Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Tigerton wrote: »
    Feeling like I am gona puke all the time but I don't ever throw up. I almost wish I would throw up so I would feel better after...

Be careful what you wish for. I always feel indescribably worse after I'm sick, I can't move for hours after or I'll set myself off again. I have to lie down flat and eat dry crackers to try and settle my stomach and then very slowly force myself drink so I rehydrate, if I get up and try to walk, even to the bathroom, I start to throw up again. And when I vomit I tend to burst blood vessels in my eyes or nose and end up with red eyeballs, a nose bleed and/or a stonker of a migraine.

That said most women I've spoken to feel better after throwing up but for me vomiting means the next 12-24 hours are a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

iguana wrote: »

Be careful what you wish for. I always feel indescribably worse after I'm sick, I can't move for hours after or I'll set myself off again. I have to lie down flat and eat dry crackers to try and settle my stomach and then very slowly force myself drink so I rehydrate, if I get up and try to walk, even to the bathroom, I start to throw up again. And when I vomit I tend to burst blood vessels in my eyes or nose and end up with red eyeballs, a nose bleed and/or a stonker of a migraine.

That said most women I've spoken to feel better after throwing up but for me vomiting means the next 12-24 hours are a write off.

Ok Iv changed my mind. I don't want that. You poor poor thing! :(

Im Trying some ginger tea now to see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Tigerton wrote: »
    Ok Iv changed my mind. I don't want that. You poor poor thing! :(

Im Trying some ginger tea now to see if that helps.

Ya I totally agree with Iguana: sickness doesn't go away when I vomit: it just makes it worse: it's not like you've eaten something and you'll feel better after it's gone :( Especially when it's constant and all you want is to feel better even for half an hour.

For me I found (and still do) I could keep down red walkers or salt and vinegar taytos when NOTHING else would stay down: and it used make it easier to drink too!

Trial and error I'm afraid :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

pushki wrote: »
    oops meant in bits not in Botswana !!! well the pharmacist said they were the mildest and to take every second day. here's hoping that works :-)

Last year when I was anaemic I found Spatone liquid iron to be the easiest by far on my stomach. http://www.boots.com/en/Spatone-Iron-Sachets-28_4933/

And as for the autocorrect, a few months back I posted to my facebook about how they had given me Oxymoron at Gallant hospital, when I was on Oxycontin in Tallaght.
    Ha ha that's hilarious!!
    I've heard good things about spa tone might ask the pharmacy if its ok, thanks iguana :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

my feet are killing me
    and my back
    and I feel so tired
    and I have so many things to do before end of a day today!

i miss my bed

• Advertisement

I wanted to start aqua aerobics tonight but my swimsuits all look really stupid on me. I went to the local Penneys hoping to pick up a bigger size tankini or swimsuit but all they had was tiny bikinis and tummy control panel swimsuits. I want to cry. Worst of all my husband has some stupid idea in his head that I'm trying to 'get out of' going to aqua aerobics for some reason and thinks I'm making excuses. I think he had a night of wife free X-box planned and is gutted that I'll be home. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

I wanted to start aqua aerobics tonight but my swimsuits all look really stupid on me. I went to the local Penneys hoping to pick up a bigger size tankini or swimsuit but all they had was tiny bikinis and tummy control panel swimsuits. I want to cry. Worst of all my husband has some stupid idea in his head that I'm trying to 'get out of' going to aqua aerobics for some reason and thinks I'm making excuses. I think he had a night of wife free X-box planned and is gutted that I'll be home. :(
    i bought a tummy control swimsuit in a bigger size or 2 when i was pregnant and it was grand and i still use it now. its great. and anyway your pregnant so you will look good!!:D ur husband is trying to get some xbox plaing in before baby comes!!!:rolleyes: once it arrives there will be little time!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had the same problem - any full suits had tummy control, and when I tried them they sqeezed Bump so much he/she kicked up a storm, so I bought one that was fairly stretchy and about 2 sizes up and snipped out the tummy control mesh. Worked out perfectly.

No way was I paying a small fortune to get a maternity swimsuit I'd only wear a handful of times.

Iguana I get in pennys 2 part swimm suit. over the bump top and shorts.
    it costs aprox 15 e in total.

i had to take size 16 of top to fit my bubs :-P and normaly I wear 10-12
    i was looking at maternity swimm suits but they all were to small in chest area
    and I'm not as big there anyway :-)

• Advertisement

pepermint gaviscon = vomit inducing
    give me the aniseed one anyway.
    plan for day:
    slurp gaviscon turn off the lights and cuddle up with my pillows and bump and dream nice things that everything will work out:-)
    have a nice day girls!!!

Saurelin wrote: »
    Iguana I get in pennys 2 part swimm suit. over the bump top and shorts.
    it costs aprox 15 e in total.

That's exactly what I want, did you get it recently? My local Penneys is just really, really awful. It's what is called an E class, so it's got very little decent stock in it. I guess I'll have to brave town to find one.

I've been getting a lot of posterior pelvic pain for the last week and aqua aerobics is supposed to be great for it, so if it helps, I hope to do it twice a week for the summer. I'm lucky to live really near a pool that has it on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It would be nice to meet some other real life pregnant women too.

Iguana approx month ago

navy with white

The acidy stomach on me today is un-flipping-real... and the more baby kicks the sicker I am! And I have a communion to go to tomorrow well dinner noone wants me at the church :D although i think the church would be easier than the smells of dinner!!

Anyway chronic heartburn and nausea and crap loads of braxton hicks and baby kicks makes me feel very sorry for myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

For the ladies that were looking for swimsuits, I got one in m/care for about 15e. Had great plans to go swimming and aqua aerobics but the tags r still on the togs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

not a pregnant moan but a moan none the less

was ment to be finished work at 12.30 today like i do every sat, but we have a locom dentist in this morning, i have never worked for her before and oh my god i have never seen anyone so slow to work, judging by the patients that are left it will be after 2 before we get out :( i just want to go home :(

cyning wrote: »
    The acidy stomach on me today is un-flipping-real... and the more baby kicks the sicker I am! And I have a communion to go to tomorrow well dinner noone wants me at the church :D although i think the church would be easier than the smells of dinner!!

Anyway chronic heartburn and nausea and crap loads of braxton hicks and baby kicks makes me feel very sorry for myself!!

Wow i thought i had it bad you poor thing :-(
    when you think about it we really do go through hell when were growing a baby inside of us. I have a new found respect for my own mother and every mother in the world :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Swollen feet that wobble when I walk!! They're are actually starting to freak me out a little bit - could end up with stretch marks on my feet at the rate they're going! Any tips on how best to deal with them?

lmullen wrote: »
    Swollen feet that wobble when I walk!! They're are actually starting to freak me out a little bit - could end up with stretch marks on my feet at the rate they're going! Any tips on how best to deal with them?

drink plenty of water
    legs up whenever you can

and bigger shoes
    I bought 1 size bigger then normally and it is better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I know I shouldn't moan about being looked after well but this GD is driving me mad.

Testing my blood seven times a day is very awkward, I can't even find a word to describe it. Today, I'm not really in a work environment that allows for snacking. So I hope that doesn't put my results out too much.
    I had to test earlier than I shld have after breakfast because I Cldnt do it at the right time. I know I can explain all this in the hospital but I'm just feeling very overwhelmed by it all today.

I know I'll be grateful in the end if all this prevents me from having to take insulin and all the other things assoc with GD, but for today FML!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Aaaaggggghhhhh I'm so hot, my neck is seriously sore (not sure why!) and getting so many braxton hicks because I am a bit dehydrated... I really hate being pregnant (not the baba bit at the end the feeling fat, frumpy, sick bit!)... just aaagggghhh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Have a really bad pain in my back left ribs. No idea what it's from. Only hurts when I hiccup, burp or move too fast.
    Thankfully not when I sneeze though seeing as my hayfever is bad and can't take antihistamines.
    And My morning sickness has been rotten the past few days...
    I'm a big moan at the mo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

My hips and pelvis have been so painful the last few days :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

+1 on the hip and pelvis pain - it's a b***h with a capital B. Getting out of bed is like running the Krypton Factor obstacle course!

pain in right hip is really bad
    but tomorrow I'm off so I hope it will be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

sore throat, pain in my head, blocked nose and feel like i didn't sleep a wink last night, hate the thoughts of going to work later :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

I feel miserable about the good weather. Why couldn't it be nice last year?! I knew it was going to be a gorgeous summer when I was pregnant!
    I feel so fat and sweaty :(

I am really cranky today!!

Ps I have Constipation! feels like I'm giving birth every time I poop. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ps I have Constipation! feels like I'm giving birth every time I poop. :D

If I go as soon as I need to, things go well. If I delay it for a few hours for some reason, it doesn't go so well & takes a bloody long time :o

My moan is not being able to sleep properly, OH snoring like a mad yoke, waking up from heartburn, waking up every time I have to turn in the bed, when I lie on my right side, my right thigh goes numb & yucky weird.

I wish I could get flown into outer space for a night so I'm weightless & could get a good kip :cool:

• Advertisement

Can I moan every day or am I limited to the amount of times I moan?:D

I have a lung infection and am feeling really sorry for myself. I feel really scared. Feels like i'm breathing under water. I'm on an antibiotic and feel rotten. I didn't want to take any meds during my pregnancy!!

Advertisement