Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I don't think I've ever asked someone "any stir". Like that's Silly, they will get in touch when there is news.
    I might say it to a family member if I met them in town, but more of a how is x's wellbeing rather than a question I know the answer to already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

kildareash wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever asked someone "any stir". Like that's Silly, they will get in touch when there is news.
    I might say it to a family member if I met them in town, but more of a how is x's wellbeing rather than a question I know the answer to already!

Kildareash, it's not something I would ever ask anyone either, but from the number of texts, phone calls and emails my husband and I got last year we seem to be in the minority.

18 weeks pregnant now and we still haven't told family. We're seriously considering being extremely vague about when the baby is due, as in, out by months because we nearly cracked up last time between the irritating enquiries and the other day-to-day stress we were dealing with in that last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

iguana wrote: »
    Not the biggest problem in the world, but I want paté! I can practically taste it, delicious, delicious paté.:(

Blue cheese and camembert cravings here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Vel wrote: »
    Blue cheese and camembert cravings here!!

i just want a burger...
    they were eating huge burgers on desperate housewives last night, and its all i can think about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

What's wrong with burgers? You can have a burger can't you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

silly wrote: »
    i just want a burger...
    they were eating huge burgers on desperate housewives last night, and its all i can think about...

Omg me too!!! I've actually been sitting here in work looking at the Eddie Rockets menu......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I bloody hope so! I've been eating them throughout my pregnancy!
    I do over cook the burgers though...

I've googled and it's apparently fine once they are well cooked. And as a result we are having burgers for dinner this evening. And sweet potato wedges. :D

Hmm, my moan: I don't have burgers and sweet potato :(

:D

My husband was sent to Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'd give my husbands left nut for a massive wedge of Brie right now.

Actually a sushi starter, rare steak dinner, mousse for dessert & then the Brie after with crackers.

I guess Caprilicious has graduated the moans thread :D!

God I am starving.....think I'm going to have a burger for lunch!!! Have to wait till 2 till I can get anything to eat though......:(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mink wrote: »
    I'd give my husbands left nut for a massive wedge of Brie right now.

Actually a sushi starter, rare steak dinner, mousse for dessert & then the Brie after with crackers.

I guess Caprilicious has graduated the moans thread :D!

oohhh.... Pate, or scallops or mussels as a starter, rare steak with loads of blood, bottle of red wine, tiramsu for dessert, brie and stilton with crackers...mmmmmm

There is so much I'm gonna eat in about 3 weeks time! Couldnt give a toss about alcohol really except for a taste of a nice red wine from time to time, but really miss my grub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Neyite wrote: »
    oohhh.... Pate, or scallops or mussels as a starter, rare steak with loads of blood, bottle of red wine, tiramsu for dessert, brie and stilton with crackers...mmmmmm

There is so much I'm gonna eat in about 3 weeks time! Couldnt give a toss about alcohol really except for a taste of a nice red wine from time to time, but really miss my grub.

It really pisses me off having to have "well done" everything. I like my steak to be mooing!

I've been eating occasional mussels, was I not meant to? Oops!

To be honest, I'm not much of a drinker, but I miss being able to have more than one glass of wine/beer. It's the fact that I'm not allowed that makes me want to go out and get sh1tfaced haha. I told OH that as soon as I'm well enough after the birth I'm going out on the tear (I won't of course as I never really did anyway, haven't been properly drunk in years) but it's just the fact of it being "banned" that makes me want to do it.

Must be an "apple in the garden of eden" complex thing.

I've been having the odd drink here and there, mostly glasses of red wine but it gives me severe indigestion so don't really bother anymore :(

I'm not a big drinker anyway. If you cook the soft cheese like cheese on toast it's supposed to be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Okay I know some of this isn't banned but I've developed massive aversions since I got pregnant sooo....

French Onion Soup followed by a well done steak (hey I like mine well done!) with chips, garlic butter and loads of fried onions, and homemade bailey's cheesecake :D

Oh and goats cheese and brie.

And a massive 99: I could murder an icecream cone! And a soft runny egg :P

Also could the acidy heartburn that is making me puke please please feck off :p

Goats cheese, drizzled with honey and walnuts - rare steak with fois gras and truffle topping, and merringue. Followed by roquefort and brie. And a glass of champagne... my imagination has no limit on it's credit card.

And eggs and soldiers - hard boiled eggs are oh so crap.

I am starving, was only supposed to be working till 2 but now am working till 5. I don't mind but a client came in earlier and now I have to hang around the office till he comes back and I can tell him that I'm off for lunch and that the boss will be back tomorrow morning......sodding starving.

Practically drooling over the thoughts of steak and french onion soup.....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh my god a soft boiled egg is all i want to eat i can't wait for one :-)

oh my god a soft boiled egg is all i want to eat i can't wait for one :-)

Oh stop, now you have me drooling! A soft boiled egg with soldiers!

I've had two white wine spritzers since I found out I was pregnant. We've had a few dinner parties and I've put out a wine glass for myself but then changed my mind.
    I don't think I've ever drank as much in a short period of time as I did before I found out I was pregnant. I was convinced the queasy feeling I had was a three day hangover. I think the shock of finding out I was pregnant then put the fear of god in me.

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »
    I've been eating occasional mussels, was I not meant to? Oops!

I think mussels and other shellfish are ok once they are well cooked. The same with soft cheeses, so you could have a baked camembert, deep fried brie or toasted goats cheese as long as you let it bubble a bit under the grill.

It's the opposite of what belongs on this thread but yesterday's burgers were honestly the best I've ever eaten.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The first thing I'm gonna have coming home with baby is a soft fried egg double decker sambo with butter and a little sprinke of salt...all that gooey yolkey yumminess getting my sammich all sticky...

With mussels and other shellfish its to do with the ones that are bad getting in accidently with the good stuff so easily. I dont think that if you have a well cooked mussel that was bad it makes a difference- you'll still get sick.

I am totally craving the stuff I wouldnt even bother with much normally...

I want to eat my hand I am so hungry 55 mins till lock up time. Fried egg sandwich....so cruel.

Lads I'll be honest I've been eating fried eggs and soft boiled eggs. Duh head me didn't realise that that meant it was uncooked :( so sad now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh all i want now is a boiled egg, i think we should stop talking about what we can't have x

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

i asked my doc and midwife about eggsand they said if they are slighty soft its ok

Sickness back.:(

Oh Iguana I know that feeling :mad:

I'm exhausted from having to get up to get sick at night... I'm shattered and pukey, And I want a shower but on my own and can't go for one cause really not well enough right now :(

cyning wrote: »
    Oh Iguana I know that feeling :mad:

I'm exhausted from having to get up to get sick at night... I'm shattered and pukey, And I want a shower but on my own and can't go for one cause really not well enough right now :(

Oh Cyning, my heart just sinks for you.
    This little one is really putting you through hell. Sending you lots of cyber hugs.

kildareash wrote: »
    Oh Cyning, my heart just sinks for you.
    This little one is really putting you through hell. Sending you lots of cyber hugs.

I'm waiting for my very easy non-painful labour, and a baby that sleeps through the night from the start after it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 KD3107

Dear god the leg cramps have started 5 o'clock this morning, took twenty minutes to get rid of it. The other killer is chronic heart burn, this baby is gona have a gaviscon or fruit rennie logo imprinted on it.:(

Advertisement