Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Kash wrote: »
    I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant, and I still haven't felt a twitch from the baby. It seems all the rest of the July 2012 ladies are feeling butterflies or bubbles, and I feel nada. I'm starting to worry that something is wrong :(

Kash it could be dependent also on the location of your placenta.
    When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had anterior placenta, which is where my placenta was underneath baby/covering the birth canal.
    As a result, I felt first movement quite early (17/18 weeks) and from 23 weeks her kicks were really visible - you could see lumps and bumps on my tum when baby kicked.

Now on my second pregnancy the placenta is in between baby and my tum, so I didn't feel anything you could class as a proper kick until at least 22/23 weeks, and the bubbles I only felt at around 20 weeks I think.
    When baby kicks, even now at this later stage (almost 30 weeks), it is only when the baby does a rare very hefty kick that you can see my tum move.

As Ms2011 said, if you have any concerns definitely contact your GP or even ring the labour ward of the hospital you're attending.

I have a doppler I'm not using, pm me if you want it and I'll post it onto you, it's great for peace of mind/reassurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i need this cough and cold to go away fairly lively, its wrecking my head. i can't sleep with it and Im propped up with about 4 pillows no try but no joy x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Thanks cap, neyite and Ms, I know I'm probably being a worry wart for nothing.

I do actually have a doppler, but I'm in Dublin, and it's in Clare, so I haven't been able to reassure myself the way I normally can when I get the crazies.

Delighted to find out that so many people didn't feel it until later, it seemed like i was the only one over 16 weeks in the July thread who hadn't felt the baby stir (and it's certainly not down to my 'super' abs - but might be down to their super padding :D )

Big thanks again, you've put my mind at rest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Sit, stand or lie...none of these positions are comfortable for more than 5 minutes, I'm tired beyond belief but can't seem to stay still long enough for a good rest :-(:-(:-(

51 more days to go, not that I'm counting or anything!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

kash, could also be a case that your just not feeling the movements. I've felt movements but now that im back into a busy day schedule i dont feel much.

• Advertisement

Hormonal to the hilt I went on a bender of housework yesterday and gardening today, as a a result I have not just one but several thrombosed beauties that will require my doctors attention.

Problem is they got particularly bad tonight, but it'll be Friday afternoon before I get to see my GP & I'm back to work tomorrow, so will have to work and try not to be a contrary hormental b1tch til I get treatment for them. Not fun :(

It should be absolutely compulsory that the father of the child should feel one week of pregnancy symptoms to include morning sickness, back pain, bladder that requires emptying every 2 minutes, piles, constipation & stretch marks. Only fair I think :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It should be absolutely compulsory that the father of the child should feel one week of pregnancy symptoms to include morning sickness, back pain, bladder that requires emptying every 2 minutes, piles, constipation & stretch marks. Only fair I think :P

I'd settle for him feeling an hour of pregnancy symptoms :p

I am so thirsty its not even funny anymore! No matter what I do I cannot shift the thirstiness: and because I drink so much I am practically living in the bathroom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Oh I just wish I could hand over the bump to him for one night!!!

Last day or two feeling completely exhausted - I wake up feeling drugged and like I can't move! This is after about 8-9 hrs of sleep (interrupted for per breaks obvs!) !

My whole body aches - it started with what I thought was carpel tunnel as was just in my fingers and wrists for last couple of weeks but yest and today it's all over my body! Feel as if I have flu without any of the other symptoms!!
    I have weird bowel movements - not diarrhoea but not far off.
    I gave really mild braxton hicks.

I'm only 38 & 2 but starting to wonder could thee symptoms be a sign the baby wants to make a move before my section on tue??!! I'm going on a journey today which will have me over 2 hrs away from hospital for the night so I hope not!!

Moan moan moan... And the problem is I've moaned so much to my husband lately that I really dont think he's hearing it any more!!!

Saying all of that I'm still delighted and sooo excited..... Is that allowed on this thread...? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

dublinlady wrote: »
    Moan moan moan... And the problem is I've moaned so much to my husband lately that I really dont think he's hearing it any more!!!

Saying all of that I'm still delighted and sooo excited..... Is that allowed on this thread...? ;)

Maybe your husband has picked up that tip from Home Simpson where the little monkey starts clashing the cymbals in his head when Marge starts talking!

Roll on Valentines Day says you :D

Heartburn

It's completely self explanatory... nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ribcage pain :(
    Though I'm only 26 weeks and its more common in the third tri, I have it.

Wouldn't this thread be a great contraceptive if women read all the symptoms we have to endure? :D

Thank God it's all worth it in the end!!

Mink a lady posted a tip I think on the pregnancy thread suggesting drinking a big glass of warm water after your evening meal. I found it works a treat as I had horrible heartburn all evening after my dinner prior to taking the sup of water instead of my usual cup on tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

I now know how the rest of you ladies feel with the heartburn. Before I only had it mild, last night it hit me full force, didnt get to sleep till after 2am, and woke up at 6am feeling all burny and couldn't get back to sleep. So I finally had to ditch my lovely fruity Rennies (that I was eating for the tastiness more so than anything else) and get some Gaviscon instead. And it hasn't worked :-( must try the glass of water!

I'm 29+3 and haven't been kicked in the ribs yet, but getting plenty of rib pain nonetheless. If I bend over it feels like one of my left ribs is sticking into me, if that makes any sense. And I'm waddling around today as I've a constant pain in my pubic bone if I stand up / walk / try to kick the other half over to his own side of the bed. All these new reasons for moaning just landed within the last 24 hours.

I'm also considering inventing some sort of padded wall to put in the bed to split it into two equal sides. Himself generally tosses and turns a bit and sleeps all over the place, but lately the only way I can sleep is if I'm lying spread-eagled over the whole bed.
    It's like a war zone, I was sitting there last night listening to him snoring, and me wide awake with my lovely heartburn and various other complaints, and I was just stewing and getting angrier and eventually directed my anger at him and gave him a serious elbow in the chest cos he tried to put his arm around me. The poor man, god help him for the next few months :o

I'm 18 weeks and I've been wandering around with Thermacare heat patches on my ribs for over the last week... and I don't have a baby kicking me at all yet :)

Itchy itchy itchy :P i am desperately itchy and it is driving me loopy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I think the baby is actually trying to exit via my belly button!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

pippington wrote: »
    I think the baby is actually trying to exit via my belly button!

That made me lol!

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    I'm also considering inventing some sort of padded wall to put in the bed to split it into two equal sides. Himself generally tosses and turns a bit and sleeps all over the place, but lately the only way I can sleep is if I'm lying spread-eagled over the whole bed.
    It's like a war zone, I was sitting there last night listening to him snoring, and me wide awake with my lovely heartburn and various other complaints, and I was just stewing and getting angrier and eventually directed my anger at him and gave him a serious elbow in the chest cos he tried to put his arm around me. The poor man, god help him for the next few months :o

I think this is going to be a problem for me later on. I already get grumpy with himself snoring or encroaching on my side of the bed. I have amazing sleeps if he's away for the night - I just set up camp in the middle of the bed & spread eagle away and sleep like a baby.
    I really can see myself sleeping in the spare room or shoving him to the spare room some nights. He can be an awful snorer.

There was a lady I knew who was pregnant with twins & went all the way to 39 weeks (both babies were over 7lbs) and she stayed sleeping in the bed with her husband at night as he didn't want to be separated from her (awww). She wouldn't sleep well at all during the night but then during the day she'd have a long nap in the middle of the bed surrounded by cushions. I don't think I'd give a crap, I'd be like "grand, let's get you a blowup bed for the floor & I'll take the bed", I'm so mean :D

I'm sooooo tired right now I'm hallucinating about pillows, downy duvets, fresh sheets, warm jammies ............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Couldn't agree more - last nite I kicked himself out to the spare room and that's where he can stay until Tuesday!! What is the point if neither of us getting sleep in the last 4 nights before the baby comes - sure after she arrives we will have to sacrifice it altogether!! And I think then I'll give him many nights off in the spare room as what's the point in him gettin no sleep while I'm breast feeding - then after a few weeks when I can express I'll expect the same courtesy back!!

I somehow managed to have a mammoth sleep last night....slept from 1:30am till 6:30am...then went back to sleep till 2 pm...apparently i got up 5 times to pee, but i dont remember any of them, exhaustion does amazing things :)

god and i thought i had a good sleep last night, i slept from 9.30 until 7am which is excellent as seen as for the last few weeks i was only getting about 4hours a night

• Advertisement

Ah ladies feeling miserable today. Bump is so low I feel like it's gonna hit off my knees when I'm walking, even walking feels like I'm just dragging myself from place to place :rolleyes:
    I can't get comfortable in any position and feel exhausted, I really feel like I've hit a wall in the last week and have indigestion most nights.
    What's really getting in on me too is I'm a neat freak but haven't been able to keep up with the housework as I'm so tired :(
    I really feel done with the pregnant bit now, I'm so ready for the mammy bit ;)

Ms2011 I'm the same, house is like an utter tip (no exaggeration!) but I thought feck it, I could tire myself running ragged getting it tidied tonight or be kind to myself and take it easy.
    So I went with the taking it easy instead :)

I've a little girl sick with croup at the moment sounding utterly miserable so it's been a welcome distraction to feeling sorry for myself as I had been earlier today!

Hopefully you'll get a good rest over the weekend and things won't seem so bad.

My moan is I went to the doctor today to have my rotten dose of piles sorted. Gp is an absolute dote, very nice guy. But he didn't look at them, instead prescribed stuff I've already been taking for the past week without effect then told me to return Monday if they weren't better so he could check them and decide then whether to drain them or send me to hospital to have them lanced (sorry for the tmi :o).
    I just don't understand why he couldn't have checked them today and made the decision based on that! Instead I have an uncomfortable weekend ahead of me walking like John Wayne :(

On the up side my ante natal check up with him went great, bab's heartbeak good and strong, measuring perfect for my dates so happy out.

10 weeks to go :D

Ladies that's so funny kicking the men folk into the spare bedroom instead.
    I remember a few years ago having a silly row with himself and in a sulk going into the spare room for the night.
    Best night's sleep ever was had by me :D

I can honestly say that my husband has spent part of the night in the spare room every night for oh I guess the last 12 weeks if not longer... we go to bed, after awhile he goes to spare room I fall asleep then he wakes up and comes back into me :D Some nights I kick him out again (quite literally!).

I am so so sick of being pregnant. I finally start to get over the sickness: I was back to my pre preganancy weight and everything and then today I have a bleed and cramping that puts the heart cross ways in both me and my poor husband: just as he had started to relax just a tiny bit. I am so sick of worrying constantly I just want to enjoy being pregnant just for a day: just one day :rolleyes: And even though babs heartbeat is fine I cannot stop worrying. The doctors happy and not worried but that doesn't reassure me that much :( Just over 21 weeks to go now.

Aww cyning I really hope your ok, I know it's so hard not to worry but if the docs have checked ya out and everything looks good you have to try to believe them - easier said than done! The worry is bad enough without bein given a fright - but just remember little heartbeat strong and steady in there so all is well!

My mOan is that I cried 5 times today. Once cos someone skipped me in a queue! It's official... I'm gone to la la land....!!

And I didn't think my feet and ankles could get bigger... But they have!

a cyning, i hope everything is ok,

my moan is i had a fab sleep last night and tonight Im wide awake now since half 3 and no sign of sleep and have to be at work for 8am :-(

How is it possible that clothes that fit fine 3 days ago now make me look like I'm wearing a belly top :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ms2011 wrote: »
    How is it possible that clothes that fit fine 3 days ago now make me look like I'm wearing a belly top :-\
    The baby might have moved down, apparently my tummy is much lower than it was, I only noticed when I put on my maternity jeans and my tummy was sticking out, cos I couldn't pull the jeans up (before, the belly band went under my belly)

I have pretty much given up on any hope of looking nice for the next couple weeks....no point in getting bigger maternity clothes now!

Made a list of the housework i must do in the next 2 weeks before the baby arrives...i will try anything to make the 2 weeks seem shorter!

pippington wrote: »
    I have pretty much given up on any hope of looking nice for the next couple weeks....no point in getting bigger maternity clothes now!

Made a list of the housework i must do in the next 2 weeks before the baby arrives...i will try anything to make the 2 weeks seem shorter!

I hear ya! Just spent 2 & 1/2 hrs ironing... I never iron.... Only 3 sleeps left!

• Advertisement

Cant believe that dublinlady! I'll be thinking about ya tuesday!

Advertisement