Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I wanted to moan about this yesterday but seeing as I was the last person to moan a few weeks ago I thought I was just being too moany!

My sister in law told me at 22 weeks that I was huge, "way bigger than last baby".
    Now I'm 35 weeks. A woman stopped me in a shop, asked me when I was due, told me her daughter was 37 weeks and only half the size of me! Why would you say this?

A colleague in work who I hardly know said OMG my sister in law is due in November and she is tiny compared to you!

Had a GP appointment today and she said I was meeasuring at 32/33 weeks, so f*** you bitchy people. Keep your comments to yourselves, I would never tell someone they were massive, baby or no baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Husband going to bed at stupid o clock in the,morning after farting around all night, now I'm awake and he's passed out! grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

My rant is heat! it's too hot out! i've a massive headache from it. I'm going through a real nesting stage and trying to clean with the heat I'm pumping sweat!!

And i'm with you on the people saying "you're huge"
    i've had about 3 people say this to me! I either felt like punching them or crying!
    Why say that to someone? I've never ever said it to any of my sister when pregnant or any other pregnant woman. It's damn right rude!

Rant over :D

10wks and 4 days to go till my little one is here! can't wait!

Ps can't start farting :D:D full of wind! Haven't even gone into labour and I'm already losing my dignity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I've moved house this week and am physically and mentally exhausted....and have had Braxton hicks all throughout the move and working. Also my manager had the audacity to make not one but two comments about me drinking a cup of coffee while I'm nearly dead on my feet. She "joked" that my baby was going to need a caffeine iv when he was born. Cue enraged pregnant lady.

• Advertisement

Ps can't start farting :D:D full of wind! Haven't even gone into labour and I'm already losing my dignity :D
    Haha I'm the same, one slipped out while I was talking to a furniture salesman yesterday....oh the embarrassment haha!!!

Rachineire wrote: »
    I've moved house this week and am physically and mentally exhausted....and have had Braxton hicks all throughout the move and working. Also my manager had the audacity to make not one but two comments about me drinking a cup of coffee while I'm nearly dead on my feet. She "joked" that my baby was going to need a caffeine iv when he was born. Cue enraged pregnant lady.

I can't imagine how stressful moving house this late on in pregnancy would be! I moved house when I was 16wks pregnant and that felt stressful! I get the Braxton hicks really bad when i over do it! I don't know if it's a warning or what!

The cheek of your manager! grrr. Aren't you allowed about 3 coffee a day? Another good trick my sister did when pregnant was had coffee made really weak so she could have about 5 cups. It's your pregnancy and do what you want! I got in terrible trouble for having a can of coke by my mammy!

Haha I'm the same, one slipped out while I was talking to a furniture salesman yesterday....oh the embarrassment haha!!!

haha you win :D:D:D

I can't imagine how stressful moving house this late on in pregnancy would be! I moved house when I was 16wks pregnant and that felt stressful! I get the Braxton hicks really bad when i over do it! I don't know if it's a warning or what!

The cheek of your manager! grrr. Aren't you allowed about 3 coffee a day? Another good trick my sister did when pregnant was had coffee made really weak so she could have about 5 cups. It's your pregnancy and do what you want! I got in terrible trouble for having a can of coke by my mammy!
    Yeah I had a mini breakdown at the end of a third day of moving and cleaning and had a good bawl for half an hour..my poor OH!
    Yeah I can't tell with my manager sometimes...I thought early on we were having a girl and bought one girly outfit and when we found out we were having a boy she sent a text saying congrats and I sure do look stupid for buying the girl outfit....was it a bad joke or an insult? I just ignored it!!
    I like the weak coffee idea I must do that! And a can of coke?? Drink away I say and boo to the dissenters! Thanks for the understanding...I needed some validation haha!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

My rant is heat! it's too hot out! i've a massive headache from it. I'm going through a real nesting stage and trying to clean with the heat I'm pumping sweat!!

And i'm with you on the people saying "you're huge"
    i've had about 3 people say this to me! I either felt like punching them or crying!
    Why say that to someone? I've never ever said it to any of my sister when pregnant or any other pregnant woman. It's damn right rude!

Rant over :D

10wks and 4 days to go till my little one is here! can't wait!

I was told 3 times last friday night (was out with himself for dinner and a few drinks, he was drinking I wasn't) that I looked at least 6 months, and again by other durning this week as well, i've gone back into hiding in my house again unless absolutely necessary.
    I should point out i'm only 16weeks +5 so i'm still well off the six months,.

So yup def feel like ranting about the idiots who keep telling me i'm massoooiveeee. There are days in which we (most of us) enjoy the showing etc but there we've all i'm sure had days where we just feel FAT and those always seem to be the days idiots come along and say stupid things like "you're sooo big" and "omg you're massive"...
    Those are the day i refer to as the get away from me before you find your heart dug out with a rusty spoon days:o

• Advertisement

Yeah I had a mini breakdown at the end of a third day of moving and cleaning and had a good bawl for half an hour..my poor OH!
    Yeah I can't tell with my manager sometimes...I thought early on we were having a girl and bought one girly outfit and when we found out we were having a boy she sent a text saying congrats and I sure do look stupid for buying the girl outfit....was it a bad joke or an insult? I just ignored it!!
    I like the weak coffee idea I must do that! And a can of coke?? Drink away I say and boo to the dissenters! Thanks for the understanding...I needed some validation haha!
    :p

She sounds like she is being a bitch!! Maybe she is just so green with jealously! Just ignore it! Some people love raining on someones happiness!
    No prob, enjoy the coffee :) don't tell your boss you are making it weaker and let her believe you are drinking extra haha :D:D just to shock her :)

Thumby wrote: »
    I was told 3 times last friday night (was out with himself for dinner and a few drinks, he was drinking I wasn't) that I looked at least 6 months, and again by other durning this week as well, i've gone back into hiding in my house again unless absolutely necessary.
    I should point out i'm only 16weeks +5 so i'm still well off the six months,.

So yup def feel like ranting about the idiots who keep telling me i'm massoooiveeee. There are days in which we (most of us) enjoy the showing etc but there we've all i'm sure had days where we just feel FAT and those always seem to be the days idiots come along and say stupid things like "you're sooo big" and "omg you're massive"...
    Those are the day i refer to as the get away from me before you find your heart dug out with a rusty spoon days:o

Love the rusty spoon idea :D haha oh hormones! I get it a lot! My sister actually said to me "how do you walk you are so huge" I felt like replying
    " How do you?" but I stopped myself! You think people would be extra nice to us considering the hormones but some people like taking risks haha

Oooo silly (dare I say almost suicidal?) boss!!!!!

Love the rusty spoon idea :D haha oh hormones! I get it a lot! My sister actually said to me "how do you walk you are so huge" I felt like replying
    " How do you?" but I stopped myself! You think people would be extra nice to us considering the hormones but some people like taking risks haha

HAHAHAHAHA, ah jaysus sleepy ya nearly had me peeing myself there...

I'm already doing the waddle walk again, but fortunately i'm rarely out without my two and a half year old so the buggy kinda disguises it a fair bit. :p
    Oh it's going to be fun by the time we've all popped. I wonder how many murder charges we'll have between us by then?
    Or should it be manslaughter? :D

This is one of the reasons i'm thankful for the fact I dont' live with my OH.

It's too hot! I'm melting in this heat. Wearing compression socks doesn't help either! I feel all sweaty and huge! I'm sweating in places I never sweated before :D

Nearly 30wks and counting. Wish I could fast forward to baby being hear.

That's my rant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Sore back, sore back, sore back! Grr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Is the lack of dignity is never ending in late pregnancy?! My poor squished little bladder was feeling full so I set out on the waddle to the bathroom ... got to the doorway of the bathroom and suddenly without warning had a massive big sneeze :mad: IN the doorway, like 2ft from the toilet! Yeah, not so full bladder then and my favourite maternity PJs back into the washing machine again. Thankfully himself is super kind to me when stuff like that happens, he always manages to make me feel able to laugh over it.

Note to self though; it might be a pain hauling bump to the bathroom frequently but its better than leaving it too long and enduring a timpiste from something simple like a sneeze!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

KGLady wrote: »
    Is the lack of dignity is never ending in late pregnancy?! My poor squished little bladder was feeling full so I set out on the waddle to the bathroom ... got to the doorway of the bathroom and suddenly without warning had a massive big sneeze :mad: IN the doorway, like 2ft from the toilet! Yeah, not so full bladder then and my favourite maternity PJs back into the washing machine again. Thankfully himself is super kind to me when stuff like that happens, he always manages to make me feel able to laugh over it.

Note to self though; it might be a pain hauling bump to the bathroom frequently but its better than leaving it too long and enduring a timpiste from something simple like a sneeze!

oh you poor thing! i'm a bit leaky these days too, but nothing that bad has happened to me . . . .yet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm only 15 weeks but Im starting to get this awful pain my lower back when I walk or get up from sitting. Thought it was way too early for anything like that :(

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm only 15 weeks but Im starting to get this awful pain my lower back when I walk or get up from sitting. Thought it was way too early for anything like that :(
    Oh poor you!! I got bad back pain at 8 weeks...it can happen early on cause you get the biggest surge of relaxin between 6 and 10 weeks and pretty much throughout the first trimester....if your pelvis separates weird it can really affect your back and how you carry your weight early on. I was able to get into the physio which was a big help and I bought a ball which I do daily exercise on which really helps stretch out my back. Other than that it's been lots of hot water bottles and paracetamol. It gets better when the baby moves up as well!! Best of luck with it!!

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh poor you!! I got bad back pain at 8 weeks...it can happen early on cause you get the biggest surge of relaxin between 6 and 10 weeks and pretty much throughout the first trimester....if your pelvis separates weird it can really affect your back and how you carry your weight early on. I was able to get into the physio which was a big help and I bought a ball which I do daily exercise on which really helps stretch out my back. Other than that it's been lots of hot water bottles and paracetamol. It gets better when the baby moves up as well!! Best of luck with it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Late pregnancy carpal tunnel, turns out that's a thing. Do the crappy surprise symptoms ever stop coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

iguana wrote: »
    Late pregnancy carpal tunnel, turns out that's a thing. Do the crappy surprise symptoms ever stop coming?

no they dont, i got this and still have a touch of it 4 weeks later

iguana wrote: »

oh no! poor you! I've had it on and off throughout the pregnancy actually....its no fun at all! fingers crossed it goes away!

I think im getting a cold. and everytime I blow my nose it bleeds...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Being pregnant is sh*t! Don't get me wrong I'm delighted that he/she is on its way but seriously! 27 weeks pregnant and had to stop 3 times otw into work to get sick :( also have horrible head cold!

Have told himself that this will be an only child and he just laughs at me...as far as he's concerned 2 is the minimum.

On an antibiotic for a kidney infection! I was having bad contractions last week, turns out I had an infection which was causing it!

Feel so fat! My face, my legs :(

I hope the next few weeks go fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

26 weeks tomorrow and still getting some morning sickness - some mornings when I brush my teeth I puke, and some evenings getting the bus home I get very very travel sick and almost have to get off the bus to be sick.

I'm soooooooo itchy. I'm scratching that much there's blood in the bed some mornings! It's driving me demented.
    @yellow hen, they have some very good reusable heat packs in the chemist for back pain.
    @betsie, how ya settling into being a mammy? Hows your little girl doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Thumby wrote: »
    @betsie, how ya settling into being a mammy? Hows your little girl doing?

hey thumby, settled in to being a mammy like a duck to water, flying it now so we are, its like she was always here, she is flying it too, beraking hearts already :) cant believe she will be 5 weeks on friday, how are you getting on other then the itching

Advertisement