold:)

Today's moan, rotten cold full force:(. Have coughed so much I think I have pulled muscles in both sides. Now it hurts to cough. Also constant pressure on bladder leads to coughing and peeing at the same time, yay! I feel like an old lady, all I need now is lavender perfume, so I can smell of p**s and lavender:rolleyes:. I have kept himself awake with my snoring the last 2 nights. He tells me I'm lucky he hasn't suffocated me with my pillow:eek:. He bangs on the mattress in desparation, to try and jolt me out of snoring. All that does is wake me up and make me cranky too. At which point I deny snoring, as I haven't actually heard it myself ha ha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

73 cat - id kill him if he woke me for anything!! As it is I kick him out to the spate room for his snoring at least twice a week!!! Your sleep is priority as its hard enough to come by!!!! Tell him if he can't sleep with you whatever noises ya making he knows where the couch is!! ;)

Did waaaay too much walking today and now can hardly move from pelvic girdle pain.. I should know better by now but can't help but want to do what I normally would and find it hard to make allowances for myself... Lesson learned today tho.. Must try take it easier! Hopefully will be better tom! Also felt like I was gonna puke all day for no apparent reason to the point where I had no dinner...:(
    Moan moan moan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Finally on maternity leave!!!!!

But since Saturday morning, I've had really strong Branston Hicks. These are worse than period pains but not as bad as labour, only 2 during the night woke me up!

I have physio again in the morning so we'll see if they can do anything for my back. I'm in too much pain to drive so have to get a taxi out and back, thank goodness it free, I'd never afford another charge on top of that.

Then on Tuesday I have a hospital appointment. Must buy magazines before then to calm the bordom of waiting. I'd say that will be the last appointment till after x-mas, atleast then I'll be 36 weeks, that was the last appointment I managed last time before I had my daughter.

73 Cat, I'd prefer a broken back than a cold, cant stand not being able to breath.

Pipington, if you still itchy try 'aveeno' for hives you should get a few hours of peace out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Thanks :) but the aloe vera gel has worked really well...i am no longer looking like i have fleas!

Had physio yesterday, tens machine and heat pack, really did the job. No more paracetamol for me. Thank goodness I bought a tens last time.

Over 2 and a half hours at the hospital yesterday. Why oh why do they tell everyone to come at the same time:(? It was over an hour before my name was even called. I was stripped to my t shirt in the end, with a head like a tomato with the heat. By the time I went to get my bloods done, they had finished up, so back up to outpatients for another half hour wait
    But, I hardly dare to mention it, but I have been surprisingly sciatica free for about 3 days now. Think the baby has moved a bit off that side.

wmpdd3, i see you are in Kilkenny! Being nosey, just wondering are you attending WRH??:)

Yep, be warned about there new parking arrangements, all the car parks near the hospital are for staff and all the car parks near the gate house and the hospice are for patients. Physio offered me a wheelchair and a porter to bring me back to my car!!

edit: I was in WRH yesterday too for a 2:30 appointment, I was called at 3:20 and out by 3:45pm. I was pretty happy with that. Atleast I got a seat, cant get over the amount of partners and mothers/friends who sad down while pregnant women sat on the window sils:0

• Advertisement

Yep, be warned about there new parking arrangements, all the car parks near the hospital are for staff and all the car parks near the gate house and the hospice are for patients. Physio offered me a wheelchair and a porter to bring me back to my car!!

edit: I was in WRH yesterday too for a 2:30 appointment, I was called at 3:20 and out by 3:45pm. I was pretty happy with that. Atleast I got a seat, cant get over the amount of partners and mothers/friends who sad down while pregnant women sat on the window sils:0

Ah I'm well familiar with WRH!! And yes, the parking is a nuisance, especially on a bad day.
    What a small world! I was one of the women sitting on a window sill:(! I probably saw you!

I asked the bloke beside me to let someone sit down, he threw me a filthy look! Oh well. Just sitting here hooked up to the tens hoping this thing will still work when I'm in labour and that I wont have become immune to it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm back in hospital and so sick of it... The noise of the drip. The old lady who thankfully is now gone home who poked me with her walking stick! The needing to pee every hour because of that stupid drip... Maybe I might get two hours max if I fall asleep! Having to pee in a jug. The cloying smell of food I am way too sick to eat. People who ignore visiting hours (I really am that sick that that's annoying me... But like honestly 930 in the morn??!!) no television... I can't concentrate on reading!! The stupid blood pressure machine beeping cuz it thinks my blood pressure too low (and fair enough it probably is!) and finally: all the saliva in my mouth I'm supposed to spit out cuz it makes me even more nauseous... Aaaggghhh!!

Sorry I know that's an awful rant: surely the next 30 weeks can't be as bad as the first 10??

Ok your the thread winner, congrats.

All I can say is sicker you are the stronger the hormones are. Honestly, trust me it will be different after week 13!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

The girl in the bed opposite me is 20ish weeks and is sicker then me... And she already has a twoish year old... I think she deserves a medal at least all I have is me... Doesn't make it any better though!! U wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

I miss having a bath and being completely covered in water! Im 35 ish weeks and I've had just about enough of being pregnant. I flew my first pregnancy when i was 29, Im 35 now and find it much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Is it wrong to be sick of being pregnant after only 9 weeks?
    It's just I feel sick the whole time, but don't actually get sick. I suffer from gastritis anyway and I've had terrible acid reflux for the last few days. I'm so exhausted I struggle to get through the working and I've gone up at least a dress size and the buttons in my work trousers r gonna take somebody's eyes out any day now!

Please tell me things will get better!

The DO get better....... then worse!!

But after you have the baby, you really miss being pregnant. Honestly. I slept for 11 hours straight last night after the tens machine, wow, cant believe it. It was heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

I remember on my first pregnancy every day from about 3pm onward the nautia would kick in until i went to sleep. That lasted up until 18 weeks or so - and before that i didn't really know what nautia was - but its as near to as feeling constantly hung over - so to control it i used to eat little and eat often. This pregnancy in the early stages was the very same as before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm not going to moan about the nausea - it comes and goes, or feeling like an asexual blimp, or the fact that I want to sleep for 14 hours a day - my biggest moan at the moment is not having a clue about what's going on!

I went to the doctor when i was 5 weeks pregnant, and they said I would get a letter from the hospital soon. I am now 10 weeks and 1 day pregnant, and nothing. When is soon?

And is 10w1d week 10, or week 11? Is my baby prune sized or lime sized? I don't like being this confused about everything :mad:

*grumble grumble grumble*
    :p

• Advertisement

Ring the hospital, my sister was at the EPU a few times and her doctor sent the latter to to her chosen OBI secretary weeks ago, but when she rang they had her down for a book appointment at 17 weeks!!

After 1 phone call she had an appointment bang on wk 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Honestly. I slept for 11 hours straight last night after the tens machine, wow, cant believe it. It was heaven.

I have bad sciatica at the moment for which I normally use my Tens machine for - but instructions say not for use while pregnant.

Can I use it ? 32 wks gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Kildareash, I feel your pain I too normally suffer from acid reflux. My doc told me to come off my medication when I found out I was pregnant. So Rennie Ice has become my best friend, gaviscon wasn't working for me and one bottle is like €9.00. So on top of my near constant reflux is constant nausea :( which has only really kicked in this week, and it is terrible! I have to work a full day tomorrow in a shop and I know my back is going to be killing me within an hour, and I may find myself sick ( hopefully not on a customer). :o Thanks ladies need to get that off my chest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ah my first moan on this thread! (Rather than clog up the July thread)

I'm 8 weeks today & managed to get to 6.5 wks with no nausea at all, thought I was home free. Then it kicked in. Now it's nowhere near as bad as some women, I can still eat, not puking. But I haven't had ANY chocolate in a week and 1/2 which is unheard of for me. I usually love salads, fish, meats etc. and can't stomach them now! Get very travel sick to and from work & feel ill coming up to meal times (hunger).

Back is killing me, can't get to my chiropractor enough and she won't do any pelvic or lower back adjustments til I'm into 2nd trimester, which is fair enough, so she can only do a bit of light tissue work - but it's not cutting it.

Have gained weight already & clothes are all tight. My boobs look ridonculous! Massive yokes!

Have heartburn on and off but trying to locate something in chewy tablet form that doesn't have aspartame in it.

My skin is in a jock, I look like a 14yr old in the face, and not a particularly happy one.

I keep giving out to my husband and arguing with everything he says, I'm not usually that type of girl.

Had LOADS of nights out and parties planned for over xmas & new years where some drinks were to be had (I'm not a big drinker but I like to have my share during the silly season) and now I can't have any.

But... I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world as I'm delighted to be preggers!
    That moan should keep me going til somewhere near to 3rd trimester when I discover new pregnancy side-effects!

MaxCharlie wrote: »
    I miss having a bath and being completely covered in water! Im 35 ish weeks and I've had just about enough of being pregnant. I flew my first pregnancy when i was 29, Im 35 now and find it much harder.

I'm at 35ish weeks too now. wouldn't chance the bath now, I'd say I'd need a crane to winch me out again:o.
    I'd my first pregnancy at 19, second at 26, and now again at 38, we are great at age gaps in our house:)
    It's funny though, this pregnancy is easier in that apart from a bit of nausea in the first trimester, sickness wise I'm grand. Never vomited once, whereas last time I was still throwing up at 7 months. Also the last 2 times I ate huge amounts and put on loads of weight. This time I'm no hungrier than usual, and only have a bump. I had thought being that much older now, everything would be far worse. I'd forgotten the tiredness though. But on days that I've no pain with sciatica, I've bags of energy. Sciatica I didn't have last 2 pregnancies.
    My moan today is why does everything I touch fall on the floor just because I can't pick it up again easily:mad:?

you have to ask the doctor first before using the tens, everywhere it says dont use except when in labour. It was the physio that hooked me up to their one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I completely agree 73cat!!!! It just seems so cruel... I have such bad coordination now - literally dropping everything and then just sadly look down... The challenge of picking things up is getting bigger and bigger! I'm 31 weeks now - cant imagine what I'll be like ar 35... Never mind 40!!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mink, my skin was desperate at 8 weeks too - all the teenagey hormones surging around I reckon. It calms down once baby starts getting what it needs from the placenta.

You will get to have your favourite foods again in a while. I found I had to snack so kept fruit and granola bars in my desk at work. Came across a strong perfume on the bus once that made me queasy, but luckily it was the nearest I got to sick during my time. Just keep healthy snacking and you should be ok.

Dont forget everyting counts in the weight gain - you have 50% more blood in your veins, you have maybe water retention because the amniotic fluid takes about a cup full every hour from mums fluid intake. I had bloating too, because my digestive system slowed down hugely. Beware of constipation. I wolfed fruit and water which would normally do the trick but didnt do a thing. Ended up having an occasional shot of prune juice (gak) followed by a mug of coffee, and that helped me.

Cant identify with the boobs thing. I am tiny so was looking forward to having lovely nice bazookas from the Tit Fairy but though they plumped up a tiny bit, I dont think they really changed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

73Cat wrote: »
    My moan today is why does everything I touch fall on the floor just because I can't pick it up again easily:mad:?

oh my god i totally agree!! im 36 weeks and everything i touch falls to the floor. on my last day in work i think there was about 20 pens on the floor as well as paper, receipts and anything else i touched. the staff i was on with was starting to think i was taking the mick cos she picked everything up for me!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cant identify with the boobs thing. I am tiny so was looking forward to having lovely nice bazookas from the Tit Fairy but though they plumped up a tiny bit, I dont think they really changed.

Be careful what you wish for, I was 32A from age 15 to 28, size 12.
    Then I was 34B for a year, then I got pregnant.
    I was 36C after baby no 1, size 16
    A year later I am 38D at 33 weeks pregnant.

Thankfully they are not trailing the floor yet!! I may get a few year out of them before gravity kicks in!

Advertisement