Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

cyning wrote: »
    Restless legs are about to make me scream.... Coupled with restless arms!!! None of my usual tricks are working.... Just aaaggghhh!!!
    I thought it was about time i joined the moan thread, crying I've got a restless eyelid it has been twitching like mad for about 5 hrs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

cyning wrote: »
    Restless legs are about to make me scream.... Coupled with restless arms!!! None of my usual tricks are working.... Just aaaggghhh!!!
    Oh-uh, I had this non stop from about weeks 8-12, have you had this already in your pregnancy? I know I'll go mental if it makes a comeback :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

The Magpie wrote: »
    Oh-uh, I had this non stop from about weeks 8-12, have you had this already in your pregnancy? I know I'll go mental if it makes a comeback :(

I have had it already: but tbh I'm completely abnormal when it comes to anything pregnancy related and I really wouldn't go by what happens to me ;)

Pushki I've got to say a twitching eyelid is waaay worse sorry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Week 14 and still being sick every day or two. I'm afraid I'm doomed to be sick for the duration. :(

I saw a massive improvement in my sickness from about week 16 onwards: so don't give hope yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

iguana wrote: »
    Week 14 and still being sick every day or two. I'm afraid I'm doomed to be sick for the duration. :(

I thought it was never gonna end to but it dwindled off from about 16 weeks. Keep heart I know its miserable, it`ll become a distant memory!

I've never had restless legs it must be really annoying ! god pregnancy really does weird stuff to one!!
    Iguana i hope you feel better soon x
    my skin is in terrible condition i keep on getting spots on my face , neck chest and back! feel like a teenager again grrrr!!!!

My skin is soooooooooo dry it actually hurts, feels lik its burning.:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I didn't get over the morning sickness till about 18 weeks, but I only got evening sickness. Then at about 25 weeks I got a bout of more MS for about a week!
    Heartburn wise, I only get it if I'm hungry!
    My main gripe is waking at night with a red hot poker pain in my hip from lying on it,so I turn, then waking 2 hours later with the same pain in the other hip!!

I'm sick of my all day sickness right now!

Also I'm sick of doctors telling me to drink 3 litres a day: i drink as much as I am physically capable of: if I drink more I'll vomit, if I vomit the 3 litres a day won't do much good now will they :rolleyes: Anyway I'm drinking at least a litre and a half on a bad day so its not like I drink nothing...

8 and a half weeks max left :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Bio oil is amazing for your face if you.ve dry skin. Put it on before bed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I am having a completely irrational freak out day - I have a scan on Friday, and I am completely convinced that I am about to have a gargantuan baby.

Why? My bump is enormous, my brother was 13lbs when born, my hubbie is 6'7, I've put on too much weight, random strangers are shocked when i say i have 2 months left to go... it's all piling up today and i'm a wreck, and can't stop crying.

She measured perfectly normal at 20 weeks and I know that I will find out on Friday if that still stands, but that is not helping my complete meltdown today. It doesn't help that i can only seem to get half a lungs worth of breath :(

Oh Kash try not to worry too much: I know your brother was enormous: but these days I don't think they would let babs get that big they WILL keep an eye on you.

And I wouldn't worry about being enormous: some women just get bigger than others...

And I know none of that helps when your having an irrational freak out day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

lower back pain sucks :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Kash wrote: »
    I am having a completely irrational freak out day - I have a scan on Friday, and I am completely convinced that I am about to have a gargantuan baby.

Why? My bump is enormous, my brother was 13lbs when born, my hubbie is 6'7, I've put on too much weight, random strangers are shocked when i say i have 2 months left to go... it's all piling up today and i'm a wreck, and can't stop crying.

She measured perfectly normal at 20 weeks and I know that I will find out on Friday if that still stands, but that is not helping my complete meltdown today. It doesn't help that i can only seem to get half a lungs worth of breath :(

Dont worry too much Kash i had a huge bump on my last pregnancy i was sure i was having a huge baby. He was only 7 pound 10 on arrival. I was just full of fluid.

So my moan is sickness it is really annoying me now keeps coming and going i am twenty weeks this week i hope it soon stops:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yep ditto that Kash, my friend was told she was having a whopper and she was born on time at 6lbs 12ozs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My moan today is I suspect I am outgrowing my wonderful maternity clobber!

They're really feeling snug around my arse, thighs, upper arms, whole body really

Cannot afford to be buying more when I've all the baby stuff to get. I wish I could wear my dressing gown to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Mink wrote: »
    My moan today is I suspect I am outgrowing my wonderful maternity clobber!

They're really feeling snug around my arse, thighs, upper arms, whole body really

Cannot afford to be buying more when I've all the baby stuff to get. I wish I could wear my dressing gown to work!

Me too!! Feel like this

littlebritain_682_391888a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I felt great until today, first one of colleagues told me - OH you are so huge and then our lawyer who didn't seen me for a week asked me am I having a twins as I'm really big.

Now I feel big, and my back are hurting. I can't find any comfy position to fall a sleep :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I feel your pain, one of my colleagues (male) who hadn't seen me in a while looked me up and down last week and said "Oh so you're off on maternity leave this month!" I said "nope, 2 more months here" and he asked if I was sure!!!!

Have you tried a pillow between your knees, and lie on your side with a small cushion under the bump? Thats the only way I can sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ginny I tried pillow between knees, and pregnancy pillow, and wedge pillow

and when I fall a sleep, I wake up few times during night when I turn to my back I wake up and can't fall a sleep again.

my stomach is in Botswana from those bloody iron tablets and ditto lower back pain, don't know what id do without hot water bottles. Also severe anxiety :-(

:-( some people really aren`t nice!

pushki wrote: »
    my stomach is in Botswana from those bloody iron tablets and ditto lower back pain, don't know what id do without hot water bottles. Also severe anxiety :-(

is there different tablets you could try maybe

is there different tablets you could try maybe

oops meant in bits not in Botswana !!! well the pharmacist said they were the mildest and to take every second day. here's hoping that works :-)

i kinda gathered that alright, hope it settles for you soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

javagal wrote: »
    Me too!! Feel like this

littlebritain_682_391888a.jpg

Haha, my boobs aren't far off that :(
    oops meant in bits not in Botswana !!! well the pharmacist said they were the mildest and to take every second day. here's hoping that works :-)

Great autocorrect fail. If you ever want a laugh to take your mind off pregnancy woes, check out damnyouautocorrect.com.
    The best ones are the top 50, never laughed so much in my life, very rude they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

This is going to be my moan for the next two months....back pain, back pain, back pain. Sick of it already! I'm worse than an old person when I'm getting out of bed in the morn or trying to get out of the car.
    Job involves sitting at a desk which is not helping either. I think my boss has started counting the number of cups of tea I'm having or the number of times I've gone to the toilet. But they're just excuses to keep moving around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Last year when I was anaemic I found Spatone liquid iron to be the easiest by far on my stomach. http://www.boots.com/en/Spatone-Iron-Sachets-28_4933/

And as for the autocorrect, a few months back I posted to my facebook about how they had given me Oxymoron at Gallant hospital, when I was on Oxycontin in Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Feeling like I am gona puke all the time but I don't ever throw up. I almost wish I would throw up so I would feel better after...
    That and I am wrecked and in bed at 9.30 every night. Only 7 and a half weeks hone so iv ages more to go!!!!!

Advertisement