Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

cyning wrote: »
    Agh I got them too... I really can give you no advice! They do go away after awhile though: but they are exacerbated by more vomiting :rolleyes: I freaked out the first time I saw it I was in hosp at the time (with the vomiting!) they weren't too worried about it though! They did tell me to sit when vomiting not stand and to hold my sides if it was particularly violent.

Hope it eases soon :)

I started vomiting like crazy at about 5am on Monday morning and since then I've learned to lie flat out on my stomach when I'm vomiting as it stops my stomach from convulsing as much. I was asleep and woke up feeling horrible and had no time to get out of bed before it started. And even though it went on for hours I didn't feel as bad as I do when I rush to the bathroom. I just lie across the bed with my head hanging over the side and a plastic bag to throw up in.

Cap, the pain isn't actually too bad. It hurt a bit when it happened, though I didn't know what was going on at the time. My nose felt like it was about to explode though as I burst vessels there too. But it was hours before I actually realised what was wrong with my eyes and if I didn't have a mirror I wouldn't know. Well apart from the fact that my husband would have eventually noticed. I've (so far) had a vomit free day so hopefully they'll get better soon.

I've cheered myself up a bit by winning a big bundle of maternity clothes on ebay. I can't wait to swap over to them once they arrive. I'm too big for my jeans and I feel like a slob in tracksuit pants or pyjamas all the time. And if I don't feel too sick over the weekend I'm going to try make it to the pregnancy and baby fair in the RDS as we got free tickets on the SMA site. I just want the free goodie bags really.:)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Iguana, how far along are ya now? That eye looks sore, poor you.

Sligo, I didnt get sickness, and very few food aversions, but it will stabilise hopefully in the middle trimester for you. I was 8 stone when I got pregnant, I'm now 10. Sounds like a lot, but everyone comments on how neat and small my bump is, despite baby being large for its "age" in there. And I'm also still the same size (apart from bump) as I was before, so despite eating carbs like a horse, baby is doing their best to burn it off for me.

There is a lot happening in the first trimester - all the major organs and important body bits are being developed by baby and that uses up all your energy. I believe that your body will tell you what it needs and does not need. I crave citrus-y things, and icy things (which is a sign of anemia, so also been advised to take iron tablets by midwife, I've totally gone off rashers and soy sauce. Probably too salty for baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I had a bowl!! I still have a bowl actually: aside from anything you don't want to be running and getting sick. Although I will never forget getting sick all over the clothes my husband had just washed and dried and folded :p

I had GTT earlier today and I am shattered from it: I have bruised arms and now I'm feeling the effects of not drinking at all last night: blasted dry mouth :rolleyes: and heartburn/indigestion/nausea!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had GTT earlier today and I am shattered from it: I have bruised arms and now I'm feeling the effects of not drinking at all last night: blasted dry mouth :rolleyes: and heartburn/indigestion/nausea!!

I had the GTT too at about 28 weeks. dumbass that I was, I "fasted" from midnight like a good girl but got up at 5am and drank a pint of mi-wadi.

Still passed it tho. Like.a.boss. :D

My arm was a state after it though. Felt like a pincusion. I brought my kindle with a brand new book downloaded and I was sorted.

Neyite wrote: »
    Iguana, how far along are ya now? That eye looks sore, poor you.

I'll be eleven weeks on Sunday. Really hopes it settles down soon and I'm not a 2nd tri sufferer (no offence Cyning). Here's a really weird thing that makes me sick; the baby and bump forum. I have an account there but whenever I log on I feel really sick within half a minute. I don't know whether it's that I have developed a serious aversion to light purple or if I am subconsciously a lot more anxious about pregnancy than I think I am. Probably the latter I guess, though I can post about pregnancy here and on another general forum I use without problem. But I can't look at BnB.:confused:

• Advertisement

Not to jinx myself but the sickness seems to have lifted a bit the last few days, I'm still queasy but haven't thrown up in two days so I got out of the house today and went to the baby fair. Got my scan tomorrow and I'm so nervous. I bought a few things at the fair and my mother in law bought more and we got loads and loads of freebies and now I have this feeling that I made a big, big mistake and if I get bad news tomorrow I will have a house full of baby stuff. I've hidden it all away in the spare room so it won't be the first thing I see when we get home, just in case.

My moan is that I am back to seriously constipated in spite of eating two kiwis a day for the last few days. Even if I have a perfect scan tomorrow I'm worried that if I don't go before then the poo will show up on the screen as I've heard of that happening to people. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I'm trying not to be grumpy but my back are killing me last few days.
    It was grand when it was warmer and I visited swimming pool 2twice a week, no I get mild cold so I'm not going and I barely can stand it.
    When I mentioned this to my hubby he said it is my own fault as I wanted baby and I should be prepared for pain! I was so pissed off at him.
    he apologized later and explain that he felt useless as he cannot do anything to help me, but I still feel hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

Awake half the night with my youngest as she has a stomach bug ended up moving the eldest one out to my bed to sleep without being woken my the 3yr old crying cue me waking today with my back in bits, spd acting up and have the bug now myself, oh also has the bug so not been much chance to get resting myself. 16 weeks and the morning sickness has only started to settle a bit then this :( feeling very sorry for myself today worst birthday ever :pac:

Iguana I hope the sickness stays away: I know the sheer relief of even a day where you don't puke let alone two :) Try not to be nervous about the scan, even though that is absolutely next to impossible. And don't even think about the baby stuff. I find boiled water can help get things moving too: although these days I have the opposite problem!!

Saurelin I really don't blame you for being pissed off: I would have been too!

Sassa hope your feeling a bit better tomorrow :)

I don't even know where to start: I'm exhausted but I don't want to go to bed because if I do it will make the heartburn worse which will make me puke and I really really cannot stomach the thoughts of vomiting anymore today. I think if things don't improve I'm going to have to start taking the anti nausea tablets at home which I really really don't want to do. Even baby kicking can set me off these days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Cyning I take it the heartburn meds make you feel sick. Have you tried the fruity rennies ones, they seem to be the least offensive?
    iguana wrote: »
    Not to jinx myself but the sickness seems to have lifted a bit the last few days,

Sickness is probably starting to abate as you're heading into your 2nd tri. I never got sick, just a little nausea but it eased up somewhere around 10 or 11 wks.

Don't let those old wives tales get to you re not getting stuff for baby early on. I started buying stuff when I started TTC!
    Saurelin wrote: »
    I'm trying not to be grumpy but my back are killing me last few days.

Oh I feel your pain, I am in BITS. This is after taking Friday off because of my back & resting most of that day, Sat & Sun. It's so frustrating as I have so much to do. I'm really in a lot of pain but don't want to take pain meds and don't want to shell out more cash for alternative medecines (ie; acupuncture) which might not do anything in this circumstance.
    sassa wrote: »
    feeling very sorry for myself today worst birthday ever :pac:

Feel better! Cake usually improves everything for me, no matter what's going on

• Advertisement

Ya rennies are doing nothing, and the chalky taste off the minty ones is vile, and the fruity ones taste like crap to me too!! Dairy still makes me vomit so milk is out of the question: I'm all problems :D

I just sat down and bawled last night I felt so bad: woke my poor husband up who was asleep in the other room I cried so loudly. Trying to comfort me when I'm hormonal, sick, tired inbetween vomiting was fairly difficult for him. I was inconsolable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

A very mild moan compared to what some of you are experiencing, but I am so sick of the damn pain in my back and hips.

I'm so sick of being limited to the vivacity and grace of movement of a 90 year old, I think I just did myself a small injury trying to get up off the couch. (ever seen a turtle stuck on its back trying to roll over? That's me) :o

I barely slept last night again because I felt like somebody had broken my pelvis in half, it felt like it was cracked right down the middle (I can't begin to imagine the pain the ladies with SPD go through, seriously). I miss being able to bop around the house when I'm listening to music and cleaning, I miss dancing like a complete eejit in the shower, I miss being able to bend down to light a fire / pick up stuff off the floor / put something in a press without involuntarily going 'oooooooof!' or 'aaagh'.

Only a week till EDD, come on baby!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Ya rennies are doing nothing, and the chalky taste off the minty ones is vile, and the fruity ones taste like crap to me too!! Dairy still makes me vomit so milk is out of the question: I'm all problems :D

I just sat down and bawled last night I felt so bad: woke my poor husband up who was asleep in the other room I cried so loudly. Trying to comfort me when I'm hormonal, sick, tired inbetween vomiting was fairly difficult for him. I was inconsolable :(

Cyning, you have just caused my 9th outburst of tears this evening - just imaging you crying!! Hope you feel better soon.

My moan today is that I can't stop crying. Think its because i'm so tired and work has been so busy I haven't had time to take it easy.

Jesus cyning that really sucks. You're making me tear up. I've been teary all morning in work from back & hip pain but I'd imagine it's only 1% of what you're feeling.
    Shuwaaah wrote: »
    A very mild moan compared to what some of you are experiencing, but I am so sick of the damn pain in my back and hips.

I'm so sick of being limited to the vivacity and grace of movement of a 90 year old, I think I just did myself a small injury trying to get up off the couch. (ever seen a turtle stuck on its back trying to roll over? That's me) :o

I barely slept last night again because I felt like somebody had broken my pelvis in half, it felt like it was cracked right down the middle (I can't begin to imagine the pain the ladies with SPD go through, seriously). I miss being able to bop around the house when I'm listening to music and cleaning, I miss dancing like a complete eejit in the shower, I miss being able to bend down to light a fire / pick up stuff off the floor / put something in a press without involuntarily going 'oooooooof!' or 'aaagh'.

Only a week till EDD, come on baby!!!

I'm like you now and I'm not even 7 months. I'm investing in one of those maternity support belts today. I'm actually completely desperate at this point as I'm facing having to stay off work a long time if I don't solve it quick

I really hope you are feeling better today Cyning.

I feel really bad I made ye all teary now :(

Still sick but in a much better mood now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

My moan today is this really embaressing thing I've started doing which is drooling when I sleep :o

omg cap ive started to do that tooo.. i was only saying it to my mam the weekend,, its disgusting,. i wonder why it's starting ????? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

My moan is that my morning sickness seems to be back with a vengeance - and puking hurts now!

With that and the heartburn, the aching hips, and the bone weary tiredness, I think the third trimester is going to be a pain in the proverbial!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kash wrote: »
    My moan is that my morning sickness seems to be back with a vengeance - and puking hurts now!

With that and the heartburn, the aching hips, and the bone weary tiredness, I think the third trimester is going to be a pain in the proverbial!
    Kash I'm with you on that.

I wake up with hearburn almost every time when I dream that I eat something

and my moan is cloaths.
    i can't wear maternity trouses they get so uncomfy last few thays so I'm wearing only skirts and dresses. I wanted to wear leggins and tunics to work but I was told that it is not smart business wear so I can't. wrr

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Oh god girls, I can't catch my breath, keep struggling to get a proper breath, doesn't matter if I am sitting, standing, driving, lying down, ended up having to get out of bed last night and pace the floor, then started bawling crying with the stress of it. At work I have to keep getting up off my chair to pace the floor and try to get air in and I am only 26 weeks... feel like bawling crying now in work as I feel it's such a silly complaint. :(

• Advertisement

March11 wrote: »
    Oh god girls, I can't catch my breath, keep struggling to get a proper breath, doesn't matter if I am sitting, standing, driving, lying down, ended up having to get out of bed last night and pace the floor, then started bawling crying with the stress of it. At work I have to keep getting up off my chair to pace the floor and try to get air in and I am only 26 weeks... feel like bawling crying now in work as I feel it's such a silly complaint. :(

I'd probably cry too, it can be a bit scary to not catch your breath and your body will naturally get stressed if it feels it's not getting enough oxygen. Could it be anything to do with your posture? I'm starting pregnancy yoga on Sat hopefully (though I've been saying this for 2 mths) and I'm told that this really helps with your breathing and getting big deep breaths in. Might be an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

I have 7 weeks to go until estimated due date. My baby is lying "oblique", or sideways. Her head is stuck by my right hip and her feet under my left rib. She is also lying with her back inwards. This means I have 4 golf balls consisting of feet/knees/elbows/god knows what constantly sticking out of my belly.:eek:

The pain and discomfort is unreal - skin was not made to stretch this way! Please please please baby can you turn around and give me some relief?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

cocoemma wrote: »
    My moan today is this really embaressing thing I've started doing which is drooling when I sleep :o

omg cap ive started to do that tooo.. i was only saying it to my mam the weekend,, its disgusting,. i wonder why it's starting ????? :P

Lol sad thing that I am I had to go google it, apparently it is normal, something to do with increased saliva production being part of pregnancy :o

My husband was laughing at how attractive I looked this morning with my pillow puddle of drool :o:D

kaalgat I've seen lots of recommendations for www.spinningbabies.com - not sure if this might be of some use to you? tips on how to get baby to turn.
    I'm not sure how effective it is from first hand experience, but a lot of people seem to recommend it.
    Hopefully your baby will get into the right position soon so you have some relief!

March11 that is frightening :( I had it once or twice in work when I exerted myself (running upstairs :o). If its any consolation, once baby engaged I did find I was able to breathe much easier so hopefully this will be the case for you.

Kash & Cyning, my heart goes out to you both with the sickness. I hope it eases soon :(

My only moan as such is about the 'any sign', 'anything stirring' texts I've been receiving since the beginning of the week.
    My *estimated* due date is today, realistically it could be another fortnight before babs makes an appearance.......if the texts/calls keep up, it could make for a very long fortnight :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

My only moan as such is about the 'any sign', 'anything stirring' texts I've been receiving since the beginning of the week.
    My *estimated* due date is today, realistically it could be another fortnight before babs makes an appearance.......if the texts/calls keep up, it could make for a very long fortnight :o

That is my most lingering moan memory from last pregnancy. It got to the point where I felt extremely stressed and began to feel like I never wanted to speak to my Mother again, ever. It's for that very reason that now, at 17w 5d we haven't told any of our family I'm pregnant. When we do we'll probably add about a month to the EDD :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

That's the bit I'm dreading the most. If people just stopped and thought about it for a split second they wouldn't send the text or call. I think my OH's mum and my best friend are going to be my two biggest head wreckers.

My moan for today is baby brain which is causing me to make all these silly little mistakes in work...thankfully it's nothing serious, but it's making me panic that I will make a big mistake some day.
    It's just started in the last week or so, the same time as I'm waking during the night coz I can't get uncomfortable.
    I also can't think of the right questions to ask people and I forgot someone's name the other day, just as the phone was being answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I hate this country. If this baby and I survive our maternity "CARE" system it will be a miracle.

The pregnancy and birth bit is easy - God save us both from the consultants.

Not the biggest problem in the world, but I want paté! I can practically taste it, delicious, delicious paté.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The restless legs thingy is driving me insane I have them all the time!!! Totally demented by them....Does anyone have any advise on how to relieve them. I do the stretches and try and do a bit of walking but that is being curtailed as I have started getting a severe pain across my belly. It usually goes away after a few minutes but I have to stop walking and stand still or sit down.....I'm used to being very active and hate the lack of mobility at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

kildareash wrote: »
    That's the bit I'm dreading the most. If people just stopped and thought about it for a split second they wouldn't send the text or call. I think my OH's mum and my best friend are going to be my two biggest head wreckers.

My moan for today is baby brain which is causing me to make all these silly little mistakes in work...thankfully it's nothing serious, but it's making me panic that I will make a big mistake some day.
    It's just started in the last week or so, the same time as I'm waking during the night coz I can't get uncomfortable.
    I also can't think of the right questions to ask people and I forgot someone's name the other day, just as the phone was being answered.

I also agree about the texts. I will be ignoring my phone. But my mum will drive my OH demented and if she can't get through to me, she rings my dads houseline and if I'm not there she'll ring my Oh's houseline and his mobile!!! So annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Since I had my daughter 11 years ago, i made a decision to never text "anything stirring" to a pregnant woman.
    Of all my friends and family who have had babies since, i have sent them a message about 2 weeks before due date, to wish them best of luck and that i will wait for the news. and left it at that.....
    now that i am expecting my second child i hope that everyone will pay me the same curtosy!

Advertisement