Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Cyning my heart really goes out to you, sounds like you're having such a tough pregnancy :( How long now til you're due?

Ms2011 I agree wholeheartedly on the sleep, I had a good nights sleep last night & felt like a different woman today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

102 days left... And counting!!!

Ah it's just frustrating: I went off sick in nov and its now nearly April and couldn't drive (or eat!!) for a good 3 months of that: then I started to improve slightly and thyroid went mental which is sending me totally of kilter and it makes it difficult to sleep.... I can't wait till babs gets here to get some sleep!! And then just as thyroid starts to come under control the vomiting gets worse....

102 days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm beginning to think that the painful truth of pregnancy is a better kept secret than Santa Claus - is there any such thing as an easy pregnancy? Or is it a myth we created to ensure we have more babies?

Or in other words:
    Ow, my back! Ow, my hips! Ow, my ribs! Ow, my abs! Ow, ow, ow!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kash wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think that the painful truth of pregnancy is a better kept secret than Santa Claus - is there any such thing as an easy pregnancy? Or is it a myth we created to ensure we have more babies?

Or in other words:
    Ow, my back! Ow, my hips! Ow, my ribs! Ow, my abs! Ow, ow, ow!

For fear of being battered...they do exist or well at least I can say that so far (touchy wood madly) I have had little to complain about esp when compared to what some of ye are going through. I'm not pain free...niggles here & there but nothing major (yet), although I do put some of it down to not having to slog in & out of work everyday!
    It does bring its own silly worries with it though as I wonder whether everything is ok! Doc has to assure me it is :)
    Now I am anticipating it not staying this way but my experience so far has been pretty ok!
    Ducking as smart phones, PCs & laptops get hurled in my direction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I feel so ungrateful for posting on this thread. I wanted to be pregnant so badly, for so long but now I'm not sure how to bear it. My morning sickness has come on again really badly. I don't feel quite as 'poisoned' as I did when it was a virus two weeks ago but I get violently sick if I'm stupid enough to stand up before eating in the morning and even if I stave off getting sick I still feel like muck all day. I want to weep. I'm also painfully bloated most of the time. I've actually lost 3lbs but I look huge, about 4.5 months pregnant, and can't fit in any of my normal pants.

Last night I dreamt I had the baby and she was premature and tiny, but it being a dream she didn't need an incubator. I was gutted to wake up and realise I still have over 7 months to go. Not just until I meet my baby but of yucky pregnancy. I hope this baby enjoys being an only child because right now the two more I would have originally liked seem about as likely to happen as me waking up with magical powers.

Oh and I nearly killed my husband two nights ago when I was having bad bloat pains and he said 'yeah talk to my sister about how she is feeling.' as she's in her third trimester with twins and extremely uncomfortable. He insists now that he just meant she might have some useful advice but I'm pretty sure he was trying to tell me that I could have it worse and should stop complaining.

• Advertisement

Twomums2be I'm infinitely jealous of you :p

Iguana don't under any circumstances feel guilty: I've been horribly sick and I used to feel so ungrateul too: but just because pregnancy isn't an illness doesn't mean it doesn't make you ill. And you can't even take the stuff you'd normally take in order to stave off nausea etc. I'd been trying for ages and I'd had a miscarraige so the guilt of wishing I wasn't sick was eating me up.

Now at 25 weeks I've realised just because I wish I wasn't pregnant anymore doesn't mean I'm ungrateful for the fact I am pregnant: it just means me and pregnancy are a bit incompatible!

Oh and I lost 21lbs so don't worry about losing weight: it just means babs is taking all it can from you :D And i had dreams of having 4: not one way in this wide earthly world is that ever happening now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

cyning wrote: »
    Twomums2be I'm infinitely jealous of you :p

I know Cyning...I would be the same if our pregnancies were swapped!

If it helps I have a friend who had an awful first pregnancy (hospitalised she was so sick all the time) but had a much easier second pregnancy & said she would have another tomorrow as soon as her first baby was born :) I think once you have you have your baby in your arms this awful time will seem worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Mink wrote: »
    Sore back here too! Got a cushion for work which is wedge shaped and has cut out at the back for my tailbone as that's where most pain.

Mink, have you previouisly injured your tailbone? I fell down the stairs about a year ago and think I broke mine then. Recently the pain is excruciating and until I read your comment I just thought I hadn't healed properly from the fall but now I am wondering is it something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've had a very very easy pregnancy compared to some and sometimes I think to myself that this sucks and I just want to fast forward to July. But then there are lots of thinks I like - mainly the cuteness of the bump & all the kicks etc. I just don't like the idea if my body being hijacked like this!
    MintyDoris wrote: »
    Mink, have you previouisly injured your tailbone? I fell down the stairs about a year ago and think I broke mine then. Recently the pain is excruciating and until I read your comment I just thought I hadn't healed properly from the fall but now I am wondering is it something else

Yes I'd a bad fall when I was a kid straight onto my coccyx. Have had problems with it on and off since then, don't think there's anything that can really be done for it. The thing that really aggravates it is sitting - this is the worst position for your spine anyway!
    I'd recommend a good chiropractor or physio, just make sure to tell them you're preggers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Funnily enough, I also have the pain in my coccyx, and also had a nasty fall on it as a kid. I wouldn't normally have much pain with it unless I was sitting for ages, but since getting pregnant, sitting on it for longer than 10-15 minutes makes me fidget like I have ants in my pants :)

My nasty ab pains have gone, I can stand, sit and move without sounding like a sumo wrestler. So, my only moan today is completely non pregnancy related - I would kill for an icecream cone, but would have to drive for 40 minutes to get one :P

Iguana, don't be daft! Pregnancy can be tough! It doesn't mean you are any less grateful for your eventual bundle of joy, but that gratefulness does not take away your inbuilt right to bitch and moan the whole way through it if you feel the need. And here is a great place to do it :)

I kept a stack of gingernuts beside the bed, the smell alone would sometime cure the nausea, the biccies themselves did most of the time. It might help you - if you find anything that does, then use it. There were days when that was all I ate.

Cyning, i think the only thing you could keep down on your better days was MintCrisp bars, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Long time lurker, first time poster :) hope ya don't mind me jumping on board!
    I've been keeping well for the most part, but does anyone else find that they started making "ooohff" noises getting into/ out of cars/chairs/beds?
    :)
    Also finding size related comments a bit irritating... but I suppose its little to moan about in general.
    Some of you ladies are having a very rough time and my heart goes out to you! Its stressful enough being pregnant when you're feeling well!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yup doing the ooof thing all the time.

I'm not mad about being pregnant either to be honest. Although I did read that alot of mums to be are usually bored of the pregnancy once they hit the 6 month mark!

Oh mint crisp bars: ya: them and salt and vinegar taytos, and 7up. I also used eat fried egg and white pudding sandwiches.

Now I can't even think about them they turn my stomach :D

Nausea is a bitch these days.... although I've finally come to terms with the fact I'm going to be coping with that until the day I deliver!

These days strawberries dipped in chocolate, wagon wheels and raw carrotts keep me going through the worst of it! Especially the carrotts :P

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The Magpie wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time poster :) hope ya don't mind me jumping on board!
    I've been keeping well for the most part, but does anyone else find that they started making "ooohff" noises getting into/ out of cars/chairs/beds?
    :)
    Also finding size related comments a bit irritating... but I suppose its little to moan about in general.
    Some of you ladies are having a very rough time and my heart goes out to you! Its stressful enough being pregnant when you're feeling well!

I make those noises - also "eeehaaahhhoooof" and to make it worse, I seem to continually drop things. :p I have been lucky that I've had an easy pregnancy, no sickness or other horrible side effects, but starting to feel the pressure on my bladder now. I'm just over 6 weeks to go and everybody mentions how neat I am, yet its apparently a big sized baby. Hmmm, strange.

I'm in odd form tonight. Started putting my hospital bag together and then got fed up, tried to read and got fed up, tried to start listing the names out of the baby book that I like but got fed up. I'm just restless and bored but dont want to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I'm disliking the hormones...all over the shop today and worst of all I just started watching Grey's Anatomy. The episode I missed on Tuesday evening. I have just started crying and don't think I will stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

In the past 2 hours alone, I've had at least 7 dashes to the toilet for some surprisingly long wees, and two sprints to the loo to get sick, with lots of heartburn and burping in between.
    The last time I ate was 8 hours ago, only thing I've drank since then was a cup of tea 6 hours ago. It just begs the question: where the hell is all this wee coming from all of a sudden? I've been sleeping badly lately, back pain ain't helping, and I need to be up early tomorrow for a long journey and a long day. I just wanna sleep!

Grr even a nap that doesn't end in me waking up because of a surprise fart / back pain / kick in my pubic region would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    In the past 2 hours alone, I've had at least 7 dashes to the toilet for some surprisingly long wees, and two sprints to the loo to get sick, with lots of heartburn and burping in between.
    The last time I ate was 8 hours ago, only thing I've drank since then was a cup of tea 6 hours ago. It just begs the question: where the hell is all this wee coming from all of a sudden? I've been sleeping badly lately, back pain ain't helping, and I need to be up early tomorrow for a long journey and a long day. I just wanna sleep!

Grr even a nap that doesn't end in me waking up because of a surprise fart / back pain / kick in my pubic region would be nice.

I find when I dont eat for a long time I get really bad heartburn.. maybe you should eat something light before bed. :)

Haven't slept a full night in weeks.... talk about preparation for baby.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Ache, ache, ache....my whole back just aches. Not even pain but muscle ache like I started exercising last night and it's the morning after ache.

I feel like asking one of my colleagues to walk over my back, I can't stretch it out enough

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I find when I dont eat for a long time I get really bad heartburn.. maybe you should eat something light before bed. :)

Haven't slept a full night in weeks.... talk about preparation for baby.:(

im exactly the same, if i leave it too long heartburn get s pretty bad.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

i have swollen feet urghh.. baby is up really high and feels like she's about to burst through my skin like alien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<< groan>>>>>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Think I'm coming down with that flu. Feel rotten, ache all over, head is congested, everything hurts.
    OH is working till 9 and talking about going out for drinks after work :( I just want someone to make me tea and hug me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Friends want us to take our dogs to Glendalough with them tomorrow. It will be a small car, 4 adults and 3 dogs on 2 hour round trip. I think I could just about make it there but the journey back with 3 damp dogs makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.

I really want to go but not sure I dare. Also the relaxin has kicked in big time over the past few days and my own flatulence would probably be noticeable. Not so much the odour as they aren't very smelly but they really do herald their arrival like a chorus of trumpets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Think its finally time to wander into this thread. 7 +4 weeks.

I can't sleep. I keep farting and as I'm still teary after watching 30 rock earlier on today (makes no sense). Oh and i'm starving.. there is a packet of fingers downstairs literally singing to me like a siren call.

I think thats enough for one night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Glad I'm not alone of the flatulence front :o I was so tempted last week to book a pregnancy massage but would die of mortification if I farted mid massage :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Glad I'm not alone of the flatulence front :o I was so tempted last week to book a pregnancy massage but would die of mortification if I farted mid massage :o

Im sure they are well used to it, i don't think they would mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Dinkie wrote: »
    Think its finally time to wander into this thread. 7 +4 weeks.

I can't sleep. I keep farting and as I'm still teary after watching 30 rock earlier on today (makes no sense). Oh and i'm starving.. there is a packet of fingers downstairs literally singing to me like a siren call.

I think thats enough for one night :rolleyes:

Congrats!

I think the neighbour can hear my farts through the wall they are so loud. If I'm sitting on the floor, OH says he can feel the vibrations of them on the other side of the room. I have to say, this isn't really a moan cos I get immense satisfaction from my supersonic farts and they make me smile, even when I'm on my own :D.

I nearly have OH convinced that they are louder because the baby's farts are added to mine so there is a 10% increase from my pre-pregnant state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Mink wrote: »
    Congrats!

I think the neighbour can hear my farts through the wall they are so loud. If I'm sitting on the floor, OH says he can feel the vibrations of them on the other side of the room. I have to say, this isn't really a moan cos I get immense satisfaction from my supersonic farts and they make me smile, even when I'm on my own :D.

I nearly have OH convinced that they are louder because the baby's farts are added to mine so there is a 10% increase from my pre-pregnant state.

Thanks - I love it... and I was reading out yours and Iguana's fart story to my OH to prove I wasn't the only one!! and he thinks its hilarious as before I got pregant I was forever giving out to him for his grotesquely loud farts... he thinks its karma.

Only complaint today is that I'm tired and have no other symptoms. Keep banging boobs to ensure they are still sore :rolleyes:

I'm never happy. I'm either giving out that I have too many symptoms - or not enough:confused:

Firstly woohoo one pregnancy symptom I don't get :D

I'm in bed today: even sitting up on the couch was too much for me: on the plus side 97 days to go I'm out of the hundreds :) So exhausted.

Dinkie I wouldn't worry: I don't think I've been happy with being pregnant since about 6 weeks and I've been actively counting the weeks down since 12 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Rant alert!
    I hate doctors who are completely condescending and make you feel like an idiot. Grr.
    Was at my gp for 36 week appt last week and he said my baby had turned into breech position. Today I was back with him for a follow-up and he said he wasn't sure, he thought the head was down but he wanted to get a scan done to be on the safe side, as if they did have to section me, they'd be doing it next week. So he rang the registrar in the hospital and they told me to come on in for a scan.

Got there and was talking to the midwife, she went and got the registrar, who came over and said that she didn't know why I was there, that no-one had rang her and that she hadn't told me to come in, and that normally they wouldn't even look at me but that she'd scan me anyway. The way she was acting, you'd swear I made everything up and that I'd landed in hoping for a scan.
    So she and the midwife examined me, now the midwife was a fair age and so I'd say she had a good bit of experience behind her, and the midwife thought the baby was in breech. The registrar just kept shaking her head, said the head was down, and proceeded to speak to the midwife like she was a complete eejit. Scan was fine and it turned out babs is in the correct position and is deeply engaged, and she basically told me not to bother coming back in, that regardless of what anyone says, the baby will not come out of the position he's in from this point on.

I just feel so p*ssed off, there's nothing that annoys me more than being made to feel stupid, at the end of the day if I'm told to get a scan to check everythings ok with my baby, I'm going to do as I'm told and that's that. Every time I've been in the hospital I've seen a different doctor and only 2 of them have been nice or had any bedside manner to speak of. The rest were either ignorant and indifferent or completely condescending. I'm seriously annoyed, I need to vent, or maybe break something to let out the rage.
    Or maybe it's just hormones flaring up :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Sorry you had a hard time Swuaaash, one of the reasons I went with midwife led care over doctor led care is the attitude shared by some.
    At least now you know for sure babs is the right way round & everything is ok :-)

Advertisement