Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

theg81der wrote: »
    Did you get this checked Java? I don`t think this is normal please tell me you called someone!

I rang hospital this morning and doctor sad it's normal as there's so much extra blood an irritation up there (sorry tmi) and as it turned brown it had stopped and not to go in unless it starts up reddish again or I get pain..

Will be laying off the nookie for a while. Chocolate will have to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

javagal wrote: »
    I rang hospital this morning and doctor sad it's normal as there's so much extra blood an irritation up there (sorry tmi) and as it turned brown it had stopped and not to go in unless it starts up reddish again or I get pain..

Will be laying off the nookie for a while. Chocolate will have to do..

Lol poor Mr Java! I`m so panicky I think I would have been on to everyone. Ordered doppler the other day and I`m counting the minutes till I get my hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Lol poor Mr Java! I`m so panicky I think I would have been on to everyone. Ordered doppler the other day and I`m counting the minutes till I get my hands on it.

My mam got me one as a pressie and was meant to pick it up this morning but then HE was at me!!! Do they work this early?

javagal wrote: »
    My mam got me one as a pressie and was meant to pick it up this morning but then HE was at me!!! Do they work this early?

Depends which one but the one I`ve ordered, angelsounds, does. I have someones summer one but its useless. If you read the reviews on amazons you`ll get an idea. I`ll tell you when I get my mitts n it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I have the angelsounds one - their cheap as chips version.

The first time I tried all i could hear was my heartbeat - so I left it a week (I needed nerves of steel not to call the doc in a panic) and now I can hear the babies heartbeat within 5 seconds of looking.

It's not loud, but its definitely there. Hubby heard it for the first time at the weekend and was ecstatic, bless :)

My only tips would be have a relatively full bladder (not hard, I know!) and go slowly, quite low down, just above your pubic bone. I've used baby oil gel and durex play as the conductor gels with great success, but even water is supposed to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

I've a sore throat just wondering if any of you ladies have a safe remedy for me? I'm a teacher too so I won't get to rest it especially with the bunch I teach!! :(

lmullen wrote: »
    I've a sore throat just wondering if any of you ladies have a safe remedy for me? I'm a teacher too so I won't get to rest it especially with the bunch I teach!! :(

Think dfflam spray is ok to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Paracetamols safe!

Really reached the point of no sleep now - so bloody uncomfortable!!! That's a lie I do sleep... It's just not alot!!! And I'm so impatient!! Really wanna see my babs now!! And my ankles are like tree trunks over the last week - only shoes I fit now are uggs!! Even they leave a mark - didn't think that would be possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

dublinlady wrote: »
    Really reached the point of no sleep now - so bloody uncomfortable!!! That's a lie I do sleep... It's just not alot!!! And I'm so impatient!! Really wanna see my babs now!! And my ankles are like tree trunks over the last week - only shoes I fit now are uggs!! Even they leave a mark - didn't think that would be possible!

Me too! (well apart from the swollen ankles). I get about one good night's sleep every 5 days, just from sheer tiredness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

My partner asks me at least twice a day 'cant we just have the baby now' were both so impatient its ridiculous...everything is ready, just need the baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Every morning I wake up I think, the baby could be out by 12am tonight.... its the only thing keeping me sane. I'm even glad I have my 1 year old to keep me busy, we have a shedule that the president would be proud of over the next week....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Lemsip is fine to take:)
    lmullen wrote: »

marley123 wrote: »

Not according to the pharmacist! It has a decongestant in it and I`d like my mucous plug to stay nice and congested!

marley123 wrote: »

Not according to the pharmacist! It has a decongestant in it and I`d like my mucous plug to stay nice and congested!

Lemsip cold and flu has no decongestant just paracetamol and vit c, lemsip sinus and flu has a decongestant.

Lemsip cold and flu has no decongestant just paracetamol and vit c, lemsip sinus and flu has a decongestant.

Ok sorry pharmacist told me the other day I couldn`t and my friend said thats why :confused:

Ok sorry pharmacist told me the other day I couldn`t and my friend said thats why :confused:

Hehe dont be apologising!!! I just know I was v . Sick before Christmas and asked my g.p and pharmacist and was told the regular one which is just lemsip cold and flu literally only has paracetamol and vit c - if in any doubt ask in the pharmacy to read the box - if it has pseudoephedrine in it you can't take it as that's the decongestant but it's only in the sinus and flu one , and actually it's in the capsules. But the plain sachets with just cold and flu on box are grand :) if in any doubt check with ur gp. Your right to be better safe than sorry!

http://www.lemsip.co.uk/our_cold_and_flu_remedies/lemsip_original_hot_drinks.php

The original plain old lemsip contains the decongestant phenylephrine hydrochloride! I took it about half through my pregnancy as i was dying with cold, my gp told me it was ok but then the midwife told me no, its often thought its ok but t'aint! I had taken about 10 of them at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have gained 6 pounds in a week.... now I know I want to gain weight but that is just a tad excessive... 6 pounds! Thats 11 pounds in 3 weeks... Time to stop eating so much mint crisps I think :p

cyning wrote: »
    I have gained 6 pounds in a week.... now I know I want to gain weight but that is just a tad excessive... 6 pounds! Thats 11 pounds in 3 weeks... Time to stop eating so much mint crisps I think :p

Just be thankful you can!

• Advertisement

pippington wrote: »
    http://www.lemsip.co.uk/our_cold_and_flu_remedies/lemsip_original_hot_drinks.php

The original plain old lemsip contains the decongestant phenylephrine hydrochloride! I took it about half through my pregnancy as i was dying with cold, my gp told me it was ok but then the midwife told me no, its often thought its ok but t'aint! I had taken about 10 of them at this stage!

Hey - the uk licensed lemsips are different to the ones marketed in ireland (south) see the link below it shows the ingredients of the various varieties available in the republic - the regular cold and flu ones here do not contain phenylepherine and so are perfectly safe to take - just to add to the confusion! but its listed here as is on the box i have here - ingredients - paracetamol only - so it is safe.
    http://www.medicines.ie/searchresults.aspx?term=lemsip&searchtype=AdvancedSearch

well this is good to know! Thanks :) even though mild heart attack over the others i had taken was completely needless :D

its a bloody minefield!!!they should really just mark very clearly on each box - safe in pregnancy or not!!!

Just be thankful you can!

Honestly I thought it would never ever end... the last week has been great! If I get an empty stomach now I get sick so I just keep nibbling through the nausea and haven't puked in 3 days (3 whole days!!)... it will pass it's just crap while your waiting for it to disappear. I still am as nauseus as hell in mornings but I just don't care I'm so improved! So 16 weeks was the magic point for me :D

Great to hear your feeling better Cyning! :)

Can't sleep :( have tidied baby clothes. Back in bed. Heartburn and racing mind. Grrr. Husband snoring - moved room. Rennies in other room grrrr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Mind if I join in the ranting? My baby's head is right down now, so my not very attractive waddle has progressed into a total "I'm walking with a bowling ball between my legs" kind of thing. Nice.

Plus my extra pounds gained is showing in a lovely double chin now. Puffy cheeks, double chin, waddling like a constipated duck. Could I be any more attractive to my husband right now?

morebabies wrote: »
    Mind if I join in the ranting? My baby's head is right down now, so my not very attractive waddle has progressed into a total "I'm walking with a bowling ball between my legs" kind of thing. Nice.

Plus my extra pounds gained is showing in a lovely double chin now. Puffy cheeks, double chin, waddling like a constipated duck. Could I be any more attractive to my husband right now?

You could always try talking to him about your piles while he's rubbing your elephant ankles?? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

My moan is that I have a runny nose and can't stop sneezing. I have no cough just my nose driving me insane. I now have red dry skin from my lips up to my nose. Looks Great. Vasaline isn't working as I keep wiping it off!!

Then everytime I sneeze I get a pain in my side, think it's that round ligament thing. Just fed up of it now, it seems to be going on weeks. :mad:

• Advertisement

So I know most people find this in the first trimester but hey I spent most of that really sick and dehydrated: so now I've realised I can't sleep through the night without getting up normally twice to go the loo! Mental! And I am a ball of hormones... seriously!!

And the shop is out of mint crisps... :mad: I want a mint crisp really really badly :mad:

Advertisement