Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Jaysus that was a quick 5 weeks betsie. I'm delighted everything is going so well for ye all.
    Ah the itching has my head done in but i'm coping with it (for now anyway). Hospital are being great keeping a close eye on me and monitoring my bile salt levels as well so i'm happy out with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh tell me about it quickest 5weeks ever :-)

At least the hospital are keeping an eye on you, its amazing what we cope with for these wonderful bundles of joy isn't it :-)

Yup that it is, but its also worth every min of it as well :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thumby wrote: »
    I'm soooooooo itchy. I'm scratching that much there's blood in the bed some mornings! It's driving me demented.
    @yellow hen, they have some very good reusable heat packs in the chemist for back pain.
    @betsie, how ya settling into being a mammy? Hows your little girl doing?

Thanks Thumby. Will pick up one at the weekend. Pains gone this week and just replaced by (alot of) wind! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

Hips keep clicking! hurts everywhere when walking. He is head down and really feeling the pressure. Restless legs too! Can't wait for my hospital apt next week and I can ask loads of question! Gonna try and find out what he weights or what they think he weighs! Bump is huge and everyone keeps telling me grrrr :mad:

I'm waddling like duck! Less than 8wks to go and counting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

10 days to go here, and booked in to be induced on the 9th, feel like the baby is just going to fall out so much pressure at the mo.

Anything that falls on the ground just has to stay there until after the 9th, bending over has become an near impossible feat.. im moany at the minute..:o

Aaarrrggghhhhh! I've falling victim to the disappearing vag and i've still got another 20 weeks left to go! The worst of it is the top half of my legs have done the same too. According to my oh i look like a patchwork from the knees up everytime i attempt to shave my legs. :-(

Patchwork quilt*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

@ Thumby

Get a can of spray on hair remover and make your OH do the back and tops of your legs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I just can not get comfortable any more. It just doesn't matter what I do, it's like I'm in a constant stress position. I guess baby is feeling the same as he constantly seems to be trying to stretch and make more room for himself. He is always sticking his bum out under my right ribs, as far as he can go. And when he does that I feel like he's going to bust through me and my bump looks like a weird lopsided giant egg. It actually makes my teeth tingle. Not sure how I can go another 4-5 weeks of this while he gets bigger and bigger! He already feels like a giant.

• Advertisement

@kglady.if only it was that easy. Lol

@iguana, i used to poke them back into place. Doesn't seem to work this time. But i have found a bath nice and warm but not to hot seems to relax the bump and babs usually settles into a more comfortable position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Ahh I havnt had a night of sleep in nearly a week!! I am sick, exhausted and everytime I blow my nose it bleeds and bleeds. I can't seem to get comfy and I have another day of work ahead of me in a few hours. Seriously the third trimester could be used as a torture method I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Rachineire wrote: »
    Ahh I havnt had a night of sleep in nearly a week!! I am sick, exhausted and everytime I blow my nose it bleeds and bleeds. I can't seem to get comfy and I have another day of work ahead of me in a few hours. Seriously the third trimester could be used as a torture method I swear!

You should mention the nose bleeds to your GP/at your hospital apt. They will check your BP for you Rachineire.

Thanks princesa your very good! I said it to my gp yesterday, I went to the docs in the morning and he gave me some antibiotics and told me I could take paracetamol and Sudafed. I coulda kissed the man haha! He said the nose bleeds were just a combination of the cold and pregnancy. I finally got about 2 hours sleep before work, I just might make it through the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

@iguana, i used to poke them back into place. Doesn't seem to work this time. But i have found a bath nice and warm but not to hot seems to relax the bump and babs usually settles into a more comfortable position.

Sadly I live in a house with no bath.:( It's the number one worst thing about this move. I'd be living in it if I had one.

New moan. I'm getting really bad night sweats and had to change my pjs twice last night as I was soaked. The hip pain was bad enough at night but having to wake up, dry off and get changed makes me want to cry. Also by morning I absolutely stink.:o

Could really use a bath.

iguana wrote: »

Sadly I live in a house with no bath.:( It's the number one worst thing about this move. I'd be living in it if I had one.

New moan. I'm getting really bad night sweats and had to change my pjs twice last night as I was soaked. The hip pain was bad enough at night but having to wake up, dry off and get changed makes me want to cry. Also by morning I absolutely stink.:o

Could really use a bath.
    I know how you feel iguana, I'm getting night sweats as well! I'm taking two showers a day now and end up in just my undies most nights as I'm dying from the heat after a few hours! I'm thinking I'm going to have to start sleeping in another room from my OH since he is freezing at night!

Sore back, sore pelvic region... and a yocky stretch mark streching all over my belly botton thats stuck out like a sore thumb. :(

Thanks i needed to have a little complain...

@iguana. I'm in the same boat as you, moved a few months ago and there's no bath in the house :-(
    Today's moan: i am absolutely starving! But have to fast for blood tests in hospital this morning. Which i won't get to for at least 3.5/4 hours :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Little moan:

I wish people would stop telling me how huge I am, or asking if I'm due any day now, or asking am I sure it's not twins.

Have always been a bit overweight and I almost feel like people are having great craic telling me I'm enormous.

And as my dad pointed out, it's all women; men seem to have the cop on to keep quiet for fear of angering a pregnant woman. And it's people I don't know that we'll - my friends and family would be polite enough to keep it to themselves.

It's getting to me - I wish people would mind their own business.

Rant over!!!

• Advertisement

Tigerton wrote: »
    Little moan:

I wish people would stop telling me how huge I am, or asking if I'm due any day now, or asking am I sure it's not twins.

Have always been a bit overweight and I almost feel like people are having great craic telling me I'm enormous.

And as my dad pointed out, it's all women; men seem to have the cop on to keep quiet for fear of angering a pregnant woman. And it's people I don't know that we'll - my friends and family would be polite enough to keep it to themselves.

Rant over!!!
    Oh I feel you on this one! I've always been a bit overweight as well and I feel massive now. I've got one friend whose girlfriend greets all pregnant women as fatty...I.e. hey fatty how's it going! I felt like ripping her face off the last time she said it, not to mention she's a twig! I can't wait until she has a child...I'll make sure to call her fatty as often as possible!

I think the only thing that should be said if anyone comments on your appearance (why they feel the need who knows!) Is that you look great!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tigerton wrote: »
    Little moan:

Rant over!!!

I love people telling me how huge bump is :-)

My rant is waking up thirsty then waking up having to pee loads more times :(

Things never to say to a pregnant woman:

1. You're Huge!!
    2. Is it Twins?
    3. Are you sure its not twins?
    4. Was it planned?
    5. Enjoy ______ now, because when the baby comes its all over!
    6. Should you be eating/drinking that?
    7. Are you disappointed its not a boy/girl?
    8. I never had any morning sickness.
    9. Oh you're tiny, is the baby ok?
    10. Moooo
    11. I was back in my skinny jeans after delivery
    12. My friends/cousin/sister bump looked just like yours and she had a 12lbs baby.

Whats wrong with Congratulations??

Feel free to add more stupid comments from people to the list ladies... :D
    We might get a laugh of the comments.

I've had everything bar no.9 said to me ffs.
    Although my worst one was "are you keeping it" and then "but why" that was from my mother!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

I've had everything bar no.9 said to me ffs.
    Although my worst one was "are you keeping it" and then "but why" that was from my mother!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!! NO!!!
    Just remembered one from last time... 'nice excuse for a long holiday, maternity leave, enjoy' from work colleague!! Half joking... half not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

That girl calling pregnant women fatty deserves nothing but at least twins and the biggest stretch marks ever in my opinion :p

I get a regular LOOK AT THE SIZE OF YOU from my sister-in-law, but it is almost cute the way she says it. She's half my size in every dimension without me being pregnant though.

OH needs a bit more training, he insists I have a fat belly and he says it with so much pride, but I would prefer if he said huge or big, really. It's getting better the bigger I am getting, he seems to remember the approved terminology by now :)

Hope you and your bumps are all well today!

Sleep now cause you'll never have a lie-in again!

Also had someone tell my husband right in front of me to enjoy my downstairs now cause it will be a train wreck afterwards....GAH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Hello
    I just published a book on amazon called "He is Having a Baby" it is about four Dublin men who accidently are having unplanned pregnancies. As you can imagine they do not cope very well with motherhood or indeed going through labour. May be of interest. Without giving too much away it should be made mandatory. Check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

xiwang wrote: »
    That girl calling pregnant women fatty deserves nothing but at least twins and the biggest stretch marks ever in my opinion :p !
    Seconded!!!!

I got lots of people asking was the baby planned cos its my first and cos me and my partner aren't married. Worse were the ones who said with a smile "was it a surprise"? as if that's more polite than asking if my baby was an accident! Even if it wasn't planned its a very nosey and personal thing to ask!!!

Sigh.

I got a laugh out of that list Princessa!

• Advertisement

Rachineire wrote: »
    had someone tell my husband right in front of me to enjoy my downstairs now cause it will be a train wreck afterwards....GAH!!!!

Oh my god... seriously what is wrong with people?

Converstaion i had in town today:
    Anyday now is it?

No... 10 weeks to go!!

Oh...right. Is it twins..

NO! Just the one baby.

Oh right well its prob just a bigger baby than your last one... or the second twin is hiding.

Whats wrong with men! Ha women can be as bad though i suppose.

My 11 year old niece told me today that my boobs look massive, bigger than her mammys (DD's). That i dont mind being told as im a B cup usually. :D

Advertisement