Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

((((hugs rach)))). Wish i could do something to make ya feel better. You'll be grand though hun. I know its hard right now but odds are things started to move in the right direction this morning. Tell mr.rach i said he's to run you a nice bath, grab yourselves a nice take out and then get him to give you a massage. Hopefully it will relax you enough to 1help destress you a lil bit and 2you might get some sleep tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time Rach. I know it doesn't feel like it but you're in the home stretch now. Just keep looking after yourself. Hopefully the next few weeks will fly in for you and before you know it you'll have your baba :D

In saying that though, I'm awful stiff today. Everything seems so much harder- I keep knocking stuff over and it's impossible to bend to get them.

Lol tig. I was in argos getting the xmas tree earlier, totally forgot about the bump and walked straight into the checkout!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Thumby I do that too - I try to squeeze by someone and forget that there is NO way I'm gona get by with the bump so big!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I park in parking spaces with out enough room then wonder why I will not fit out of the car!!

Aww Rach, not long to go:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I was going to say the same about the parking spaces...I keep on forgetting I can't squeeze out of the car anymore and find I'm having to repark because I can't get out the car door! :eek:

Thanks for the sympathy girls...had another miserable day. I'm doing it to myself really. I'm too emotional. Had a fight this morning with my OH, my car failed the NCT retest because a part on the new part was faulty so I have to go back in the morning...thankfully I dont have to repay because I broke down crying in the center (oh the mortification! I am normally NOT a cryer!) and my OH is working until 10 pm and i'm here alone at the house just sad and lonely and too emotional for my own good. I told my OH i was upset at his family because they should really be checking on me especially when im this far along and he is working so late- then he calls his mother and THEN she tries calling me, of course i'm too upset and wont talk to her and i feel like I'm just a mess! blah! I got myself some roses and will sit here and watch bad tv and eat all the purple ones :o

Oh girls it rediculous! My x nearly had a heart attack in argos when i done that lol.
    As for parking if i can't get a parent and child space i'll park over the dividing line of two standard spaces and feck anyone who tries to say anything. Thats when i voluntarily let the hormones loose :-D lol

Thumby wrote: »
    Oh girls it rediculous! My x nearly had a heart attack in argos when i done that lol.
    As for parking if i can't get a parent and child space i'll park over the dividing line of two standard spaces and feck anyone who tries to say anything. Thats when i voluntarily let the hormones loose :-D lol

right too! its nearly impossible with these parking spaces these days! and parking near the back of the lot isn't an option these days...the less I have to waddle the better haha!

Aww rach i'm sorry you're finding it so hard now. But if it helps i agree with you about the OH's family. Now is when you need them. I know its not much but we're here for you aswell.

Too feckin right it's not an option rach. I'd only be makin it in door and they'd be closing if i parked at the back lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Constantly peckish then eating too much as there's not too much room in my stomach and vomiting it all up, sorry tmi! It's disgusting! Second night in a row I've had to ring to the loo to be sick.

Feeling a bit down cause all my friends and the OH are out for the 12 pubs of Christmas, could've gone with them but not feeling up to it.

Super super active baby last couple of days, had to urgently pull into a garage today cause she moved so much onto my bladder I was afraid I'd wet myself :(

End moan

Aww rach i'm sorry you're finding it so hard now. But if it helps i agree with you about the OH's family. Now is when you need them. I know its not much but we're here for you aswell.

thanks, I really appreciate it! I find it very hard to be so emotional as I'm used to being able to very easily squirrel those away...i also hate being so far away from my family right now, espeically feeling so worn down and at this time of year! I feel embaressed getting so upset and even though i want my OH's family to step up I dont want them to know im upset or have to ask for help...silly i know! I think im just too pregnant for my own good! :p

I'm glad im able to vent on here though!

and yes I know what you mean, my walking speed is turtley at best LOL...so tempted sometimes to use those handicap spaces...haha I feel disabled these days! Would never do it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Oh god rachineire, that's awful about the nct, I hate when days get to you like that, you prob wouldn't have cared about them not contacting you if that hadn't of happens with the car.

I lost it on the phone one day to my dad cause no one in the family had rang me to wish me luck at my prenatal appt or to see how it went. They all then rang one by one pretending dad hadn't rung them lol normally wouldn't even care only was really hormonal that day

Piper101 wrote: »
    Constantly peckish then eating too much as there's not too much room in my stomach and vomiting it all up, sorry tmi! It's disgusting! Second night in a row I've had to ring to the loo to be sick.

Feeling a bit down cause all my friends and the OH are out for the 12 pubs of Christmas, could've gone with them but not feeling up to it.

Super super active baby last couple of days, had to urgently pull into a garage today cause she moved so much onto my bladder I was afraid I'd wet myself :(

End moan

ah no, throwing up this far along must be awful! I havnt had it happen to me yet, but i know how much it hurts to even sneeze much less be sick! Hope you start feeling better soon! lol I nearly wet myself trying to roll out of bed last night....baby kicked as i was trying to sit up! Those incontinence pads have started to look pretty attractive....would fit nicely in the granny knickers :rolleyes:

Piper101 wrote: »
    Oh god rachineire, that's awful about the nct, I hate when days get to you like that, you prob wouldn't have cared about them not contacting you if that hadn't of happens with the car.

I lost it on the phone one day to my dad cause no one in the family had rang me to wish me luck at my prenatal appt or to see how it went. They all then rang one by one pretending dad hadn't rung them lol normally wouldn't even care only was really hormonal that day

haha that sounds like my family...just calling to make sure your ok! Was just thinking about you! (after i've emailed my mom all upset LOL)

yeah it probably would have rolled off my back a lot easier, but this weekend just kinda broke me emotionally. All i want to do is rest but i keep having stupid stuff crop up that if I had a little help wouldnt be an issue in the first place. oh well...hopefully baby will be here soon and I can concentrate on him and not my little annoyances!

Ah jaysus piper hope you're feelin better soon. Damn squished stomach!
    Lmao @ you and your incontenance pads and granny panties rach.
    Do ya know i think there must be something in the air girls cause it seems we've been taking it in turns this week to have one of "those" days.

you know, i think the holidays play a big part...this time of the year as wonderful as it is, can be so stressful as well! and being pregnant on top of it with all the hormones and discomfort? talk about emotion city!!

Who ya telling rach? I was in a right state on thursday myself and alot of it has to do with this time year. Tbh if it wasn't for the kids it would just be another day of the year to me i lost alot of loved ones around xmas (including 2 beans) over the years and its just such a stessful time now every year. It can very easily get on top of us without us even realising.

aww im sorry, its a tough enough time of year without loss :( but thats the great thing about kids, they can make the holidays so wonderful! i can't wait to have christmases with this baby!

also, something awesome about christmas in ireland versus america? selection tins. And christmas dinner is way better here...mmm...its like thanksgiving, but with sticky toffee pudding, booze and crackers!

Really, no selection tins??? And do ya'll eat for xmas dinner???? I'm so very confused now (and glad i don't live in the states) lol.

• Advertisement

What do ya'll eat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My moan is that I'm knackered, I can't remember when I wasn't tired. What am I going to be like when the baby arrives :(. Would have given anything to stay in bed this morning. I'm so grumpy as well, nobody better cross me today!

I'm 13 weeks today so this mythical second trimester burst of energy would be very welcome and soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Murdy is was around 13 wks everything turned around for me i went from a walking zombie who wanted to throw up the whole time(but couldnt) to not even knowing i was preg.. so fingers crossed ull b the same hope your day picks up for u :)

Murdy one word for ya "mythical" lol. My ms eased off almost completely by 14 weeks but i was still beyond exhausted.

Really, no selection tins??? And do ya'll eat for xmas dinner???? I'm so very confused now (and glad i don't live in the states) lol.
    No selection tins!! We get jumbo tins of flavored popcorn though, I miss those! But selection tins, they are the business...and chocolate is nicer here anyways I think! Christmas dinner is similar style food but not as elaborate or to the grand scale cause we would have just had thanksgiving a month before! At my house my mom would just make a small ham or roast chicken, nothing major! I like Christmas better in Ireland actually, much less stress! I just try hard to incorporate all the stuff I miss from home.with it...no joy yet but I'm getting there!

Small ham or roast chicken??? Oh i'd crack up. I'm not knocking your mam and i get the whole thanksgiving thing being only a month before hand, but a small ham/roast of some sort is an every week thing here. Its what we call a proper sunday dinner lol.
    You'll get there though with incorporating both xmas. What would you normally do back home that you don't do here?
    Oh and on a side note i wanna go ice skating! :-(

missymad wrote: »
    Murdy is was around 13 wks everything turned around for me i went from a walking zombie who wanted to throw up the whole time(but couldnt) to not even knowing i was preg.. so fingers crossed ull b the same hope your day picks up for u :)

I would love that - would love to feel normal again!
    Murdy one word for ya "mythical" lol. My ms eased off almost completely by 14 weeks but i was still beyond exhausted.

However, I think I'm going to be more like Thumby! I'm struggling working full time at the moment. I have a long commute as well and it's taking its toll on me. I may finish up work early, depending on how I'm coping. Last night my parents were over and my Dad was asking about my hours and commuting and was then saying I might not be able for it for long- it was really nice to hear because he's really sensible with money and I expected him to tell me to suck it up for the money but it made me feel less princessy to hear that he also thought it might be a bit much for me. We'll see how I am after Christmas anyway.

We're having our Christmas dinner next Sunday because we're away for Xmas. We're having beef and I'm really hoping I'll be well enough to eat it all. I'm excited! Also, selection tins, yummy :)

Lol murdy, the only reason i'm so tired i think is because of all the complications, because of them i'm on as much bed/couch rest as possible, which believe it or not is extremely exhausting. Then when i do do something around the house i'm twice as tired.
    How long have you been workin? You may be able to get your gp to sign you off sick and get the social to pay your sick pay. I done that on my 8 yr old as like you the commute was killing me. I was living near portlaoise and workin in dublin city centre and the motorway at that time only went as far as newbridge/kildare, including travel time i was putting in a 13 hour work day and had a four year old at home as well.

Lol murdy, the only reason i'm so tired i think is because of all the complications, because of them i'm on as much bed/couch rest as possible, which believe it or not is extremely exhausting. Then when i do do something around the house i'm twice as tired.
    How long have you been workin? You may be able to get your gp to sign you off sick and get the social to pay your sick pay. I done that on my 8 yr old as like you the commute was killing me. I was living near portlaoise and workin in dublin city centre and the motorway at that time only went as far as newbridge/kildare, including travel time i was putting in a 13 hour work day and had a four year old at home as well.

I'm on a contract so would probably just need to leave work, to be honest. They're not great about me feeling so sick either so don't think they would be willing to accomodate me doing shorter days. I'll ask though before I hand my notice in! Maybe I will start to feel normal after Xmas, you never know. We're just going to take it as it comes at this stage but knowing that I can just decide to leave when I feel I can't do it anymore makes me feel better in itself!

• Advertisement

But if you have stamps paid from 2 yrs ago the social will pay your sick leave. Talk to cic first before ya do anything else.

Advertisement