Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Award 9: Thread of the Year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ive been waiting for this one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

Eirebhoy Memorial Thread
    i see most of them are about liverpool.. all for the wrong reasons :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Benitez not Happy with Fergie
    Are liverpool and rafa done cause it gets bumped when they loose to rub it in and then bumped when they win so it can be proved that rafa's great:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Eirebhoy thread because it united the forum for probably the first time and proved just how many genuinely nice people we have posting here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Eirebhoy thread because it united the forum for probably the first time and proved just how many genuinely nice people we have posting here.

1000% agree

could not said it better myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Are liverpool and rafa done (haters gonna hate). As much it annoyed me it did provide some lively discussion. Overall was deeply touched how some posters rallied round the pool in the darkest hour. Sustained me during those cold winter months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

130 Reasons to hate Liverpool
    Hah I had forgotten about the Rafa rant thread, that was a great one :) Thoroughly enjoyable !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

how on earth is that 130 reasons thread up for nomination!!! its not even a thread. its one post basically! and a highly stupid one at that. i have not come acros this mink man before but if thats an example of his posts then he should just be...oh no wait...im not allowed to back sead moderate

mormank wrote: »
    how on earth is that 130 reasons thread up for nomination!!! its not even a thread. its one post basically! and a highly stupid one at that. i have not come acros this mink man before but if thats an example of his posts then he should just be...oh no wait...im not allowed to back sead moderate
    How about the most boring thread of year. Gave up after first seventy. Big fat yawn. And as for Torres and his poaching. Did minkman even watch our games. Are we judging these threads on quality or on how much some posters dont like the pool. What a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

How about the most boring thread of year. Gave up after first seventy. Big fat yawn. And as for Torres and his poaching. Did minkman even watch our games. Are we judging these threads on quality or on how much some posters dont like the pool. What a joke.

agreed. there is a serious anti pool vibe in this forum alot of the time. and these awards are going a long way to confirming that imo. just look at the funniest moments award or a few of the others...mostly mocking liverpool in some way. sad.

i wonder how 130 reason to hate UTD or chelsea wouldve been greeted...:rolleyes:

oh and the 130 reasons thread will win as posters vote for it just to wind up pool fans a little bit more..its quite pathetic.

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    agreed. there is a serious anti pool vibe in this forum alot of the time. and these awards are going a long way to confirming that imo. just look at the funniest moments award or a few of the others...mostly mocking liverpool in some way. sad.

i wonder how 130 reason to hate UTD or chelsea wouldve been greeted...:rolleyes:

oh and the 130 reasons thread will win as posters vote for it just to wind up pool fans a little bit more..its quite pathetic.
    Yes Im all for a bit of light hearted fun but "the 130 reasons to hate pool" thread was just downright nasty. And then we have one poster giving out about another poster's exclusion in most biased thread and yet this thread (130 reasons to..) was left in. Go figure. But its christmas eve so will leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Never ceases to amaze me how obsessed supporters of other teams are with Liverpool.:pac:

130 Reasons to hate Liverpool
    No Charlize Theron?

I am disappoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I enjoyed the are Liverpool and Rafa Done Thread for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Eirebhoy Memorial Thread
    just vote, it didnt ask for your opinion on the options!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Eirebhoy Memorial Thread
    mink_man, laying down the law.

:mad::mad::mad:

Eirebhoy Memorial Thread
    mink_man, laying down the law.

:mad::mad::mad:

you only love it ding...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

mink_man wrote: »

Really? how come we can post replies? If it was just a vote, there would be no option to reply :pac:

Eirebhoy Memorial Thread
    Really? how come we can post replies? If it was just a vote, there would be no option to reply :pac:

you win! not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Obviously...

• Advertisement

Eirebhoy Memorial Thread
    Obviously...

nice to see you agree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I completely forgot that I started the Rafa's rant thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Eirebhoy Memorial Thread
    Yes Im all for a bit of light hearted fun but "the 130 reasons to hate pool" thread was just downright nasty. And then we have one poster giving out about another poster's exclusion in most biased thread and yet this thread (130 reasons to..) was left in. Go figure. But its christmas eve so will leave it at that.

this right here is why you got to love mink man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Eirebhoy Memorial Thread
    I voted the "130 reasons" thread because I hate Liverpool so much and thought that thread was in line with my hatred of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

gotta be eirebhoy. the most tragic circumstances uniting all of us is depth you cant forge

mink_man wrote: »
    Merry christmas mink man. Nice to see you've become a constructive member of society again.

I voted the "130 reasons" thread because I hate Liverpool so much and thought that thread was in line with my hatred of them
    in protest at this thread being nominated
    reasons to love liverpool
    1. Great European Nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

As much as I would love to win ( for ego purposes ) on the Rafa thread, I can't see past the Eirebhoy thread.

Never been moved like I was by the tributes to Gearoid, feeling a connection to someone I had never known or met, as someone ( like most of us on here )who just loved posting his anonymous opinions to people who didn't really care, passionate as we all are.

On reflection, does a thread about any football team, player or fan really compare to one where people pay tribute to someone, in their 20's who has passed through this life far far too soon, leaving the forum missing their input, passion and dedication.

Life is so sad, Paisley genuinely was wrong when he made the " football life death " quote.

There is no situation where I would swap any game, performance or result not to have Gearoid back.

RIP pal.
    :(

As much as I would love to win ( for ego purposes ) on the Rafa thread, I can't see past the Eirebhoy thread.

Never been moved like I was by the tributes to Gearoid, feeling a connection to someone I had never known or met, as someone ( like most of us on here )who just loved posting his anonymous opinions to people who didn't really care, passionate as we all are.

On reflection, does a thread about any football team, player or fan really compare to one where people pay tribute to someone, in their 20's who has passed through this life far far too soon, leaving the forum missing their input, passion and dedication.

Life is so sad, Paisley genuinely was wrong when he made the " football life death " quote.

There is no situation where I would swap any game, performance or result not to have Gearoid back.

RIP pal.
    :(
    Sorry that was Shankley who made the football life death quote. still going for the Rafa liverpool thread. warming to it since it was renamed and some good discussion on it at moment. look forward to debating more with on villa game on tuesday.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My condolences by the way but wouldn't agree about it uniting the boards. May have done for awhile but there has been a lot of sniping going on during the christmas. Just calling it as it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement