Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

37 weeks, have piles and have to go to the hospital tomorrow for combined care appointment. Dreading sitting down for 2 hours!

Last time I was there the midwife said she'd be surprised if I wasn't holding the baby by this appointment.

Head is def down. Jeans dont fit, we went away for the night last night with baby no 1 to spoil her, but half way through the drive home I had to take off the jeans and put on leggings.

We had a great night but baby no1's schedule is off and she's still away upstairs throwing everything out of her cot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have this itchiest scalp. I have always had and have a touch of eczema around the hairline which possibly extends all over. Anyhoo, I normally use Nizoral for a flareup but the pharmacist said I can't use it and suggested some sort of herbal shampoo instead with coconut and tea tree. Used it yesterday and today I am ready to scratch my scalp off. Anybody got any ideas?! Please.

I'm also very sick of the nausea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

My moan for today - I cannot handle the tiredness.

Went straight from work last night to dinner and a show with the OH. It was in our home town so we were home straight after the show. I'd say I got in about 20 past 11 and went straight to bed and fell asleep fairly quickly.

Could not tear myself out of the bed this morning and felt like i could fall asleep at any minute in work today.

I look like I was out partying last night...big dark circles under my eyes. That headache that nothing will shift.

Moan over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Gee_G wrote: »
    Hi all....Just a quick bit of info about stretch mark treatment. I am a Spa Therapist and also expecting and the Elemis Japanese Camelia oil is very good for prevention as it is a natural collagen and can be used everywhere!! I know thats what I will be trying but also in agreement on the Bio oil...a few friends would swear by it!

I found the Elemis Frangiapani exotic monoi oil brilliant last time I was pregnant. It comes as a hard oil in the bottle, so you have to heat it in the warm water in the shower, then rub it in. Its lovely though & definitely helped with stretch marks last time.

Kash I was the same with the doppler I bought, hence why it lives at the back of a press somewhere :D It ended up freaking me out more than anything when I couldn't find the heartbeat so I stopped using it.

wmpdd3 my gp prescribed me proctosedyl (sp?) for my ar$e acorns and it got rid of them nearly straight away. Hopefully you won't be left waiting too long in your next appointment.

My moan is what a heifer a feel at the moment. Had to nip to the local post office with my almost 2 year old today and got home half an hour later feeling like I'd scaled everest!
    I'm finding the little lady so heavy to carry when we're out (my own fault for not bringing the buggy :o) and my lungs seem to have shrunk to half their usual capacity.
    Moan over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Cap - use the buggy!! I know your used to carrying her but seriously your body is carrying enough extra at the mo :)

My moan is same as the last 3 weeks... This bloody cold. I can't shift it - I def have infected sinuses and today woke up with no voice at all and dry sore chest. I'm soo miserable. I started crying last night to my husband as so so sick and tired of feeling like this and not enjoying this time of my pregnancy! I feel like its being robbed off me!! I know it's silly but I've been looking forward to being pregnant for so long and now I'm at the good bit ( in my opinion!!) 34 weeks I can barely move or talk without becoming completely exhausted and miserable. I'm just worried this stupid thing will linger for the rest of the pregnancy and I'll be worn out before labor even starts :(
    I wish I could be feeling well and my biggest concern be not being able to get off couch ( which I find funny cos I love love love pregnancy...!)
    I've turned into this horrible moany cow and I don't like it... So I'll moan about that too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

my moan is bloody medical students :(

yesterday I had my 28 week check-up at the hospital, and today im really sore. I had my midwife and two medical students, who all felt the need for a poke, prod, etc of my bump.

One of the med students didnt look long out of nappies himself and although it didnt hurt at the time, ive a pain across my bump just under my boobs, like ive been doing too many sit ups on a ab cruncher..

someone should show these dude HOW do examine a bump as opposed to just saying "just have a feel there and tell me your findings when I come back"

Ill not be so quick to agree to med students again!!!

And as a result of all the poking and crap, my bump has also taken on a life of its own today and not seemed to stop moving or using my bladder as a trampoline all frickin day

Rant almost over....

Finally, my OH did not SHUT UP snoring last night, which results in ME getting up to sleep on the couch cuz he kept telling me to piss off when I woke him from his snorning.. Apparently he has no recollection of this, but I saw the look of guilt in his eyes.!

He is now on strict orders today to make up the spare bed, and sleep in there tonight, and any other night i do so request!!!!

PLONKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

ar$e acorns

Best term for hemarrhoids (sp?) ever.
    You made my day Cap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

To the student nurse who said it was a great thing to lose 19 pounds without trying: no it isn't... Ever. Pregnant or not u lose that much weight without trying its a bit odd. And if ur pregnant it's a very bad thing... And don't look at me as if I have ten heads when I tell you I don't think it's a good thing not to be able to eat for ten weeks... Oh and finally do not suggest to me to "just eat so" obviously I would if I could and don't suggest I'm not doing enough... You will make me want to scream!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

My husband is doing my f*ckin head in!:mad::mad::mad:
    I`ve been admitted to hospital and he feels sorry for himself!

theg81der wrote: »
    My husband is doing my f*ckin head in!:mad::mad::mad:
    I`ve been admitted to hospital and he feels sorry for himself!

This is a male thing... You feel like crap and they feel hard done by!! Is it the nausea?? Hope you feel better soon x

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    This is a male thing... You feel like crap and they feel hard done by!! Is it the nausea?? Hope you feel better soon x

Yea he`s all no one looking after me boohoo!:eek: They think my passing out thing may be related to epilepsy want to check it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Ah typical men!

Heartburn, back ache, hip ache, cant sleep, cant afford to go off work yet....6.5 weeks left...seems like a very long time at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

ive a pain across my bump just under my boobs, like ive been doing too many sit ups on a ab cruncher..

Staticdoor I'm 29 weeks and have the exact same pain though I haven't been manhandled by any med students. I presumed it was just the baby taking up more room and pushing on my diaphram.

Ar$e acorns....love it.

Looks like proctosedyl and the stuff she perscribed for me: Scheripoct are one in the same. I nearly fell over when the girl in Boots said, €17 for the tube. Bloody hell this better work, even though I cant see much difference yet.

Cap, I agree, you must use the buggy, I use the buggy to keep me upright, let alone ferrying little girl around. I dont even carry my handbag when I have it, everything goes into it.

lol Mink I robbed it from another forum, thought it very aptly described the little buggers :D

Wmpdd3, I think the Sheriproct is the same stuff, it's dear but so worth it :)
    It takes a day or 2 but definitely does the job.

The ridiculous thing about me not using the buggy was there was not 1 but 2 buggies in the boot, will definitely be using it in future! There's no such thing as 'just nipping in' to the shops anymore with bump and heavy toddler in tow!

Pippington, could you get signed off on sick leave for the rest of your pregnancy? or even for the last 4 weeks? you sound like you're shattered :(

theg81der hope you're ok, nothing worse than being stuck in hospital, worse when you have an unsympathetic hubbie!
    I spent the first 3-4 months of this pregnancy dying with morning sickness with little sympathy. Himself has a flu one week and its the end of the world :rolleyes:

Cyning I feel your pain, twice I've been to the gp about weight loss (lost roughly a stone in the first few months from morning sickness), but yeah wasn't loving the comments about 'sure isn't it a great way of losing weight' - eh no! not when I've a baby to grown in there!

Aw Dublinlady you poor thing, you sound miserable :( I hope you get over your flu soon. I think pregnancy takes so much out of you, but couple that with a flu and it really knocks the stuffing out of you. Try get plenty of rest and hopefully it'll pass soon so you can get back to enjoying your pregnancy x

Static you'll have to prod the student back if they come near you again, see how they like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Todays moan is the leaking. Good God, the leaking. I've got breast pads and find them very awkward to wear at night, when Im lying on my side they don't sit right in my bra. Sticky patch on them is tiny so they come off easily as i move around.

And theres loads coming out in the last week, i have another 15 weeks of it to look forward to. Wouldn't mind as much if my boobs were massive, they went up a cup size in my second month and haven't changed since. My bump is massive (like having the bump) :-P but the boob-tummy ratio is huge, they look tiny now.

And id like to buy a nice new dress to make me feel sexy, but i can't cos 1. i lost my job because i was pregnant so i don't have dosh for unnecessary dresses and 2. i wouldn't fit into one anyway.

On the bright side however, 99 days left. On the home stretch now! :-D

(its still a long time but im gonna be happy about this 99 day thing until i get some club orange. Then i can be happy about that too) :-)

Oh, and its also getting very hard to sleep and i sometimes feel like my insides are going to fall through me when i stand up. And i am getting stretch marks despite putting on my cream everyday. and I've gotten into a very bad habit of letting out a small grunt / groan whenever i stand up / sit down / get in or out of bed. Which isn't sexy. But for some reason none of these annoy me as much as the leaking.

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    And id like to buy a nice new dress to make me feel sexy, but i can't cos 1. i lost my job because i was pregnant so i don't have dosh for unnecessary dresses and 2. i wouldn't fit into one anyway.

Em .... what do you mean you lost your job because you were pregnant? pretty sure that illegal!

theg81der wrote: »

Em .... what do you mean you lost your job because you were pregnant? pretty sure that illegal!

Well that's not what they said to me, but i think they found out. They basically made out that i had handed in my notice (i had done no such thing) and said they had hired 2 people to replace me but couldn't afford to keep me on (i know, makes no sense). Basically they decided they wanted rid of me, I had never done anything wrong so they couldn't fire me so they let me go, but tried to make it look like i left voluntarily.
    I went to a solicitor and everything and basically i had no rights because i had been working there for 6 months, and you need to be working for 12 months or more for unfair dismissal to apply, or something along those lines. Exact same thing happened to a girl up the road, she was working somewhere for 2 months and as soon as they found out she was pregnant they made up something about having to let her go, and she was out on her ear. She tried her solicitor as well and got told the same thing i did.

Well that's not what they said to me, but i think they found out. They basically made out that i had handed in my notice (i had done no such thing) and said they had hired 2 people to replace me but couldn't afford to keep me on (i know, makes no sense). Basically they decided they wanted rid of me, I had never done anything wrong so they couldn't fire me so they let me go, but tried to make it look like i left voluntarily.
    I went to a solicitor and everything and basically i had no rights because i had been working there for 6 months, and you need to be working for 12 months or more for unfair dismissal to apply, or something along those lines. Exact same thing happened to a girl up the road, she was working somewhere for 2 months and as soon as they found out she was pregnant they made up something about having to let her go, and she was out on her ear. She tried her solicitor as well and got told the same thing i did.

Won`t be a solicitor you`d go to it would be a union rep. My mum is one and this is a common case she handles. Just ring expalin what happened they`ll join you up and handle it from there.

• Advertisement

This place doesn't have a union, I wasn't made aware of one anyhoo. Didn't even get a reference off them either. Mentioned it to citizens information and they told me there was nothing i could do really. This crowd were a really dodgy company to work for and they have a really high staff turnover rate, I've just given up and moved on and decided I'm better off as far away from them as possible. Besides, I don't wanna drag the thread off-topic ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

OMG I just tested positive this morning - wasn't officially trying as such so am pretty shocked to say the least. Felt 'funny' all week and even though my period isn't due to next week I did a test this morning to rule it out, LOL (that obviously didn't work).

Anyway, symptoms have been coming hard and fast today (even though I'm only 4 weeks?!) - absolutely ex-haust-ed, and I keep getting headrushes when I stand up.

I haven't gone to the doctor today, should I try go on Monday, would they even see me at this stage?

Thanks

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    OMG I just tested positive this morning - wasn't officially trying as such so am pretty shocked to say the least. Felt 'funny' all week and even though my period isn't due to next week I did a test this morning to rule it out, LOL (that obviously didn't work).

Anyway, symptoms have been coming hard and fast today (even though I'm only 4 weeks?!) - absolutely ex-haust-ed, and I keep getting headrushes when I stand up.

I haven't gone to the doctor today, should I try go on Monday, would they even see me at this stage?

Thanks

Mega Congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Congratulations :-) worth making an appointment anyway,

Thanks

The sooner the better... in my hosp they don't see you untill between 18 and 22 weeks at moment so the sooner the better! Plus it will put your mind at rest.

I know it has nothing whatsoever to do with being pregnant but we have mice :eek: well they only seem to be in downstairs bathroom.. we have traps everywhere (i am paranoid and they've been renovating empty houses behind us!) the problem is I'm now officially afraid to use the downstairs bathroom... and I'm *supposed* to be avoiding the stairs when I'm on my own in case I faint (oh and the whole puking thing (which I avoided for the whole day today!))

I really really hate mice :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Stretch Marks are coming in big time :(

Seen a youtube video of baby german shepherd's today(I have a 5yr old!) and...

I cried....

I really really hate mice

Cant handle mice, it's the only reason I put up with m grumpy cat. I'm surprised even though we put the cat outside when I found out I was pregnant, we havent had a mouse inside since. (2 years)

cyning wrote: »

Thanks

The sooner the better... in my hosp they don't see you untill between 18 and 22 weeks at moment so the sooner the better! Plus it will put your mind at rest.

I know it has nothing whatsoever to do with being pregnant but we have mice :eek: well they only seem to be in downstairs bathroom.. we have traps everywhere (i am paranoid and they've been renovating empty houses behind us!) the problem is I'm now officially afraid to use the downstairs bathroom... and I'm *supposed* to be avoiding the stairs when I'm on my own in case I faint (oh and the whole puking thing (which I avoided for the whole day today!))

I really really hate mice :mad:

This is a bit random but congrats on not being sick for a whole day, fingers crossed that's the end of the sickness for you!

Congrats on your positive results Mrs. Whippy!

Shuwaaah sorry to hear about your job, that was a really lousy thing for the employer to do :(

My moan for today is about indigestion, although in reality if I just avoided the foods I know cause it it wouldn't be an issue!
    Crisps give me terrible indigestion, but at the time it seemed worth it for the nicest cheese & onion crisp sandwich :D
    I haven't stopped grazing on food since I got home earlier today, if I don't stop I'll be the size of the house and the fridge will be empty :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

My moan for today is about indigestion, although in reality if I just avoided the foods I know cause it it wouldn't be an issue!
    Crisps give me terrible indigestion, but at the time it seemed worth it for the nicest cheese & onion crisp sandwich :D
    I haven't stopped grazing on food since I got home earlier today, if I don't stop I'll be the size of the house and the fridge will be empty :o

Cap don't be daft - that's what rennies are for!!!! So you can have crisp sandwiches and enjoy them!! ;)
    If its any consolation I now get it if I eat healthy food , bad food, no food - I.e if I get hungry! So there's no winning! Give into it!! Hehe!
    I found the fruit rennie great for early in pregnancy ( up to about 30 wks) as nice and work if it's not too bad. Now I'm on the rennie ice as the fruit won't work as its worse! I predict a change onto gaviscon liquid for the last few weeks but putting it off for as long as I can as I dread the thought!!! Hate the liquid!!

I am here to make up for all my moaning about my cold etc as was very miserable for last few weeks and really am back on tip top form - just thought ye should know so ye don't think I'm just a moany auld mare altogether!! Hehe!!

Advertisement