Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Only 7 days to go! The house is a kip! Oh God!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ooh just thought of another moan, had a customer in work today that expected me to lift a heavy item for him. (about the weight of a bag of spuds & bulky too)
    When I apologised & said I couldn't lift that up as I'm pregnant, he walked away! so I had to call one of my colleagues to lift the item onto the counter instead.
    It was pure laziness, as the customer carried the item out of the shop a few minutes later, so it wasn't like he was unable to lift it himself.

I know pregnancy is not an illness & I certainly don't expect anyone to do me any favours by virtue of me being pregnant. However a bit of cop on and common decency would tell a grown man that he should have offered to lift the thing himself! :mad::mad: (and breathe :o:D)

Pity the woman who has his kid, she wont get a scrap of sympathy. :( While all men pretty much know that pregnancy is normal and natural, the majority acknowledge that its tough work on your body sometimes and be helpful and considerate.

I work with a lot of blokes, and they are the ones who are offering to carry stuff, scolding me when I so much as lift a bale of paper, one of my bosses even admonished me for bending over to see where the photocopier was jammed (in my condition :p)

Yet my female supervisor who has had kids herself has allocated me work which involves moving archive boxes and other heavy stuff, while my non pregnant colleagues dont get any of that. :confused: Another woman that I work with, her sole acknowledgement of my pregnancy since October (not even a congrats) was to make a b!tchy comment about tempting fate when I said I was getting the cot last weekend.

I am far from a "pregnant princess" and have done my job as I have always done, but it is getting a bit tougher, where I used to dash around I have to walk slowly until my back and pelvis twinges ease. And I'm only working in an office, I couldnt imagine working in a shop where I am lifting heavy things or running around the place. :eek: My supervisor hasnt even mentioned a risk assessment, I dont think she even knows that she should do one to cover the company legally - I'm not gonna tell her either, thats what she gets paid for. She better hope I dont take April off with back or pelvic pain, because it would really feck up her nice little set shifts...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Neyite wrote: »
    My supervisor hasnt even mentioned a risk assessment, I dont think she even knows that she should do one to cover the company legally - I'm not gonna tell her either, thats what she gets paid for. She better hope I dont take April off with back or pelvic pain, because it would really feck up her nice little set shifts...;)

:eek: I'm shocked that she still hasn't done your risk assessment :eek: they really are leaving themselves wide open as a company without it.
    It's the first thing my hr asked me for & I work in a pretty male dominated workplace.

I've heard that before from people where they work with more women than men, that women are far less accommodating/sympathetic to their pregnant colleagues.
    October I definitely find that the guy's I work with are absolutely brill, I don't have to ask them to help they always offer.

Pippington if it's any consolation, I washed my floors for the first time in two weeks :o today. In my defence, I did vacuum the floors this week and last, just didn't actually get around to the washing end of things til today so you're not alone!

Knit wit, I can never figure out which bit is the head/bum (I just about figure it out when baby come's out :D), I'm fascinated at how the doc can give my tum a few gropes & figure out which bits are which :)

Braxton Hicks all day long...got a bit excited this morning, thought it was proper contractions...but alas no :(

pippington wrote: »
    Braxton Hicks all day long...got a bit excited this morning, thought it was proper contractions...but alas no :(

Same here which is weird, at least you're only a few days away from your due date, I'm 9 weeks off mine :o.
    I was in work today & they were so bad at one stage I was going to call the maternity ward for a bit of advice.
    I decided to wait til I got home and see did they ease off, thankfully they did.
    However every so often I get a really strong bearing down feeling. Baby is not all the way down (can feel jelly belly at end of bump :o). So hard to relax all the same!

I wish pregnancy was like an egg timer where it'd ring or something to let you know when baby is ready to come out, feck this not knowing what's happening lark :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Get out of my belly!!!

Ok less that 24 hours til they induce me but I just want it over with now!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Ooh just thought of another moan, had a customer in work today that expected me to lift a heavy item for him. (about the weight of a bag of spuds & bulky too)
    When I apologised & said I couldn't lift that up as I'm pregnant, he walked away! so I had to call one of my colleagues to lift the item onto the counter instead.
    It was pure laziness, as the customer carried the item out of the shop a few minutes later, so it wasn't like he was unable to lift it himself.

I know pregnancy is not an illness & I certainly don't expect anyone to do me any favours by virtue of me being pregnant. However a bit of cop on and common decency would tell a grown man that he should have offered to lift the thing himself! :mad::mad: (and breathe :o:D)

Oooo I've a few words to describe the likes of him, but I'm trying to cut down on my swearing before the baby gets here ;)
    I mean, the stage you're at I presume that you're obviously visibly pregnant, I'd find it hard to believe he didnt notice....grrrr. I'm all up in arms about this and it didn't even happen to me, I must be in a mood :rolleyes:

Cyning, sorry to hear you're ill again :( hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Neyite wrote: »
    I am far from a "pregnant princess" and have done my job as I have always done, but it is getting a bit tougher, where I used to dash around I have to walk slowly until my back and pelvis twinges ease.

Haha I think I'm turning into a "pregnant princess". Hubby has taken over hoovering & floor washing. But then he also does all the cooking & I'm supposed to do the washing up after, but he keeps doing it! Now I'm not moaning as it's very sweet but I think he's spoiling me now :D. I'll be a very lazy new mother come July.

I attempted going for a walk yesterday as my back was a lot better but got bad twinges in pelvis at back within firs 5 minutes and could only do little baby steps. Was so sore getting home. I really don't want to get inactive during the pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Have had a really yucky few weeks, feeling like crap and absolutely exhausted :( Trying to balance a full time college course, working part time and trying to fit assignments and study somewhere inbetween when all I want to do is sleeeeeeeep and make my stupid headaches go away. The tiredness has gotten so bad that I would gladly exchange it for the icky nausea from my first trimester...
    Something has to give I can't keep this up much longer, I'm so stressed out. I need a hug... :'(

Sorry for the rant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

*hugs* 0ctober!!

I've lost 5 pounds now again :( After I worked so hard to get back up the 19 pounds I'd lost I'm now back to 5 pounds under pre pregnancy weight again: at 20 weeks!! Kinda sick of nausea and vomiting... oh well. Babs is good and my doc is happy with size of my belly and my uterus (as he kept telling me!!) so could be worse!!!

Not allowed go back to work yet :mad: never thought I would actually miss my job so much! Plus I feel really bad I've been out sick now for over 14 weeks so I feel really guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

No real moans today ... 39 weeks next Saturday and nothing stirring ... Feeling pretty chilled though. Bought what will hopefully be my last jumbo bottle of gaviscon yesterday ... I think I'm acquiring a taste for it at last!

Anyone feeling the famous nesting instinct? I wish it would kick in ... My house is a mess!

2 days to go! Fingers crossed for me everyone that baby makes his entrance soon....im soo impatient!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Looks like the morning sickness has reared it's ugly head again for my last 5 weeks :-(
    So my days have begun to look something like this:
    Morning: sick as a dog
    Afternoon: starving, could eat the side of a house
    Night: burning indigestion

30th March can't come quick enough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I've been struck down by that blasted headcold! Whole family and some people in work have it.

Feel even worse today, think it's just that end of the week exhaustion which is made worse this week by the fact that we had a really busy weekend last weekend and for some reason my mind was racing on Sunday night and I only got about 3 hours sleep. Also had a bit of a tummy bug last sunday/monday too.

So sick of my body feeling otherwise good but something holding me back.
    had a course of antibitoics which I only finished last week, so I suppose they've left me a bit run down. Got a new smoothie maker during the week, going to get loads of fresh fruit this eve and overdose on smoothies over the weekend!

Aw kildareash what a rotten dose to have :( hopefully you'll be over it soon. One of my work colleagues has a horrible dose of it & I'm praying I don't catch it from her!

Ms2011 that sucks getting morning sickness at this stage :( I find the heartburn is returning with a vengeance. That's just mother nature being cruel, bad enough having labour to look forward to :D

Pippington I'm so jealous, only 2 days! I hope they fly by for you :)

Cyning don't you dare feel guilty for being off, it's not exactly like you were taking the time off to party, you've had a rotten time of sickness. Is it starting to ease for you yet?

Knit wit, if it's any consolation my nesting instinct kicked in (briefly!) for about a week and has abandoned me since, so my house is in need of a good spit & polish.
    Give yourself a break anyway, at 39 weeks you should be putting the feet up!

Aw *hugs* october, will you get much of a rest over the weekend or have you assignments still left to complete?
    Fair play to you continuing with your course during your pregnancy! It's not easy. I *finally* completed a year long Fetac course just before Christmas. I was so glad to see the end of it! It was a bit of a battle finding the motivation to do any work for it when I was wretched with morning sickness.
    Hopefully your course will be worth it in the end :)

My moan is despite people telling me how neat I am, I feel like I have reached elephant like proportions! baby has the sharpest little elbows on him/her and feel's like they are trying to climb out through my rib cage some days!

I must be the oddest person ever. My partner is taking tomorrow off work (our EDD) to spend with me so as im not at home kicking my heels...he is taking me shopping and for lunch to the cinema and out for dinner later on, lovely isnt he? Yet i cant stop thinkin crap i need to stay home and scrub our kitchen and bathroom and change the bedsheets before the baby comes :rolleyes: im an ungrateful wench

Also another day of braxton hicks! Turn into proper contractions please!!

It's not as bad as it was or anything close to it: got sick 6 times today mainly in the mornings and early afternoon. Some days it might be only once or twice, other days maybe not at all :) Its kinda awful because people see me in shops etc on good days they dont see me crying because I HATE getting sick at home on the bad days! I'm just so grateful I got a relatively good few weeks where I started to remember what it was like not to vomit constantly!

Pippington I can't wait untill I get to your stage :D Get him to scrub the kitchen maybe??!!

Cap I HATE the way people think its a great thing to comment on your size just because your pregnant: at no other time would they tell you you were big or small!!

I am now in my never ending story of pregnancy being difficult getting palipitations because my thyroid that they have spent the last 4 years trying to stop being underactive has decided to become overactive. Which might be why I've lost weight too. And that is really not good for babs either ... Just aaaaaggghhhh :mad:

Oh and when I get palipitations it makes me dizzy which makes me nauseus which makes me puke.... what a circle!!

Cyning ya poor thing, it sounds awful! You will be at my stage in no time and impatiently waiting for your babs! I hope things get alot better for you soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I can just about handle the vomiting but its the constant nausea that I am really struggling with. The only relief from it is to sleep which means I'm sleeping too much during the day and lying wide awake at night for hours. I don't want to eat but if I let myself get hungry its game over. Starting into my 4th week stuck in the house and it feels the 40th week. Going on my last two pregnancies, I have approx another 12 weeks of this. I just can't see how I can get through it :(:(

No baby as of yet...but i did get the kitchen clean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

fancy cleaning my kitchen for me pip?

haha i nearly would just to stop myself going insane!my poor partner is afraid to look at anything in our house at the mo, let alone touch it

My first stretch mark: straight across my boob... i know its probably an eensy bit ridiculous but I cried when i saw it: husband asked what was wrong and I showed him... he actually laughed at me :mad: he asked who would EVER see it aside from him and he didn't care. I pointed out if I was wearing a bikini... he pointed out we lived in Ireland and how often did I ever wear a bikini... :rolleyes:

2 hours later we still weren't talking :p

And there I was loving having non a cup boobs for the first time in my life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

cyning wrote: »
    My first stretch mark: straight across my boob... i know its probably an eensy bit ridiculous but I cried when i saw it: husband asked what was wrong and I showed him... he actually laughed at me :mad: he asked who would EVER see it aside from him and he didn't care. I pointed out if I was wearing a bikini... he pointed out we lived in Ireland and how often did I ever wear a bikini... :rolleyes:

I got some under my bellybutton close to the top of my pubic bone, and they are so frickin itchy.. imagine!! 5 frickin weeks to go and they appear NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

cyning wrote: »

Aww Cyning, think of it as a reminder of how you felt for your little unborn baby when he or she is born, its close to your heart after all :-)
    I have no news ones from pregnancy yet, just loads from when my hips stretched from being a teen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

pippington wrote: »
    haha i nearly would just to stop myself going insane!my poor partner is afraid to look at anything in our house at the mo, let alone touch it

your more then welcome any time haha, i have a new floor still in packs to be put down upstairs you could do that too please would be great haha x

had such a **** morning, was at a funeral of a 26year old girl and now Im sitting in work and just don't want to be here x

My stomach is destroyed from stretch marks...i am dreading what its gonna look like after the babs comes out...belly i can tuck into my trousers id say...and i loved wearing pencil skirts etc...oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I got some under my bellybutton close to the top of my pubic bone, and they are so frickin itchy.. imagine!! 5 frickin weeks to go and they appear NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Apparently they often don't show up til the last few weeks.
    I've just accepted that I'm going to get them. I got tons on my knees, thighs, boobs & hips when I grew really fast as a teen (both up & out:D) so I already know I'm prone to them.

Funny thing is they had been an angry red at the time & I barely see them anymore, they are very faint lines that are slightly paler shade then my skin, so there is hope that they disappear. But they do change the texture of the skin.

My moan today is that I'm sick of feeling like my heart is going to explode out of my throat, sick of getting dizzy when I stand up, go upstairs etc. Feel like I have the heart of a 5yr old trying to support my body.

I didn't realise how bad my stretch marks were til I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. They're under my bump/low down on my tum, so at least I won't have to see them regularly for a few weeks yet :rolleyes:

Mink you may have the heart of a 5 year old, I definitely have the lungs of a 5 year old! It's like baby is reversing directly up into my lungs. I don't think this one will ever find the exit when the time comes :D

Betsie_xr3i I hope your day in work went fast in the end.

Came across this link, few funnies to get ye through the tougher pregnancy days :)

http://www.thepregnancyzone.com/pregnancy-tips/safe-baby-pregnancy-tips-visual-instructions-for-expecting-parents/

My moans are multiple today I'm afraid, constipation despite drinking plenty of water/taking fibre, peeing like a racehorse every time I stand up because baby insists on bouncing on my kidneys & indigestion that no amount of the nice rennies will cure (hate the proper chalky rennies so may get used to it :rolleyes:)

Ok, moan over (and breathe) :pac:

• Advertisement

my moan today is that sciatica has returned with e vengeance! could hardly get out of bed this morning and have been hobbling around holding my right bum cheek...i suppose i shouldnt complain since it went away for abotu 12 weeks...i know im only 3 days overdue...but baby needs to come out!

Advertisement