Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Moan... Why do I feel just as hungover now as if I had been drinking lastnite?! Was at Christmas work party and was in bed by 1, drank still water all night bar one 7up ( do I can't really blame a sugar low!!) and still feel as if I drank 15 jaeger bombs and ten vodkas!! I was working yest also and thinking its the long day that's done it but ...whoah I'm seriously wiped out!!
    Looking forward to fewer working hours and early nights in with my slippers and hot chocolate in a few weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Neyite wrote: »
    Mink, my skin was desperate at 8 weeks too - all the teenagey hormones surging around I reckon. It calms down once baby starts getting what it needs from the placenta.

You will get to have your favourite foods again in a while. I found I had to snack so kept fruit and granola bars in my desk at work. Came across a strong perfume on the bus once that made me queasy, but luckily it was the nearest I got to sick during my time. Just keep healthy snacking and you should be ok.

Dont forget everyting counts in the weight gain - you have 50% more blood in your veins, you have maybe water retention because the amniotic fluid takes about a cup full every hour from mums fluid intake. I had bloating too, because my digestive system slowed down hugely. Beware of constipation. I wolfed fruit and water which would normally do the trick but didnt do a thing. Ended up having an occasional shot of prune juice (gak) followed by a mug of coffee, and that helped me.

Cant identify with the boobs thing. I am tiny so was looking forward to having lovely nice bazookas from the Tit Fairy but though they plumped up a tiny bit, I dont think they really changed. :(

Thanks Neyite, yeah the skin is definitely hormonal, it got bad as soon as I came off the pill when TTC. It's a small price to pay, thank god for concealer!

I had to change my fabric softener as the current one makes me so queasy, especially with clothes drying in the house. Smell of cat food sends me over the edge, but that's a rotten smell anyway!

The constipation is unreal, sorry bout the tmi but I nearly burst a blood vessel dropping some adults off at the pool yesterday. I'm eating quite a bit of fruit & fibre but I think I'm dehydrated as I'm not peeing as much as before got pregnant and it's very very dark pee. Will try the prunes too.

If I could detach my boobs & give them to you I would, they're just silly looking now, I look like I'm in a Carry On film.

Sciatica is annoying, my uterus has planted itself right on my sciatic nerve going to one side and I can't do anything about it as chiro won't treat pelvic area until 2nd trimester (which is fine - better safe than sorry).

I started crying during the film Elf yesterday... when Santa's sleigh finally took off after getting stuck in Central park. I was mortified, hiding my face from OH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

dublinlady wrote: »
    Moan... Why do I feel just as hungover now as if I had been drinking lastnite?! Was at Christmas work party and was in bed by 1, drank still water all night bar one 7up ( do I can't really blame a sugar low!!) and still feel as if I drank 15 jaeger bombs and ten vodkas!! I was working yest also and thinking its the long day that's done it but ...whoah I'm seriously wiped out!!
    Looking forward to fewer working hours and early nights in with my slippers and hot chocolate in a few weeks!!

Feeling hungover but not drinking was one of my first pregnancy symptoms, it's no fun doing the time when you haven't had the fun of doing the crime ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If anyone asks what it feels like to be pregnant, I always say, it like being hungover all the time! It is, especially when your not sure if you can make it till bedtime and start craving a quick nap between 5 and 6pm.

I refused to let my partner watch elf after I bawled my eyes out when the nun was telling the orphan elf he would be adopted by next year at the start of the film.

Partner says: Bring back the girl who cheers when the kids get killed in Battle Royale!!

Plus I cant do anymore RSA adds, I cant drink, I never speed but I cant watch those at all. I have to switch off straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Haha I thought it was just me that was bawling at the littlest things... I cried watching Elf too!!

Finally out of hosp but they think I pulled a muscle from vomiting in my side... unbelievable :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

3rd night of crappy sleep in a row. keep waking up with pain in my lower abdomen. no matter what way i moved it wouldnt go and everytime i woke up i still had it! baby also decided to what seemed like stretch fully everytime i took a deep breath. then lodged him/herself in my left side/hip. the only bit of relief was my husbands hand on the painful area! anyone have any idea what this is. is it baby and body just getting ready for labour? ive 3 weeks 4 days left. maybe baby will come early. :rolleyes:

delighted its christmas week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

3rd night of crappy sleep in a row. keep waking up with pain in my lower abdomen. no matter what way i moved it wouldnt go and everytime i woke up i still had it! baby also decided to what seemed like stretch fully everytime i took a deep breath. then lodged him/herself in my left side/hip. the only bit of relief was my husbands hand on the painful area! anyone have any idea what this is. is it baby and body just getting ready for labour? ive 3 weeks 4 days left. maybe baby will come early. :rolleyes:

delighted its christmas week!!

Best of luck Red Fraggle. I remember your scare at the start! Glad you are nearly there.

soddy1979 wrote: »
    Best of luck Red Fraggle. I remember your scare at the start! Glad you are nearly there.

thanks soddy! im so thankful im nearly there. cant believe how time has flown. please God everything will be ok now!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

Wish i had a place to moan when i was pregnant.. its all worth it in the end though.I certainly dont miss the sweating, the crying, the constant peeing,fat ankles !! Men have it so easy!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I'm 13 1/2 weeks and I feel like I felt at the very start of the pregnancy. The smell of food is making me feel sick, water makes me gag, fizzy drinks or milk don't work either, I have a major headache and there is nothing out there that I want to eat.

and to top it off my boobs are aching.

It's great to have somewhere to moan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

26 weeks and I have just discovered my first stretch mark :( All my baby books say they usually appear around 28 weeks, trust me to be ahead of the pack :rolleyes:

Was at gp yest for combined care appt - all well with baby thank god. I on the other hand have bad headcd and chest infection. She gave me antibiotic prescription which I was gonna try not to take but this morn I feel so awful and have lost my voice etc. think I'll have to. Today is last day of work for 4 days - at least that's sonething... Moan moan moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Constipation, the like of which I've never seen before. I mean SERIOUSLY i had heard of constipation in pregnancy but this sh*t is ridiculous (pardon the pun).

midnight bathroom trips so frequent its hard to get into a deep sleep at all.

Leaky boobs.

finding it tricky to move if I've been lying flat on my back for more than 5 minutes, which does wonders for the sex life and the amount of sleep i get.

23 weeks gone tomorrow, can't wait till end of April for baba to make an appearance so i can get back to myself

(but it seems so far away, Grrr)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The constpiation thing is a nightmare, Im about 12 weeks now and it started last week. have been taking fybogel and thats helping alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm now 12 weeks and have no clue how on earth I am going to get through the next 28... On the plus side eating and drinking is getting easier. But I can't leave the house without vomiting, nearly fainting or both. And if one more person tells me everyone gets morning sickness I will tell them to f off!!! No it is not bloody normal... I have lost 18 pounds I have pulled a muscle in my side I have coughed up blood there are days when I literally cannot count how many times I've vomited... Pregnancy isn't an illness but hyperemisis is.

I just want to enjoy my pregnancy and have my baby. I want to be able to eat something without worrying how ill feel when it's coming back up!! And I really do not want to go back into hospital.

What kept me going for Christmas was next year I'll have Santa... And a little baba that'll make all this worth it :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Cyning, apperantly only 14% of women get morning sickness, and with extreme morning sickness (definition is that you get hospitalised with it, as in your case) is 1 in 300. Quote those stats back to the interfering know-alls that are telling you all women get it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

so tired today, been such a busy few days, could do with another few days off work, but back to the grind stone tomorrow morning, have to go to the nurse before work though as my bp was up a bit last week when i was at the doc,

so tired today, been such a busy few days, could do with another few days off work, but back to the grind stone tomorrow morning, have to go to the nurse before work though as my bp was up a bit last week when i was at the doc,

Yeah I had to go back to work today and it killed me! Still struggling with a stupid cold which is wrecking my head!
    Started trying to pack my labor and hospital bags - its overwhelming me - no idea what I need or how to pack! Getting confused by it all now....
    House wrecking my head also. Can't seem to get it clean or tidy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My only advice is to leave all you hospital/baby related stuff in one place, like on the spare bed. So other all can find stuff for you. Remember a pen and paper to take down names of docs, times of contractions, feeds etc while in hospital. And more than anything, dark coloured bottoms of PJs!!

I'm going in this time with the belief that if baby doesn't have jaundice, I'm going home within 24 hours.

I remember the girl beside me on the first might keeping her baby's nappies to prove he had a wet and a soiled and then saying' Right so, can i go home then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm going in this time with the belief that if baby doesn't have jaundice, I'm going home within 24 hours.

I remember the girl beside me on the first might keeping her baby's nappies to prove he had a wet and a soiled and then saying' Right so, can i go home then?

Tbh that shouldn't be a problem, I had my guy 5 weeks premature I was let home with him before he turned 26 hours old. He was checked over by the paediatrician and we were given the all clear, by 30 hours old he had developed jaundice ( he was at home at this point) and had that for 6 weeks never needing to go back to hospital, phn nurse called once a day for a week to check on both of us as my womb wasn't shrinking, the placenta was ragged. But by day 7 my womb had started to shrink.

I didn't have to show any dirty nappies or wet ones to the nurses, they took my word for it, and in all fairness my son was hideous when he was born his birth was very traumatic, his eyes were sheets of blood, his head was all bruised, his eye lids were bruised, this was due to the force of him being pushed out. If the doctors had no issues with him coming home at 26 hours then I doubt very much a full term baby with no issues would need to be kept in. Some even go home 6 hours after birth....

• Advertisement

Yeah I had to go back to work today and it killed me! Still struggling with a stupid cold which is wrecking my head!
    Started trying to pack my labor and hospital bags - its overwhelming me - no idea what I need or how to pack! Getting confused by it all now....
    House wrecking my head also. Can't seem to get it clean or tidy!

Have plenty of clean knickers and dark bottoms, stuff for a shower including a towel, loads of st's, if you forget anything I'm sure someone will pick it up for you. Have stuff for labour ward in a separate bag, a nice handy bag or leave it in a plastic bag in the top of your main bag. A face cloth is handy if your in labour a long time as your fore head will be really hot and sweaty.

I lost my Shoes during my last labour, I was wearing them to the labour ward and when I got transferred to the ward I forgot them it wasn't until I was going home that I went looking for them. They never turned up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

9weeks today, and feeling fair **** to be honest, feeling bloated and sick all day, hope to feel better tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

I'm 14 weeks and have had a migraine for 2 days and panadol just won't work!! I've always got migraines and used to take prescription painkillers but they're a no no now!! Just wondering if anyone has any tips about how to ease the pain! OH is in bed snoring which isn't helping!!!

lmullen wrote: »
    I'm 14 weeks and have had a migraine for 2 days and panadol just won't work!! I've always got migraines and used to take prescription painkillers but they're a no no now!! Just wondering if anyone has any tips about how to ease the pain! OH is in bed snoring which isn't helping!!!

Oh my heart goes out to you, when i get a migraine nothing works only medication, wake up your other half and tell him to stop snoring ;). shove him out to the spare room.... or the couch....

Try to relax and get some sleep, massage your temples not sure if its clockwise or anti clockwise (i do it both ways) maybe also a cold compress to the fore head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

God I am so cranky and down. I am between 5 and 6 weeks and like an anti-Christ. I cried my eyes out yesterday because my boobs hurt and I was sick of peeing, and yes, I know how pathetic that sounds. Feel like my body has been taken over with the worse dose of PMT I've ever had in my life. I have to go and get bigger bras today (ALREADY!) because my hubby's eyes nearly fell out of his head the other night when I walked towards him (it was kind of funny watching him do that MUST.NOT.LOOK.AT.CHEST eyeball struggle) and I am the proud owner of double boobs in all my bras. Seriously though, I am very weepy, very sensitive and feel very very bad for being so moody. Am worried it will never pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I have the worst head cold ever :( any tips to shift it? 13weeks sunday woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Wish my digestive system would get back to normal...never know when I will need to go to the toilet, then go for 2 days without going, farty all the time! Also, everyone keeps telling me to sleep now cos I won't sleep when the little fella arrives, but I haven't slept well now any night for the last two weeks!
    And would it kill someone to make me a cup of tea? Seems like cos I don't have major complaints and that I'm tidy and coping well that everything thinks I don't need tlc?

On the plus side, I will get to meet my little man in 7 weeks!

Wish my digestive system would get back to normal...never know when I will need to go to the toilet, then go for 2 days without going, farty all the time! Also, everyone keeps telling me to sleep now cos I won't sleep when the little fella arrives, but I haven't slept well now any night for the last two weeks!
    And would it kill someone to make me a cup of tea? Seems like cos I don't have major complaints and that I'm tidy and coping well that everything thinks I don't need tlc?

7 weeks 2 days to go for me!!! Not that I'm counting... But yes ivy I completely agree - just cos my bump is on the smaller side I think even my husband forgets to give me tlc!! I mean I also have a 5lb baby between me and the floor when I have to bend over - and it's no more tricking comfortable just cos it's not sticking out as much!!!
    I can't sleep , I need to pee or my tummy hurts and I wake and then can't go back to sleep cos my mind is racing or my little girl starts kicking. I do t mind the kicking - its reassuring but wow she picks her moments!!!
    I can't walk for longer than 5 mins without having to stop from pain and considering I was running 20 miles a week this time last yr I'm a little frustrated.
    I'm tired and don't want to work today or Tom..

7 weeks 2 days to go for me!!! Not that I'm counting... But yes ivy I completely agree - just cos my bump is on the smaller side I think even my husband forgets to give me tlc!! I mean I also have a 5lb baby between me and the floor when I have to bend over - and it's no more tricking comfortable just cos it's not sticking out as much!!!
    I can't sleep , I need to pee or my tummy hurts and I wake and then can't go back to sleep cos my mind is racing or my little girl starts kicking. I do t mind the kicking - its reassuring but wow she picks her moments!!!
    I can't walk for longer than 5 mins without having to stop from pain and considering I was running 20 miles a week this time last yr I'm a little frustrated.

Did I mention my boobs are burning!

• Advertisement

i totally agree with you and ivy!! my bump is also on the smaller side and sometimes i think why am i not gettin all this attention im suppose to be!! i dont even want much, a back rub or foot rub or even just a cuddle!!!! i tend to continue on as normal and am still able (well kind of able!:rolleyes:) to dostuff and i think this makes ppl think as sure shes grand! doesnt mean i wouldnt like a bit of attention or im not as tired as hell!!

my tummy hust during the night and sometimes i get pains in my bump aswell if its not supported properly. as for sleep. maybe an hour or 2 before im awake for the loo and then cant sleep for ages cos pain in my belly. these are prob minor complaints and i am grateful for that but still.

i even forget about my bump sometimes. ive hit it so many times today. just little taps off things.:rolleyes:

but i am soooo excited and cant wait to meet my little baby. im also interested to see whats its like to sleep on my belly again!! :D

Advertisement