Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Careful out there

• 24-12-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Careful out there tonight lads. With all that rainfall and the sudden drop in tempreture tonight the roads around dublin are so icey you could skate on them.. litreally.

The rainfall has turned into sharp ice. Had a hairy moment in a car park where my car was headed straight for a wall without stopping - miracle struck and with enough fought it stopped.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Thanks, I have to drive from wicklow to donegal tomorrow afternoon. Fun fun fun:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Have to drive to work at 9 in the morning, plan on giving myself a lot of time to get there cos the roads are going to be bad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Bryn wrote: »
    Have to drive to work at 9 in the morning, plan on giving myself a lot of time to get there cos the roads are going to be bad :(

Same here before the trip to donegal. It shoudn't be too bad traffic wise though which is a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Bryn wrote: »

Most of the roads around Dublin are fine. I spent most of the day today on em before heading home to Wexford.

Its the backroads you need to watch out on. They rarely get treated and seem to freeze very easily for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i suspect i'll be out in just over an hour...

guess i wont be using the accelerator tonight :eek:

was walking outside a bit earlier to see what it was like and i was sliding all over the place and cars were sliding everywhere !!!

good of you to warn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

drove to work at half seven this morning - roads were fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭andy1249

Roads in Celbridge were lethal this morning around 8. Driving over to intel and there were sheets of ice on the road.

N4 is particularly bad between lucan and maynooth , quite a few accidents.
    I was literally skating around the footpath this morning scraping the ice of the car. Its not even safe to walk on the footpaths this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Alicano

I still can't believe the amount of people not slowing down in the slightist.For f**ks sake take it easy and make sure your still around to post on boards in 2010.
    All the best.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Thanks, I have to drive from wicklow to donegal tomorrow afternoon. Fun fun fun:(

Having managed a very time-consuming drive from Donegal to Dublin I can assure you that whatever the road conditions around Dublin, they are nothing compared to those once you hit the border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Roads in south Dublin seem fine this morning. Due to the rain and clouds last nite there seems to be very little frost left, a cosy 6 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Roads in the estates in Dublin seem to be bad this morning because there's not as much traffic on them - I was pulling in to park my car earlier and it skidded, even though I was crawling along and broke gently enough.

The other roads are OK but obviously people should take it handy.

As for the paths, they seem to be the worst - had to take my mam to A&E last night after she slipped walking down the road. Thankfully she's OK but gave herself a bad bang on the head and a fair fright too.

So if you're walking or driving, take it handy - wherever you're going will still be there no matter how long it takes you to get there, just make sure you are too!

Advertisement