Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

@ Target Widow - that's fantastic that you got your maternity cover sorted, at least you can relax a bit now

@ Adrienne x - best of luck in hospital on Wednesday that's mad all the hassle you had to go through to get your appointment. I had that getting my first appointment my GP had to send 3 letters & I'd to make several phone calls before I got my first appointment :rolleyes:

@ Hacked - did the MC buggy saga end or did you get one delivered yet?

I'm feeling like a complete elephant at the moment I did the 5 minute walk to my car from the shops and my thighs felts like they each weighed 10 stone, I'm really looking forward to shedding some serious weight in the next few weeks!!
    Hubbie is calling me 'Mrs Massive' or his new one is 'Ducksie' because of how my posterior sticks out now when I walk. Wouldn't want to have thin skin in my house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

cap -- sending on time labour vibes your way! And yes, much much more to add to the story...but it will suffice to say it eventuallywas found and delivered and i got a free bouncer out of mothercare to boot. (I rather insisted, but i did get something in the end! score. Saving myself a fortune!)

I'm tired and grumpy andwant to cry today. I've got all the big stuff i need for babs, and there is no room to wlak in my apartment. Literally. It's impossible...the place is far too small and there is only more stuff to come in.I've had to do a lot of heavy lifting lately, including this afternoonwhen i had to move the cot to another room and to get it through where i needed it to go i had to lift it up practically over my head. Maybe not the wisest move, but i didnt have a choice.
    I need somewhere new to live!!

Baby dropped early, been getting loads of contractions, morning sickness and now practically the runs. Can't wait till it's all over!!

@ Hacked thats fantastic that you finally got sorted! I'd say you'll never darken their door again after having so much hassle with them!

Try not let all the baby stuff in the apartment get to you, I was the same getting really cranky that the place is a tip at the moment (piles of laundry waiting for me to sort them and hoovering that wont do itself :rolleyes: ) but its stuff that's just not worth stressing over, just think its only a few days really til your little one arrives then all the stress will have been worth it :D

My baby-gaga ticker is telling me I've 27 days left, scarey!!

Its mad, I always thought that ye only got contractions a few days/hours before you were due, I never realised that you can get them a month or two beforehand! I'm still getting them a fair bit but baby is up and down like a yo yo so I don't think she's planning on escaping any time too soon :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Due in 2 days, feeling good. No moans but not expecting anything to happen.

Kinda have mixed feelings, I want him to arrive and also think it would be OK for him to stay put so the everything changes part doesn't happen yet.

As a result time isn't dragging too much thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Ducksie! Cap=- thats hilarious!!! Isn't he an awful man! You should sit on him! Delighted Hacked got sorted with the Mothercare saga. Took Molly into their new Superstore in Tralee yesterday and ended up getting her her first professional haircut in KoolCuts. What a fantastic idea! Two little cars they can sit into and a big plasma telly with Peppa Pig playing on a loop in front of them to keep them occupied while she cuts the hair. And it was a good cut too, not just a chancer! 9.99 seemed a little high to the hubby but you are paying for all of the paraphenalia I suppose.

Its been two weeks now since my trip to Babyworld in Limerick where I bought the Cotbed and still no delivery. I know they were iffy about delivering to Kerry because the roads were so dangerous that week and I said it was ok to wait a week till things cleared up but what is it about these places that they like to take the piddle so much with us. I'm going on the war path tomorrow. Watch this space.:D

Adrienne - good luck tomorrow. Fingers eyes and legs crossed for you.
    Kitty - good luck you too. You've had a tough time but you have done so well. You will have your lovely babs in a few more days.

• Advertisement

I forgot to phone the baby shop! Two days in a row! What am I like?:rolleyes:
    My memory is very dodgy lately. Back on the Mumomegas again for me I think before this little one sucks all the brains outta me! Tomorrow I WILL phone the baby shop.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Kinda have mixed feelings, I want him to arrive and also think it would be OK for him to stay put so the everything changes part doesn't happen yet.

I know the feeling, I can't wait to meet junior and all the fun that goes with that, though am making the most of life as is until 'the big change' in a few weeks :)

Any sign of movement yet Das Kitty?

Targetwidow I'm glad I'm not alone with the 'baby brain', my poor boss, there's 3 of us pregnant where I work he has to deal with all sorts of forgetfulness!
    Fingers crossed you'll get the cot bed asap :)

I have a feeling I'll end up being induced. I'll let ye know if there's any change but I don't have much to add these days! My fecking knitting needles are empty now. Gotta get on to Ravelry in the morning!

My moan for today is const-bloody-pation, I am so sick of taking lactulose!
    The sooner my bowel realises it is not just there for decorative purposes and starts working again the better :mad:

Sorry probably tmi even for here :o

@ Das Kitty fair play to you for keeping up the knitting, I took up crocheting at 5 months and had great intentions of making all sorts of blankets/booties etc
    I have a bag of misshapen wooly things that are supposed to circles and squares, nothing remotely close to what a child could wear :D

@cap -- NO you are not the only one with baby brain!! Mine is awful. And yes, so delighted with the fact mothercare saga is over. Will not be returning, far too much effort to go through just to GIVE them my money!

Idon't have the internet at the moment, so only getting online infrequently. Met with the social worker yesterday about flat situation. No room to walk...literally...major damp and cold problems and my cots in my kitchen lol. She put a request through to CWO to see if i can get early rent allowance, and i have a viewing for a place tomorrow, so we'll see howit all goes!

Das kitty-- wishing you the best!! Hope you aren't waiting too long!! xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Das Kitty, baby is coming soon *labour vibes*

I have no moan... well one moan, I WANTED AN ELECTIVE C SECTION!

Bastards want me to try natural birth though... I'm not as apprehensive as before though, so maybe I will be able to do it. Baby is head down and ready to go. Got to see him/her on scan today. Fun times. Back in hospital next week again. Had worlds longest nap ever today nearly 5 hours... dunno why himself didn't wake me, him and Addison must have been having too much fun playing down here lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 miss determined

hi all, please can anyone help me? no nasty comments please, i know iv made massive mistake and nobody can make me feel worse than i already am.. here goes..........( nervously sighs)

my day my last period was 19th dec09, i had unprotected intercourse with my partner from the 28th dec up until new years eve 2009, however i had one night stand with differnt guy on new years day night @4.00 am, we used withdraw method but i stil felt unsure and took morning after pill on 3rd jan 2010, exactly 32 hours after, i now am preg and need know when i concieved, i know iv been stupid, but really need help , i took the clearblue digital test fri 22nd jan and it says [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]im[/COLOR][/COLOR] 3 plus weeks which wud mean the 1 night stand cannot be the father but im so unsure as these tests arnt always accurate, im so ashamed of myself and iv to live with this for rest my life so please no nasty comments although i do deserve it but im crying so much here i cant write anymore

hi all, please can anyone help me? no nasty comments please, i know iv made massive mistake and nobody can make me feel worse than i already am.. here goes..........( nervously sighs)

my day my last period was 19th dec09, i had unprotected intercourse with my partner from the 28th dec up until new years eve 2009, however i had one night stand with differnt guy on new years day night @4.00 am, we used withdraw method but i stil felt unsure and took morning after pill on 3rd jan 2010, exactly 32 hours after, i now am preg and need know when i concieved, i know iv been stupid, but really need help , i took the clearblue digital test fri 22nd jan and it says [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]im[/COLOR][/COLOR] 3 plus weeks which wud mean the 1 night stand cannot be the father but im so unsure as these tests arnt always accurate, im so ashamed of myself and iv to live with this for rest my life so please no nasty comments although i do deserve it but im crying so much here i cant write anymore

Tough situation.

Well the only thing I can tell you is that the conception indicators are really inaccurate, with both guys being only 1-3 days apart you'll only be able to tell for sure with a paternity test I'm afraid. You'd have to come clean about it.

My advice would be to get in contact with Positive Options to try to get your head around it.

Think this would probably be better in it's own thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 miss determined

am only new to this so didnt know how to post new thread but i have it up now on its own thread, sorry for disturbing your thread as i didnt know how to last night,anyways thanks 4 advice, good luck to ye all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Moan of the day for me is......... scan dates!

Had a scan done last night and the changed my date by 3 weeks!! And I know that, that is just not possible as I was away for 2 weeks then.

So they have changed the date on my file which now means that I could go over by 5 weeks before they'll do anything! I don't understand how that would work??? I'm a little confused. Should I tell them that the date is just not possible and make them change it back?

Happened to anyone else?

Love2love wrote: »
    Moan of the day for me is......... scan dates!

Had a scan done last night and the changed my date by 3 weeks!! And I know that, that is just not possible as I was away for 2 weeks then.

So they have changed the date on my file which now means that I could go over by 5 weeks before they'll do anything! I don't understand how that would work??? I'm a little confused. Should I tell them that the date is just not possible and make them change it back?

Happened to anyone else?

Yep!! That's been the recurring headache of my pregnancy. You are not alone.

Wayhey everyone!

No moan from me today. Doing fine. Energy levels are back up again as the Pregnacare starts to kick in. Did 3 hours of good satisfying nesting type scrubbing today after getting up. Tidyied up the back garden with Molly while himself got the dinner on this afternoon. And then while it cooked we all tackled the front garden which was mental but very satisfying. Hubby even undid some of the gardening damage he did last year. (He planted unknown plants in with my evening scented jasmine in my hanging basket by the door - nearly a divorce issue! - they turned out to be really ugly and killed my jasmine, so he bought me a new potted jasmine plant and today got rid of the "triffids" as I've been calling them, and restored a lovely climbing jasmine in its hanging basket by the door.) Next Sunday we are all going to the garden centre to buy some new plants even though we have tonnes of fruit bushes from last year and the strawberries threaten to take over on a regular basis but Molly really loves them.

The cotbed arrived yesterday and took 3 hours for the two of us to assemble. No out and out arguing but there was plenty of "stop shaking your head at me I know what I am doing" and " Im not shaking my head at you, Im shaking my head at the people who made this so complicated"..... which is about as bad as we get really. I had been stressing about how to gradually introduce Molly to her new room and cot but I decided at the last minute to see what she wanted herself and asked her if she wanted to come look at it. So all dressed for bed I opened the door and put the light on and asked her to go look at what was in there..... Much ooooohing later she saw a peppa pig blanket and cushion on the cot and the deal was done. I asked her if she would like to get into the bed and she did and gave a good few test bounces and then lay down and said "I go sleep now". End of story. Daddy read her bedtime story and two kisses and lights out and not a peep! No bother this morning and again tonight. I'm stunned and delighted. I love that she manages change so well. That is a great gift to have in life.

So happy bunnies all around tonight:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Glad that you had a good day...me not so happy, Shane and I both maneged to get a really sniffly cold...still very anemic and am learning to accept that I am very car sick at the moment, am guaranteed to faint and puke. Also am constanly struggling to keep my weight up which is a worry...our son will be worth it though.

That's brill TargetWidow that she took to her new bed so easy :)

Fair play to you for doing all that gardening today too, I thought I was doing great today weeding the flower bed outside the kitchen- I spent all of half an hour doing it and was knackered!

I had this great notion that when I finish up for maternity leave this Friday that I'd start doing the garden then but I don't think there'll be much done!:rolleyes:

The cotbed arrived yesterday and took 3 hours for the two of us to assemble. No out and out arguing but there was plenty of "stop shaking your head at me I know what I am doing" and " Im not shaking my head at you, Im shaking my head at the people who made this so complicated"..... which is about as bad as we get really. I had been stressing about how to gradually introduce Molly to her new room and cot but I decided at the last minute to see what she wanted herself and asked her if she wanted to come look at it. So all dressed for bed I opened the door and put the light on and asked her to go look at what was in there..... Much ooooohing later she saw a peppa pig blanket and cushion on the cot and the deal was done. I asked her if she would like to get into the bed and she did and gave a good few test bounces and then lay down and said "I go sleep now". End of story. Daddy read her bedtime story and two kisses and lights out and not a peep! No bother this morning and again tonight. I'm stunned and delighted. I love that she manages change so well. That is a great gift to have in life.

So happy bunnies all around tonight:D

Congrats mammy! Now only a few more months until you have another baby in your room with ya ;) Enjoy the peace while you can!! :p

Loadsa Braxton Hicks today... that and my baby learned that she can't play fire guards, cut finger today :( Few cuddles from mammy and daddy and it was sorted though. She's been walking all day too... mad thing.

• Advertisement

Adrienne are your Braxton hicks sore? I don't know if its those I'm getting or just baby stretching down there making it sore :o

My moan for today is having to wait 2 hours to see doctor every time I go to hospital.
    Why give me a 9:30/10am appointment when they never see me til midday? :confused::confused::confused:

caprilicious they're not so much sore as uncomfortable... mostly in my back but notice that my stomach goes rock hard when i'm getting them too...

I was actually really surprised last week when I went to the Coombe, was settling myself in for a two hour wait and was seen in under an hour. Fantastic!

That's what mine are like too, kind of like a cross between period pains and a kidney infection and my tummy real hard.
    Good practice for the real thing I suppose :)

That's class that you got seen to so fast in the Coombe.
    There was me naively thinking that because I'm so close to my due date that I might get seen to a bit sooner but no such luck.
    Ah well hopefully not many more appointments to go :D

I don't know if anyone of you are in Holles Street, but I've cracked the code to there! Only took me 8 months to do so :P

I got seen in like an hour yesterday. Show up at least 30 mins early. They start allowing you to check in 30 mins before the doctors arrive. Try and be one of the first in the que, they weigh you in and hand you the pee cup. Go pee straight away and hand it in. Once you hand the urine sample in, your put in the waiting list to see the doctor. The sooner you get all of it done, the sooner you are seen!

Ugh...so I do have a moan today.

Getting back on the topic of dysfunctional families....

I just hate my sister. She's doing her Leaving Cert this year and she has been the most self centred person ever. Everytime I'm at my parent's she tells me I have my own place, no one wants me at my parent's house...just go home. I'm heavily pregnant and live by myself. Makes me hope she get's cancer again and then say the same to her....ok i don't want that, but it would be nice to make her see how it feels.

Granted, i was here a lot over christmas, but thatwasnt my fault. Between being in hospital and then all the ice, I wasn't supposed to be on my own.

She was really nasty to me this afternoon, and made me feel like complete ****e. I did do something to irritate her, but she didnt have to butt in the whole time. She started taking all this random crap out on me. I don't give a **** if she has her leaving...im due in 4 1/2 weeks!!

I was hurt cause she never asks how I am, or about the baby (yet has all the time int he world to waist on her friends and boyfriend) and all she could say to that was yeah well i see you and your fine. Like you would know?!?!

She pretty much told me im going to be a ****ty mother. She also didn't bother with my 21st. She was forced to come along to the dinner in the evening, but she made me cry the whole evening before, and then acted like a self centred cow and made it all about her. She did the same at my babt shower on saturday.

Oh well, im not going to bother my arse with her birthday this month. And I'm seriously considering banning her from beiung around when the baby is born. Is that bitchy? I'm just sick of her stress of everything being about her.

Omg Hacked you poor thing, that was a pretty sh1tty thing your sis said to you.
    Maybe she's feeling a bit left out if your parents are giving you attention about the baby?

I probably wouldn't ban her from seeing baby if it was me but maybe try spending as little time with her as possible til baby arrives to reduce stress on yourself you could do without it now!

I wouldn't take it personally either her disinterest in your pregnancy at the moment, its just a sign of her age/immaturity.
    I think for you or I we're living with being pregnant for 9 months so its a daily thing for us whereas for a teen its old news 5 mins later :rolleyes:

Just you wait til you have a gorgeous little baby, I'm sure she'll be interested in you then :)

I feel your pain hacked. I changed my phone number two years ago because of stuff like this from my younger sister and warned all my family they were not to give it to her. This year one of them did, despite my telling her to her face that I had changed my number because of her inability to be civil on the phone (or in person) and that I didn't want her having my number. She kept pestering everyone till she got it and then sent me one windy text to let me know she had "won". She never used it again because she had made her point. Recently she said it was starting to feel like there was a "cyber ban" on her because I only relate to her in family group gatherings or online. (I like witnesses and papertrails when it comes to her, I find it keeps her on her best behaviour!). It's taken her two years to figure that out. Like your sister hacked, she takes no interest in my daughter or my current pregnancy but had the cheek to email me a snotty email the week we started telling people that she was hurt I hadn't made contact with her especially just to tell her. I felt like saying we were only telling CLOSE friends and family for another couple of weeks. She wants a closer relationship but with me doing all the work.The kind of close relationship we had before, where she can emotionally kick the daylights outta me and my beloved and I say nothing because she is fragile/single/just broke up/going through a bad phase/didn't really mean it.... delete as appropriate. Truth is she has impulse control issues around me and I am no longer interested in being anyone's punchbag. So I removed myself from her environment. She doesn't really like having to go to the bother of having to find a new whipping-boy.

And the inlaws are driving me nuts today. I invited my brother in law around for lunch today (as an olive branch as they have hated me for years for no good reason) and my hubby was ambushed when he got there to collect them and told they couldn't leave till 2 (when I had gone back to work). I went to alot of effort and it brought up lots of old stuff from years ago when they used to treat me badly and my hubby didn't used to stick up for me. He did today but they still didn't budge till 2. The brother in law is severely obsessive compulsive and in total denial about it so its difficult to deal with him. I also invited them to Christmas dinner this year and they just completely ignored the invitation. When they ignored it a second time the week before Christmas I just assumed they didn't have the people skills to say look, thanks but we'd rather do our own thing here at home. Hubby tried to fore-warn them today that our daughters birthday is coming up in two months and we'd like to have them over for a little party. They said they were organising the cake (THE BLOODY CHEEK!:mad:) to which thank goodness he put an instant stop to that; and said they were expected to come and join in the celebrations and make a bit of an effort with me for Mollys sake.
    So all in all today sucked. I am awake since 4.30am when I went for a pee and just couldn't get back to sleep with backache. I am going for a shower now and then into bed. The sooner today is over, the better. On the plus side I can't wait to meet this little one in my belly. I just love being a mammy. The little lady just knew somehow that I wasn't myself tonight when I got home from work. She patted my hand and said
    " 'salright Mammy" and later when I hugged her she asked me what was wrong and again said " 'salright Mammy". She is a ray of glorious midsummer sunshine in my life. Night all.

We all seem to have wonderfully dysfunctional families!! I'm sorry to hear about your sister Thaedyal. Hope your having a better day today!!

I put a holding deposit down on the apartment the other day, just need to see the CWO to get the rent allowance cleared. Place is being held till 1st of March and I am due around then anyway, so I am sure I won't have any trouble with it. Was planning on going to see CWO this morning, but am so thoroughly exhausted!! Tuesday it is!

In other moan news. I got a call from a UK number yesterday that greatly upset me. All I couldthink was that its my ex trying to get in touch. I wasn't prepared to talk to him just yet. However, the recent news I've been getting on him is that he is doing all sorts of drugs including heroine...he's not got a hope in hell of getting near us. And here I was willing to call him and try and compromise. If only he'd grow up...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maybe she is jealous because she is used to getting all the attention and as a result maybe she feels left out?
    Maybe if you include her more and make her feel like you need her and rely on her then she will feel more important in the grand scheme of things and treat you better?

hacked wrote: »
    Ugh...so I do have a moan today.

Getting back on the topic of dysfunctional families....

I just hate my sister. She's doing her Leaving Cert this year and she has been the most self centred person ever. Everytime I'm at my parent's she tells me I have my own place, no one wants me at my parent's house...just go home. I'm heavily pregnant and live by myself. Makes me hope she get's cancer again and then say the same to her....ok i don't want that, but it would be nice to make her see how it feels.

Granted, i was here a lot over christmas, but thatwasnt my fault. Between being in hospital and then all the ice, I wasn't supposed to be on my own.

She was really nasty to me this afternoon, and made me feel like complete ****e. I did do something to irritate her, but she didnt have to butt in the whole time. She started taking all this random crap out on me. I don't give a **** if she has her leaving...im due in 4 1/2 weeks!!

I was hurt cause she never asks how I am, or about the baby (yet has all the time int he world to waist on her friends and boyfriend) and all she could say to that was yeah well i see you and your fine. Like you would know?!?!

She pretty much told me im going to be a ****ty mother. She also didn't bother with my 21st. She was forced to come along to the dinner in the evening, but she made me cry the whole evening before, and then acted like a self centred cow and made it all about her. She did the same at my babt shower on saturday.

Oh well, im not going to bother my arse with her birthday this month. And I'm seriously considering banning her from beiung around when the baby is born. Is that bitchy? I'm just sick of her stress of everything being about her.

• Advertisement

hacked wrote: »
    recent news I've been getting on him is that he is doing all sorts of drugs including heroine...

Sounds like you had a very luck escape there getting away from him :eek:

That's great that you're getting sorted with a new apartment soon, is the new apartment much bigger than where you are now?
    Hopefully you'll have more space in the new apt. and wont be tripping over baby stuff :)

Targetwidow, your lil one sounds like a dote, I love that " 'salright Mammy" so dotey! :D

Advertisement