Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I'm very emotional these days.
    Was upset all day yesterday as hubby didn't give me a kiss goodbye. Rang him and he didn't answer, I thought I had pissed him off, and that's why he didn't kiss me, rang him back again and when he answered I started bawling down the phone! He had left about 2 hours earlier than usual and didn't want to wake me.
    I nearly started off again today on the phone to him because he never told me it was his nieces birthday tomorrow and I hadn't even got a card for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

morebabies wrote: »
    Mind if I join in the ranting? My baby's head is right down now, so my not very attractive waddle has progressed into a total "I'm walking with a bowling ball between my legs" kind of thing. Nice.

Plus my extra pounds gained is showing in a lovely double chin now. Puffy cheeks, double chin, waddling like a constipated duck. Could I be any more attractive to my husband right now?

That describes me to a tee at the moment. If it puts my husband off me temporarily it's not so bad as there's just nothing sexy about being constipated :o

Aw silly I was the same last night, cried at every programme I watched :o

Ooh cyning I'm not impressed at your shop being out of mint crisps,especially not since you're only starting to come through the other side of your morning sickness (goes off to stick box after eights on shopping list :pac:)

Dublinlady I'm the same with the racing mind at bedtime. finally got to sleep at 2am Tuesday night, after 1am last night. better switch off my busy mind tonight as have 6:30am start to do nct in the morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Im feeling miserable, awake the last hour and a half with a real dry cough and a blocked nose , is these anything i can take for the cough would like to stay away from medicines if at all possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Im feeling miserable, awake the last hour and a half with a real dry cough and a blocked nose , is these anything i can take for the cough would like to stay away from medicines if at all possible

U know it doesn't sound great but steam inhalation really helped me! Hot water in a basin of water and a towel over ur head! Good for ur skin anyway ;)
    Also drink honey in hot water - helps to coat the throat etc.
    Sterimar nasal spray is just saline and good for clearing the nose!

dublinlady wrote: »
    U know it doesn't sound great but steam inhalation really helped me! Hot water in a basin of water and a towel over ur head! Good for ur skin anyway ;)
    Also drink honey in hot water - helps to coat the throat etc.
    Sterimar nasal spray is just saline and good for clearing the nose!

Thanks for that, im taking the honey and lemon in hot water alright, its fair annoying as im going to killarney for the weekend tomorrow but sure ill suffer on :)

• Advertisement

I'm a bit devastated..... The only pair of maternity jeans that still fitted me just ripped at the crotch!!! And so close to the finish line!! What the hell am I meant to wear for the next 11 days!!!

could they not be stitched?

It's a round big hole... Beyond my capabilities!!! Plus if stitched they'd prob just rip again if I tried to squeeze in!! Haha I'm a fatty now..,!!!

It's a round big hole... Beyond my capabilities!!! Plus if stitched they'd prob just rip again if I tried to squeeze in!! Haha I'm a fatty now..,!!!

:-( oh no hope you have something else comfortable to wear , its only 11days x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'm a bit devastated..... The only pair of maternity jeans that still fitted me just ripped at the crotch!!! And so close to the finish line!! What the hell am I meant to wear for the next 11 days!!!

I've a feeling I'll be spending my last few days in PJs at the rate I'm out growing clothes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Constipation. That is all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Back pain. grrr. When I stand up. When I sit down. When I bend, stretch, carry something, when I'm lying down. Every time I wake up during the night to go to the loo, I find it hard to get back to sleep because I'm so uncomfortable. Using pillows to support the bump was helping for a while but now they just make things more awkward. mad.gif

I'm sorry, I actually laughed at this cos it's the exact sort of thing that would happen to me :pac: sure give the sewing a go, it's not like anyone will be able to see the quality of the stitching. Or failing that, try to find some knickers that are the same colour as the jeans ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Leggings and stealing my OH trakkie bottoms were the only way I got through the last few weeks of pregnancy :P

Lola92 wrote: »
    Leggings and stealing my OH trakkie bottoms were the only way I got through the last few weeks of pregnancy :P

I have rebelled... Just not getting dressed at all today!!!! Haha!!!

Lol poor Dublinlady, should we keep an eye on the news in case there are reports of a semi naked preggers woman wandering around Dublin? :P:D

I feel your pain, I have (few) maternity clothes but they're not great, I'll be living in leggings for the next 3 months at this rate!

Grapefruit Moon - I've found lately fresh mango or pineapple works wonders for the old constitution. You can get laxulose over the counter in the chemist either, it's safe to take during pregnancy (I was recommended it on this and last pregnancy).
    Other than that, trying to cut down on tea (if you drink it) and replace it with water helps a lot.
    I'm not a big fan of drinking water, but found if I put a drop of boiling water into it and a squeeze of lemon juice, it makes it a little more palatable.
    Failing that you could try sugar free dilute in water. Anything really to help increase your fluid intake.

One thing I find a magic remedy is Thai red curry. My sister is a chef, so every Friday I go to the restaurant she works in for my weekly prescription of curry.
    It's not very strong, but is very effecting :) If you want the base sauce for it pm me and I'll send some onto you.
    She gave me a few sample packs of the sauce they use in the restaurant but I am the worlds most unadventurous chef so they'll probably stay in my cupboard until the run out of date otherwise :o

I'm back to moaning about indigestion again (my own fault now that I'm back to drinking tea and having the obligatory bit of chocolate/biscuit with it :o), although I did find last night that several after eights are a good cure for indigestion (tasty too :pac:)

Betsie hope you enjoy your weekend in Killarney! I agree with the boiling hot water to steam with. a blob of vicks in the boiling water or eucalyptus leave's if you've any growing nearby are great too.

Shuwaaah I hope the back pain eases soon, are you getting much of a bump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I found that when i got really big near the end if i got my ordinary leggings and put them on backwards they were so much more comfy.. ;) i worked til 2 weeks overdue so i couldn't let it all hang out unfortunately. .

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Lol poor Dublinlady, should we keep an eye on the news in case there are reports of a semi naked preggers woman wandering around Dublin? :P:D

I feel your pain, I have (few) maternity clothes but they're not great, I'll be living in leggings for the next 3 months at this rate!

Grapefruit Moon - I've found lately fresh mango or pineapple works wonders for the old constitution. You can get laxulose over the counter in the chemist either, it's safe to take during pregnancy (I was recommended it on this and last pregnancy).
    Other than that, trying to cut down on tea (if you drink it) and replace it with water helps a lot.
    I'm not a big fan of drinking water, but found if I put a drop of boiling water into it and a squeeze of lemon juice, it makes it a little more palatable.
    Failing that you could try sugar free dilute in water. Anything really to help increase your fluid intake.

One thing I find a magic remedy is Thai red curry. My sister is a chef, so every Friday I go to the restaurant she works in for my weekly prescription of curry.
    It's not very strong, but is very effecting :) If you want the base sauce for it pm me and I'll send some onto you.
    She gave me a few sample packs of the sauce they use in the restaurant but I am the worlds most unadventurous chef so they'll probably stay in my cupboard until the run out of date otherwise :o

I'm back to moaning about indigestion again (my own fault now that I'm back to drinking tea and having the obligatory bit of chocolate/biscuit with it :o), although I did find last night that several after eights are a good cure for indigestion (tasty too :pac:)

Betsie hope you enjoy your weekend in Killarney! I agree with the boiling hot water to steam with. a blob of vicks in the boiling water or eucalyptus leave's if you've any growing nearby are great too.

Shuwaaah I hope the back pain eases soon, are you getting much of a bump?

I'm getting there. 2 weeks ago my mother remarked that my bump was 'all to the front', sure where else would it be says I :rolleyes: but now I know what she meant! It's gotten so much wider, I've no waist at all! Which is why I can't sleep well most of the time, if I roll over onto my side at all it feels like I'm really putting pressure on the bump, even if I use a pillow to support it.

On the plus side, babs is bopping away inside, I think he might be doing jumping jacks, at times I do be kicked from end to end! :pac:

What about you Cap, how is the bump coming along? Have you tried the fruity rennies for the indigestion? I find I only get it when I lie down to go to bed, I have one of two of them and it generally sorts me out (mine's mild enough though)

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    I'm getting there. 2 weeks ago my mother remarked that my bump was 'all to the front', sure where else would it be says I :rolleyes: but now I know what she meant! It's gotten so much wider, I've no waist at all! Which is why I can't sleep well most of the time, if I roll over onto my side at all it feels like I'm really putting pressure on the bump, even if I use a pillow to support it.

On the plus side, babs is bopping away inside, I think he might be doing jumping jacks, at times I do be kicked from end to end! :pac:

What about you Cap, how is the bump coming along? Have you tried the fruity rennies for the indigestion? I find I only get it when I lie down to go to bed, I have one of two of them and it generally sorts me out (mine's mild enough though)

Ah how I love the comments about how you're carrying your bump. Every week last time it alternated between 'oh you're carrying high, it's definitely going to be a girl!' and a week later (same person), 'oh you're carrying low, it has to be a boy'. Never mind the fact that baby was prone to yo-yo'ing up and down several time's a day!! :rolleyes:

I'm loving the fruity rennies though to be honest they don't really work. I've had a bubble of acid indigestion at the back of my throat all day, so uncomfortable!
    Bump is getting massive thanks! I'm starting to develop a real duck waddle when I walk now, have to keep reminding myself to walk properly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Watch the time travellers wife on ch4 last night and cried....no howled for 2 hours like some kind of weirdo, hubby didn`t know what to do. My hormones must be raging I`m covered in spots too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Spent the weekend feeling like crap... and woke up this morning vomiting. Bile. More than once. And retching incessently. I am gutted... I wish to god I had never heard of hyperemesis and that it would just go away... id been feeling so well :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

theg81der wrote: »
    Watch the time travellers wife on ch4 last night and cried....no howled for 2 hours like some kind of weirdo, hubby didn`t know what to do. My hormones must be raging I`m covered in spots too.

Ah yes the crying...the other day I watched the episode of Friends where Rachel has her baby (not on purpose, it just happened to be on) and when they gave her her baby I just roared crying. All the while saying in my head "This is a silly reason to cry"! EVERYTHING is setting me off at the moment.

My moan for the day...I get to 39 weeks and it's NOW I get piles! Godammit I thought I had escaped! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

cyning wrote: »
    Spent the weekend feeling like crap... and woke up this morning vomiting. Bile. More than once. And retching incessently. I am gutted... I wish to god I had never heard of hyperemesis and that it would just go away... id been feeling so well :mad:

Agh no not again you poor thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭secman

Just dropping in ...... my daughter is due on or about 20th Feb... can't wait, but about a month ago she went through a nightmare 2 weeks with heartburn, tried all the usual suspects...rennies , Galviscon to no avail. She was told to try and drink a cup of boiled water after each meal, as in make a cup of tea, without a tea bag and put in cold water instead of milk ! and it has worked a treat, has not had a problem since...........thank god.

Good luck to all of the expectant Moms

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I can no longer sleep...there is no way to get comfortable...frightened the poo out of the boyfriend wandering around our bedroom in the early hours of the morning..just feel my bump has expanded out of all proportion..also my left side, used to be it hurt if he kicked around there...but now its just on and off all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

The nausea and retching has started:mad::mad::mad: I don't know why I even bothered to think I might not get sick on this pregnancy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant, and I still haven't felt a twitch from the baby. It seems all the rest of the July 2012 ladies are feeling butterflies or bubbles, and I feel nada. I'm starting to worry that something is wrong :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Kash wrote: »
    I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant, and I still haven't felt a twitch from the baby. It seems all the rest of the July 2012 ladies are feeling butterflies or bubbles, and I feel nada. I'm starting to worry that something is wrong :(

Everyone is different as to when they feel their baby for the first time. Alot of things can determine when you feel your baby including how and where the baby is lying. Don't panic especially if it is your first, first baby's are always a bit later at announcing their presence. If you really want you reassure yourself make any appointment with your GP, most of them have dopplers and you can get to hear your baby's heartbeat to put your mind at ease.

Excellent tip secman, tried it tonight & so far no indigestion, thank you!

(Good luck to your daughter on her impending arrival, not long now!)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Kash wrote: »

I didnt feel anything until well into 20 weeks, so dont worry. I put it down to me having phenomenal abs pre-pregnancy :). At my 21 week scan she mentioned my placenta was slightly lower so maybe thats why? 26 weeks this week and baby is kicking so hard I can see it from the outside.

Do you have a doppler? I found that so reassuring from 12 - 20 weeks, to hear a steady heartbeat I could relax knowing all was well.

Advertisement