Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

After 5 days being watched in hospital I'm so happy to be home ... Even though baby has not arrived yet ... Thankfully transverse baby has turned and is now good to go ... I wish there was an easy way of knowing baby position ... Hope all other mums to be are good.

A word of advice ... Hospitals are roasting ... Pack lightest pjs u can ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Knit wit you poor thing being stuck in hospital that long. Hopefully that won't happen again for you x

If it's any consolation regarding baby's position, I never have a clue if it's a leg or an arm poking at me, I'm hopeless at sussing out what position the baby is in!
    (Well except for last night 3am when he/she was trying to make an exit via my rib cage :D)

Pippington that's rubbish that your spd has returned again. At least you know the max you will have to endure it is 11 days, fingers crossed baby will arrive much sooner though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Knitwit hospital sucks I'm so glad your home! I find layers the best for hosp: cuz god forbid your beside an open window you might freeze!

Pip i hope babs gets here soon for you :)

I am exhausted in every way from being pregnant. My thyroid has gone so loopy im gone thyrotoxic and its given me palipatations and tremors.

God knows how anyone does this more than once.

Hyperemesis is bad but its when they utter the lovely word "high risk" it send shudders down my spine... I'd take those day where I was vomiting 20+ times over anything that might hurt my little babs any day.

I just wish it was July already :mad:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Knit wit wrote: »
    After 5 days being watched in hospital I'm so happy to be home ... Even though baby has not arrived yet ... Thankfully transverse baby has turned and is now good to go ... I wish there was an easy way of knowing baby position ... Hope all other mums to be are good.

A word of advice ... Hospitals are roasting ... Pack lightest pjs u can ..

Glad you are home, and baby is right side up for now.

Re the pj's, the over exicted granny bought me a dressing gown - a big white fluffy fleecy yoke. I'll look like a yeti - A sweaty yeti if I wore it. :DSo I'm gonna pick up a cotton one layer up.

Hi ladies ... I think my baby has flipped again ... I'm ready to cry ... Went to bed last night feeling rotten ... I'm due on Saturday ... Got cold shivers all of a sudden and didn't feel right. After 10 minutes of nausea and shivering I decided to get up ... Baby went crazy moving all over the place but eventually settled when I was sitting up for a bit. Headed back to bed and after about 20 minutes more I eventually stopped shivering ... My legs were ice cold... My feet were warm strangely!
    Now I'm sitting here thinking that this bold baby has moved back to transverse ... Again I suspect I know where the bum is but I have no clue where the head is ... Debating going straight to hospital in the morning (an hour away) or popping into gp to see if she can tell whether baby has moved ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Knit wit wrote: »
    Hi ladies ... I think my baby has flipped again ... I'm ready to cry ... Went to bed last night feeling rotten ... I'm due on Saturday ... Got cold shivers all of a sudden and didn't feel right. After 10 minutes of nausea and shivering I decided to get up ... Baby went crazy moving all over the place but eventually settled when I was sitting up for a bit. Headed back to bed and after about 20 minutes more I eventually stopped shivering ... My legs were ice cold... My feet were warm strangely!
    Now I'm sitting here thinking that this bold baby has moved back to transverse ... Again I suspect I know where the bum is but I have no clue where the head is ... Debating going straight to hospital in the morning (an hour away) or popping into gp to see if she can tell whether baby has moved ...

Hey knitwit - I hope ur ok and really hope your wrong!! A mothers gut insticnts are usually right tho.. I would def go to your doc and see if they recommend the hosp - I def think you need a scan as you don't want to end up in an emergency section situation when u live an hr from the hosp. It's one thing going in as you know ur babies breech and you have to have it done - but at least then you've time to mentally prepare yourself! Comin from someone who did it 2 wks ago - knowing is a huge advantage!!
    Really hope ur little babs was just in an awkward spot but moved back!!!! Def get it checked out tho!

Just back from doctor ... Thankfully baby is fine ... Head is still in pelvis ... She reckons movement I felt was legs splaying sideways ... That coupled with the panic caused the chills and nausea ... I felt such a fool but glad I went so now I am going to relax ... It's not easy being a pregnant lady!

Funny CS wasn't really advocated on my last stay in hospital ... Doctor is very conservative and won't do it unless absolutely necessary ... I think that's probably a good thing but I'm with u Dublinlady the certainty of knowing means a lot.

Thanks again for the advice.

Knit wit

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

You poor things I feel for you both cyning and Knit wit, cant believe I was moaning cause my morning sickness was the worst Ive had on any of my pregancies (couldn't get out of bed somedays) but listening to you both i realise I dont really have much to moan about!!! Fair play to you both and I hope things get easier soon:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Knit wit always better safe than sorry... glad everything okay :D

Tinkerbell just because there's someone worse than you doesnt mean what your feeling is in anyway lessened: I met a girl in hosp with hyperemesis too: and god she was and is way worse than me: doesn't mean I don't feel like crap though!!

I'm about to kill some of the kids around here: they keep knocking on the door and running. I know who one of them is and it is taking every fibre of self control I have left not to march down to his mother and demand it stop... and my patience is so thin at the moment as it is :p

Knit wit I'm so glad to hear baby is still in position to exit, that must be a big reassurance! Hopefully baba will stay there now :)

My moan is I'm crucified with pain in my breasts though mainly one which is solid as a rock and has a hard lump in it.
    I'm going to ring the Ante Natal clinic tomorrow and see if there is any chance they could change my appointment from the following Monday to this Monday (not sure what the chances are though :( )
    I know I probably shouldn't, but I resorted to Dr. Google in the mean time to see what could possibly be causing me so much pain & it's pointing towards a blocked milk duct or mastisis.
    It's the same pain I had after I had my daughter 2 years ago, it's so draining & it prevented me from breastfeeding last time. I really hope it's something that can be sorted as I'll be gutted if I can't breastfeed this time either :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

My moan is I'm crucified with pain in my breasts though mainly one which is solid as a rock and has a hard lump in it.
    I'm going to ring the Ante Natal clinic tomorrow and see if there is any chance they could change my appointment from the following Monday to this Monday (not sure what the chances are though :( )
    I know I probably shouldn't, but I resorted to Dr. Google in the mean time to see what could possibly be causing me so much pain & it's pointing towards a blocked milk duct or mastisis.
    It's the same pain I had after I had my daughter 2 years ago, it's so draining & it prevented me from breastfeeding last time. I really hope it's something that can be sorted as I'll be gutted if I can't breastfeed this time either :(

It does sound like a blocked duct. Do you feel a bit feverish too? Try hot cloths and gentle massage. Had the same last pregnancy, not nice. I ended up filling a basin full of quite warm water and soaking my boob in it until the blockage cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Knit wit I'm so glad to hear baby is still in position to exit, that must be a big reassurance! Hopefully baba will stay there now :)

I didn't have a blocked duct, but I did have engorged breasts, the midwife told me to stand under the shower, and to massage the breast from the top down towards the nipple (but DO NOT touch the nipple, as this will just stimulate more milk production). The milk should come out. Also massage where you have the lump to clear it. Best of luck.

Sorry to hear about ur pain ivy ... Hope ur feeling better. Did u try cabbage leaves in ur bra for engorgement? Apparently they're supposed to help.

No real moans today ... Due tomorrow but hoping not to go as my eldest has confirmation in the afternoon ... U couldn't plan it better really :D

Slept well last night after an hour or so of killer BHs ... Up at 6am ready to take on the world ... By 9.30 I was dead beat and having chills so I headed back to my leaba ... Getting up now ... My windows look so dirty they're really annoying me ... Funny how hormones make u obsess over things that don't usually bother u ... Maybe I'm secretly craving a windowlene fix!

Look after ur selves ladies ...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh ladies hope all is well with ye today x

well morning sickness is back :-( im 17 + 5 weeks and have not been sick since about 11weeks x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Does the solution to a moan count on this thread? :)

I usually have lower back ache by the time the evening rolls around, as well as pelvic stiffness. Today, no back ache at all. Thats thanks to my Fit-Flops. I love them so much and missed them when I was in boots for the winter but never thought they would work this well on my back during pregnancy. \o/

Oblig moan: Surprise farts... that is all.:o

Neyite wrote: »

Oh no I had one thoroughly mortifying one, in a shoe shop, girl had gone to get my shoes & baby moved causing one to sneak out.....JUST as she walked back with my boots.
    Paid for them quick smart & legged it!!! :o

Thanks for the advice ladies :) It was really really sore going near them at all, but I massaged them yesterday until some clear fluid came out.
    I also kept them under the shower for a while this morning & there's a definite improvement.

It's handy knowing the terms for what it might be like engorgement/blocked duct/mastitis etc so if I do get it again after birth I can pursue it with the GP more aggressively this time.

Knit wit I was the same a few weeks ago with my windows, I just could not relax until I had them all scrubbed :D

Betsie sorry to hear the morning sickness has come back, hopefully it wont stay long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I spent the 6 years of our relationship convincing OH that girls don't fart...all my hard work has gone out the window in the last 6 months :(;)

Fart stories cheer me up ... I think I must have been an 8 year old boy in a previous life!

My moan today is that I'm in a bad mood ... Really cranky and irritable ... STAY BACK!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Surprise burps too. Apparently I was doing loads of tiny burps while eating my dinner today and didn't even notice! Was at the antenatal class last week and the poor girl beside me did a massive, gassy burp ....when we were doing breathing exercises, so the whole room heard it! she was mortified, I felt so sorry for her (but also relieved because I was paranoid that I'd burp / fart / make a weird rumbly noise during the silence) :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Surprise burps too. Apparently I was doing loads of tiny burps while eating my dinner today and didn't even notice! Was at the antenatal class last week and the poor girl beside me did a massive, gassy burp ....when we were doing breathing exercises, so the whole room heard it! she was mortified, I felt so sorry for her (but also relieved because I was paranoid that I'd burp / fart / make a weird rumbly noise during the silence) :o

Both have happened me, and at the same time! Can't stop it happening and don't even know its going to happen.

There was a strange smell coming from a machine in work and I thought it was leaking gas so called one of the utterly handsome men I work with to see if he could smell it. Over he comes and takes this big sniff just as I let a silent but deadly one go!!! :o:eek: I had to run away as I nearly wet myself laughing. He says, ya I got a funny smell alright don't know what it was though.:rolleyes:

Moan:: Not being able to walk and talk at the same time anymore :( Bloody breathlessness

• Advertisement

Due date a distant memory ... Slight exaggeration only 3 days ago but feels like aeons ago. No signs of labour ... None ... Not even a niggle ... Baby still kicking up a storm ... Trying to escape through ribcage I think!

Hope ur all keeping well ladies in waiting!

Sore throat & ears...blah:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i hate being the only person who does my job, i need some cover, could do with a few day off, feeling awful and a bit run down today

Cadyboo wrote: »
    There was a strange smell coming from a machine in work and I thought it was leaking gas so called one of the utterly handsome men I work with to see if he could smell it. Over he comes and takes this big sniff just as I let a silent but deadly one go!!! :o:eek: I had to run away as I nearly wet myself laughing. He says, ya I got a funny smell alright don't know what it was though.:rolleyes:

Just cracked up laughing at this (sorry Cadyboo :p) oh of all the timing :D

The burps/farts are the very reason that as much as I would love to I haven't gone for pregnancy massage.
    Towards the end of the pregnancy last time I was aching all over and looked up a few places locally that did it, but opted out of booking it as I'd be mortified I'd burp/fart/both while being massaged :o

Betsie, could you book some annual leave off? nothing worse than being under pressure at work when you're already exhausted with the pregnancy :(
    Even if they could give you a Friday/Monday off so you could have a nice long weekend, it could help make all the difference.

Ms2011, get well soon! my husband has had that all weekend, feeling v sorry for himself too (at least he can take antibiotics/pain killers :rolleyes:)

Aw knit wit sounds like baby is very comfy where they are, hopefully he/she will get the hint and exit soon!
    If not you'll have to try pineapple/castor oil/club orange/lots of sex/lots of walking/tonic water :D (not convinced any of them work :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Its odd...9 days overdue...waiting for what seems like forever for this baby to come and now that itll def be happening wednesday im mad nervous! Almost seems like too soon now....craziness i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I have a headache. It is starting usually around 2 pm and getting worst by evening. It started last week and it is coming back every day :( (Even during weekend)

Paracetamol don't work at all, the only thing that help it is nice 2-3 hours sleep but then I wake up in middle of night or can't a sleep at all.

Saurelin wrote: »
    I have a headache. It is starting usually around 2 pm and getting worst by evening. It started last week and it is coming back every day :( (Even during weekend)

Paracetamol don't work at all, the only thing that help it is nice 2-3 hours sleep but then I wake up in middle of night or can't a sleep at all.

I had something like that, and found that when I drastically increased my water intake it seemed to ease it. I would have had about 1.5 litres during the day before pregnancy but I added another 2 -3 pints on in the evenings and it lessened my headaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

thanks I will try. I already drink more then 3 l of fluids a day, but my kidneys are after infection so maybe they need more :)

Wide awake & starving with the hunger, it must be a crime to be awake at this hour when you don't have to, even the dog won't humour me & get out of her bed for a cuddle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Saurelin wrote: »

Make sure to keep an eye on your blood pressure also as head aches can be a sign of it being elevated - they can also just be a random pain in the ars€ tho!!! ;)

Advertisement