Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

nix84 wrote: »
    I'm 12 weeks today. This is my 4th pregnancy but this is the furthest I've ever gotten. But oh my god, I'm so sick. I haven't been able to go back to work after Christmas. I've been sick for about 6 weeks now and it just feels like it's never goin to end. I'm so greatful and happy to be finally having a healthy pregnancy so I feel bad for whinging but I wish I could just go to bed til this clears!

I wouldn't worry about not working: i havent worked since 6 weeks with sickness (im 13w3d now) and i wont be back before end of month at earliest... you have to do whats best for you and babs :) I know exactly what you mean about feeling like it will never ever end... but it will apparently :D

I am dying today I am so so so tired... my husband went to work at 7 am this morn and I was still awake. i dont sleep during the day, i dont sleep at night and the tireder I get the worse the nausea gets... the more nauseus I get the less sleep I get... viscious circle :mad:

Back in hospital vomiting blood things are so bad: 3 goes and 7 hours to get an iv going... More medicine to bring down inflammation in my stomach and I hate taking anything in case it hurts babs... I always wanted 3/4 kids... That's it one is what I'm having... I cannot go through this again... I'm weak and exhausted and I keep crying when they come near me with a needle: which is so childish but I just can't help it... Everyone's so nice and I just feel so bad for crying on them! And I know people tell me I'll forget about how sick I am... How could I forget this? Are they mad...

I feel like I do nothing but moan anymore... Sorry :( I'm sure ye're sick of listening to me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

cyning wrote: »
    Back in hospital vomiting blood things are so bad: 3 goes and 7 hours to get an iv going... More medicine to bring down inflammation in my stomach and I hate taking anything in case it hurts babs... I always wanted 3/4 kids... That's it one is what I'm having... I cannot go through this again... I'm weak and exhausted and I keep crying when they come near me with a needle: which is so childish but I just can't help it... Everyone's so nice and I just feel so bad for crying on them! And I know people tell me I'll forget about how sick I am... How could I forget this? Are they mad...

I feel like I do nothing but moan anymore... Sorry :( I'm sure ye're sick of listening to me!!!

Cunning you poor thing! Please moan away!!! What ur going thru is not normal morning sickness and if ppl don't understand that then ignore them! Just rest and mind yourself as much as you can , no one would blame u for bein sick of the sight of needles. Hope ur ok , come and rant as often as it helps, thinking of ya with lots of sympathy, it's a seriously rough time your havin! X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I agree, I was only talking about this with my sister in law, she has 4 kids the 3rd one she was ill from the days she found out until the day she had her. The other 3, it was only the 12 weeks and the 2 weeks before she had them. Because it was her third, we all thought it was just same as the others but a bit worse, but she was in agony, she didnt need the hospital, but lost a fair bit of weight.

Her third, is now a bouncing 3 year old little lady thats one in a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh you poor thing, sounds like you are having justify worst time of it, i know your pain with the needles i have tbd worlds worst veins, i have been to my nurse 3times now for my 1st lot of bloods and still no joy so Im eventually getting to see a doc nor him to try on Monday morning and even thinking about it makes me cry x

come on and rant whenever you want ye are all here to support each other x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh Cyning, you poor thing. Sending you virtual hugs.

I'm sure the nurses r well used to that reaction when they come at people with needles!

Just take each day as it comes. Hope things start to improve for u soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Big hugs Cyning! Moan away!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

Ya poor thing, that is so terrible. Thought I was sick but it's nothing compared to you. I hope it gets better for you :)

Thanks everyone... It's just so hard when you want something so badly and then you've the constant stress of being so horrendously sick all the time... I wouldn't wish how sick I am on my worst enemy... Hopefully the effects of the drip will start clearing ketones soon and I'll start to improve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hugs Cyning, hearing what people like you are going through makes me feel guilty for moaning about trival things. Hope you are feeling better soon x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We're not sick of listening to you and you can remind yourself how you survived it when your holding you baby by looking back over your posts. You'll piss yourself laughing.....I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

would you consider going to Reikki? I found it amazing with my morning sickness. Just a thought. Hope your feeling better. xx

Frickin headcold killin me - tried to use a saline sinus rinse and whatever I've done the pressure it's caused in my head has made me feel like its going to explode! Such a bad bad headache - I've taken two paracetamol and they don't seem to be helping, I swear if I could stick a knitting needle in my ears to try relieve the pressure... Hmm mite make things worse! ;)
    If this doesn't go there'll be no sleep and plenty crankiness tonight. And there was I thinking I was doing the right thing with the sinus rinse to avoid taking anything... Bloody ridiculous! Crying makes it worse so I've given up on that! 34 weeks tomorrow , would love to think I'd go 2-3 weeks early and only have 3 left! The babies furniture arrived today which was nice - its mental seeing a cot etc! Actually for some reason it was the car seat which made it mOst real for me!! Can't wait til she arrives!! In the meanwhile I'd be happy with this headache leaving, or my head exploding... Whatever so long as the pressure feeling is gone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I just found stretch marks on my belly!!! I am only 13 weeks pregnant!!!
    I thought at first they were just lines where the seams of my clothes were sitting, but no. They are still here first thing in the morning.

Apparently fair skinned people are more prone to them.
    Grrr aaaaargh!!!!

I feel your pain kash. 13 weeks today and I cld see the start of them on my belly and boobs during the week.

I always knew I would be destroyed if I got pregnant coz I got them when I put on alot of weight a few years ago.

Try moisturising loads, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I have them too girls. Got them when I started going through puberty when my hips widened so they are very light so I'm hoping these will turn the same

Bloody cold... Moan moan moan . Can't move today and blood in my snot.. Nice I know!!

Not a moan today, but just a little tip I was told today for the stretch marks.
    A friend on her second pregnancy recommended loads and loads and loads of bio oil and if you can afford it Clarins Huile Tonic.
    I just googled it and it's €45 on the debenhams website, a bit on the expensive side but worth it if it works.
    Hope that helps ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I think with stretch marks its a case if your prone to em you'll get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hi all....Just a quick bit of info about stretch mark treatment. I am a Spa Therapist and also expecting and the Elemis Japanese Camelia oil is very good for prevention as it is a natural collagen and can be used everywhere!! I know thats what I will be trying but also in agreement on the Bio oil...a few friends would swear by it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I have used bio oil twice a day (morning and night) religiously since i found out i was pregnant, really massaged it all into my bump, even put a little into the bath water when im having a bath and my belly is still completly destroyed by stretchmarks....a friend is also pregnant and hasnt used a single thing and has no stretch marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

kildareash wrote: »
    Not a moan today, but just a little tip I was told today for the stretch marks.
    A friend on her second pregnancy recommended loads and loads and loads of bio oil and if you can afford it Clarins Huile Tonic.
    I just googled it and it's €45 on the debenhams website, a bit on the expensive side but worth it if it works.
    Hope that helps ladies!

Bio Oil didnt work for me.

I am on my second pregnancy. I used bio oil whole way through my first, not only applying to my skin but also in baths. I am covered in stretch marks..

And in hindsight I think Bio Oil is more for lightening current stretch marks rather than prevention..

Think if you destined to get them, nothing stops them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My gyny says that you can't really do anything to prevent stretch marks, except not put on a huge amount of weight (and not putting on loads of weight is no garuntee). I have stretch marks on my legs from years ago, but even now at 35 weeks I don't have a hint of a stretch mark on my tummy yet.

I already have loads on my boobs and thighs from when I was a teenager, I genuinely seemed to develop boobs and hips over the space of a week! They are barely noticeable at this stage though - very, very faint. Hopefully, the belly ones will do the same - but I guess I have to finally resign myself to never ever having a belly for croptops (it was time to stop kidding myself anyway :D)

Hubby actually has really massive ones on his back - he's 6'6" and apparantly shot up almost 2 feet in a few months. They are so bad that the first time I saw his back I honestly thought he had been beaten with a stick :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Definitley think if you are going to get stretchmarks you are going to get them, no matter what you use. It still doesn't stop me using some kind of body lotion though. I put a lot of weight on during my first pregnancy, but the worst stretchmarks I got are near my armpits, where my arms meet my body, of all places:o. They are very deep, though they were never red. I have stretch marks on my belly and boobs, but they were always a silvery white colour, again never red.

My moans today:
    Had to give up driving a couple of weeks ago as I can't fit behind the wheel anymore, if I was taller my legs would still reach the pedals:(. Hate the loss of independence, though I'm lucky that my daughter drives, and helps out when she's not hormonal:rolleyes:
    Bloody pains in my hips at night, so that I have to keep switching sides. Also I feel really bad as I'm snoring violently, and himself is on shift work.
    Really miss my Dad, felt very emotional going to bed last night, thinking this little one won't know him. He passed away 14 months ago, and was absolutely mad about babies:)
    Everyone keeps telling me this is a boy this time. It's got to the stage that I almost feel like I have to deliver the goods. On the other hand my 11yr old doesn't want a brother. I haven't a clue what I'm having, don't care tbh, as long as the baby is healthy this time.
    Am on the big countdown now, 9 more sleeps till c section. Logically I've done it twice before, I'm sure all will be OK, but the nerves are creeping in. Just can't wait to have it all over and done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I want sweeties - why don`t people bring them to me?!!!

Ok, my moan for today: I bought a fetal doppler thingy to reassure myself that everythning is ok in beteween scans.

But... I can't find the baby's heartbeat with the blasted thing.
    So, I am definitely not reassured. I'm not giving in to worry, because I had a healthy scan last week, but I was thinking it was all going to be magical and poof, nothing. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

theg81der wrote: »
    I want sweeties - why don`t people bring them to me?!!!

Me too....I've had a horrible headache since I woke up, and am convinced a sugar overdose will solve the problem. My partner got me chocolate muffins in the shop this morning but they don't taste right :o so im going to the shop in a minute to buy a massive bar of dairy milk.
    Kash wrote: »
    Ok, my moan for today: I bought a fetal doppler thingy to reassure myself that everythning is ok in beteween scans.

But... I can't find the baby's heartbeat with the blasted thing.
    So, I am definitely not reassured. I'm not giving in to worry, because I had a healthy scan last week, but I was thinking it was all going to be magical and poof, nothing. Grrr.

How far along are you now? I got one at Christmas, I found mine over-sensitive, if I move at all I'm deafened with background noise, couldn't really hear the heartbeat till 24 weeks and even still it was very, very faint. Can hear the kicks well and good though :)

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    How far along are you now? I got one at Christmas, I found mine over-sensitive, if I move at all I'm deafened with background noise, couldn't really hear the heartbeat till 24 weeks and even still it was very, very faint. Can hear the kicks well and good though :)

I am only half way through the 13th week, and I actually found the heartbeat a while ago (after drinking a pint of water, and holding it! )

Of course, I moved to get my phone so I could time it, and then couldn't find it again :rolleyes:

But I am definitely reassured! I'll leave it now until next week - hopefully it will be easier then. Can't wait until the baby starts kicking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

So sick :(

Advertisement