Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Holy Jaysus..

My Nipples are HUGE,brown,sore and itchy today !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Don't know if it's because of the cold today or if it's pregnancy related but either way I have been starving all day! Hunger = queasiness! Aaaaaaah!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Ooh brill suggestion Dublinlady on the fruity rennies, I forgot about those, they're yum. Must pick up a few next time I plan on indulging in bold food :)

My rant of the day isn't altogether pregnancy related but kind of! I have my next ante natal appt tomorrow am.
    When I was given the appt in November my sister offered to mind my little girl while I go to the hospital as you can at time's get stuck there 3+ hours waiting to be seen to and its a long time to keep a nearly 2 year old occupied when you can't move from your seat.

She told me this evening that she now can't mind her :( If I'd just known Friday evening, I could have arranged for the creche she attends to take her the few hours.
    I doubt at this stage that the creche she attends will be able to take her in the morning. I'm praying it'll be a fast morning in the hospital or I'll be tearing my hair out!
    I forsee a high blood pressure reading in the morning :o

Moan over!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Bah I should have said nothing to the boyfriend about the gyny saying the baby could arrive early, now he doesn't want me to do ANYTHING! Like, I enjoy my daily walk (very easy pace, on the flat) and he thinks I shouldn't be walking! Gah, I have a month to go and if the baby doesn't arrive early I'll go nuts if I can't get a bit of exercise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

Hmm let's see, sore boobs, huge nipples, belly getting in the way so I can't cut my own toe nails. Bad night's sleep due to weird dreams and baby kicking the bejaysus out of me.
    And a very strange CONSTANT craving for pink tea-time wafers, when so far every quack and midwife has told me that pregnant women today don't get cravings.
    And finally, I feel like a hippo. I eat like a hippo. I lumber like a hippo.

Rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

My moan for today is who is going to give a pregnant woman a job :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No cravings? So it was normal for me to eat a bag of ice cubes everyday for 5months last time, yeah right!!!! Even the baby i had is obsessed with ice cubes now, oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

notsobusy wrote: »
    My moan for today is who is going to give a pregnant woman a job :-(

I know how you feel, I was made redundant when I was 8 weeks. I had been working for 12 years before that but despite working all that time and building up all of those stamps I won't be entitled to any Maternity Benefit payment unless I get a job now until 2 weeks before I'm due (I'm almost 30 weeks), ha fat chance of that happening :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I know how you feel, I was made redundant when I was 8 weeks. I had been working for 12 years before that but despite working all that time and building up all of those stamps I won't be entitled to any Maternity Benefit payment unless I get a job now until 2 weeks before I'm due (I'm almost 30 weeks), ha fat chance of that happening :(

I know that feeling...it really sucks! Ms2011 if I were you I would ring up the maternity benefit section. There are 3 ways they can calculate the maternity benefit so it would be worth ringing up the section to be sure. I was on to a really helpful guy after I had my lady. I thought that I wouldn't be entitled to it (and I wasn't in the end - short 2 bloody credits! Grrr) he did everything he could to help me though, would definitely recommend giving it a try!

Lola92 wrote: »
    I know that feeling...it really sucks! Ms2011 if I were you I would ring up the maternity benefit section. There are 3 ways they can calculate the maternity benefit so it would be worth ringing up the section to be sure. I was on to a really helpful guy after I had my lady. I thought that I wouldn't be entitled to it (and I wasn't in the end - short 2 bloody credits! Grrr) he did everything he could to help me though, would definitely recommend giving it a try!

Thanks for that Lola, I will definately enquire with them, any extra money would come in so handy right now as I'm sure everyone can vouch for :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Still siiiiiiiccccckkkkkkkk :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ok so in a total turn around:

After about 4 in the evening I cannot stop eating... my head is telling me I've ate enough to feed me for the day but my stomach keeps rumbling!! SO today (so far) I ate 2 large bowls of pasta, a bacon sandwich, a pitta bread with ham tomato, lettuce and cucumber 3 packets of taytos (its the salt i can't get enough of it) 2 bars of mint crisp (again can't get enough minty stuff).... and I'm still hungry. What on earth am I supposed to eat so I'm not hungry?! Oh and two bananas and an apple. Still puke if I eat cheese or drink milk though :P

So basically I puke all morning, feel nauseated beyond belief untill about 3 and then eat non stop all evening :rolleyes:

Oh and seriously what is what wanting salty stuff: i put salt on all my meals today and yesterday... I would never ever have put salt on anything unless it was chips when I was hungover... this pregnancy lark is wreaking havoc on me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

cyning wrote: »
    I ate 2 large bowls of pasta, a bacon sandwich, a pitta bread with ham tomato, lettuce and cucumber 3 packets of taytos (its the salt i can't get enough of it) 2 bars of mint crisp (again can't get enough minty stuff).... and I'm still hungry. What on earth am I supposed to eat so I'm not hungry?!

Hey there - pretty much everything you listed there are either carbs or sugar. You definately need more protein in your diet to help you feel 'sated' and fuller for longer.

Eggs, chicken breasts, tuna, cottage cheese, nuts, 3 bean salads, quinoa etc are all high in protein - for example start your day off with 2 eggs, then have chicken & a salad for lunch for example .. then some lean meat or fish with veg and a sweet potato for dinner. Seriously, it'll make the world of a difference!

Hope you feel better soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Haven't moaned in awhile but tonight like every night i go up to bed, love going up to bed on my own i can sprawl and relax for a while before my OH comes up, and tonight he follower me up the stairs is Im bed before me and is fecking snoring already :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This might sound ungrateful but I would just like a little moan about know it all childless friends who google how far along you are and then rattle off what you should/shouldn't be feeling/doing.

Or they "know everything" about birth and breastfeeding and how to deal with colic or getting your baby to sleep through - yes I can read the books and use the internet too! AND I've heard all the old wives tales.

You can tell me all about it when you've done it yourself... or baby sit for me LOADS!

( I should really be grateful my friends are taking an interest)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Tired, tired, tired! quite short of breath this last week...also fecking roasting all the time...went to see the midwife and have to go get bloods done to check my iron levels!she thinks i may be anaemic! And im already dreading the thoughts of a 12 hour shift on friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

pippington wrote: »
    Tired, tired, tired! quite short of breath this last week...also fecking roasting all the time...went to see the midwife and have to go get bloods done to check my iron levels!she thinks i may be anaemic! And im already dreading the thoughts of a 12 hour shift on friday!

12 hrs.... God I'm only 5 days ahead of u and there's no way I could manage that - is there no way out of it?? I hear ya on the heat - although it's quite convenient as it means I haven't had to buy a winter coat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

I'm seeing my obgyn tomorrow ... My hubby is coming with me ... I feel like a child at the doc when he's there ... I can't ask anything really embarrassing with him in the room ... I was going to get something for the dreaded piles but I don't want mr to know ... There is no dignity when ur having a baby!

Knit wit wrote: »
    I'm seeing my obgyn tomorrow ... My hubby is coming with me ... I feel like a child at the doc when he's there ... I can't ask anything really embarrassing with him in the room ... I was going to get something for the dreaded piles but I don't want mr to know ... There is no dignity when ur having a baby!

I can understand why you might be a wee bit embarrassed but really, it's great to have the support of your partner when you are not feeling the best, and it will only cause stress if you can't tell him why you aren't feeling well. I don't go into all the nitty-gritty exactly with my fella but he does know what I am feeling. I personally found that it has brought us closer together, and he is very sympathetic. (Eg if you are cranky cos of piles, will your fella be more sympathetic if he knows why, or if he thinks "it's just the hormones"?)

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Thanks ivy hope ur keeping well ... I shouldn't be moaning about hubby, it's lovely to have his support ... He doesn't need to know everything though!

• Advertisement

@ KNit Wit, trust me hubby will survive what ever you come out with, just ead the fathers thread and you'll see what most decent men think. Anyway, after the birth, if he is present, he have seen everything!!!

My moan is, last night I really couldnt get comfortable, I never had this last time. Only for I was exausted due to baby no.1 getting up at 8:30am all week, I'd have been awake. I even thought about going down and taking some paracetamol.

Tonight I'm going to do 30 mins on the tens before bed and see how I get on.

Even a bath is a waste of time now, I just cant get comfortable in it.

Cant wait for baby to be out, I have resigned myself to the fact I am not going to go early, so my new date in my mind is the 10 of Feb, 10 days after due date. Though I'd hate to get induced.

And the bloody expensive stuff the doc gave me for piles has made no difference. I still shudder when I remember her saying, 'if this doesn't work, we can look at getting them cut off after the birth'.

Really enjoyed One born every minute last night, though I'd have shot the first partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Girls my throat :(:(

I cannot clear this phlegm no matter what.I'm getting sick 4-5 times because of it.. Anyone any tips??

Knit wit please don't let yourself be in discomfort for the sake of wanting not to be embarrassed. Piles can be so uncomfortable and often it can be a case of a simple topical cream to cure them.
    If your partner is going to be present at the birth, it's a lot more than piles that he'll see!

I can understand not wanting to go into detail with your partner though if its not something you would ordinarily discuss in your relationship.
    What about calling in to see your GP separate from your consultant appointment to get something for them?

You're so right about no dignity in child birth, you leave it at the door when you go into labour!

Wmpd33 if it's any consolation, it's not too bad when they do cut them off after birth thanks to heaps of anaesthetic :o and the relief is something else!
    Sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable :( hopefully baby might take hint and come out soon :)
    How are you finding it trying to keep yourself and dd occupied now you're finished work?
    Agree on one born every minute, I'm a glutton for punishment I was in floods watching it last night. feckin hormones :P

Pippington eek at the thought of you having to do a 12 hour shift :eek: hope you don't have to do many of those at this stage of the pregnancy.

Betsie, that's what spare bedrooms were designed for ;):D

javagal wrote: »
    Girls my throat :(:(

I cannot clear this phlegm no matter what.I'm getting sick 4-5 times because of it.. Anyone any tips??

bowl full of boiling water with vicks or eucalyptus in it, hold your head over it with a towel covering your head/the bowl and breathe the steam vapour in.
    It's great for releasing the phlegm.

Or I find a toasty warm shower does the same job.
    It sounds disgusting, but if after steaming with the bowl or shower you loosen the phlegm up, spit out as much of it as you can.
    I had a rotten flu a few weeks ago and was really phlegmmy, but it was all going down the back of my throat and that's what was making my tum feel sick.

Hope you get well soon x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

God I torment my hubbie with way too much information!!! Bless him it's water off a ducks back at this stage!!

W- ill keep everything crossed ya go soon - really hope ta don't go too far over - the thought of induction freaks me altogether!

My moan is randomly tonight I'm anxious about everything , the next few weeks , the birth , minding a new born... Totally anxious when normally I'm fine and so excited!!! Just wish it was over I suppose and had my little one knowing we were both safe and happy! 31 days to go.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Horrible acid reflux is back and I was being so good to avoid trigger foods :(

My OH is the same, we were actively trying for this baby so he had to listen about ovulation pains, mucus types, when to do the deed, when not to. Now all of this pregnancy stuff doesn't phase him at all :-)

I can totally sympathise with the uncomfortable sleeping, each night seems to get more uncomfortable than the last. To top it off I've a stuffy nose so I have to breath through my mouth with means I keep waking up with a dry mouth so I need a drink, the drink then means I wake up to pee and so on. Luckily I'm able to have a nap on the couch most days which keeps me functioning :-)

DL can't advise too much on the nerves as I'm a first timer too but just keep in mind that you are getting to meet your little lady soon. I keep thinking to myself that people do this baby thing all the time so if they can do it so can I :-)

Wmpd33 if it's any consolation, it's not too bad when they do cut them off after birth thanks to heaps of anaesthetic and the relief is something else!

You must be bloody joking me, not with out an epidural!! Right, I'll try the brown rice and fibregel....

Soooooooo tired. Haven't slept right in I don't know how many days but last night took the biscuit. Also was DYING with heartburn.

Hopefully tonight I'll be so tired I'll sleep through the night. :rolleyes:

And if one more person says "Rest now cos you won't have the chance when the baby arrives" I'll scream. I would if I bloody could!

• Advertisement

Soooooooo tired. Haven't slept right in I don't know how many days but last night took the biscuit. Also was DYING with heartburn.

It wasn't just me dying last night then :-(
    I normally used low fat spread but had a craving for real butter so I had some on toast before bed last night but boy did I pay for it. Felt like I was being stabbed in the chest & throat, was agony :-(:-(

Advertisement