Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Xiwang get yourself a new GP. I find the stronger cream on it's own very good for a yeast infection. I think it's 2%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 gems1183

Hi, today I feel like crap. I was diagnosed with DVT in my right leg at 13 weeks,I'm just gone 18 weeks now. The first few weeks were horrible with pain.Now I have a very swollen foot,I have to wear a full length compression stocking and I have to give myself daily injections of Innohep into my tummy. I am black and blue from the injections and just fed up of it all.The injections have to continue until 6 weeks after baby is born which is xmas, I'm running out of space on my tummy to inject as the bruises are huge and last over a week. Now I feel slightly better,OH just thinks i should get on with it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Squiggler... I don't know how you do it. Hopefully as Notsobusy said the nephew might be a bit more grown up now.... and hopefully both him and his mother have developed oodles of tact/cop on/ a complete lack of selfishness this time around. If not I'd be very slow to spend anytime with them: at the end of the day you married your husband not his family... hope you feel a bit better soon :)

Xiwang if you don't trust your GP I'd find a new one: you need to be able to trust your doctors: plus anytime you go in now you'll just worry,

Gems bet your OH wouldn't be saying that if it was the other way around :P

Braxton Hicks are about to make me cry: since last night they are getting worse... 3 more weeks woohoo :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Squiggler wrote: »
    It's Friday, almost the weekend and so I should be in good form. But I just feel awful. I'm stressed and tired and wish I was at home curled up in a weeping ball.

When I was pregnant with our first child my husband's nephew and sister (nephew's Mom) made a point of repeatedly stating to me that they hoped we weren't having a boy as nephew wanted to stay the only grandson. We were pretty sure we were having a boy, but I said nothing, and we did have a boy, but he died during labour. It's irrational, but I partly blame them for Bun's death because they upset me so much near the end of the pregnancy and it really stressed me out.

Soon after we found out that I'm pregnant again (now 26 weeks) we heard that unemployed nephew (18?) and his on-again-off-again girlfriend (16 or 17) were expecting twins and yesterday they had tiny twin boys.

We haven't told any of that side of the family (my own have only known for 3 or 4 weeks) that I'm pregnant, and now I don't ever want to and I hate feeling like this.

Squiggler, my condolences on your loss, I dont think you are being irrational at all. Its not your fault that their loud opinions echo around your head along with the traumatic memories of your little boy's death. And I'd tell them that if you end up not telling them and your pregnancy dawn on them once they see you get bigger. Might shut them the f*ck up this time around. The way some people bang on sometimes. Where there is a pregnant/childbearing age woman there is always some git with an opinion on what is going on or should be going on in her uterus.
    xiwang wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a moan, but I start to distrust my GP (I am on combined care), it is now twice she prescribed something not suitable for pregnancy. The first was a cream, which I took for three days before I had an appointment with the obstetrician who told me to stop taking it immediately. Yesterday she prescribed me a pessary (and cream) for a yeast infection, which, according to the manufacturer, the information leaflet and various websites is not to be used during pregnancy at all.

The cream should be safe to use, so since I first applied it there has been no improvement but rather it has started to itch badly - before it was only a slightly off smell, but no itch. I was hardly able to sleep at all because of the itch tonight so now I am extra moody and tired and feel insecure about the care I receive from her.

Get another GP, and tell the old one why.:mad: I got thrush in the first trimester and could only use the external cream, but it eased off once I hit the second trimester.
    cyning wrote: »
    3 more weeks woohoo :D

3 more weeks? I bet you cant wait until the end eh? you've had some time of it this pregnancy missus. you've had every unfortunate side effect going. Hopefully that means a nice straightforward painless birth where the child will just fall out of ya into the arms of the midwife! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Thanks ladies. Still a bit emotional about it all, just seems so unfair and I really feel sorry for those two tiny little kids.

Gems, sounds like you're having a horrible time of it. A friend of mine has to do those injections all the time... you poor thing!

Cyning, you're had such a rough pregnancy, you must be so happy to be near the end.

Hopefully it will be a good weekend all round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Aw squiggler, I'm so sorry for your loss. It always amazes me how selfish some people can be. They shld have been celebrating the extending family.
    Try not to worry about them this time round and concentrate on you and your little baby.

Four weeks to go, and I have had enough of being pregnant. The last couple of days have been so uncomfortable. Right now baby's bum is lodged under my left rib cage...baby seems comfy there, but I'm not!! I Cldnt list all the places that ache...if I start I'm afraid I won't stop!!!
    My GPs nurse told me yesterday she thinks I'll go early...I really hope she's right. Going to start raspberry leaf tea next wk.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Squiggler that's awful. Don't waste any energy on those people. Concentrate all your energy on your little one.

Has anyone been nesting. Im not due till January but have just made a big list of things that need to be done or fixed in the house. My OH was not impressed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I am absolutely about to fall down I am so tired: can someone please tell me what I am going to do when I go into labour?! I haven't slept since Wednesday night: its impossible to sleep when your getting BH every half an hour (sometimes down to every 15 minutes) that take your breath away they hurt. Plus I have period-style really bad cramps. I have a stupid underactive thyroid that makes me exhausted and I have no reserves of energy after the last 37 weeks. I just have nothing. I am tired and emotional and just tired :mad: I just am so so tired...

And a moan. I am a total moan. I can't wait to be "me" again not tired, not sick, not pregnant just me. Being a Mom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Cyning, you poor thing! The only advice I can give you is to try to sleep whenever you can, easier said than done I know. At least you're nearly there... and then it will be baby keeping you awake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Cyning, when you go to hospital tomorrow, maybe they can give you something so you can sleep for a few hours to get your energy back a bit. You'll need it for an induction. I really hope they keep you in and don't make you go home!
    Tigerton wrote: »
    Has anyone been nesting. Im not due till January but have just made a big list of things that need to be done or fixed in the house. My OH was not impressed...

Oh yes I did that list months ago. OH eventually accepted most of it. We split it into stuff I could manage myself & the heavier stuff (or toxic, ie; dealing with varnishes or paints) went to him. We just chipped away at it over many many weekends. Some weekends we were just too busy or knackered to do anything on the list.

I'm 34 weeks and it's still not all done but nearly there - and this is just the list to spring clean/fix things. I have a whole other list of stuff that has to be done before baby arrives like washing their clothes, putting cot together etc!

I find I can do about 2hrs of physical stuff on a Saturday or Sunday and then I'm done for the day, can't stand without my thighs going numb or back seizing up.

I've been finding ways to do most things sitting on my birthing ball - ironing, food prep for cooking etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

One of my dogs is currently in a van out the front having most of his hair shorn and the rest washed and groomed to gleaming. My other dog is sitting confused in his bed awaiting being shorn, washed and groomed. I suspect my low, low tolerance of being surrounded by the dog hair I've been immune to for nearly 6 years is a big part of my nesting. :)

Hairy before dogs.

scaled.php?server=228&filename=beforei.png&res=landing

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Iguana they are fab looking spaniels!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Ladies my back is killing me, has been at me most of my preganancy but the last few days it is almost unbarable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

My back felt better for two days and I thought I might be smooth sailing for my second trimester. now my back is at me bad, im feeling like crap and i have a sinus infection to boot. BOO.

maybe I just need some sleep? sigh.

Rachineire wrote: »
    My back felt better for two days and I thought I might be smooth sailing for my second trimester. now my back is at me bad, im feeling like crap and i have a sinus infection to boot. BOO.

maybe I just need some sleep? sigh.

This is almost indentical to the post I was going to write. Sore back and headcold / cough. Feeling rubbish.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Ladies, I was in a similar position a few
    Months ago. I slipped a disc a few years ago and hadn't had any recent problems until then. Doc told me at the time that I wldnt last the distance in work because of it.

Anyway, after a couple of weeks of almost being in tears in the afternoon because of the pain, I took up yoga. The relief I got after the first session was unreal, it felt so great to stretch my spine out and the relaxation was amazing. It just so happens that my class is on the evening after my busy, stressful working day so I'm not carrying all that tension around with me for the rest of the week. Baby loves it too...especially the breathing exercises when baby has more room!

If u can't make or afford a class there is a few videos on you tube, just with my history I wldnt be comfortable doing it without proper supervision.
    But I can't recommend it enough.

Tigerton wrote: »
    This is almost indentical to the post I was going to write. Sore back and headcold / cough. Feeling rubbish.

Ah boo! And during summer! so not fair...have nearly gone through a box of tissues already this morning! I hope you feel better as well!

kildareash wrote: »
    Months ago. I slipped a disc a few years ago and hadn't had any recent problems until then. Doc told me at the time that I wldnt last the distance in work because of it.

Anyway, after a couple of weeks of almost being in tears in the afternoon because of the pain, I took up yoga. The relief I got after the first session was unreal, it felt so great to stretch my spine out and the relaxation was amazing. It just so happens that my class is on the evening after my busy, stressful working day so I'm not carrying all that tension around with me for the rest of the week. Baby loves it too...especially the breathing exercises when baby has more room!

If u can't make or afford a class there is a few videos on you tube, just with my history I wldnt be comfortable doing it without proper supervision.

Thanks Kildareash! I think that yoga will really help me out a lot as I'm standing in work most of the day and my back is usually killing me after an hour of standing! I just need to stop procrastinating and start calling around to find out about classes haha!

kildareash wrote: »

As a bad back sufferer in all trimesters, agree wholeheartedly with all this.

To the girl who stands a lot in work, you may find the support belt from mothercare really helps. It's 50 euro but brings great relief if you've to walk/stand a lot. But you'd need to do the yoga along with this so you strengthen the muscles that are supposed to support the bump for you :D

Mink, I dont have a bump yet so I think I would feel silly buying myself such an expensive support belt lol! Just going to keep on doing the hot water bottle and trying to sit as often as possible and hopefully start doing some yoga soon! Thanks for all the advice though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Can't believe the last post in this thread was on 19th:D

Hayfever all day:(:(:(:(

Have been in bed since 9.30 tossing and turning without any sign of being able to get to sleep:rolleyes:

Vel wrote: »
    Can't believe the last post in this thread was on 19th:D

Hayfever all day:(:(:(:(

Have been in bed since 9.30 tossing and turning without any sign of being able to get to sleep:rolleyes:

Iv really bad hayfever at the mo too. Iv emailed my GP to see if I can take any sort of antihistamine and will let you know if she says yes.
    Someone on here suggested to me to use a saline nasal spray. Iv been using it morning and night. It helps decongest a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

My doc advised me to not to take any antihistamines on my last pregnancy :(

After moaning on here last night, I popped back up to bed and was asleep within minutes. Yay! Still wrecked though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Poor ladies, the hayfever has had me bad since week 5 (before that I ignorantly enjoyed antihistamins), so I know what you feel like.

My moan today is different, I don't know how any pregnant woman ever managed to get on with her job. I am in the lucky position to be self-employed, in a job I normally love, but now when I get new orders I just feel like turning them down. Today I accepted one and can hardly be arsed to finish it. I find it hard to concentrate and hard to sit at the desk. Can't wait for maternity leave to begin and already dread the moment when it's over, is that normal???

Yes that's totally normal, even if doing a job you really love!!

I'm a painter (well it's not my day job :D) and normally would be itching to paint each week on the weekend but I just haven't had the drive or energy since probably 3/4 months. All my attention has gone onto either resting (from the long work week) or baby-prep.

xiwang wrote: »
    Poor ladies, the hayfever has had me bad since week 5 (before that I ignorantly enjoyed antihistamins), so I know what you feel like.

My moan today is different, I don't know how any pregnant woman ever managed to get on with her job. I am in the lucky position to be self-employed, in a job I normally love, but now when I get new orders I just feel like turning them down. Today I accepted one and can hardly be arsed to finish it. I find it hard to concentrate and hard to sit at the desk. Can't wait for maternity leave to begin and already dread the moment when it's over, is that normal???

I feel exactly the same as you! im not self employed but ive always been the type to love working (in the states I used to work 60+ hour weeks!) and the last couple of weeks I have been getting 40 hours and wishing for 20! (Im normally on around 30 hours) For the first time I feel like just staying at home and taking care of house and taking care of myself! mat. leave isnt until december but I can't wait!

Also started to show this week- i really noticed it yesterday....I wasn't showing in the slightest and then the last couple of days I just...grew! I feel like a blimp! not really happy with it at the moment. Nearly cried looking at myself in the mirror last night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

thanks girls, relieved to hear it is normal. Delivered my project today and got a new one a minute after, now that I know that it is normal to not want to work I feel a lot better about having to though!

Rachineire, hope you get to love your changing body soon, I found it a bit weird at first, mainly because I thought it was too early, but now I can't wait to grow more, altough I have to admit I am a bit scared about it at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

heart burn back with a bang :-(

• Advertisement

I'm really sick of heartburn.

Baby has dropped the past week or two so there is less pressure on my lungs but still with the heartburn!

I definitely feel like have a bowling ball in my crotch, OH says to me "it's hardly the size of a bowling ball" cue daggers shooting from my eyes :cool:

Got to sleep after 1am and woke up at 7am. WHAT IS IT WITH WEEKENDS THAT I CAN'T SLEEP IN??? Weekdays I can't muster the energy to turn off my alarm & it doesn't go off til 8am. Bah!

Please lord, these are my last few weekends without a baby, please let me sleep in!!

Advertisement