Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone here get partypoker pop ups? how do you remove them?

Options
  • 24-12-2009 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

The bastards keep on popping up when I am browsing websites. How the hell do I get rid of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Well is it scanning by now? Might be worth also removing your current anti virus and downloading a new one like this for free http://www.microsoft.com/security/products/mse.aspx

your computer should be ok when you've done both those things..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I have performed a quick scan, but not has appeared yet. Have just started the full scan.

What web browser are you using?, does it happen with both internet explorer and firefox? Have you pop up blocker turned on? Does it help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

What web browser are you using?, does it happen with both internet explorer and firefox? Have you pop up blocker turned on? Does it help?

I am using Firefox V3.5, I haven't tried with internet explorer yet.

Pop up blocker is turned on, but this one sneaks through. Even when it pops up, I am told on the same page that another pop up has been blocked, so there are 2 popping up at the same time.

I have heard that it could be a script, instead of a simple ad. Like when you get those "ads" that emulate your control panel, saying "do you want to installed this program" with "Yes or no" below this. They are small when they pop up, but then expand automatically.

PS Malware tool still scanning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement