Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

dublinlady wrote: »
    .... Only 3 sleeps left!

Only 2 sleeps left, yay!

(67 odd left here :rolleyes:) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

.... Only 3 sleeps left!

Only 2 sleeps left, yay!

(67 odd left here :rolleyes:) :D

47 for me :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

12 for me if he decides to mosey on out on time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

pippington wrote: »

Crickey... One sleep left....
    Ya know this is the funny thing about an "elective" (implies its by choice..?!) c section.... Knowing when it's going to happen... It's so surreal tho I don't even really think its sunk in I'm pregnant and having a baby at all yet!! Even this morning I caught my reflection in the mirror and feel as tho it's not me!!! And typically whatever is going on with my bump right now it's just a lovely perfect shape... I'm kinda sad it's going... Even tho I know I'll have the most amazing thing in the world and something I've been trying for for yrs now - ill still miss my bump! I'm excited yet I'm worried... I'm delighted yet I'm overwhelmed... I'm ecstatic yet I'm frightened... I'm a but of a mess really... Hehe! Strangely calm at the same time tho. The house is ready - I can do no more, my bag has been repacked 100 times, I'll have a bath tonight and sort out hair etc.... So now I think I'll go and enjoy my last day on the couch with just me and the dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

pippington wrote: »

Crickey... One sleep left....
    Ya know this is the funny thing about an "elective" (implies its by choice..?!) c section.... Knowing when it's going to happen... It's so surreal tho I don't even really think its sunk in I'm pregnant and having a baby at all yet!! Even this morning I caught my reflection in the mirror and feel as tho it's not me!!! And typically whatever is going on with my bump right now it's just a lovely perfect shape... I'm kinda sad it's going... Even tho I know I'll have the most amazing thing in the world and something I've been trying for for yrs now - ill still miss my bump! I'm excited yet I'm worried... I'm delighted yet I'm overwhelmed... I'm ecstatic yet I'm frightened... I'm a but of a mess really... Hehe! Strangely calm at the same time tho. The house is ready - I can do no more, my bag has been repacked 100 times, I'll have a bath tonight and sort out hair etc.... So now I think I'll go and enjoy my last day on the couch with just me and the dog...
    you'll have your baby tomorrow eek!that's so exciting !
    Will be thinking of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Dublinlady so excited for you. It must be so mad knowing the exact day your baby is coming, but it certainly has it's benefits. Definitely enjoy your official last day "off" for a while.
    I don't think there'll be any sleep gotten in your house tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

best of luck dublinlady, cant believe tomorrow you will have you little bundle of joy with you :) best of luck and hope everything goes well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Best of luck dublinlady, can't wait to hear all the details of your little one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Best of luck Dublinlady! You must be so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Aww Im so excited for you dublinlady, best of luck tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Best of luck today dublinlady!

15 + 3 weeks today and i feel like a whale :-( just want to go back to bed,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Heartburn ... should have bought shares in gaviscon!

37+3 and nothing stirring yet ... stop asking me!!! Should have told everyone baby was due around easter :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭secman

Re heartburn, have you tried the cup of hot water after each meal, its like making a cup of tea witout a tea bag, and adding cold water instead of milk, my daugher who is due 1 week from today , please god, went through a terrible 2 weeks with the dreaded heart burn and she tried the above and no more heart burn.
    I posted it here before and i think it worked for a few others too.

Best of luck

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭secman

Re heartburn, have you tried the cup of hot water after each meal, its like making a cup of tea witout a tea bag, and adding cold water instead of milk, my daugher who is due 1 week from today , please god, went through a terrible 2 weeks with the dreaded heart burn and she tried the above and no more heart burn.
    I posted it here before and i think it worked for a few others too.

Best of luck

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

knit wit, you have my sympathy. No matter how many times I told my mother that she would be the first to know when anything was happening and that I didn't appreciate her barrage of emails, texts and calls she kept at it, it added so much extra stress to the situation.

We've already decided that this time (a) she's being told the baby is due a month later than it is and (b) any repeat of that behaviour and my husband will be having a chat with her and my Dad about it.

Hope everyone is surviving!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Knit wit wrote: »
    Heartburn ... should have bought shares in gaviscon!

37+3 and nothing stirring yet ... stop asking me!!! Should have told everyone baby was due around easter :(

Knitwit, I can sympathise. I find a glass of milk helps ease the burning. Think it neutralises the acid or something.

Thanks for the heartburn remedies ... Have tried the hot water b4 with no success ... I think milk is lovely immediately cooling but then it seems to make heartburn worse ... I think this will be a really hairy baby!

Knit_wit i know the feeling....I should take out shares in gaviscon! Im expecting my baby to be completly covered in hair at this stage

lol at all the hairy babies, I've visions of mine coming out with hairy arms & legs with the heartburn I'm getting :D

Knit wit I feel your pain. I went a fortnight over last time, one particular friend text EVERY.SINGLE.DAY, exact same message 'any sign yet?'.
    Drove me mad!!! This started from a week before my due date, so 3 weeks of these texts and I was fit to bin the phone!

I've told everyone from the start that my due date is April 19th - BUT I'm not expecting baby to arrive for at least a fortnight after!

Secman your tip worked great for me, I'm not a fan of drinking water ordinarily, but a I put a few drops of lemon juice in it & it goes down much easier.
    Surprisingly the lemon juice doesn't affect the acid/heartburn.

• Advertisement

Yup there'll be hairy babies popping out everywhere :D

Back at consultant today ... 38 weeks tomorrow ...said to come back in 2 weeks ... My heart sank ... He must have seen the look on my face ... He told me to come back next week instead;) not sure if thy makes things any better as I have a sneaking feeling I'll be still holding on at 42 weeks!

Ive a feeling il still be waiting at 42 weeks aswell! Im crawling the walls as it is...im doing everything to ensure head is coming down and baby will make a quick exit....bouncing on the ball..walking up and down stairs...going for walks..going for swims...eating spicy food etc etc...to be told oh the head is only partially engaged! 9 days till due date :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Back to vomiting every morning again, and at night sometimes. I hate puking so so much :mad: Drinking getting more difficult too: this is what I was so afraid of... it coming back :mad:

Ah cyning so sorry to hear your so sick again, does anything relieve it like ginger or raspberry tea maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ah cyning so sorry to hear your so sick again, does anything relieve it like ginger or raspberry tea maybe?

Nope unfortunately not... its just too severe. Just need to try and keep drinking and eating... way easier said than done. Hopefully it just stays in morning though.... hyperemesis a bitch :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Cyning poor you.
    I hope it will ease soon :)
    I have similar problem, but thanks God it is only every 2-3 day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

I am full of complaints this week- my top 3 being acne (seriously, thought I was done with this crap after the dreaded teenage years!), constipation (damn iron tablets...) and of course the all consuming tiredness... Where is this supposed "preganacy glow"? I'm tired, pale, spotty and cranky- nothing glowing about me! :mad:

October, that describes me to a tee at the moment. I look like sh1t, pale spotty skin, dark circles under my eyes, piles, constantly tired from lack of sleep. Nothing glowing about my appearance :o

My moan today is that I keep blushing profusely, something I've never done before!
    No idea why & it's not that I'm anxious/nervous at the time, but constantly in work if a customer ask's me something I blush a deep hue. Bit weird if they're just asking a simple question like 'where is x?', but it looks terrible if I'm explaining something to them, it just look's like I'm probably lying to them :o

Cyning my heart goes out to you, you're having a really tough time of this pregnancy :( hopefully the sickness will ease soon x

Ooh just thought of another moan, had a customer in work today that expected me to lift a heavy item for him. (about the weight of a bag of spuds & bulky too)
    When I apologised & said I couldn't lift that up as I'm pregnant, he walked away! so I had to call one of my colleagues to lift the item onto the counter instead.
    It was pure laziness, as the customer carried the item out of the shop a few minutes later, so it wasn't like he was unable to lift it himself.

I know pregnancy is not an illness & I certainly don't expect anyone to do me any favours by virtue of me being pregnant. However a bit of cop on and common decency would tell a grown man that he should have offered to lift the thing himself! :mad::mad: (and breathe :o:D)

I really emphatise caprilicious ... Some people are so ignorant!
    Cyning I really hope u feel better ...

My moan today is I suspect my baby has flipped back to transverse again ... Everything was fine on Thurs head down and ready to go ... Feeling rubbish and crampy all day yesterday now my bump is lopsided and I think bub has reverted to sideways ... :confused: I wish I could work out for sure which bit is which in the bump ... What I think is head could be bum and vice versa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Caprilicious that's ridiculous! Some people... :rolleyes: I've found that men are either overly helpful and careful (probably afraid to anger the beast that is pregnancy hormones) or else have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever!!

Advertisement