Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Can I moan every day or am I limited to the amount of times I moan?:D

I have a lung infection and am feeling really sorry for myself. I feel really scared. Feels like i'm breathing under water. I'm on an antibiotic and feel rotten. I didn't want to take any meds during my pregnancy!!
    There was days at the start where I moaned every day of not more often :D I think I even moaned that I was now a moan!!

Don't worry about the antibiotics: they wouldn't give them to you if you didn't need them and if they were going to hurt babs! The first time I was in hosp I refused anti nausea medicine, paracetamol for a temp everything: second time I took it after 2 days, 3rd time I asked for it... And took zantac and iv paracetamol too... They really don't give you anything if you don't need it :) hope u feel better soon :)

I am so so tired... I just would kill for 3 hours sleep: just 3 hours is all I'm asking for... That's not too much to ask for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

cyning wrote: »
    There was days at the start where I moaned every day of not more often :D I think I even moaned that I was now a moan!!

Don't worry about the antibiotics: they wouldn't give them to you if you didn't need them and if they were going to hurt babs! The first time I was in hosp I refused anti nausea medicine, paracetamol for a temp everything: second time I took it after 2 days, 3rd time I asked for it... And took zantac and iv paracetamol too... They really don't give you anything if you don't need it :) hope u feel better soon :)

I am so so tired... I just would kill for 3 hours sleep: just 3 hours is all I'm asking for... That's not too much to ask for!

The doctor reassured me and the chemist . I already feel better and this is only my second day on them. They gave me some emergency ones at D Doc.

Why can't you sleep?? Hope you manage to get some sleep you poor thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Baby does not want me to!! I find it hard to fall asleep and I wake up with kicks/ needing to pee / heartburn / nausea and add in a dodgy thyroid too :D oh and restless legs they are a killer... Ah well only 5 weeks and 3 days max left woohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I have a lung infection and am feeling really sorry for myself. I feel really scared. Feels like i'm breathing under water. I'm on an antibiotic and feel rotten. I didn't want to take any meds during my pregnancy!!

I was on antibiotics for a week every month until seven months on my last pregnancy. I now have a very healthy two year old so do not worry about taking them. My moan is a serious pain in my back think i got it yesterday from lifting my young fella. Midwife warned me not to lift him but he never gives up!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I had to take antibiotics for a bad kidney infection a few months ago. I wasn't very happy about it either but try and think that it's better for baby in the long run.
    Doc assured me that the antibiotics he was giving me didn't go through the placenta barrier and so wldnt effect baby. Whereas being physically sick with the kidney infection cld bring on early labour.
    When your fighting fit, your in a much better position to nurture baby as your body is not working so hard.

Hope your feeling better soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Does anyone else have hayfever? I read that I'm not allowed antihistamines but it's driving me mad. I'm at a wedding in France; the weather is boiling hot and it's gorgeous but can't enjoy it cos I can't breath from the hayfever. Ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sick again. I was actually beginning to believe it had passed.:( I was feeling seriously heartburny. Took some Gaviscon and within 30 seconds I was puking up the Gaviscon (which is actually less gross on the way back up than it is on the way down) followed by my breakfast and dry heaving. Also I sound like an impaled cow when I puke.:(
    Tigerton wrote: »
    Does anyone else have hayfever? I read that I'm not allowed antihistamines but it's driving me mad. I'm at a wedding in France; the weather is boiling hot and it's gorgeous but can't enjoy it cos I can't breath from the hayfever. Ugh!

Is your nose stuffed up from it? If so try the saline nasal sprays that they sell for young children. It won't solve the hayfever but should provide relief from the symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Yes, I was killed with Hayfever last week, eventually had to go to the chemist - and was given Prevalin nasal spray. According to the Pharmacist it's one of the few Hayfever products on the market that are suitable for pregnancy. It has helped, but I also think all the rain has helped clear the air too.

Yes, I was killed with Hayfever last week, eventually had to go to the chemist - and was given Prevalin nasal spray. According to the Pharmacist it's one of the few Hayfever products on the market that are suitable for pregnancy. It has helped, but I also think all the rain has helped clear the air too.

Yeah mine has been a bit better while it's raining and dull. Il defo check out that nasal spray. Thanks! X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

I get hay fever when the Horse Chestnut trees have flowers! What I found helped was triple X mints,you know the really strong ones (eat liberally throught day) and two spoons of manuka honey each morning and night. I have absolutely no scientific rationale for this, except it was what I craved... and it worked for me. The heat from the mints seemed to clear my nasal passages! I don't know what the honey did, but it was yum anyway!

• Advertisement

Just getting over lung infection and I was at doctor today and now I have a kidney infection. Miserable:(:(

Feel like I have been sick most of the pregnancy so far. Escaped bad morning sickness but just seemed to get every other illness! On yet again another antibiotic!!!

That is my moan for today!!

Just getting over lung infection and I was at doctor today and now I have a kidney infection. Miserable:(:(

Feel like I have been sick most of the pregnancy so far. Escaped bad morning sickness but just seemed to get every other illness! On yet again another antibiotic!!!

That is my moan for today!!

Your immune system turns down when you are pregnant to stop it from attacking the baby so as awful as it is at least you know there is good reason for the infections.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

12 weeks and this is my first moan, I am having the worst ecxema of my life all over my upper body, itch is killing me and I find it hard to concentrate at work - have to concentrate on not scratching, which is almost impossible, so as soon as I start concentrating on work I find myself scratching again :( Bought hypoallergenic shower gel and used it, changed the bed, changed my PJ and no improvement whatsoever. Can't for the life of me figure out what causes it, and the most weird part is that the healthier I eat, the more I itch. Wasn't able to go see my GP yesterday and now that I wanted to get an appointment for today I find out that his surgery is closed until tomorrow. Hope I have any skin left until then :O

xiwang wrote: »
    12 weeks and this is my first moan, I am having the worst ecxema of my life all over my upper body, itch is killing me and I find it hard to concentrate at work - have to concentrate on not scratching, which is almost impossible, so as soon as I start concentrating on work I find myself scratching again :( Bought hypoallergenic shower gel and used it, changed the bed, changed my PJ and no improvement whatsoever. Can't for the life of me figure out what causes it, and the most weird part is that the healthier I eat, the more I itch. Wasn't able to go see my GP yesterday and now that I wanted to get an appointment for today I find out that his surgery is closed until tomorrow. Hope I have any skin left until then :O

aw you poor thing. I found my skin was really itchy when I was first pregnant. It kept me awake at night but when I started using bio oil and shea butter, it didn't itch anymore. My skin was so dry and that's why it was itching!! Hope the doctor can give you something to get rid of the itch! worst feeling ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Have very sore ears and a headache today, usually a sign I am coming down with something :(

aw you poor thing. I found my skin was really itchy when I was first pregnant. It kept me awake at night but when I started using bio oil and shea butter, it didn't itch anymore. My skin was so dry and that's why it was itching!! Hope the doctor can give you something to get rid of the itch! worst feeling ever!

I had very dry skin from day one, but this seems to be a completely new level. I got a hypoallergenic cream and bio oil and all sorts of things but when I apply anything it just itches more, so now I am trying to just let my skin breathe. Just called the NurseLine and that gave me some reassurance. I hope you are right and the doctor has something for me tomorrow! Hope you are getting better too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Xiwang, a close friend of mine had a very severe allergic reaction to bio oil when she used it, so it is possible that it is actually aggravating your skin condition.

Not quite what this thread is for but I had found a pram online that was 100% what I want at a really good price and I tried to order it in black. There was a delay with the payment going through on the sellers end and when it was eventually sorted out there were no black prams left.

I know it's a bit early to get the pram but this was such a great offer I'm gutted to miss it. (And I wanted to have the time necessary to teach my dogs to walk alongside it calmly before we put a baby in it.) I'm more upset and annoyed about it than it merits but I really, really wanted that pram and I was so happy to have it sorted.:(:mad::(

Oh I have a whole new moan today. My lower back is fecked. I'm only 12 weeks gone so not even sure it's pregnancy related but it's tough not to be able to take pain killers like I normally would.
    Ow ow ow it hurts to move, lie down, sit, stand...it's no fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Oh I have a whole new moan today. My lower back is fecked. I'm only 12 weeks gone so not even sure it's pregnancy related but it's tough not to be able to take pain killers like I normally would.
    Ask for appointment with physio dep
    i had my 2weeks ago. get some tips and exersizes and since then Im not getting worse and thats something ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I got an awful bad back around 10-12 weeks and I definitely think it was pregnancy related. I think uterus was aggravating a nerve as it was still quite low in my pelvis then. Plus the hormones that relax your joints are really kicking in and that can throw you out of whack.

Yep try the physio through your maternity hospital & go to Pregnancy Yoga after 14 weeks and that will really help keep your back in check for rest of pregnancy if you're a bit prone to a bad back (helped in my case anyway)

Not a moan, but I got my pram yesterday. I found it secondhand in black and it's brilliant. I need to go borrow a baby because I'm dying to have a go of it. Dog training here I come. :D

Mink wrote: »

I got an awful bad back around 10-12 weeks and I definitely think it was pregnancy related. I think uterus was aggravating a nerve as it was still quite low in my pelvis then. Plus the hormones that relax your joints are really kicking in and that can throw you out of whack.

Yep try the physio through your maternity hospital & go to Pregnancy Yoga after 14 weeks and that will really help keep your back in check for rest of pregnancy if you're a bit prone to a bad back (helped in my case anyway)

Ok thanks. Defo gona do the pregnancy yoga.
    I'm off to the doc today to get my back looked at, just in case. Missed the past two days in work cos of it so hopefully it's on the mend!

Have you seen your midwife yet Tigerton? I'm about to start a physiotherapy 'class' in Holles St due to back pain. When I told the midwife I was having problems with my back she put me down for it. It took about few weeks to get the appointment but I'm really happy I asked about it because I can't do many of my regular back exercises with the bump in my way.

The best thing I found to help my back so far is aqua aerobics. After a few classes my walking style went from early onset pregnancy waddle to walking properly at a good fast pace.

iguana wrote: »
    Have you seen your midwife yet Tigerton? I'm about to start a physiotherapy 'class' in Holles St due to back pain. When I told the midwife I was having problems with my back she put me down for it. It took about few weeks to get the appointment but I'm really happy I asked about it because I can't do many of my regular back exercises with the bump in my way.

The best thing I found to help my back so far is aqua aerobics. After a few classes my walking style went from early onset pregnancy waddle to walking properly at a good fast pace.

Hi iguana. No not yet - I'm only 12 weeks. First scan is 22nd of June so will mention it to them then. That sounds like a great class. Hopefully they do something similar in the Rotunda.

Iv never done aqua aerobics but if it's giving such great results I will have to give it a try!! Thanks :)

Have a feeling I am going to be here regularly. I ate some bad chicken. It came out both ways for 24hrs. still haven't eaten anything. Had to go to hospital. I am on another antibiotic :mad:

The only positive thing is that they did a scan of the baby. Not a bother on the baby.

I would like to go a few days without being sick.

Have a feeling I am going to be here regularly. I ate some bad chicken. It came out both ways for 24hrs. still haven't eaten anything. Had to go to hospital. I am on another antibiotic :mad:

The only positive thing is that they did a scan of the baby. Not a bother on the baby.

I would like to go a few days without being sick.

Oh you poor thing. That sounds awful. Hope you feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

It's Friday, almost the weekend and so I should be in good form. But I just feel awful. I'm stressed and tired and wish I was at home curled up in a weeping ball.

When I was pregnant with our first child my husband's nephew and sister (nephew's Mom) made a point of repeatedly stating to me that they hoped we weren't having a boy as nephew wanted to stay the only grandson. We were pretty sure we were having a boy, but I said nothing, and we did have a boy, but he died during labour. It's irrational, but I partly blame them for Bun's death because they upset me so much near the end of the pregnancy and it really stressed me out.

Soon after we found out that I'm pregnant again (now 26 weeks) we heard that unemployed nephew (18?) and his on-again-off-again girlfriend (16 or 17) were expecting twins and yesterday they had tiny twin boys.

We haven't told any of that side of the family (my own have only known for 3 or 4 weeks) that I'm pregnant, and now I don't ever want to and I hate feeling like this.

Squiggler wrote: »
    It's Friday, almost the weekend and so I should be in good form. But I just feel awful. I'm stressed and tired and wish I was at home curled up in a weeping ball. When I was pregnant with our first child my husband's nephew and sister (nephew's Mom) made a point of repeatedly stating to me that they hoped we weren't having a boy as nephew wanted to stay the only grandson. We were pretty sure we were having a boy, but I said nothing, and we did have a boy, but he died during labour. It's irrational, but I partly blame them for Bun's death because they upset me so much near the end of the pregnancy and it really stressed me out. Soon after we found out that I'm pregnant again (now 26 weeks) we heard that unemployed nephew (18?) and his on-again-off-again girlfriend (16 or 17) were expecting twins and yesterday they had tiny twin boys. We haven't told any of that side of the family (my own have only known for 3 or 4 weeks) that I'm pregnant, and now I don't ever want to and I hate feeling like this.

That is a very shocking story, I'm very sorry to hear this. I don't think I would want to tell family members who only think about themselves like that. Hope you are feeling better soon and hope everything works out well this time around!

Not sure if this is a moan, but I start to distrust my GP (I am on combined care), it is now twice she prescribed something not suitable for pregnancy. The first was a cream, which I took for three days before I had an appointment with the obstetrician who told me to stop taking it immediately. Yesterday she prescribed me a pessary (and cream) for a yeast infection, which, according to the manufacturer, the information leaflet and various websites is not to be used during pregnancy at all.

The cream should be safe to use, so since I first applied it there has been no improvement but rather it has started to itch badly - before it was only a slightly off smell, but no itch. I was hardly able to sleep at all because of the itch tonight so now I am extra moody and tired and feel insecure about the care I receive from her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Squiggler what your husbands mum? Sure tell her and no one else. Who gives a toss about his sister and nephew, just mind yourself and bubs. Are you friendly with her now?

Nephew might be a bit more 'grown up' now he's a dad himself.

Advertisement