Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

my moan is im walking like John wayne :(

Ive a frickin pain across the front of my pubic bone and down the sides between my legs.. it even hurts when driving as ive to lift leg to brake and clutch..
    I look frickin ridonkulous!!! And ive still got a possible 10 weeks left of this :confused:

i do realize its all to do with my pelvis getting ready but gawddddddddddddd, i feel awfully self conscious of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It is hard to figure out what I would like to moan about most so in a 30 second condensed version: nausea/cramping/nausea/vomiting/nausea/constipation/nausea/dizziness/nausea/fainting/nausea/headaches/nausea/coughing :D

So ya nausea I guess.... that MacDonalds last week seems so far away now.... guess the effects of medicine and fluids and glucose has worn off :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

cyning wrote: »
    It is hard to figure out what I would like to moan about most so in a 30 second condensed version: nausea/cramping/nausea/vomiting/nausea/constipation/nausea/dizziness/nausea/fainting/nausea/headaches/nausea/coughing :D

So ya nausea I guess.... that MacDonalds last week seems so far away now.... guess the effects of medicine and fluids and glucose has worn off :mad:

Agh no cyning do disappointed for you! Still there myself (and ditto the constipation shhhhh....!). Healthy baba will be so worth all this but never doing it again .

theg81der wrote: »
    Agh no cyning do disappointed for you! Still there myself (and ditto the constipation shhhhh....!). Healthy baba will be so worth all this but never doing it again .

Ya I couldn't be this sick and minding another baby/child: like I can't go for a shower unless my husband is here in case i pass out so how could I mind another baby: we always wanted 3 or 4 but I can't see that happening now :mad: I just keep thinking of healthy, happy babs in my arms :D

cyning wrote: »

Ya I couldn't be this sick and minding another baby/child: like I can't go for a shower unless my husband is here in case i pass out so how could I mind another baby: we always wanted 3 or 4 but I can't see that happening now :mad: I just keep thinking of healthy, happy babs in my arms :D

Not going to lie today has been a nightmare, I am just so sick and worn down. I feel like such a weakling.

• Advertisement

Not going to lie today has been a nightmare, I am just so sick and worn down. I feel like such a weakling.

Its the constant never ending nausea with no end in sight that does that.... I was really good at the start of the week I actually could not eat enough its only yesterday and today I'm getting bad again. And the not eating properly makes you tired and worn down. Your definately not a weakling... at all. It's just a viscious circle :mad: hope you feel better soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Nope no way outa the 12 hour shifts! But i decided this is my last week...im going off sick for 2 weeks! Exhausted.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Pippington that's brill that you're finishing up soon, hopefully it made it a bit easier to get through the 12 hour shift :)

Cyning my heart goes out to you, sounds like you're having a miserable time of things :( I hope as the pregnancy progresses that it get's that bit easier x

My moan is about how hormonal I am and how short tempered it makes me!
    I'm normally a relatively chilled person but find my fuse is that little bit shorter thanks to the hormones.

Take for example Friday, I had my little girl at the GP. As is par for the course, we weren't in the waiting room 2 minutes when she does a big dirty nappy. Grand not a bother, I brought her to the car to change her.
    Cue the mother of all messy nappies due to the calpol I'd give her earlier playing havoc with her tum.
    Half way through changing the messiest nappy she's had in ages (we're talking her hands in it, it getting on the car seats). I hear this impatient 'excuse me, excuse me' about 4/5 times.
    I ignored it at first as I was otherwise indisposed, but this idiot was persistant.
    I look out of the car (whacking my head on the door frame as I do) and this stupid woman says 'excuse me, excuse me - are you pulling out soon?'.

I could understand her waiting for the parking spot outside the GP if it was a busy built up area with no parking.......but its a small country practice with ample parking a few feet away from the surgery.
    Normally something silly like that wouldn't bother me, but pregnancy hormones raging, a night of little sleep with a poorly baby and I felt like throwing the dirty nappy at her (that would've been a sight :pac:)

Oh & my belly has gone this peculiar shape, thanks to baby dwelling quite low.
    Up til Friday morning I was still able to fit into my size 14 work trousers, however by lunch time Friday my bump dropped right down so ended up having to improvise with rubber band on my trouser buttons so I could close them over a bit :o
    By the time I got to the GP's with the little girl in the afternoon my rubber bands were loosing their rubberiness so midway through changing nappy in car I was also trying to hold my trousers up.

Moan over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Oh cap!!! A poo parcel in the face sounds exactly like what she needed!!!!
    Poo stories scare me... I don't think I have any concept of how messy a nappy can be!!!

My moan is the last 4 nights I just cannot get comfortable in bed - I'm constantly waking and hurting! Plus I keep waking up on my back and my hubbie keeps telling me I'm cutting off the blood flow to the baby! Christ what can I do I have cushions everywhere - tired sleepy me does not care!

Am I ever going to stop being sick!!!:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Have no energy at all, ended up in hospital Thursday after a small bleed, thank god everything was ok baby moving on scan started crying when i saw it, but since i have no energy was told in hospital to take a few days off work was going to go back tomorrow but the thoughts of it is killing me. Is there anything i can do to boost my energy levels. Im just 10 +1 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Plus I keep waking up on my back and my hubbie keeps telling me I'm cutting off the blood flow to the baby!

Why is this, its mad, I start off on my left, with the pillow between my legs and end up on my back at a 45 degree angle....

I think the thing about not lying on your back is a myth. It's actually something to do with how you lie in labour. (??) They hand out a leaflet with the biggest pregnancy myths on your first visit at NUIG hospital and that's on it (or so I'm told). I asked my midwife last time and she said to sleep however I was comfortable.

Dublinlady wouldn't you love for your partner to have a big pregnant belly + obligatory back ache for even one night and see how worried he is then about what angle you sleep at :D

Wmpd33, you sound like a contortionist the angles you're sleeping at :eek: are you getting any rest? Not long now at least :)

Betsie you poor thing, you must have had such a fright, I hope you're ok now. It is so horrible having a bleed, so frightening. I'm so glad they gave you a scan, peace of mind is something else.

My moan (I know, doing a lot lately :P) is the way baby keeps squishing the living daylights out of my bladder so I end up weeing every 2 mins! :o Baby please move up an inch or two or I'll need a colostomy bag at this rate! :D

Just been crying in tesco cause I couldn`t stop gagging with the smell of food. Can`t take much more of tis morning sickness!!:(:(

Karma sucks! Decided to take 2 weeks sick leave before maternity leave. Wake up first morning of my two weeks sick leave and low and behold I am smothered with a cold! Was fecking short of breath in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My moan today is I finally got a battery in my watch that's been sitting on my locker months only to find it now doesn't fit. My midwife is always asking if my hands or feet have swollen and I always say no as I never had anything to measure against but it looks like I've swollen more than I thought :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Moan for the day: after a week of struggling, the time has come. I actually can't cross my legs without a good deal of effort and some pain. I shall have to sit like a man from now on. :(

I am officially going stir crazy... I am now well enough to realise I haven't driven in 10 weeks or spent any time alone outside of house or hospital in 10 weeks. 10 weeks! I am still sick just not as bad... I want to be able to drive. I want to drive to the shops and look at cute baby things without having to bring some one with me. I want to sit down and have a coffee (well I dont drink it but you know what I mean) in a coffee shop ALONE. I want to be able to drive to the shop and buy a pear because I want one not have to ask someone to drive me..... Just aaggghhhhhhh :P I'd even like to be able to go for a walk on my own with noone worrying that I'm going to either faint or puke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If it's any consolation gr81der, I feel very similar. Felt today that if the nausea doesn't stop soon, I might be committed. I seem to find something that stops it and then it stops working. It just sucks. How far along are you? I'll be 9 weeks on Wednesday. Keep the head up. It helps me to know that I'm not alone in this sick boat.

• Advertisement

theg81der & Cyning, sorry to hear you have both been so sick :( I so hope you both feel better very soon x

Shuwaaah have you tried to bend over to pick up something and realised you can't in a remotely lady like manner? I felt (and looked!) like a 90 year old woman when I last tried to stoop to pick up something. Apparently I don't fold in half like I used to! :D

Ms2011, do you have a doctor/midwife appointment soon? It might be no harm mentioning it to them that you are having such swelling, just to be on the safe side x
    (sorry don't mean to alarm you but I know it's one thing they seem cautious about)

Pippington fingers crossed that flu will pass v quick so you can get a proper rest before the birth.

Yeah Cap I'm with the midwife tomorrow so I'll mention it to her. I'm not too worried about it though as I feel fine otherwise, it's just a pain in the bum ;-)

Cyning, sorry to hear about your frustrations! Just keep thinking at the end there will be a lovely bouncing baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Shuwaaah have you tried to bend over to pick up something and realised you can't in a remotely lady like manner? I felt (and looked!) like a 90 year old woman when I last tried to stoop to pick up something. Apparently I don't fold in half like I used to! :D

Oh yeah, squatting with the legs bent and the bum out! And if ya actually manage to get on the floor it's impossible to get back up without (a) nearly falling over or (b) going 'oooof'. It's no wonder I'm feeling so sexy these days :pac:

Especially yesterday when I went in for my check up with only 2 hours sleep. Because I had so little sleep I wasn't bothered putting on the make-up or getting dressed up, and I was having a bit of a fat day and holding my belly a lot. And then when we saw the doctor she looked like a model, typical. She looked younger than me, and I'm only 22! :rolleyes:

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Oh yeah, squatting with the legs bent and the bum out! And if ya actually manage to get on the floor it's impossible to get back up without (a) nearly falling over or (b) going 'oooof'. It's no wonder I'm feeling so sexy these days :pac:

Lol yeah the involuntary grunts and 'ooofs' are really attractive alright! Better yet when I have a nearly 2 year old mimicking me too :o:D

[/QUOTE]

Especially yesterday when I went in for my check up with only 2 hours sleep. Because I had so little sleep I wasn't bothered putting on the make-up or getting dressed up, and I was having a bit of a fat day and holding my belly a lot. And then when we saw the doctor she looked like a model, typical. She looked younger than me, and I'm only 22! :rolleyes:[/Quote]

Or even worse is when you bump into a really glamourous looking pregnant woman, perfect hair, make-up, clothes etc. always on a day when you've snook out of the house for milk in your trackie bottoms, your OH's biggest t-shirt & hair thrown back in a half hearted ponytail :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Ladies is blood after sex normal enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

javagal wrote: »

If you have a bleed, ring the hospital / doctor. My idea of a little blood and your could be totally different.
    Better yet when I have a nearly 2 year old mimicking me too

My little one has just started walking, everyone thinks its so funny as me and her walk the same, me like a 90 year old and her toddling along. My mother in law even did a video for proof. She was right.

I went for my appointment today, what a pain, its a form of contraception. 2 and a half hours sitting on a bench waiting for a 10 minute appointment to tell me the same as last week..... and that the doctor will be surprised if I make it till next week, as she was last week and the week before...

Obviously this child is like my other halfs family, I'm always early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 parnellie

The amount of urine samples u havta give at the hospital is a joke! This time wasnt so bad cos im burstin all day everyday but a few wks ago i was in with dehydration and i was asked for 3samples in the he space of a few hrs! Eh hello where dya think im getting all this pee from?

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »

Did you get this checked Java? I don`t think this is normal please tell me you called someone!

Advertisement