Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thumby wrote: »
    But if you have stamps paid from 2 yrs ago the social will pay your sick leave. Talk to cic first before ya do anything else.

No stamps paid - I've been living abroad for the last four years :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Murdy one word for ya "mythical" lol. My ms eased off almost completely by 14 weeks but i was still beyond exhausted.

I'm 15 weeks and still shattered! Saying that I am carrying two!! I have a long commute also so have ended up taking a few days a/l to shorten my weeks.

But we're not pregnant often and there's a baby in there so I say give yourself permission to mind yourself. If you need time off or to finish work early Murdy, do it. We're carrying precious cargo ;)

I've asked for extra time off at Christmas so I get a proper break but they're dragging their feet about it - making it a litle difficult for me. They're concerned about cover which is understandable but they're taking their time getting bac to me about it. I must follow up today - I can get through the next two weeks fine if i know there's some time off at the end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Small ham or roast chicken??? Oh i'd crack up. I'm not knocking your mam and i get the whole thanksgiving thing being only a month before hand, but a small ham/roast of some sort is an every week thing here. Its what we call a proper sunday dinner lol.
    You'll get there though with incorporating both xmas. What would you normally do back home that you don't do here?
    Oh and on a side note i wanna go ice skating! :-(

haha its just not a big deal in the states...christmas day is a pajama day! you sit around and eat crap food and watch movies and play with your pressies! I'm not sure if i will ever feel like cooking a huge dinner myself...I suppose I will eventually but for the moment I will reap the benefit of eating my MIL's cooking!
    hmm i suppose the big thing that i really miss out on is christmas eve at my grandma's house. Obviously that can't be done here, but in my family christmas eve was a bigger deal than christmas day! Certain programs dont come on tv here that come on in the states...I can just download those so no biggie. I would love to start a christmas eve tradition of my own but that is subjective to whether or not I'm going to be back in retail or not! Also proper fudge at christmas. not the kind you have here...chocolate fudge...with walnuts. that screams christmas to me. I could probably make it here but some of the ingredients would probably have to be ordered online!
    oh yeah...tacky light tours! the way people decorate thier homes...the city im from people rent limo's or small busses and take the tacky light tour and get pissed in the back of the bus...its great craic! and the amount of lights on the houses...you could land a freaking plane by them!

anyways- murdy...I think you will start feeling better soon....I know it must feel like its not going to happen, but it will! yes your still tired in the second trimester, but overall you do feel better than in the first and third! I remember thinking i was knackered in the second trimester...now i look back on it fondly...I could walk without waddling those days...and bend over. I should have dropped more things for the pleasure of picking them up! :P:P not to scare you...I didnt think i was knackered all the time! there were entire weeks that I felt completely normal (i.e. not pregnant at all!)!

Rachineire wrote: »
    haha its just not a big deal in the states...christmas day is a pajama day! you sit around and eat crap food and watch movies and play with your pressies! I'm not sure if i will ever feel like cooking a huge dinner myself...I suppose I will eventually but for the moment I will reap the benefit of eating my MIL's cooking!
    hmm i suppose the big thing that i really miss out on is christmas eve at my grandma's house. Obviously that can't be done here, but in my family christmas eve was a bigger deal than christmas day! Certain programs dont come on tv here that come on in the states...I can just download those so no biggie. I would love to start a christmas eve tradition of my own but that is subjective to whether or not I'm going to be back in retail or not! Also proper fudge at christmas. not the kind you have here...chocolate fudge...with walnuts. that screams christmas to me. I could probably make it here but some of the ingredients would probably have to be ordered online!
    oh yeah...tacky light tours! the way people decorate thier homes...the city im from people rent limo's or small busses and take the tacky light tour and get pissed in the back of the bus...its great craic! and the amount of lights on the houses...you could land a freaking plane by them!

anyways- murdy...I think you will start feeling better soon....I know it must feel like its not going to happen, but it will! yes your still tired in the second trimester, but overall you do feel better than in the first and third! I remember thinking i was knackered in the second trimester...now i look back on it fondly...I could walk without waddling those days...and bend over. I should have dropped more things for the pleasure of picking them up! :P:P not to scare you...I didnt think i was knackered all the time! there were entire weeks that I felt completely normal (i.e. not pregnant at all!)!

Thanks Rach - I feel like I'm being a big whinger all the time. You must all be fed up of me at this stage! I just realised the other day how not myself I am at the moment. What if I'm never the same again?!! Feeling more positive anyway this afternoon - I'm getting excited as well now :)

also, I'm enjoying the Christmas talk - looking forward to Sunday now for our Christmas dinner and pressie opening and hanging out with my family :)

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Thanks Rach - I feel like I'm being a big whinger all the time. You must all be fed up of me at this stage! I just realised the other day how not myself I am at the moment. What if I'm never the same again?!! Feeling more positive anyway this afternoon - I'm getting excited as well now :)

also, I'm enjoying the Christmas talk - looking forward to Sunday now for our Christmas dinner and pressie opening and hanging out with my family :)

oh trust me, your not a huge whinger, sure we all went through it, I was a big old cry baby and I wasn't nearly as sick as you! Sure look at me, due date is still 5 days away and im ranting and raving over here...I've no patience! :p you won't feel like yourself for a while...its part of the process and there will be new normals! try and enjoy the highs and lows though...not easy but it will all be worth it in the end!

yes now that i feel like i wont be in hospital for christmas im starting to look forward to it! (the roses are helping as well...seriously i am all about the tins of roses this year!)

oh trust me, your not a huge whinger, sure we all went through it, I was a big old cry baby and I wasn't nearly as sick as you! Sure look at me, due date is still 5 days away and im ranting and raving over here...I've no patience! :p you won't feel like yourself for a while...its part of the process and there will be new normals! try and enjoy the highs and lows though...not easy but it will all be worth it in the end!

yes now that i feel like i wont be in hospital for christmas im starting to look forward to it! (the roses are helping as well...seriously i am all about the tins of roses this year!)

We have a celebrations tin in our house :) I haven't been able to eat many but I still love having them there. My brother was over last night and ate loads of the Malteaser ones on me - I was not happy!

I am telling myself it will be worth it in the end and it does help! I know I'll be just like you at the end as well, really impatient :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    We have a celebrations tin in our house :) I haven't been able to eat many but I still love having them there. My brother was over last night and ate loads of the Malteaser ones on me - I was not happy!

I am telling myself it will be worth it in the end and it does help! I know I'll be just like you at the end as well, really impatient :)

taking chocolate from a pregnant lady...thats dangerous business that is!

taking chocolate from a pregnant lady...thats dangerous business that is!

I know - my mum was telling him to be careful but he kept shovelling them in his gob! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I woke up at 1am this morning and had a terrible pain in my stomach. Then the vomiting started. Seems I picked up the vomiting bug :(

It stopped around 7am and while it wasn't too bad I really hate hate hate vomiting. I suppose it's hardly a thing anyone likes! I just feel wiped now. I spent the day in bed and think I'll take tomorrow off too. You don't get any prizes for going back to work early. Not in my company at least!

It's just extra horrible when you're pregnant because you can't take motilium or anything to help. Anyhow it seems to have gone now!

Hope everyone else is ok.

@rach you mentioned the Braxton hicks. I had them constantly for about 3 days before my waters broke. The midwife said it could've been early labour. Hopefully it's a good sign for you.

@murdy moan away! Those early weeks are a killer and really grind you down but you're almost at the end of it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

how early is it possibleto feel braxton hicks?

I had them on my first (born in Feb this yr) from about 32 weeks - im only 19&1/2 weeks now and have been cramping for a couple hrs this evening :( They dont feel like i should be worried - just mild period pains - but pissin me off!!! have felt a few kicks today so think all is well but is it possible for BH to start this early??

My back is in bits cos i sprained some muscles in my midback pulling christmas stands around work last week - easing now but couldnt even pick up my little one all weekend - thankfully my OH was off work for the weekend to help!!

Moan moan moan....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

DL I'm not sure but I know you can feel them much earlier and much stronger on subsequent pregnancies. When I did the Physio ante natal classes last time there was a woman pyobably around mid 20 weeks and she said they were very strong and sore. I remember the Physio saying its not unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Oh Murdy, really hope you feel better soon, I was really sick as well in my 1st trimester but luckily my constant nausea eased up around 13/14 weeks...that said was still getting sick into random receptacles in my car if I let my tummy empty up to 17 weeks lol Hopefully you feel better soon, apparently you only get bad morning sickness with a girl :) but I dont know how true that is.

Rachineire hang in there! You'll be holding babs in the next week I just feel it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Can't sleep for second night in a row....slept for one hour then woke, then three hours and then woke. Iv given up trying now...ugh

Piper101 wrote: »
    Oh Murdy, really hope you feel better soon, I was really sick as well in my 1st trimester but luckily my constant nausea eased up around 13/14 weeks...that said was still getting sick into random receptacles in my car if I let my tummy empty up to 17 weeks lol Hopefully you feel better soon, apparently you only get bad morning sickness with a girl :) but I dont know how true that is.

Rachineire hang in there! You'll be holding babs in the next week I just feel it :D

Thanks for the reassurance! I have also heard that the sicker you are it's more likely that it's a girl - I actually read a BBC article yesterday that said for women with severe morning sickness 55% have girls :)

I think the letting my tummy get empty is part of my problem. I need to be better about that. I think my brain is confused as to how you can be nauseous and hungry at the same time and so I don't eat, thus making it worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Ah its so nice to hear that I am not on my own.
    I am only 8 weeks but I am so tired and soooooo grumpy. My poor poor BF. The family pack Tiramisu last night helped a bit until BF came and wanted some as well. And I could kill everybody in the office today, oh yes and I am cold.
    Oh and to make things worst my cold is coming back and I cant take anything. And its only 8 weeks. OMG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Siipina wrote: »
    Ah its so nice to hear that I am not on my own.
    I am only 8 weeks but I am so tired and soooooo grumpy. My poor poor BF. The family pack Tiramisu last night helped a bit until BF came and wanted some as well. And I could kill everybody in the office today, oh yes and I am cold.
    Oh and to make things worst my cold is coming back and I cant take anything. And its only 8 weeks. OMG

Oh Siipina, I know exactly how you feel! I'm only 9 weeks and I know exactly what you're going through. Apparently week 8-10 are the ones were you will be tired the most, so don't feel hard on yourself if you're completely exhausted. Last week I wanted to kill everyone in the office too. I just wanted to shout I'M PREGNANT and get them to back off, but i can't because it's so early! I just so sorry for myself because i had normal work duties but all i wanted to do was go home and sleep. it's a bit better this week, although i'm still exhausted. I take a lot of things out on my bf too, and i do feel really guilty, but i know and he knows it's only temporary! Just think of the wonderful creation your body is making right now. Women are spectacular beings. Have you read any info from whattoexpect.com? they give a week by week account of what your body is doing. I can't remember what week it is, but i think around the end of the first trimester, the baby's organs move from the umbilical cord to the tummy.. Can you imagine those tiny tiny little intestines? I'm actually amazed that my body can produce this! Do you get any morning sickness? I was one of the lucky ones, and only got bad nausea. Keep on going, though, you're doing an amazing job and will get the benefit for the rest of your life :)

I'm in week 13 now and am a million times more tired than I was in weeks 8 - 10. Hopefully you won't be and you're getting the worst of it now! Weeks 8 - 10 were my pukiest weeks though.

I found not being able to tell people at work really hard too, I just felt so tired and sick and everyone was acting like I was my normal self because they didn't know. Luckily I can tell everyone now and hopefully the last 2 months will make more sense to them if they think about it! Anyawy, you'll be able to tell them soon and hopefully they'll pamper you a bit! :)

This is a moan completely off the topic of pregnancy. I used to be really touchy about people getting back to me. I have this best friend who goes off the radar every now and again. She knows it bothers me when she doesn't get in touch and I wish she'd send me a text to let me know if she was busy, but she just doesn't text at all. I've gotten over it a good bit but every now and again the annoyance comes back and i just wanna text her and be like HELLOOO??? i know that a) she has her own life, b) it's xmas and she's probably shopping, c) she works nights so is more than likely asleep, but it bothers me. it bothers me more that it bothers me if you know what i mean. i know i sound like childish woman but everyone has their pet hates n i just don't like it when people don't get back to me. i feel bad now for being annoyed by it.

loubian wrote: »
    This is a moan completely off the topic of pregnancy. I used to be really touchy about people getting back to me. I have this best friend who goes off the radar every now and again. She knows it bothers me when she doesn't get in touch and I wish she'd send me a text to let me know if she was busy, but she just doesn't text at all. I've gotten over it a good bit but every now and again the annoyance comes back and i just wanna text her and be like HELLOOO??? i know that a) she has her own life, b) it's xmas and she's probably shopping, c) she works nights so is more than likely asleep, but it bothers me. it bothers me more that it bothers me if you know what i mean. i know i sound like childish woman but everyone has their pet hates n i just don't like it when people don't get back to me. i feel bad now for being annoyed by it.

your pregnant...you have every right for the next several months to be completely upset and express it in whatever way you wish and have no repercussions....use it to your advantage! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

My son seen this on book of faces and couldn't help but compare it to me. Thought ye'd all get a giggle out of it.

My son seen this on book of faces and couldn't help but compare it to me. Thought ye'd all get a giggle out of it.

yeah thats the first thing thats made me laugh today...I love it! and now I have to pee...gee thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

This is me. Every night. V funny though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

If it's any consolation it made me go pee too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

loubian wrote: »
    Oh Siipina, I know exactly how you feel! I'm only 9 weeks and I know exactly what you're going through. Apparently week 8-10 are the ones were you will be tired the most, so don't feel hard on yourself if you're completely exhausted. Last week I wanted to kill everyone in the office too. I just wanted to shout I'M PREGNANT and get them to back off, but i can't because it's so early! I just so sorry for myself because i had normal work duties but all i wanted to do was go home and sleep. it's a bit better this week, although i'm still exhausted. I take a lot of things out on my bf too, and i do feel really guilty, but i know and he knows it's only temporary! Just think of the wonderful creation your body is making right now. Women are spectacular beings. Have you read any info from whattoexpect.com? they give a week by week account of what your body is doing. I can't remember what week it is, but i think around the end of the first trimester, the baby's organs move from the umbilical cord to the tummy.. Can you imagine those tiny tiny little intestines? I'm actually amazed that my body can produce this! Do you get any morning sickness? I was one of the lucky ones, and only got bad nausea. Keep on going, though, you're doing an amazing job and will get the benefit for the rest of your life :)

Oh thank you sooo much, you post really helped a lot :-) Had tears in my eyes. Yes i would love to tell everyone in the office but its too early and all what I would love to do is to run around and tell everybody I am pregnant.
    And I would not have probs with the christmas party on Friday, went clothes shopping yesterday, how will I explain that tummy? I dont know what it is, cant be the baby so must be air or what ever, ( I cant put on so much weight in two week only in that area) but I look really pregnant and nobody in work knows.
    And then, IF you tell somebody all what you hear is: Oh its the critical first Trimester, a lot are loosing the child now. YES, great, thanks for telling me.
    Some peaople are just so.......... mhhhh

Siipina wrote: »
    Oh thank you sooo much, you post really helped a lot :-) Had tears in my eyes. Yes i would love to tell everyone in the office but its too early and all what I would love to do is to run around and tell everybody I am pregnant.
    And I would not have probs with the christmas party on Friday, went clothes shopping yesterday, how will I explain that tummy? I dont know what it is, cant be the baby so must be air or what ever, ( I cant put on so much weight in two week only in that area) but I look really pregnant and nobody in work knows.
    And then, IF you tell somebody all what you hear is: Oh its the critical first Trimester, a lot are loosing the child now. YES, great, thanks for telling me.
    Some peaople are just so.......... mhhhh

No worries :) glad i could help! Ha! I have my christmas party tomorrow too! I've got a tummy already so no one will notice any difference with me yet, but i can feel myself getting heavier! I hope I won't put on too much weight! You should really look at the What to Expect website. It tells you in detail how the baby is progressing but also what you're experiencing in your body, and how to deal with the symptoms!

Was on christmas party last night, had one west coast cooler mixed with 7up n was on fizzy drinks for rest of night.. i think i feel the worst in work today, headache, nausea, EXHAUSTED, everyone else is grand!:( i need my bed more than anything now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

Hello ladies,
    I'm a 1st time poster here. But I have a feeling it'll be the 1st of many :p
    I'm an emotional wreck since yesterday, exhausted and have now got my FOURTH coldsore in the space of a week and a half.
    Clearly the intake of all the extra vitamins are going straight to the babby with little left over for me....probably not the worst thing to complain about but with all the parties and what not just feeling a wee bit sorry for myself.

didn't know where to put this and since its ranty i figured here was as good a place as any...

yesterday morning when i was waiting to talk to the consultant in the maternity saw a woman walking in sucking on a fag right up to the door...heavily pregnant. I overhead the midwives saying to her while i was talking to the consultant that she would be having her baby today (she must have been in labour) and she said "oh thank god....before you check me in do you mind if i pop out to the car?" goes outside and lights up another fag.

Seriously i could have slapped her. :mad::mad:
    I was a smoker before i got pregnant and after i found out I was expecting I quit! I know its tough, but its possible...I just feel bad for the baby, all that we know it does to the fetus nowadays and to be chain smoking like that! I shouldn't judge this woman, but i was judging away! and still am!

• Advertisement

didn't know where to put this and since its ranty i figured here was as good a place as any...

yesterday morning when i was waiting to talk to the consultant in the maternity saw a woman walking in sucking on a fag right up to the door...heavily pregnant. I overhead the midwives saying to her while i was talking to the consultant that she would be having her baby today (she must have been in labour) and she said "oh thank god....before you check me in do you mind if i pop out to the car?" goes outside and lights up another fag.

Seriously i could have slapped her. :mad::mad:
    I was a smoker before i got pregnant and after i found out I was expecting I quit! I know its tough, but its possible...I just feel bad for the baby, all that we know it does to the fetus nowadays and to be chain smoking like that! I shouldn't judge this woman, but i was judging away! and still am!

My booking in appointment in Holles Street there was a heavily pregnant woman smoking right outside the front door - I got a bit of a shock actually because I thought people just wouldn't do that anymore. It's horrible to see :(

Also, and I'm probably a bitch for being annoyed about this but I was in Holles Street on Saturday being seen to for bad morning sickness, there were about 5/6 other women in the waiting room and they were all heavily pregnant, except for me and one other girl who looked way sicker than I do! 3 of the fathers were smokers and kept going outside to smoke every 15 minutes or so and then coming back in wafting the smell of smoke behind them. It was horrible because I felt so ill and it was really really strong. I could see the other sick girl's stomach turning as well - we both went very green! I couldn't imagine if my hubby smoked and smelled like that all the time, tbh I think he just wouldn't do it to me. It just felt wrong for a waiting room in a maternity hospital to smell so strongly of smoke.

Advertisement