Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

dublinlady wrote: »
    Saurelin wrote: »
    I have a headache. It is starting usually around 2 pm and getting worst by evening. It started last week and it is coming back every day :( (Even during weekend)

Paracetamol don't work at all, the only thing that help it is nice 2-3 hours sleep but then I wake up in middle of night or can't a sleep at all.

Make sure to keep an eye on your blood pressure also as head aches can be a sign of it being elevated - they can also just be a random pain in the ars€ tho!!! ;)
    thanks Dublilady :-)
    I will keep eye on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

In part 157 of utterly mortifying things to happen me since I got pregnant: I nearly fainted in Mothercare had to sit on floor before I landed on it: at least this time I didn't try to puke everywhere!

I also have itchy nipples, itchy ears, itchy scalp and itchy ankles.... I think people must think I have fleas at this stage!

18 weeks and counting left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Well tomorrow is the big day! Managed to have a mammoth 13 hour sleep last night in case I cant get to sleep tonight...Bags have been double checked and are in the hallway ready to go with medical notes..clothes are ready...time to be in hospital double checked...rabbits have been cleaned out and given loads of food and house is almost spotless....think im ready to go! Oh God...sooooo nervous!but in a good way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Good luck tomorrow pippington - really hope all goes well for you and that u will have ur new baby in ur arms this time tomorrow.

Today's moan is from my kids - the teachers at school keep asking them if their mother had the baby yet - even they're getting fed up!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

best of luck tomorrow pip i hope it all goes well for you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Another indigestion moan....last night was the worst so far :-(
    The pain was so bad it kept me awake for ages, when I finally did nod off I was woke up by acid & vomit shooting up into my mouth (sorry tmi), got such a fright cos it caught my breath. Ended up propping myself up with pillows & sleeping sitting up just to get a few hours sleep!!!
    23 days till D-day & it can't come quick enough!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I need to have a whinge about my boobs. They've gone from a D to an E and are just stupidly big. Plus they look like two maps with all the blue veins and they're just not sexy. Had to get two E bras today as I was bursting out of my old bras. I really hope they don't get bigger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Cyning you poor thing, that's horrible almost fainting like that :( sorry though had to lol at your flea like symptoms :D
    It's gas the way pregnancy can make you feel like such a crock. When are we supposed to get the whole pregnancy glow? :confused:

My moan is painful braxton hicks & needing to wee EVERY.time.I.stand.up - not cool! not much to whinge about in the bigger scheme of things i know :)

Ms2011 I feel your pain with the indigestion, driving me mad so it is too! and I've eaten all the nice fruity rennie rapeze, only the crappy purple one's left now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

My hips really hurt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Cyning you poor thing, that's horrible almost fainting like that :( sorry though had to lol at your flea like symptoms :D
    It's gas the way pregnancy can make you feel like such a crock. When are we supposed to get the whole pregnancy glow? :confused:

My moan is painful braxton hicks & needing to wee EVERY.time.I.stand.up - not cool! not much to whinge about in the bigger scheme of things i know :)

Ms2011 I feel your pain with the indigestion, driving me mad so it is too! and I've eaten all the nice fruity rennie rapeze, only the crappy purple one's left now :D

Lol I love the purple ones (and the orange), my partner used to get sudden heartburn if he saw an orange rennie and tried to nab them all :pac: lemon ones are horrible!

My moan is also needing to wee. Went to bed at around 1 last night and had so many trips to the bathroom, on my 6th or 7th trip I was thinking that it must soon be time to get up - it was only 4am :-( and I hadn't even drank anything since 6pm, I had purposefully avoided lovely cups of tea all evening so I wouldn't be peeing like a racehorse all night, grr :mad:

And babs keeps poking his arse out, every now and then I've what seems like another mini-bump on the side of my main bump, I keep picturing this baby with a ghetto-booty. And then I start laughing, which doesn't help with the 'going to the loo the WHOLE time' thing :o

• Advertisement

I haven't been too bad peeing wise I usually get up at most twice a night :-)
    As for body parts sticking out I have babs heel sticking out most of the time about 2-3" above my bellybutton, when I'm putting cream on my belly (which btw is now destroyed with stretch marks) & I rubbed over this hard lump it's always the weirdest feeling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'm so tired! I was feeling great, had more energy than even before I got pregnant and then sleep decides to evade me the last two nights.

It was after three before I nodded off last night and was awake shortly after six! Im struggling to concentrate in work, have a splitting headache and my boss just told me that I can't have a full week off that I applied for, just three days. It was the week after paddys day, so I'll be off Monday but I'll be working over the weekend, I was looking forward to seven consecutive days of not having to drive. I just need a break to catch up on myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh i know the feeling about work, i have next Thursday off as i have a hospital appointment, i asked my boss could a have the Friday off too and then we are closed the sat for Patricks day and also the Monday so i thought it would be a nice little break but she came back to me yesterday and said no i couldn't have the Fri off that i was lucky to be getting the Thursday

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    And babs keeps poking his arse out, every now and then I've what seems like another mini-bump on the side of my main bump, I keep picturing this baby with a ghetto-booty. And then I start laughing, which doesn't help with the 'going to the loo the WHOLE time' thing :o

Pmsl now you're not helping my constantly needing to pee situation, v funny description of baby.
    Mine was doing something similar last week, looked so freaky having a main front bump & smaller side bump :eek:
    Now it feel's like the wee person is trying to reverse out of my via my rib cage! It's actually really uncomfortable and my bump is sore to touch as a result.

I don't remember having this last time round so will be mentioning it to the midwife on Monday to see is it normal.

That's a pain for those trying to get work off & not being able to :( nothing worse than being stuck in work when you're shattered.

I'm very lucky on that end as I've decided to finish a week earlier than originally planned (30th March instead of 6th April) so only 3 weeks left :)
    I was training in my replacement this week and she's absolutely brill, picking it up really fast so there's no point me hanging on the extra week.

Ms2011 that's pretty cool that you can make out a foot/heel! I can't make out anything more than what I think is baby's bottom, though I can feel what I think is a hand when he/she moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I havent been pregnant for 8 years since my last daughter. I got a varicose vein in my vulva and gave birth to a 9lb baby with a head like a turnip who tore her way out and I bled for 6mths afterwards. Beat that.
    On the plus side I breastfed her for 2 years and she hasnt had an illness yet.

BengaLover wrote: »
    I havent been pregnant for 8 years since my last daughter. I got a varicose vein in my vulva and gave birth to a 9lb baby with a head like a turnip who tore her way out and I bled for 6mths afterwards. Beat that.
    On the plus side I breastfed her for 2 years and she hasnt had an illness yet.

:eek::eek::eek: You win!

Hope you're ok now, sounds v painful :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I feel really bad about posting that. Its something ive never shared with anyone and i would hate to put anyone off or scare them. It was worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

BengaLover wrote: »
    I feel really bad about posting that. Its something ive never shared with anyone and i would hate to put anyone off or scare them. It was worth it!

Too late! Where's the damn pause button - I may need a year to get over reading that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tinkerbell1608

I just wanna put a little support in here. I've had my little girl 6 months ago and it was the roughest thing I've ever been through, the pregnancy I mean. She's an absolute angel. I suffered it all. The all day sickness the WHOLE of my pregnancy and through labour which lifted like a cloud once I had her!
    The back ache :-( rolling out of bed, the dizzy head and headaches, heartburn!

I'd recommend the epidural cos the pains do be quit intense and I'm a whimp. Made me forget nearly everything that happened tho. Supposedly I was talking to people on the phone just after I had her :-p
    I ended up not being able to push her out tho, plus she poo'd before she came out. So a mad hurry to get her out! And I'm so glad I got that epidural! Cos I was slit and she was suctioned out!! Sounds bad but the doctor I had stitched me great and had no real problems with the scar or anything. I'm only tiny was sick the whole pregnancy, didn't put any weight on only baby. And I thought she'd be tiny, nope, she was a big 8lb 15 1/2lbs which I learned is just about 9lb :-p

Little tip I learned near the end tho was eat like a horse!!! Haa! Stopped my heart burn being so bad and sickness too.

Good luck ladies xxx just imagine your little cutie! It's all worth it!

And even tho I had a rough pregnancy the minute she popped out the first thing I said was I WANT ANOTHER!!!

Backache moan.

Barely got 3 hours sleep Friday night cos i had to keep going to the bathroom, even though I hadn't drank anything since 6pm the evening before. The night before that I barely slept either. Couldn't take a nap at all yesterday to try and catch up on my sleep as i was too sore to sleep and had an awful headache.

So REALLY needed some sleep last night but no joy, this time cos of stoopid back pain. No matter what way I lie, I can't get comfortable, I was nearly in tears I was so sore. So after 6 hours I have given up. So im gonna probably end up being like a zombie for the day. :-[

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Another tiredness moan...was away for the night last night and there seems to be a hen party/girls night away on the same floor. Three times they walked the corridor, one girl in particular is so loud. Think her room must be near mine coz I can still hear her squealing.
    Then as I had got back to sleep, my sis who I'm sharing the room with turned on the light to read! After a few minutes she looked at me and said mind if I read...I cld hardly say no! I'm exhausted and I know I have a really stressful day ahead in work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Bengalover: that sounds horrrendous. Absolutely horrendous...

I've a massive bloody toothache... There is no way in this wide earthly world I can let a dentist in my mouth. I barely not puke when there isn't someones fingers in my mouth! And like I needed something else!

Still feel like I have fleas too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ms2011 wrote: »
    As for body parts sticking out I have babs heel sticking out most of the time about 2-3" above my bellybutton, when I'm putting cream on my belly (which btw is now destroyed with stretch marks) & I rubbed over this hard lump it's always the weirdest feeling!!

With my first her leg and foot were sticking out i was able to get a hold off it and move it up and down when i let go she tucked in back in...

With my first her leg and foot were sticking out i was able to get a hold off it and move it up and down when i let go she tucked in back in...

I think I must have pee'd him off grabbing & rubbing it too cos he's moved it to where I can bearly feel it now :-)

My moan for the day: getting randomly terrified about being a mum (you'd think Id have gotten used to the idea now, less than 6 weeks left). Was sitting in the antenatal class today and nearly ran out, felt so claustrophobic and my eyes kept welling up with tears and could feel a panic attack coming on.
    I honestly wanted to do a runner and buy a one-way ticket to Rio (not that I can run anywhere anyway, an awkward fast waddle is the best I can manage. And it wouldn't make any difference where I went cos babs obviously has to come out anyway) :-P

Sat through the class and stayed calm and half an hour later I was fine! So im going to blame the hormones instead of blaming myself. Stupid hormones :-D

Carpol Tunnel has stepped up, wrists are so sore & hands are so swollen in the morning I can't make a fist...the last few weeks really are the worst :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Carpol Tunnel has stepped up, wrists are so sore & hands are so swollen in the morning I can't make a fist...the last few weeks really are the worst :-(

It'd be worth your while to see an osteopath for this.. they can treat you once you're over 16 weeks.. i'm a hairdresser and i got this on my first.. it's caused by the pressure on the nerves coming from the back up your shoulder under your collar bone down your arm... they can loosen the collar bone which will ease the carpal tunnel.. they can also align your pelvis for the birth :D and then do your hips after... :D

i used to be in the middle of a haircut and my thumb and 2 fingers on my cutting hand would go numb and the tips of the other 2 fingers . . :eek: i used to be shaking my hand to wake it up.. looked really really odd i was told :pac:

I'll add to the tiredness moan. Would help if I would peel my fat ass off the couch and go to bed :rolleyes::D

Woke at 5am to my little girls toy car out in the garden making a racket.
    It's a little tykes truck with an imitation truck horn on it.
    Well water must have got into it, because it kept randomly honking from 5am on.

My husband had gone to work so couldn't turf him out to sort it & I was too tired/warm in my bed to get up and sort it.
    Ended up dozing for 10-15 min intervals between it honking.

Also, indigestion has me crucified the past 3 days! I've never had it in my life beforehand. It's like a constant want to vomit from the acidy horrible taste at the back of my throat, yock!

If it's true about indigestion + hairy baby, then this child must be a half breed of monkey :eek::D

Bengalover you shouldn't feel bad about posting that, all part and parcel of labour. Hopefully you will never have to experience pain like that again.

cbyrd wrote: »

It'd be worth your while to see an osteopath for this.. they can treat you once you're over 16 weeks.. i'm a hairdresser and i got this on my first.. it's caused by the pressure on the nerves coming from the back up your shoulder under your collar bone down your arm... they can loosen the collar bone which will ease the carpal tunnel.. they can also align your pelvis for the birth :D and then do your hips after... :D

i used to be in the middle of a haircut and my thumb and 2 fingers on my cutting hand would go numb and the tips of the other 2 fingers . . :eek: i used to be shaking my hand to wake it up.. looked really really odd i was told :pac:

My midwife has been offering me physio for the last month but I've been turning it down cos up until this week there has been no pain just swelling but I might be taking her up on her offer now ;-)

Cap I feel your pain on the indigestion, it's horrible, I've been sick a couple of times because of it. I take 2 spoons of Gaviscon just before I go to sleep just to take the edge off enough to fall asleep :-(
    Here's to giving birth to hairy babies lol :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Legs are soooo sore today.
    Have been getting bad cramps both legs most nights....excruciating pain!!!
    Then I can hardly walk in the mornings. The muscles on the back of my legs are sooo tight, that it's sore to walk.
    I've tried stretching them before going to bed at night, but it's not really working.

Any suggestions girls?

Had to wear my trainers to work today.. I work in an office so I don't think I should be wearing them but boss isn't around, and I need the comfort today.

Advertisement