Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Um, slight eyelash problem..

• 24-12-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Okay, feel a bit silly asking for tips on this as I shoulda sorted this last week but time flies.. got eyelashes stuck on on Saturday 12th, just a few individual lashes on each eye by the beauticians down the road; had them done before there and no problems, lasted a week which was great. They have fallen off on the right eye at this stage but there still seems to be two strands firmly attached to my left eyelid..I have been wearing eye makeup ever since I got them done so cleanse every night but they are stuck fast. I have pulled at them as much as I can bear but you'd swear it's superglue that was used...plus it looks ridiculous now...

AND to make matters worse I woke up with a cyst/sty in the corner of the same eye yesterday which is pretty itchy today and looks horrendous so If I was to go back to the beauticians I would be really embarrassed about it...

Is there any magic tip to getting super stuck eyelashes off?? Should I go back to them...I'd post a pic of my eye if you don't believe how odd the lashes look and how gross the sty is....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd go back to them to take it off. I'm sure they have special remover for it. I'd avoid touching it yourself if it's after getting infected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The stuck on lashes are at the opposite side of the eye to the cyst..

BTW not looking for med advice mods, just sticking that in there in case!! Just wondering is it normal for lashes to stay stuck and for people to go back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They should fall off but some can be more stubborn.
    Go back to the lady who did it. They use a special chemical to dissolve the 'glue'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm assuming you've already gone down the warm water ans soap route - also assuming you used a plain unperfumed soap so as not to agravagte your sty. Mrs.Goat swears by a dab of olive oil for stubborn lashes. Massage the oil in for a few moments and let that act as a solvent on the glue.
    Worst case scenario, get someone to trim them to length so that they don't look mental.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nucky

When you buy the proffesional pack of individual eyelashes you get the glue and then the glue disolver to take them off with (With the eyelure pack anyway) so i think the best thing to do would be go back to her and get her to take them off with this or if she's not open today I think you might be able to buy it in big chemists and deffinetly in salon services....good luck!

• Advertisement

In the eye lash strip packs I have I have only ever gotten the glue, never dissolver...
    Went back just there and the same girl said to keep using oil based cleanser on them; there are two individual strips left on the left eye...she rubbed some on and they weren't budging so she trimmed them and said to let them fall off naturally ...it's been nearly two weeks now! eek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well if you're near a MAC counter you could go in and ask to *sample* their Cleanse Off Oil. It may do the trick. (sorry only thought of this now)

Larianne wrote: »
    Well if you're near a MAC counter you could go in and ask to *sample* their Cleanse Off Oil. It may do the trick. (sorry only thought of this now)

Thanks a mil, rob too late for me now but it doesn't look too bad for now since she trimmed it so I hang on. I just wasn't sure whether it was normal for them to stay that long, I didn't 'mind' them or anything especially well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nucky

Yeah the best thing now would be to let them just fall off naturally if she didn't have a glue disolver, they're designed to just fall off when the glue dissolves after a peroid of time or else when the eyelashes that they're glued to just naturally shed. :)

Advertisement