Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Mink wrote: »
    Dinkie wrote: »
    Think its finally time to wander into this thread. 7 +4 weeks.

I can't sleep. I keep farting and as I'm still teary after watching 30 rock earlier on today (makes no sense). Oh and i'm starving.. there is a packet of fingers downstairs literally singing to me like a siren call.

I think thats enough for one night :rolleyes:

Congrats!

I think the neighbour can hear my farts through the wall they are so loud. If I'm sitting on the floor, OH says he can feel the vibrations of them on the other side of the room. I have to say, this isn't really a moan cos I get immense satisfaction from my supersonic farts and they make me smile, even when I'm on my own :D.

I nearly have OH convinced that they are louder because the baby's farts are added to mine so there is a 10% increase from my pre-pregnant state.

I have nearly wet myself laughing reading that post!!! My farts are very loud. Fiancee hates when i fart thinks its very unladylike. So i fart even more usually :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 parnellie

seriously pissed off with the leg twitches!!! i always wud get these little twtiches like a nerve problem in my legs when im tired and the only way to relieve the feelin wud be to keep moving my legs. or when id get into bed itd stop but since i got pregnant its gotten progressively worse. at 27 weeks now its affecting my sleep. it sounds like restless leg syndrome. nearly in tears here because i cant sit still!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Had the restless leg this time around, from about 26wks. Only thing that worked for me was an evening walk, or cycling on my stationary bike, normally even just 15 min did the job and I haven't had it again since thank god. Now 35 wks and I have cut down a lot and twitching hasn't come back, touch wood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I am so so sick of vomiting... At 26 weeks I reckon I'll be at it till the bitter end. Some days it annoys me more than others :( if I'm puking in a public toilet I'm probably not doing it just to annoy you either... This is one of the main reasons I rarely leave the house anymore.

Today was just not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Enough of the indigestion already!

My sister made the most amazing roast dinner for us tonight with all the trimmings & a gorgeous pavlova cake for dessert. My throat was burning like mad with indigestion or heartburn or whatever you call it.

Such a waste of a gorgeous meal!

Also, baby although I appreciate the good indication that your head being engaged or at least being very low is - it would be nice if you didn't squeeze the bejasus out of my bladder when you did!

• Advertisement

Caprilicious have you tried drinking milk with your meal? You probably have it's just that I get terrible indigestion/heartburn too and I find milk with the meal helps alot!

notsobusy wrote: »
    Caprilicious have you tried drinking milk with your meal? You probably have it's just that I get terrible indigestion/heartburn too and I find milk with the meal helps alot!

It's a bit hit or miss, sometimes a glass of milk works a treat, but it just seemed to be particularly bad last night.

I shouldn't moan really as I don't normally suffer with indigestion, only during pregnancy. Only a few more weeks before it'll hopefully be a thing of the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 parnellie

every night without fail legs jumpin around like mad. also gettin very uncomfortable now. not that big really i can very easily hide my "bump" but my insides are so squash and the heartburn had me nearly vomitin last night :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Oh bloody hormones :(
    Does anoyone else find you don't realise your having a hormonal "episode" til its passed?
    Was in great form yesterday but for some reason as soon as I got home my mood dropped. I was angry and tearfull because I had to make dinner and felt very sorry for myself for some reason.
    Poor fella couldn't do right for doing wrong, and I felt even worse then cos I knew I was being mean to him for no reason.
    That man has the patience of a Saint! I don't know how he hasn't left me at this stage:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

The Magpie wrote: »
    Oh bloody hormones :(
    Does anoyone else find you don't realise your having a hormonal "episode" til its passed?
    Was in great form yesterday but for some reason as soon as I got home my mood dropped. I was angry and tearfull because I had to make dinner and felt very sorry for myself for some reason.
    Poor fella couldn't do right for doing wrong, and I felt even worse then cos I knew I was being mean to him for no reason.
    That man has the patience of a Saint! I don't know how he hasn't left me at this stage:confused:

Don't worry they are very resilient animals are our men :)

I remember wen i was around four months pregnant i came home from work had a blaring row and stormed off crying..... why??? Because he put the dinner on before lighting the fire!!! imagine!!!! Like what was he thinking :p
    they Will get over it :)

• Advertisement

I have just gone wild at a woman at the local farm shop. I never loose it like that, but it was like a rage that I just couldn't stop.

It was busy enough and I was patiently waiting for a car space, spotted one and was reversing into it when this woman in a big 4x4 who had been parked behind me starts moving forward into the space I was reversing into to get out of her parking space. She blew the horn and I ignored her hoping she would give me a minute to finish reversing but no she blew her horn again. I went into a rage like mental......I got out and went to ask her to give me and minute and ask her did she not see me reversing, she replied oh I'm in a hurry. I reply back sure just reverse out a few feet and you can drive around me. She then says Oh I'm not very good at driving this jeep. Well it took all my strength not to absolutely loose it and the only reason I did it was because she had kids in the back. I called her a moron as I was walking off making sure she heard me. I drive forward allow her to pass and then guess what I miss the space and have to sit waiting another 10 mins for one to come available. I was red in the face by the time I finshed screaming to myself in the jeep :o:o

Totally mortified though, I never loose it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

went to bed perfect last night had had a good day,wake up at half 4 with a blocked nose, sore throat, and a headache and i am as stiff as a poker :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

went to bed perfect last night had had a good day,wake up at half 4 with a blocked nose, sore throat, and a headache and i am as stiff as a poker :-(

Oh no, I had that last weekend. Just took some paracetomol , drank loads and didn't mover unless I had to for most of the day. Was 100 times better the following day. Hope it's the same for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

notsobusy wrote: »
    I have just gone wild at a woman at the local farm shop. I never loose it like that, but it was like a rage that I just couldn't stop.

It was busy enough and I was patiently waiting for a car space, spotted one and was reversing into it when this woman in a big 4x4 who had been parked behind me starts moving forward into the space I was reversing into to get out of her parking space. She blew the horn and I ignored her hoping she would give me a minute to finish reversing but no she blew her horn again. I went into a rage like mental......I got out and went to ask her to give me and minute and ask her did she not see me reversing, she replied oh I'm in a hurry. I reply back sure just reverse out a few feet and you can drive around me. She then says Oh I'm not very good at driving this jeep. Well it took all my strength not to absolutely loose it and the only reason I did it was because she had kids in the back. I called her a moron as I was walking off making sure she heard me. I drive forward allow her to pass and then guess what I miss the space and have to sit waiting another 10 mins for one to come available. I was red in the face by the time I finshed screaming to myself in the jeep :o:o

Totally mortified though, I never loose it like that.

I know how you feel, these days I have zero tolerance for rudeness especially in driving circumstances. I would have done the same and I'm normally very calm and non-confrontational. She deserved a telling off as she undoubtedly does it to others and sends blood pressure sky rocketing across Irelands carparks :D

Don't worry they are very resilient animals are our men :)

I remember wen i was around four months pregnant i came home from work had a blaring row and stormed off crying..... why??? Because he put the dinner on before lighting the fire!!! imagine!!!! Like what was he thinking :p
    they Will get over it :)

Generally men are warned when their partner gets pregnant. My OH has been inundated with horror hormonal stories from the lads in work.

One guy said he came home to find ALL of his clothes out in the back garden. He went upstairs and found his pregnant wife sitting on the bedroom floor crying. She had gotten into a fit of rage, couldn't remember what for, and had just chucked every stitch he had out the window. It was just a once off incident but jesus hormones are powerful. I woke up crying this morning for no real reason other than I was disappointed I couldn't sleep in longer, like proper sobbing, wtf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Mink wrote: »
    Generally men are warned when their partner gets pregnant. My OH has been inundated with horror hormonal stories from the lads in work.

One guy said he came home to find ALL of his clothes out in the back garden. He went upstairs and found his pregnant wife sitting on the bedroom floor crying. She had gotten into a fit of rage, couldn't remember what for, and had just chucked every stitch he had out the window. It was just a once off incident but jesus hormones are powerful. I woke up crying this morning for no real reason other than I was disappointed I couldn't sleep in longer, like proper sobbing, wtf!

Lol thats crazy! Had gone a bit mad myself a few times though over stupid things. I actually scared myself.. And about two seconds later I am bawling and sorry.
    Aw poor you waking up crying... its awful isnt it.
    How are we going to get away with the madness when we have our babies, lol :D:D

I think i can relate to that woman who chucked all her other half's clothes out.
    My darling has this habit when I fold all his clothers & put them away of going for the t-shirt/jumper at the very end of the press, pulling that out letting all the other clothes fall over/get creased :rolleyes:

My moan today is this really embaressing thing I've started doing which is drooling when I sleep :o
    I've NEVER ever done that before and it's just in the past few weeks. I've found since I started my maternity leave that I need a nap of at least an hour during the day even after having a good night's sleep, I'm shattered tired constantly.
    Thankfully my 2 year old is a great little sleeper and she sleeps a minimum 1-2 hours each afternoon so I do get the chance to sleep during the day.

Hope to feck this tiredness eases when baby arrives or I'll have no energy with the night time feeds! :o

Cap getting all that sleep while you're on maternity leave is a very very good idea. You'll be more well rested for the birth but also it gives bab's opportunity to grow more.

My midwife was telling me that if she measures a lady and she is measuring a little behind her dates, she just tells her to get more rest. When you lay down, more blood circulates to placenta and baby. Then usually her size catches up with dates soon after.

I'm looking forward to daytime naps when I go on mat leave!

Mink the maternity leave naps are pure heaven, definitely trying to make the most of them here :)

My moan for today (I'm trying to squeeze my last few in before D-day ;) ) is to the well intentioned lady in the shop today that gave my 2 year old daughter a lollipop without checking first with me if it was ok.
    I've never given her lollipops before & as she was due her nap when we got home, didn't particularly want her having a sugar fix at that time either!

By the time we got home she had the lolly down to the stick, so I had to take it from her. Cue the mother of all melt downs.
    Normally I'm ok with the odd tantrum, she's 2, its par for the course.

However I was on the way home from the GP after asking with him to do something with the satsuma size pile on my ass before labour, only to be told no can do so close to labour due to risk of bleeding etc & was in agony :(

I was also stressed as it was as my poor hubbie sneezed last night which put his fractured spine into agony & I was terrified that he had done himself more harm.

So having a 2 year old temper tantrum that was completely avoidable just made my day :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, rant over, sorry moaning a lot here lately :o

Ouch Cap... your really having a tough time lately... hope today was better!

Dry mouth is so bad my lips are like carboard: it is awful. And drinking water is making me puke: so i try to drink water to stop the dry mouth and by drinking water it makes me puke. And then I try to eat so that I don't puke: which aggrevates massive heartburn and indigestion which makes me puke which gives me dry mouth: see where I'm going with this??!!

Also braxton hicks hurt like hell :eek: what on earth will I be like in labour?!

I can't wait to not be pregnant and not to feel like the world's biggest crock moan anymore!!

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill Cyning, much better today was just having a moany day Monday :o

I know the feeling though, as much as I've enjoyed being pregnant - I can't wait to be 'me' again!
    Though I know you have had a much tougher time, I don't blame you for wanting to get out the other end of things now. Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will fly by for you :) & fingers crossed your labour will be a very easy one. You certainly deserve an easy one after all the sickness you've had so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi All!

Im due in late November. can i ask for your experiences and compare them to mine? My normal weight in bout 9 1/2 stone. Pre-pregnancy i used to walk for an hour everyday without fail and eat very healthily... dinner consisting of a bit of meat, spuds and a tonne of veges! Now im 8 1/2 weeks preggers and cant stand the sight of nearly anything healthy! I havent really been getting sick but feel nauseaous in the the morning. The smell, texture, taste and even thought of any kind of vegetables makes me feel sick. However, the thought of carbs and bread and junk is just fine so thats what I seem to be able to eat! Im up for work at 7am 5 mornings a week and by the time I get home at about 4pm Im too tired for anything other than bed. I rest for a couple hours when I get home with all the intentions of walking in the evening but I am still just too tired! So basically... the carb and junk and the lack of exercise are basically making me feeling completely bloated! I hear you dont really put on too much weight in the first 12 weeks but i have put on a bit! not an excesive amount... but enough to make me realise that if this keeps up I will be huuuge by 9 months!!!! Has anyone any experiences like this that is in their 1st trimester????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Sligo1,

Not this time, but last time I had that problem. The smell of a lot of foods became unbearable to me and it seemed that all I wanted to eat were starchy foods (potatoes, pasta, rice, crisps, popcorn etc). I think it's because they are also bland.

But it doesn't sound like you've gained much weight, and things might get easier for you (they should anyway) once you get to the second trimester. Try not to worry about weight gain, your body will want to do it anyway, to prepare for feeding and running around after that baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hi Sligo1,

That is *perfectly* normal! I was exactly the same. Couldn't even look at a salad for about 4 weeks. I tried to just avoid eating too much bread and pasta, and get a walk in during the day if evenings are out. Try to substitute foods which aren't as bad as junk, like have beans on a baked potato, or scrambled eggs on wholewheat toast for example - those type of foods didn't turn my stomach as much as salad or fish :)

You need to just listen to your body for now, rest when you need to, and come week 11/12, the food aversions should start to wane, and you'll start feeling yourself again (I promise!) I'm 17 weeks now and am exercising and eating as I was before I got pregnant (well almost!) - feeling almost normal :)

oh and congratulations!! :D

Sligo1 I could have written your post when I was at 6-12 weeks.

I went off everything healthy and could only manage carbs and junk.

Don't worry, little by little you'll incorporate them back into your diet. I pretty much was able to eat everything again except fresh salmon.

I also went from a regular runner/walker to not being able to face it. I also developed a bad back that got exacerbated by walking.

I also wouldn't worry re the weight gain. I started at a similar weight to you, gained a fair bit of weight throughout 1st trimester (even though you're not supposed to) and have been steadily gaining weight in my 2nd (almost into 3rd trimester now). My weight gain is a good few pounds higher than the recommended for the week I'm in.

However, apart from my bump & boobs, I don't actually look that different. I still fit into the same maternity clothes from 2 mths ago (more or less same size as before got preg - 12). In other words the majority of it has gone to bump, boobs and all the extra fluid. I'd say I've gained absolutely max 5lbs in fat but it hasn't affected the clothes size I wear.

In keeping with the moan thread, my back is fecking killing me, I pulled it yesterday while making the bed, wtf! So I'm off work today unable to do anything on my long list of house projects. Thank god for boards.ie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I have subconjunctival hemorrhage from throwing up so much. I can't get a good picture of it but this picture I found online is basically what my eyes look like. (Except not like a man.)

29ojqe0.png

I completely freaked out last night when I looked in the mirror and saw it.

iguana wrote: »
    I have subconjunctival hemorrhage from throwing up so much. I can't get a good picture of it but this picture I found online is basically what my eyes look like. (Except not like a man.)

29ojqe0.png

I completely freaked out last night when I looked in the mirror and saw it.

Agh I got them too... I really can give you no advice! They do go away after awhile though: but they are exacerbated by more vomiting :rolleyes: I freaked out the first time I saw it I was in hosp at the time (with the vomiting!) they weren't too worried about it though! They did tell me to sit when vomiting not stand and to hold my sides if it was particularly violent.

Hope it eases soon :)

Good God Iguana you poor thing, that looks like a very painful thing to have on your eye :( Hope it heals soon.

Sligo1 I was the very same, I barely ate a morsel for the first 3-4 months, I really died with the morning sickness.
    I lost approx. 1 stone in the first few months but going by my scans baby is the perfect size if not a bit on the big side :o

Just try your best to eat little and often to keep up your strength. On my first pregnancy I lived on wine gums, toast and water for a fortnight when I could manage little else.
    I gave birth to a lovely healthy little girl at the end though :)
    Hopefully you'll recover from it very soon and feel back to yourself!

I only have a mini moan today, baby please stop dancing on my bladder! Every time I go for a wee (VERY frequently these days!) he pushes right down on my bladder. Ok it helps squeeze the last few drops out but feels so uncomfortable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thanks everyone! Its really good to be able to compare others experiences and similarities with my own. Hopefully by week 12 things will begin to feel normal again.

Seeing Iguana's post makes me feel a little bad for complaining in comparison! Poor doll!

Role on 2nd trimester is all I can say.

Thanks again and good luck to all x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's not actually too painful. It hurt for a couple of hours after the bout of vomiting that caused it and my nose felt like it was about to explode for about an hour. I thought I was getting a migraine initially and took a paracetamol but later in the day the pain lifted. I only noticed the blood pools shortly before I went to bed when I looked in the bathroom mirror. I really did freak out when I saw them though. A couple of years ago when my husband was in an ICU his eyes went like that as a result of toxins swelling his brain and that was my only experience of red eyeballs. I half thought I was dying. :o

Advertisement