Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The vomiting has turned into a killer migraine that has been plaguing me since I stopped throwing up yesterday. I can't take anything for it as whenever I take paracetamol I throw up quite quickly afterwards and when I throw up the pain comes back full force. Every so often it goes away for an hour or so and I think it's finally gone and then it comes back at me full force. I took a bath a while ago and it eased but I can feel it building up again now and I want to cry. Worst of all it's my husband's birthday and I've treated him to a shít day of me being a grumpy moaner who handed him his presents this morning while lying on my side, faced away from him in a dark room.

Also lukewarm baths are crap.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Agh iguana you sound like me a few months ago: when your puking migraines are so much worse esp if your a bit dehydrated from vomiting: I used try heat patches on my neck or a hot water bottle, and then migraleve cooling patches on my forehead. It's so so difficult :( it doesn't get rid but it did help abit.

I really really hope it eases off :)

I'm so tired I cant even moan tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I really hope you feel better soon Iguana and that this isn't something you have to put up with for the duration!
    KD3107 wrote: »
    Dear god the leg cramps have started 5 o'clock this morning, took twenty minutes to get rid of it. The other killer is chronic heart burn, this baby is gona have a gaviscon or fruit rennie logo imprinted on it.:(

Yeah my baby is coming out fruit flavoured I think.

Migraine day 3. I used to get menstrual migraines or occasional tension headaches before but they never lasted past a day before. I feel like cracking up. I have to get out of bed in a minute to go to a birthday lunch some friends are making for my husband and I really hope I manage to get through today. I'd give anything for a piping hot bath to soothe my neck and shoulders followed by a pair of industrial strength migraine pills and a chance to sleep it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Indigestion is really get to me. Bought some lemon flavoured gaviscon tablets this morning and they are revolting but all I have so sticking it out.

The peppermint flavoured Gaviscon liquid is also revolting.....running out of ideas :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh the heartburn is killing me the last few days i can't get rid of it :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Ahh piles and heartburn!!!!

I just couldn't get comfy in the bed last night. Had to go to the chemist first thing this morning

Roll on the end of June

I'm pretty sure I'm going through a box & 1/2 to 2 boxes of the fruity rennies a week :eek:

Mink wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I'm going through a box & 1/2 to 2 boxes of the fruity rennies a week :eek:

Fun pregnancy list! What order do you list your favourite Rennie flavours? Mine are blackcurrant, orange, strawberry and lastly lemon which is too Lemsip like.:p

for me it has to be blackcurrent, strawberry, orange and then the lemon if i am desperate as i don't like them x

• Advertisement

Favourite is orange, then strawberry, lemon and then blackcurrant (not fond of last two but they are still far superior to the dreaded Gaviscon tablets or minty tablets).

Maybe we should post a collection of the ones we don't like to someone else that enjoys them & vice versa :pac:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I've only started to get acid indigestion in the last week or so. Monster bottle of the Aniseed Galviscon Advanced formula, its really thick and a bit ick but it does the job.

... I'm developing a fine set of Cankles. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Paying a quick trip in here to get rid of the broodiness! :p

You can get tablets in the chemist for heartburn & indigestion called Remegel. They are chewy like sweets and come in mint and summer fruit flavour. I found them great for the heartburn and they taste pretty nice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Someone reccommended Bisodol to me today? Or I think it was Bisodol. My brain is mush at the moment so can't remember anything!

im willing to try anything now at the moment to get rid of the heart burn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I had it pretty bad a while ago, but I was talking a stomach tablet for excess acid before I got pregnant.

It's not easy but I found finding the root of the problem (or one of them) helped big time. For me it was onions.

Also, sleeping sitting up or in a semi propped up position keeps the acid down and i found milk helps to neutralise it.

Unfortunately there is no cure tho because its just the muscle relaxing, these r just things that helped me

According to my mum, her number one heartburn relief was vanilla ice-cream. It didn't take it away but she said it eased it a lot. I'm still too nauseous for sweet things (and the last time I had ice-cream, 4 days ago, it ended very badly :( ) but it might be useful to someone who isn't still getting sick. And it will taste nicer than rennies.

oh thanks ladies i must try ice cream i like that idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I had heart burn all last week - at the same time every day.....
    then at the weekend i had none...so i realised it was my mommy's delicious brown bread that was giving me the heartburn as i had been having it for my lunch all last week.
    I dont have any heart burn anymore thank god.
    Can ye girls try and pin point a particular food to the heart burn??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

Healthy diet, not any ice cream!

http://heartburn.about.com/cs/dietfood/a/heartburnfoods3.htm

Foods To Avoid On The Acid Reflux Diet:

-• Sour cream
    • Milk shake
    • Ice cream
    • Cottage cheese, regular , and more..

• Advertisement

I've got to say icecream helps me: gives relief because the burning goes for a little while to be honest... it does come back though! sleeping propped up helps too!

Things like tomatoes, oranges trigger it most with me so I try to avoid them abit! But everything triggers it: water, bread, meat EVERYTHING... its just stupid pregnancy!!

yeah i can't really pin point what gives me the heart burn, but Im trying to pin point it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Have been pretty lucky so far no heart burn but everything makes me gassy doesn't seem to matter what I've eaten or drank - burped in front of my class of 16 year olds the other day took an age to get them to focus on the lesson afterwards! Also the snoring has got completely out of control wake up every morning with a red raw throat :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

yeah i can't really pin point what gives me the heart burn, but Im trying to pin point it,

Dairy products although initially feeling like they relieve heartburn leave an acid residue that causes it. I have stomach problems and was on meds for years up till I got pregnant a doc told me the above before I got pregnant and it cut my heartburn by about 90% which is still managable now through the pregnancy. If I take milk even once in someones house cause I`ve no soya milk I`m dying!

theg81der wrote: »
    Dairy products although initially feeling like they relieve heartburn leave an acid residue that causes it. I have stomach problems and was on meds for years up till I got pregnant a doc told me the above before I got pregnant and it cut my heartburn by about 90% which is still managable now through the pregnancy. If I take milk even once in someones house cause I`ve no soya milk I`m dying!

Go away i must try cut out dairy and will see am i any better, although i need milk in my tea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

maybe lactose free milk?
    i notice that I get heartburn no matter what I eat but I had ulcer a year ago and pregnancy heartburn is piece of cake compering to that ... but i moan anyway :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Ugh I hear ya about the heart burn :( I made the mistake of eating an orange and then going swimming about 2 hours after, my god I thought I was going to get sick there and then in the pool, had to make a dash for the loo! So far Rennie has worked well enough for me

For me the biggest culprits are onions, garlic and sometimes yoghurts!

My new moan is that if I'm standing for a while, the fronts of my thighs go tingly, then cold, then numb. It's a horrible creepy feeling. Don't think there's much I can do about it other stretch and move around when it happens. I think it might be baby laying a little on a nerve as it only started a week ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I didn`t want to believe it was dairy for the longest time I blamed everything else. Since I`ve really stopped the milk no issues can eat nearly anything. Even milk in my tea at someone elses is enoug to leave me dying with hearburn and not able to sleep.

• Advertisement

Restless legs are about to make me scream.... Coupled with restless arms!!! None of my usual tricks are working.... Just aaaggghhh!!!

Advertisement