Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

9 weeks and soooooooooooo sick I have no life for the last 3 weeks. Can`t sleep with cramps waking me and terrible nightmares. I have to pee ALL the time. My head hurts. My boobs are so sore and I keep banging into things! I don`t like my clothes there all tight, they`re hurting me and I`ve no energy to buy new ones I`ll just stay in bed. I can`t stop crying. I feel guilty cause I can`t eat anything poor baba`s getting no protein. And mother/mother in law and grandmother are all annoying me - no sympathy at all telling about how they just got on with it and had there babies in de field and went back to work :mad:.

Well at least hubby is being lovely :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

theg81der wrote: »
    9 weeks and soooooooooooo sick I have no life for the last 3 weeks. Can`t sleep with cramps waking me and terrible nightmares. I have to pee ALL the time. My head hurts. My boobs are so sore and I keep banging into things! I don`t like my clothes there all tight, they`re hurting me and I`ve no energy to buy new ones I`ll just stay in bed. I can`t stop crying. I feel guilty cause I can`t eat anything poor baba`s getting no protein. And mother/mother in law and grandmother are all annoying me - no sympathy at all telling about how they just got on with it and had there babies in de field and went back to work :mad:.

Well at least hubby is being lovely :).

sounds exactly like me, im not alone thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No, there's def a pair of ye in it!!

My sister is just past the 12 weeks stage, I'm 8 months. She really suffered badly, her back was shot, she was knackered and she couldnt eat. But, she got no sympathy, I got it all!!

In saying that I wouldn't do the first 12 weeks again for anyone. Atleast this time I didnt know I was doing the first 12 weeks.

Ye will find things that work for you, I wouldnt be too bother about what you eat as long as you do eat, empty stomach = nausea. Treat yourselves to a pair of jersey PJ's in the sales in a size bigger than ye are now, you should get a few months out of them and they will be heaven to get into.

Just think of the day at 13 weeks when you wake up and think, bloody hell, I'm not sick.....Wahoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No, there's def a pair of ye in it!!

My sister is just past the 12 weeks stage, I'm 8 months. She really suffered badly, her back was shot, she was knackered and she couldnt eat. But, she got no sympathy, I got it all!!

In saying that I wouldn't do the first 12 weeks again for anyone. Atleast this time I didnt know I was doing the first 12 weeks.

Ye will find things that work for you, I wouldnt be too bother about what you eat as long as you do eat, empty stomach = nausea. Treat yourselves to a pair of jersey PJ's in the sales in a size bigger than ye are now, you should get a few months out of them and they will be heaven to get into.

Just think of the day at 13 weeks when you wake up and think, bloody hell, I'm not sick.....Wahoo!!

yeah i agree. it prob doesnt feel like it now but by week 13/14 yas should be feeling much better. its kind of all of a sudden im not sick anymore!! but i remember thinking i was never goin to feel better and no one tells you how bad you will really feel!! i do think the first 12 weeks are the worst. i know there can be lots of pain and all after that stage but for me feelin/gettin sick was def the worst. im now playing the waiting game with 2 weeks to go. its so hard!! i have to say time has flown though! this will prob be the longest 2 weeks ever!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

This!! I am now getting maybe two hours where I dont want to puke, dont feel sick, where I think this will all pass!! The sheer bliss of it is just amazing :D

Now if I could just shift this kidney infection without taking the antibiotics I was given all would be good :D

• Advertisement

im looking forward to that feeling normal again :)

im looking forward to that feeling normal again :)

Oh no, you wont feel normal..... you will just get to keep your toast down!! Next you'll start crying everytime you see a cuddly toy or a child wearing a cast!!

@ Cyning.... you really have it bad. Atleast you're not in hospital anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh no, you wont feel normal..... you will just get to keep your toast down!! Next you'll start crying everytime you see a cuddly toy or a child wearing a cast!!

@ Cyning.... you really have it bad. Atleast you're not in hospital anymore...

Oh god I have turned into a blubbering wreck over Christmas... my poor husband laughed at me so much he fell off the couch... served him right! Ya delighted I managed to stay out of hospital :D I'm almost afraid to tell people when I have to go to doc or if i get sick anymore... I think people must think I'm exaggerating/lying/hypochondriac!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh God I woke up this morning with the most horrible feeling of forboding. I am thoroughly stressed and on the verge of tears :(

I have been trying to set up my own business for the last couple of months but due to my pregnancy and breaking my ankle I will be unable to continue this work as it's just too dangerous for baby. So i am busy applying for jobs at the moment but I am just so stressed out about money. My fiancee is a dairy farmer and his income is pittance and I need my own income to help out especially when baby comes so I am freaked out about what is going to happen. I am really really worried. I know he will do anything to support me but I am just at a loss at what to do......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

My newest moan: I'm 12 weeks along and am still dealing with morning sickness. That's bad enough but for some reason I frequently, erm, lose my stomach while in the shower. Something about having soap and shampoo so close to my mouth and nose makes me lose it. I just stand there with my eyes closed hoping that the mess will be down the drain before I open them again.

I've lost all sorts of dignity these past few weeks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

at least you are in the right place for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

Haha--so true! No rushing to the bathroom (kitchen sink, bin, outstretched hand...whatever is available)!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Newest moan: spending the day walking around town when you're dosed with cold is not a good idea when EVERY TIME you sneeze you nearly wet yourself a little bit. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hey first time posting on the moan thread! Nearly 10 weeks gone now, have to say I really can't wait til 13/14 weeks and I can enjoy my food again :D

Also, what the hell is with these hormones- ever since I became pregnant I have SERIOUS road rage, I'm afraid to get in the car now!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

33 weeks - totally exhausted, bending over feels so strange - the house is a kip after the hols so have a lot of tidying to do and finding my bump aches if I moving too much or bending too much! Still tho... Only 6 weeks 5 days to go.... Getting very excited!!!! Still need to get some bits for hospital bag tho!

god being in work sucks while your suffering from morning sickness, and to make matters worse i work in a dentist surgery and the smell of the place is making me wretch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

god being in work sucks while your suffering from morning sickness, and to make matters worse i work in a dentist surgery and the smell of the place is making me wretch :(

I know I whinge about being out of work but thank god right now cause I don`t know how I would manage with ms. You poor thing!

well heres my moan. i have a chest cold and have to take antibiotics with only 2 weeks to go!:( i am ragin. i escaped all pregnancy without tablets but i can barely breath now with the blocked nose and chest pain. i think its getting better as the cough has become more chesty. doc said better to take the tablets now and be cleared up before labour.

also babies movement was very small yesterday and i did everything to make it move. all the usual didnt work. rang hosp and they brought me down to do tracing. soon as they put the moniter on, baby decided to have a party which was great but couldnt have done it earlier???:rolleyes: great reassurance tho to know it was quiet all day and was fine. my baby is such a messer i bet it wont come on time!!:rolleyes:

on the happy side i am 38 weeks 4 days.:D:D had hosp appt today and babies head is well down and baby is doin fine. estimated weight will be around 7 lb!!! cant wait. gona try take it easy from now on and recover from this chest thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I want to moan but don't know where to start.... Had physio today and now in total bits, can't really walk or sit.. Have given up and gone to bed for hope of sleeping they the pain. Tiredness hit me like a bullet today - had been ok that way until now. Now I just want to cry cos everything seems so hard cos I'm so tired. Feel guilty can't do anything round house to help husband whose being brilliant. Feel bad for him cos it's sh&te for him too. Afraid of a full more 6&1/2 weeks if this. Realise it's most likely a mood swing... That's pee'ing me off too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

DL I am painfully tired at the moment, OH even took down the decorations for me yesterday, that's a big deal for me cos I normally have OCD as to how they are packed away!!!!
    If I sit down for more than two minutes I fall asleep, I'm acutally afraid to drive half the time :rolleyes: Can't believe I've another 12 weeks of this, I'm so over being pregnant, which makes me feel gulity because I feel like I'm saying something bad about my baby, I love him but I would just like someone else to carry him around for even just a day :o

• Advertisement

36 weeks and the novelty of being pregnant has really worn off. I went shopping yesterday and really over did it. I couldnt walk this morning, other half had to get other baby up and mind her till her nap. I stayed in bed till 2:00pm then decided I'd completely clean the bathroom from top to bottom and throw out all the cosmetics I don't use anymore.

Then... went back to bed.

Can't wait to be un-pregnant. Its the feeling that if baby was born tomorrow, he would probably be fine as he's just off full term.

I've been on the tens machine with over an hour and it still feels the same.

Come on baby, get a move on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Well I think easy times are over officially...

Yesterday was incredibly uncomfortable. The bump is so tight, every time the baby moved, it felt like he was going to burst out of my tummy. Also my bump has gotten really really heavy, so hard to move.

Still, only about 6 weeks to go.

im the same. and i think bout 36 weeks is when i started wanting baby out!! im now in my 39th week. officially 39 weeks fri and cant wait for baby to arrive. my sister in law was brought in today and will be induced today/tomorrow.she was due xmas day. i really dont want this to happen to me. think ill go crazy if i go over.

gettin really excited about meeting baby now and finding out if its a boy or girl and what colour hair it will have etc :D

Had to go to the nurse today to get bloods done after 20mins of trying i finally had to ask her to stop was in so much pain, have to go back now monday morning to see the doc instead.....

On the up side im 10 weeks tomorrow :)

Had to go to the nurse today to get bloods done after 20mins of trying i finally had to ask her to stop was in so much pain, have to go back now monday morning to see the doc instead.....

On the up side im 10 weeks tomorrow :)

On the plus side, that first lot of blood tests are the most they'll ask you to do in one go! :)

well thats good anyway :)

on the down side woke up this morning with a massive head cold, im feeling miserable, headache, blocked nose, feeling a bit dizzy too, is there anything i can take or do for it???

on the down side woke up this morning with a massive head cold, im feeling miserable, headache, blocked nose, feeling a bit dizzy too, is there anything i can take or do for it???

You are allowed to take paracetemol while pregnant (ask your GP over the phone just to be sure) so that will help with the headache. Drink lots of water, and lots of oranges!

If it only a stuffed nose and a headache, it could be the effects of the pregnancy hormone, I had a stuffed up nose for 5 months, 12 weeks to delivery date. If its really bad the doctor can recommend an over the counter medicine.

If its a cold, then as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

I'm 12 weeks today. This is my 4th pregnancy but this is the furthest I've ever gotten. But oh my god, I'm so sick. I haven't been able to go back to work after Christmas. I've been sick for about 6 weeks now and it just feels like it's never goin to end. I'm so greatful and happy to be finally having a healthy pregnancy so I feel bad for whinging but I wish I could just go to bed til this clears!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

nix84 wrote: »
    I'm 12 weeks today. This is my 4th pregnancy but this is the furthest I've ever gotten. But oh my god, I'm so sick. I haven't been able to go back to work after Christmas. I've been sick for about 6 weeks now and it just feels like it's never goin to end. I'm so greatful and happy to be finally having a healthy pregnancy so I feel bad for whinging but I wish I could just go to bed til this clears!

Don't feel bad, the sickness is horrible and can be really draining if you're vomiting constantly. I found myself so cranky and emotional because i felt so crap, at times I was wishing I wasn't pregnant, and I only had it bad for a month, it disappeared completely by my 13th week. Believe me, once the sickness has passed, you forget about it altogether and start focussing on all the good points of pregnancy :)

Advertisement